Ratings: Survivor on Par With May Finale, Once Enters Break on Low Note, Betrayal Sees Bump

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

Ratings Survivor Once Upon a TimeThe Nielsen tribe has spoken, and Survivor: Blood vs. Water‘s two-hour Sunday finale drew 10.2 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating — on par with last May’s Caramoan closer (10.2 mil/2.7) but down from a year ago’s Philippines finale (11.5 mil/3.2).

As for the reunion special, BvW did 7.7 mil/1.9 vs. Caramoan‘s 8.1 mil/2.2 and Philippines‘ 8.8 mil/2.3.

CBS’ numbers are subject to extra-change due to a NFL-related delay in some markets.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Midseason Finale Recap: The Never Land — Plus: Here Comes the Wicked Witch!

Over on ABC, Once Upon a Time entered its 12-week winter break with 6.4 mil and a 1.9, down three tenths to tie its all-time demo low. Revenge (6.1 mil/1.5) ticked down just a tenth, while Betrayal (3.7 mil/0.8) added some eyeballs (hitting a 10-week high) and a tenth.

RELATED | Revenge Boss on Why [Spoiler] Shot Emily – Plus, Scoop on that Memory Twist, Victoria’s Upper Hand, Aiden’s Past and More

Thanks to a beefy NFL lead-in, Fox’s The Simpsons (8.4 mil/3.5), Bob’s Burgers (5.5 mil/2.4), Family Guy (6.3 mil/3.0) and American Dad (5 mil/2.4) all saw audience gains and double-digit demo increases.

RELATED | Family Guy Creator Seth MacFarlane Defends ‘Warm, Fuzzy’ Holiday Lesson

NBC Sunday Night Football‘s coverage of the Bengals/Steelers game (14.6 mil/5.0) was down from last week’s prelim numbers for Panthers/Saints.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

Comments (26)

• I don’t normally complain about spoilers, but when I click on a link about ratings (and not the actual content of the show) I don’t expect to be spoiled (re: the picture w/this article)

Comment by George – December 16, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In this day and age of instant posting on the internet, I can’t believe anyone would click any article with a show in the title that they haven’t seen yet. They can’t hold outcomes for everyone.. Most people who comment on their favorite shows want to do so instantly…and not have to wait a day or two .. or a week just because some people people can’t stop themselves from clicking on stories about shows they know have already aired. People are becoming way too overly sensitive to “spoilers.”
      This article was for Sunday nights ratings, best to avoid it if you haven’t watched all your Sunday shows. Besides, if the ratings of your favorite shows are more important than actually watching them first.. They probably aren’t your favorite shows, are they? Nobody to blame but yourself, IMO.

Comment by DarkDefender – December 16, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If I get on the internet and click on an article that’s on me, but sometimes you do see a spoiler in a title, that pisses me off, lol :-) :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 16, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Spoilers in articles are absolutely alright, but when they are on the main page and you can’t really avoid them, only by not visiting this page, it really pisses me off. I like Tvline, it gives me a lot of information, but it’s not the first time this happened (and I don’t mean regular recaps of shows like the Voice, where I get spoiler photos are necessary). Is it so hard to pick a photo, which doesn’t show the winner? I mean it only costs you regular readers, which is a shame.

Comment by andry – December 18, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess my point is also if you don’t watch your shows when they air, best to stay off the entertainments sites until you do.
        However.. Spoilers about shows that haven’t aired yet.. Those I agree should not be in the title, but only in the body of the article.

Comment by DarkDefender – December 20, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have really enjoyed this season of OUAT, but I think they have completely engineered the show for binge watching vs. weekly viewing.

Comment by Jim – December 16, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously disappointed with the OUAT and Revenge ratings because I thought both episodes were amazing last night. The DVR numbers for both shows have been out of this world this season so I know people are watching…I just wish more folks were watching live. =(

Comment by HeatherC – December 16, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto to eveything u said! :( Revenge is SO season-1 quality good now!

Comment by trainwreck – December 16, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betrayal’s still on? I guess ABC had some patience training

Comment by Sara – December 16, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they had anything to put in it’s place so why not run it through. It’s really not that bad, I’ve seen way worse.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 16, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Son of a bitch! Enough with the spoilers…
    Never coming back

Comment by Daniel Grego – December 16, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love when people complain about spoilers when the show came on a day before… really?

Comment by Amber – December 16, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree! When I miss an episode of TAR or Survivor and I haven’t had a chance to watch it on DVR, I stay away from sites that I know may discuss the outcome. If you click on an article about last night’s ratings and the word “Survivor” is in the title of the article, there is a decent chance that the winner’s name (or picture) will be shown. Don’t blame the media.

Comment by dan – December 16, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • watched Survivor live last night and I’m not trilled with the winner but at least that person actually deserved it unlike the winner of Big Brother this year.

Comment by Elyse – December 16, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately the winners of these types of competitions rarely deserve them. You generally have to be cut throat and lie your ass off and betray your “friends” to win but I think Tyson really did deserve this one. He plotted and schemed without having to resort to brutal tactics. Personally I would have accepted anyone but Monica. That woman irritated my last nerve. I totally get why everyone kept asking her to reveal something about herself in the finale’. She is as fake as they come IMO.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 16, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • with who was left in the last 3 Tyson 100% deserved it he’s just… strange. I wanted some of the other players to step up but Tyson dominated.

Comment by Elyse – December 16, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize the “actors” are told what and how to act, right? Just like wrestling.

Comment by Len – December 16, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is BS. My neighbor was on Survivor and while there is some coaching it’s mostly the editing that you’re seeing that creates some of the drama, etc. Can’t speak for Big Brother.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 16, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t think anyone could deservedly win Big Brother. A waste of a show

Comment by Boiler – December 16, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hey Boiler, thanks for your unwanted input… it really means a lot to me!

Comment by Elyse – December 16, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Funny you say that. I was unable to watch the survivor finale so I checked twitter. One of the tweets I saw was ole rat-devil Andy Herron welcoming Tyson to the winners club. Seriously?! Tyson may have been a little unlikeable, but he did not float his way to the end like Andy did. Andy wouldn’t last a week in survivor land.

Comment by Lauren – December 16, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder how OUAT’s numbers will look after adjustment. I think the current ratings are indicative of people’s reactions to the show as of now. I mean, I enjoyed some scenes in the finale, but the overall implications? I’m not enticed in the slightest. I was hoping the series would return to Season 1 form, but not if it means the erasure of the character’s experiences up to this point. I feel like the writers have run out of ideas so they are retreading old ones. It’s just sloppy and lazy.

Comment by Steph – December 16, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sad for Once :( For me yesterday’s episode was amaaaaazing!!!!!! So much was going on, I couldn’t stop crying and the twists were amazing and didn’t expect most of them… I hope people tune in next year cause this show is amazing and deserves more!

Comment by luli – December 16, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree! I am so glad the Neverland stuff is behind them! I have so many questions though! Is Gold really dead?! I mean really?!!?! And then a time jump?! And Hook coming to Emma for help? Why and How?! I’m excited for the rest of the season but really bummed about a 12 week hiatus?! Oh my that is LONG!

Comment by Robin – December 16, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished Revenge and it was a good episode but I’m not sure I will hang around if they really go with the amnesia story in the second half. That’s just to lame. We’ll see what happens :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 16, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post