Is Revenge's Daniel Blind? Did Psych Jamaica You Smile? Did X Factor Dis Demi? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Revenge Daniel Shoots EmilyRevenge, Masters of Sex, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, Daily Show and The X Factor!

1 | Did Haven‘s black goo balls perchance make anyone else think of the Vermicious Knids from Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator…? No? Just our grade-school selves?

2 | Has everyone recovered yet from the pain that was Saturday Night Live‘s “Three Wise Guys” sketch?

3 | If Revenge’s Daniel managed to overhear Emily incriminating herself before shooting her, wouldn’t he also have noticed Aiden chloroforming Victoria and carrying her off? Or was he the kind of drunk that affects one’s vision but not their hearing? And conspiracy theory time: Emily is faking amnesia in the promo, right?

RELATED | Revenge Season 3 Spoilers — Why Daniel Shot Emily

4 | On Once Upon a Time, who do you think slipped the storybook into Mary Margaret’s closet that random day in 2011? If Hook is traipsing around New York City in his leathers, do people assume he’s a costumed Times Square character? And if, as some theorize, Emma will play “Dorothy” to Rebecca Mader’s Wicked Witch, does that make Henry “Toto”?Psych Musical Roday

5 | How glorious was it that Psych: The Musical eventually allowed Gus to let loose with a full-on “Jamaican Inspector Man” number? You’d totally go see that version of Ripper, right?

6 | Betrayal is still supposed to make us feel icky watching it, right?

7 | On Homeland, as compelling as Javadi’s pep talk/speech to Carrie was on the eve of Brody’s death, did it make any sense that he was the one giving it?

RELATED | Homeland Mystery: Did [Spoiler] Really Die?

8 | Who’d have ever bet Masters of Sex would end its season with a more heart-stopping cliffhanger than its Showtime lead-in Homeland? And can the producers please reconsider killing off Julianne Nicholson’s cancer-stricken trailblazer Dr. Lillian DePaul next season? Or at least keep her around long enough to send her on another road trip with Lizzy Caplan’s Virginia?

9 | Is Virginia Madsen’s Penelope really and truly dead on Witches of East End? And if yes, why the heck did Lifetime hire the Oscar-nominated actress and then give her nothing to do all season but lurk around her mansion cackling and rubbing her hands together maniacally?

HIMYM Andrew Rannells10 | Anyone else find themselves alternately laughing and cowering in fear at Andrew Rannells’ fire eyes on How I Met Your Mother? Is the good news about HIMYM airing its series finale in March that we won’t have to — wait for it — wait for it?

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: [Spoiler]‘s Back For One Final Encore

11 | Which Monday CBS sitcom character has gotten sillier this season: 2 Broke Girls‘ Caroline or Mike & Molly‘s Molly? Speaking of the Girls: Really? Moving them to 8 pm? CBS’ scheduling gurus do know half of Max’s jokes are double entendres about vaginas and penises, right?

12 | Which moment in The Voice‘s season finale was more awkward: An entire video package devoted to Christina Aguilera’s weird noises, or she and Lady Gaga getting very cozy during their performance of “Do What U Want”? And did you ever think you would find yourself going gaga over the umpteenth reality singing competition rendition of Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing”? Was Tessanne Chin’s epic rendition the moment that solidified her win?

13 | After watching The Sing-Off all week, we only have one question: What makes Nick Lachey qualified to host anything?

14 | With props to Zap2It: In the TV-movie about the Today show’s backstage hullabaloo, can Trophy Wife‘s Natalie Morales please play Natalie Morales?

15 | Does NCIS seem to use the fuzzy/”Barbara Walters” lens, on everybody, during scenes at HQ?

RELATED | NCIS: LA Season 5 Spoilers — Kensi/Deeks Romance

16 | The instant that Person of Interest guest-cast the estimable Camryn Manheim, who else correctly guessed that she would be revealed as Control? (And do you think POI‘s Control knows Scandal‘s Command?)

17 | Wouldn’t Barbara Walters’ Most Fascinating People of 2013 have been much more entertaining if she had scored face time with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian? (Imagine the soundbites!)

18 | Do you think The X Factor‘s obnoxious, Demi-Lovato-Annoying-Juiceill-advised video showing rehab graduate Demi Lovato drinking the absinthe-looking “Annoying Juice” — a moment that had her clearly upset and angry — was vicious payback for her stealing headlines before the finale by announcing her plan to exit the show? Or could it have been just another moment of tone-deafness from a production that — for three seasons now — has never managed to quite get anything right?

