Justified Season 5 Trailer: Trigger-Happy Raylan? Check. Badass Boyd? Criminal Cretins? Check.

FX thus far has largely been teasing Season 5 of Justified with a series of too-short promos using crow imagery and or focusing on one character or another. But this new-ish minute-long trailer is as fully loaded Raylan Givens’ gun.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

The U.S. Marshal squared off some sketchy sorts (and then literally bursts Dewey Crowe’s bubble). Boyd and Wynn Duffy (new series regular Jere Burns) dig up trouble in Detroit and get “down to business” with some Canadians. (Do not ask Boyd about the bandage on his ear, ‘K?) Amy Smart all but invites Raylan to “hit the target” (or something). And Michael Rapaport is introduced as new big bad Daryl Crowe (as in Dewey’s cousin).

Are you anxious for the Southern-fried drama’s Jan. 7 return?

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• Can’t wait. January is going to be awesome. Justified, Cougar Town, Archer, Psych.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – December 21, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I’m excited for Justified, Cougar Town, Psych, and The Following. Then The Americans in February.

Comment by Kayla – December 21, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. I thought Justified was the best show of the year last year.

Comment by Ralph Hartman – December 21, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Raylan :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 21, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan really needs to diversify his dating pool!

Is baby Winona cute though?

Comment by dee – December 21, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, but the producers seem to be in love with the idea that Raylan has a weakness/blind spot when it comes to blondes.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 21, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You sure got that right! The producers must have a thing against brunettes or others. The only dark haired interests they’ve had on there for Raylan was just a snip of him thinking back to the bail bond woman…then they kill her off. The other was that really pretty gal from his past …Carla I think it was who came there to help on a case..then poof was gone. Not even a stinking little teaser scene of them together! I call discrimination against dark haired women!! :P

Comment by Peggy Ann Newell Thacker – December 24, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Carla Gugino was supposed do an arc but scheduling with a play she was doing got in the way.

Comment by George – December 30, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Neon Disease.

Comment by amycorvus – December 21, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant wait to see more of raylan screwing with wynn duffy, those scenes are always my favourites. its also going to be nice to see dewey crowe in a bigger role, i hope he survives the inevitable bloodbath.

Comment by Alan – December 21, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been marathoning old episodes to prepare, and calling it festive.

Comment by Kayla – December 21, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified always has the best promos. “Give me a target, and I hit it.” I would be GLAD to, Raylan. I have the perfect target for you to hit. And by target, I mean my ….
    I’m so sorry, I’ll be seeing myself out now.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 21, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait!!

Comment by Eliza – December 21, 2013 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait, hope to see Raylan giving people a short time to draw, or put their guns down, and then beating them to the draw, like he did in Miami in the first series, and the two hit men on that dirt road, missed that in the last few series.

Comment by Pat – December 22, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love it
    so glad its back soon
    and yeah more dewy crowe
    but no tim gutterson in the trailer just when the show gave him stuff to do last season looks like he gets nothing again this season such as shame awesome character and great actor should,be given more to do. him and raylan work so well together.

Comment by sarah – December 22, 2013 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gutterson is awesome, I agree. So is Rachel. Between those two, plus Raylan and Art, they should refer to the Lexington Marshal Branch as the “Bureau of Sarcastic One-Liners”.

Comment by Pat D. – December 22, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol
        i would love it if they called it the “bureau of sarcastic one liners”
        i also agree that tim and colt scenes were amazing last year
        but art is awesome too
        not to bothered by rachel if i’m honest but it’s just because she gets the least of everybody you never really see what shes made off

Comment by sarah – December 22, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could not agree more! The scenes between Tim & Colt last year were some of the best. I hope we see more Marshal Gutterson this season.

Comment by enuff said – December 22, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • goody we’re getting into the thick of FX Gold, Justified and The Americans. can’t wait. I’ve missed me some Boyd and Raylan.

Comment by James D – December 22, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait! I love this show!!

Comment by Carrie – December 22, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post