Exclusive

Exclusive Chicago PD Sneak Peek: Are Voight's Dirty Methods Rubbing Off on the Team?

The cops of NBC’s Chicago PD aren’t above getting their hands a little dirty, and Intelligence team head Hank Voight is leading the charge in the following exclusive trailer, which will debut during The Voice.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

“This is our unit now. You do things my way,” he tells his crew between exchanging money on the sly, getting violent with a criminal and saving the life of a Chicago Fireman.

Press PLAY to watch a sneak peek at the spin-off, which premieres Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10/9c, and then keep scrolling for a first look at the official cast photo (click for a bigger version).

Chicago PD Season 1 Spoilers

1. Samantha says:

I really want to watch Chicago PD because I love Chicago Fire and Sophia Bush, but I’m not going to be happy if it’s just an entire show about dirty cops and how they get away with it. I’m not really into that kind of story. I guess we’ll see the direction it’s going to go in once it premieres!

2. JustineK says:

Yeah, I still can’t believe this guy is not only out of jail but also gets to be a team leader.

3. ggny says:

So they pretty much recasted everyone that was originally casted? No one that was in the backdoor pilot is even on the show anymore?

4. Tran 2.0 says:

Can’t wait for Chicago PD when it debuts on January 8th. I wanted to see Sophia Bush kick some major butt in the streets of Chicago. Wonder if they’re planning on a Chicago Fire/PD crossover episode soon.

5. Leah says:

Looking forward to this. Not a fan of Voight, admittedly, but I love that we’re going to get to see more of Antonio and Jay. Both are/were awesome on Chicago Fire. I love how they’ve introduced us to the cops beforehand so we already know them. Really hoping this does well, love Chicago Fire and I hope I’m gonna love Chicago PD, too.

• Eliza says:

I agree about Antonio & Jay. When I first read about a spinoff of Chicago Fire, I was hoping Jon Seda would make the cut & be a series regular. He has been great on CF, and I really like Antonio.

6. Et al says:

It’s so sad to see nbc starting to go the cbs route of dumb procedurals and endless spin-offs. I guess they need to do it for ratings. Thanks goodness we have cable.

7. sarah says:

I am looking forward to this. However I will be disappointed if it is about dirty cops. I was hoping Voight would change his ways and be good, but that would be asking to much!

8. Sarah says:

If you looks at previous sneak peeks it seems like they’re going to address that by making Voight’s dirty cop act a kind of undercover role. In other words he’s not actually a dirty cop but playing the role of one to make certain connections within the gangs. I could be wrong but that’s how it seemed. Of course I don’t know how they explain away the hit he put out on Casey in Chicago Fire…

9. Jenna says:

So no more Tanya Ramonde(sp) :(

10. I’m really looking forward to this show… but this promo poster is…. weird. Sophia Bush looks like she has shrunk.

11. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more unlikeable main character to build a show around before. He’s not even ‘anti-hero’ material, he’s just plain unlikeable. Even if he was ‘undercover’ for all the crap he pulled on CF, what he did to Cruz and his brother was unforgivable and irresponsible. Love me some Chicago Fire but I’ll be giving this one a pass.

12. I LOVE Jon Seda aka Antonio Dawson, wish he were the one running the intelligence unit, but then, all cops would play nice ; ). I am interested in seeing this show and the direction they are looking to go with dirty Voight. Yes, we all have our ways, maybe there is something good inside him, has to be. I need some answers on why he did what he did to Casey on Fire. Hope he makes up for it!!! I hope people will give this show a chance, I love those Antonio siblings, so cute to see bro and sis working together. Ughhh can’t wait till the premiere of PD, Jan 8th Baby!!! Antonio on NBC = post holiday Treat… ; p

13. Bob Jones says:

Bloody Hell, where is everybody? Clint Eastwood’s Kid, Tania Raymonde, Melissa Sagemiller/Casey Lookalike Sister/potential Girlfriend?

14. jessieboy says:

I’m glad Sydney T. Poitier will have an arc on the show, hopefully she’ll become a regular. She’s the only reason I’d watch.