19 | Snap poll: How many times have you been moved to tears by Apple’s “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”/”loner kid makes best holiday mashup video ever” ad?

20 | Was there a classier, more emotional send-off in recent memory than Jon Stewart and The Daily Show‘s farewell to John Oliver? (Video below.) And do we think Oliver really wasn’t aware the royal bit he had been working on all day was just a ruse?

The Daily Show
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook

1. Rob says:

No one slipped the book into Mary Margaret’s closet. As Blue indicated right before the Dark Curse started, it magically manifested at the time right before Emma was the right age in order to lead Henry to the Savior.

2. Mary Ann says:

Regarding #20, I loved the Daily Show tribute to John Oliver, It was classy and touching. I will miss him on the Daily Show, but I am looking forward to watching his new show on HBO. He is a funny and talented man.

3. Samantha says:

#3 .. I said this from the moment that scene aired! It made me scratch my head. Daniel heard that but didn’t wonder why his mother stopped talking & sounded like her voice was muffled for a second? Stupid. Underestimating the intelligence of their audience.

• dude says:

I’ve underestimated the intelligence of Daniel since episode 1 so it rang sadly true for me that he’d be so consumed with his own anger to notice.

• CLNorman says:

I assumed at first that Daniel was around the corner listening as is the typical TV fashion but that doesn’t explain how come he didn’t hear Aiden say “Wait two minutes before shooting.” or whatever that line was. I was more than a little confused by the set up of the Daniel confronting Emily scene, which I enjoyed.

• nolan lover says:

Daniel didn’t hear Aiden because he didn’t have the closed captioning on ;-)

• Andrew says:

LMAO. Funny you should say that. I couldn’t even understand him when he cornered Lydia to give her the papers to the beach house (and he used an American accent!) Dude needs to learn how to up his register a little bit instead of being so “throaty.” I can’t understand a damn word he says half the time.

• Mikael says:

Revenge needs to kill Daniel. He is even more useless than Charlotte, which is saying quite a bit. The amnesia thing is so overdone. I hope she’s faking it. And I was hoping that Daniel would frame Victoria for the shooting, since he alternates between hating and loving her just like he does to everyone on the show every other episode.

• adona says:

Daniel Grayson is blind, but even drunk he managed to shot her wife twice in the stomach during night time. Explain me? Enternaining is not synomym of stupidity. Once a fan wrote Revenge is a good show, we just have to watch it without thinking to much. Sorry, I can’t I have a brain.

4. Lucy says:

I have LOVED Witches of East End, but I definitely questioned Virginia Madsen’s casting/character’s purpose several times this season. I love Virginia Madsen (even had to explain my seal-handclapping delight back when she showed up on Monk to my husband!) but she has really been lackluster as Penelope. I get that she’s Joanna’s foil, but what a poorly developed one, and very much the most Passions/low-rent CGI soapy character of the entire show. I can’t decide if I want her to be truly dead so I can stop feeling bad for thinking poorly of a Virginia Madsen performance or if I want her to survive and redeem Penelope to the character we all know Virginia Madsen can deliver!

• Raina says:

I hope the second season will feature more of the Penelope character perhaps in flashbacks…i.e. What happened to her after Joanna killed her father, did she go back to Asgard, is her father there, why did she have to steal powers from her sons and Freya to become stronger, how she broke Joanna’s spell and if since Joanna had been watching her, how did Joanna not know Penelope was Athena….there is a lot of story that needs to be developed around that character.

5. Mrs. Peele says:

i enjoyed psych, but they could have toned down the ‘jamaica’ a little….too much on that.

• Stormy says:

I thought Psych the Musical was just OK and more than a little over-hyped just like the “Clue’ episode. And in both cases the pineapple showed up almost immediately. I love Psych, but actually enjoyed the musical Two and a Half Men much more. For me, the “Last Night Gus” and the western episodes of Psych were much better.

• QuinnMallory says:

I liked the musical episode of Psych but didn’t love it. I think the fact that this has been overhyped was part of the problem. The none musical part of the episode also appeared to drag on for a bit too long at times, but I’m glad that everybody other than Henry got the chance to do some song and dance number on the episode.

6. Ange says:

Thought the exact same thing about 2 Broke Girls!!!

