Hannibal Back For Seconds in February

Get More: Scheduling News

hannibal episode pulled boston bombingsHungry for more Hannibal? Good news — NBC announced Thursday that the acclaimed thriller’s 13-episode second season will launch on Friday, Feb. 28 at 10/9c.

RELATED | Hannibal Exclusive: Sex Symbol Cynthia Nixon Joins Season 2 Cast as [Spoiler]

Dracula, which is currently occupying the 10 pm perch, airs its season (series?) finale on Jan. 24.

“Bryan and his team are running on all creative cylinders once again and have delivered episodes full of intrigue, scares and surprises,” said NBC prez Jennifer Salke. “The show continues to astound us with its incredible aesthetic beauty and its amazingly talented cast.”

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• Yes! Hannibal is such a great show!

Comment by enri – December 19, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome I’m very happy.I love the pairing with Grimm.Perfect.

Comment by Douglas from Brazil – December 19, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always knew Hannibal should air after Grimm…perfect pairing! Grimm is like PG-13 horror and then Hannibal…rated R :)

Comment by LaurenTVEA (@LaurenTVEA) – December 19, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to like this show because it’s Bryan Fuller, but it just doesn’t do anything for me. I prefer his “lighter” shows like Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls. I also loved the pilot for Mockingbird Lane. I guess I’ll continue to hate-watch Hannibal, though.

Comment by alistaircrane – December 19, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It certainly isn’t “light”, more like gruesome, so I guess it’s not for everyone, but the acting is top notch and with my personal favorite Cynthia Nixon joining the cast I can’t hardly wait!

Comment by Hannah – December 19, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re right about the acting except for Hugh Dancy. He is the worst! Will is such an awful character. There’s just no liking that character.

Comment by alistaircrane – December 19, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are we even watching the same show…?

Comment by Anna – December 20, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are joking right…

Comment by jack – January 5, 2014 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love this show!

Comment by Patrick Maloney – December 19, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo!!!

Comment by Teag – December 19, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad this show is coming back, it’s so good and it’s sad that it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves.

Comment by Kim – December 19, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will. Word of mouth and Netflix will help it grow in popularity.

Comment by Teag – December 19, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! So glad to have gotten a second season of this amazing show.

Comment by CJ – December 19, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by N – December 19, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Friends, Waffles, and Work and commented:
    Yay! I just finished watching this show and absolutely loved it. I’m looking forward to more in February!

Comment by Kaitlynn Smith – December 19, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always thought pairing it with Grimm would be a good idea. We’ll see about the Friday slot I guess. It’s a good sign when people are excited about it coming back and not mentioning the death slot. I hope it can go the 7 planned seasons. I loved the Hannibal movies and the character has always been intriguing. The tv show is a unique take on it and I knew a lot of people were worried about how it would translate. The film series didn’t really have a satisfying conclusion and it appears if the show can go the distance that we will get that.

Comment by David – December 19, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on HORROR BOOM and commented:
    It’s about time Hannibal’s back! We’ll need something to fill the void after the American Horror Story Coven finale at the end of January, too.

Comment by Mrs. Horror Boom (HorrorBoom.com) – December 19, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news.

Comment by Sabrina – December 19, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Happy to hear this.

Comment by SK – December 20, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news! Love this show.

Comment by Alanistic – December 20, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad it’s not being pushed as a summer show! I hope the ratings go up. It’s such a great show.

Comment by Mikael – December 24, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post