Hot Video: Oscars Host Ellen DeGeneres — and 250 Friends — Put on Their Dancing Shoes

Get More: Awards, Video

Ellen DeGeneres is doing what she loves to celebrate her upcoming turn as host of the Oscars: Dancing.

The star and 250 tuxedo-clad men and women groove through the streets in the following trailer for the movie industry’s biggest night — and there’s some famous friends helping out behind the scenes, too.

RELATED | Midseason Calendar: Find Out When Your Favorite Show Will Return

Set to “The Walker” by Fitz and the Tantrums, the teaser is directed by Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, The Heat) and choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance alums Stephen “tWitch” Boss and Allison Holker.

The Oscars air Sunday, March 2 on ABC.

Press PLAY to watch the video and then let us know if we’re crazy for getting a “Girls Vs. Suits” vibe.

Comments (10)

• Nothing suits her like a suit! That was legen-wait for it- DARY!

Comment by Emily K – December 19, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. That’s all I could think when she stepped out of the same damn building. Plus screw we, bring back Seth Mcfarlane. Best oscars in years

Comment by Benjamin Lister – December 19, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you mean legenDORY :)

Comment by abz – December 20, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ellen is the only reason I’m watching the Oscars this year. In fact, I haven’t watched a full telecast since her last stint in 2007.

Comment by alistaircrane – December 19, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I saw Ashton Kutcher and Rasheda Jones. Who else is in it?

Comment by A – December 19, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh darn, I wanted more! Great choreography by tWitch.

Comment by MariaD – December 20, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very glad Ellen is back as host this year!

Comment by Bobbi – December 20, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the thumbnail for the article, and I thought it was about HIMYM….it’s VERY reminiscent of Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit! Haha.

Comment by ktbanks – December 20, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great video, love Ellen, but the song was kind of meh.

Comment by Stormy – December 20, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was kinda expecting the cast of HIMYM to dance-crash into view and take over with Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit. Maybe NPH will get to host in 2015 and they can make a commercial like that then.

Comment by Sarah – December 20, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post