7. Babybop says:

The Jamaican Inspector Man song was amazing… I’d see that show.

8. Artlight says:

#12 I really don’t think either moment was awkward. All the comments I’ve seen online about the performance are positive for the most part, and the only negatives about Xtina’s video package are the standard “Xtina makes everything about herself.”
    I don’t think anyone (other than whoever wrote this article, I guess) thought either thing was awkward

• sophie says:

I agree. That performance was great, and why wouldn’t they put a little show on? Specially since were ”hating each other” according to the tabloids.
      The video was just as silly as the other ones from the judges.

9. Tammy says:

Yes I immediately wondered how in the world 2 Broke Girls could be showed at 8 pm. Isn’t that suppose to be the Family Hour?

I loved the whole John Oliver send off. He did seem surprised and he was all choked up at the end. Very classy!

10. Ping says:

If Hook is traipsing around New York City in his leathers, do people even notice?

11. Addie says:

3. I’d be shocked if she wasn’t faking it.
    4: Blue did it. Even if she didn’t have her memories, she still could have felt like she “had” to go and sneak the book into Mary Margaret’s apartment. And we know no strangers came to Storybrooke until Emma showed up so who else could it have been? And yes, Henry would most definitely be Toto.
    13. I ask myself the same question
    19: Crying? I’m not crying! There’s just imaginary ninjas cutting onions here.

12. Daisy says:

4. Rumple. He always wanted everyone to figure things out.
    20. That was a perfect way to say goodbye to Oliver. I even teared up there for a bit.

13. wordsmith says:

13) I’m pretty sure it’s the dimples.

14. A fan says:

4. The most obvious culprit to me would be Mr. Gold. He was the one who made sure Henry was adopted by Regina in the first place. It would make sense if all of this was his doing.

• Addie says:

The thing is, Gold/Rumple has never been subtle. If he had anything to do with the book, he would have been dropping hints all over the place.

• Andrew says:

That’s a good point, because he was the one who put the loophole into the curse that allowed for Emma to break it in the future, so maybe the book’s existence is an element of that somehow.

Mary Margaret saying that the book just “materialized” in her bedroom closet is probably the closest explanation the producers will probably give us, though.

• wordsmith says:

Didn’t we already know that August/Pinocchio was linked to that book? He seems the likeliest culprit, as the only non-cursed Enchanted Forest denizen wandering the world at that point.

15. SJ says:

On TVLine’s Popular TV Shows Q&A, is it not painfully obvious by now that the editors have some kind of bias against Revenge, what with them picking at every little detail week in week out?

Seriously guys, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything. Revenge is as good as it’s ever been and you guys keep using it as your punching bag. Knock it off.

16. Dicie says:

#20 – Jon Stewart always makes sure that the show’s correspondents get appropriate send offs, but this one tops them all. Hopefully, Mr. Oliver will one day return as a guest.

17. Kate says:

16. I have only a vague recollection of the casting announcement, so I was pleasantly surprised at her being Control. It honestly didn’t cross my mind at that point either (and I still feel fine about it because I am surprised she was because Control isn’t exactly a one off or even a half season one off type role, Control has every reason to become like and Elias or even her henchman Hirsh).

18. I thought that was super obnoxious, and I didn’t even think of the rehab angle. I mean, it was just mean spirited in general. Of course, I also would continually wonder, especially when she was down to just Carlito, that someone didn’t just tell Paulina she could speak spanish. Its not like the episode is live or anything, they would have time to do subtitles, but Carlito would have understood her, Mario and Demi would have a notion of when she was done. I mean, instead of just letting her look foolish the whole season.

18. samantha says:

16. As soon as they said “Control” on Person of Interest I INSTANTLY thought of Scandal’s “Command”

19. Eliza says:

#3: That exact thought did pop into my head. LOL.

#5: Truly loved the Psych musical episode! Definitely loved seeing Gus give it his all as Jamaican Inspector Man :) He’s awesome.

20. Kim R says:

15. As far as I can tell the “fuzzy” lens is used all the time. It is annoying when everything we watch is nice and crisp in HD. :(
    16. LOVE Camryn. So glad they’re using her, period! :D

21. csr says:

Also, can we see more of Dr. Joe on Major Crimes? Don’t we all wish he was our therapist now?

22. AT says:

#9. It was probably all about fun for Virginia Madsen. It was over the top, campy and entertaining silliness. My guess is it’s nice to be able to just cackle maniacally from time to time!

23. RichieS says:

So totally agree w/TV Line staff on Masters. This show has the best top to bottom cast on tv. Each week I’m amazed at the acting and writing and then the next week they raise the bar again. Even the sex scenes (not gratuitous at all) are intricately woven into the story. Don’t follow ratings much,but I hope they have acquired enough of a following to return.

24. jenferner8 says:

Thre’s not a damn thing wrong with watching Stuart Townsend’s smoldering gaze. No icky there. I’d rather watch this show over most of the crap on tv. And Henry Thomas has been outstanding on this show, I really wish he’d get a little more credit.
    If Hook showed up at my door in that last episode looking like that, that ending would have been very different! Guyliner and leather, the guy is smokin’ hot.

25. A says:

5) Burton Guster is my favorite TV character EVER! “Did you hear about Pluto?… Thats messed up.”

26. Josh says:

Man Chicago Fire is such a bad show, but at least it’s unique in that it’s about firefighteers. This is just another cop show, but intead it’s a soap cop show(which also exists). I just don’t get the viewing public So many good shows with great acting get low ratings…And than this show and the show it spun-off from exists.

27. Nichole says:

I live in Australia and item 20 with the video gave me pause, it had the usual “sorry this video isn’t available in your location” followed by “but hey, at least you have Kangaroos and Boomerangs.” Thanks guys lol

28. Larry says:

What the difference between a show at 8:30 or 8?

29. neha says:

I don’t know why this whole 2 Broke Girls 8 pm time-slot is being made into such a big deal. HIMYM has done WAY more “scandalous” things – Ted’s practice wedding toast about oral sex, the peanut butter/jelly joke which about vaginas and penises, threesomes, etc. If you are too young for 2 Broke Girls, you were probably too young for HIMYM too.

30. cjeffery7 says:

8 – all of the YES.
    10 – ditto.
    14 – ditto.
    20 – i got up from the table because i had to “go to the bathroom” a.k.a. avoid human emotion.

31. Angela says:

#20: I actually got a bit misty-eyed during the send-off for John Oliver. Seeing him get a bit choked up and wiping at his eyes got to me, and Jon hugging him was so incredibly sweet. He may not have known exactly how the send-off was going to go, but I do think he knew the little skit beforehand was going to lead to something :D. I’m very happy for John’s new upcoming gig on HBO, but watching that montage…damn. I’m really going to miss seeing him on “The Daily Show”.

• maggie says:

I’ll miss John Oliver on The Daily Show. I hope that the HBO show will be worthy of his talents, and not just some 2nd rate Daily Show clone.

32. I believe im Revenge they showed the the conversation with Ems and Victoria from the top deck so I am under the impression he was on the top deck then down the stairs probably at the time aiden dragged Victoria off….at least thats what I have have convinced myself…lol

33. fredy says:

Como puedo ver los priblemas

34. fredy says:

Áaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasasaaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

35. Liam says:

Revenge has been a mess this season (too), but it’s at least a hot mess unlike last season. I hope for God’s sake (and mine, and everyone with half a brain) that she is faking the amnesia.

36. timetogo says:

Getting really tired of the bs of revenge. The show started out wonderfully but just can’t seem to keep the momentum going. I don’t know how much longer I will care.
    Psych rules! I hope it will be on for many more years and please more Dule
    singing and dancing. Every one in the cast is fabulous.

37. cb says:

19 – ZERO

38. Britta Unfiltered says:

10. That was my favorite thing on TV all week.
    20. That was sad. Very emotional. I do think Oliver looked legitimately surprised about the fake story.

39. Michelle says:

Nick Lachey’s pretty face is what qualifies him to host anything! Doesn’t bother me in the least that he’s not the greatest host in the history of reality tv!

40. grace2552 says:

RE 13: Pretty boys trying to be charming is maybe my #1 pet peeve, so reality singing show hosts are usually the bane of my existence, but I’ve been quite surprised since the beginning of TSO at how much I’ve enjoyed Nick Lachey’s hosting, and this season I actually found him especially endearing. Also, on a different note, I find the question of qualification amusing, because I’m pretty sure the qualifications for being a reality television show host are 1) Is good-looking 2) Can read off a prompter 3) Yeah no, pretty much just those first 2 things.

To each their own I guess, but for me, in a world full of Nick Cannons and Christina Milians and Mario Lopezes, Nick Lachey is pretty innocuous…