Exclusive Chicago PD Sneak Peek: Are Voight's Dirty Methods Rubbing Off on the Team?

The cops of NBC’s Chicago PD aren’t above getting their hands a little dirty, and Intelligence team head Hank Voight is leading the charge in the following exclusive trailer, which will debut during The Voice.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

“This is our unit now. You do things my way,” he tells his crew between exchanging money on the sly, getting violent with a criminal and saving the life of a Chicago Fireman.

Press PLAY to watch a sneak peek at the spin-off, which premieres Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10/9c, and then keep scrolling for a first look at the official cast photo (click for a bigger version).

Chicago PD Season 1 Spoilers

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• I really want to watch Chicago PD because I love Chicago Fire and Sophia Bush, but I’m not going to be happy if it’s just an entire show about dirty cops and how they get away with it. I’m not really into that kind of story. I guess we’ll see the direction it’s going to go in once it premieres!

Comment by Samantha – December 16, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m looking forward to it too for the same reasons. I think if the writing is anything like Chicago Fire, it will be a great show.

Comment by Ginger Starrett – December 16, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I still can’t believe this guy is not only out of jail but also gets to be a team leader.

Comment by JustineK – December 16, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they pretty much recasted everyone that was originally casted? No one that was in the backdoor pilot is even on the show anymore?

Comment by ggny – December 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *cast

Comment by dude – December 16, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Scott Eastwood’s still there… I thought the only one that left was Melissa Sagemiller…

Comment by Marco – December 16, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Chicago PD when it debuts on January 8th. I wanted to see Sophia Bush kick some major butt in the streets of Chicago. Wonder if they’re planning on a Chicago Fire/PD crossover episode soon.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – December 16, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • technically it already happened,Bush and Antonio were investigating the murder on CF.

Comment by Shaun – December 16, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to this. Not a fan of Voight, admittedly, but I love that we’re going to get to see more of Antonio and Jay. Both are/were awesome on Chicago Fire. I love how they’ve introduced us to the cops beforehand so we already know them. Really hoping this does well, love Chicago Fire and I hope I’m gonna love Chicago PD, too.

Comment by Leah – December 16, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Antonio & Jay. When I first read about a spinoff of Chicago Fire, I was hoping Jon Seda would make the cut & be a series regular. He has been great on CF, and I really like Antonio.

Comment by Eliza – December 16, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so sad to see nbc starting to go the cbs route of dumb procedurals and endless spin-offs. I guess they need to do it for ratings. Thanks goodness we have cable.

Comment by Et al – December 16, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ummm… Where have you been? NBC practically invented that formula with the-franchise-that-just-won’t-die (better known as Law & Order)

Comment by writingmyownway – December 16, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am looking forward to this. However I will be disappointed if it is about dirty cops. I was hoping Voight would change his ways and be good, but that would be asking to much!

Comment by sarah – December 16, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you looks at previous sneak peeks it seems like they’re going to address that by making Voight’s dirty cop act a kind of undercover role. In other words he’s not actually a dirty cop but playing the role of one to make certain connections within the gangs. I could be wrong but that’s how it seemed. Of course I don’t know how they explain away the hit he put out on Casey in Chicago Fire…

Comment by Sarah – December 16, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So no more Tanya Ramonde(sp) :(

Comment by Jenna – December 16, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to this show… but this promo poster is…. weird. Sophia Bush looks like she has shrunk.

Comment by Aline (@thatwasscary) – December 16, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more unlikeable main character to build a show around before. He’s not even ‘anti-hero’ material, he’s just plain unlikeable. Even if he was ‘undercover’ for all the crap he pulled on CF, what he did to Cruz and his brother was unforgivable and irresponsible. Love me some Chicago Fire but I’ll be giving this one a pass.

Comment by gonzosgirrl (@gonzosgirrl) – December 16, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Jon Seda aka Antonio Dawson, wish he were the one running the intelligence unit, but then, all cops would play nice ; ). I am interested in seeing this show and the direction they are looking to go with dirty Voight. Yes, we all have our ways, maybe there is something good inside him, has to be. I need some answers on why he did what he did to Casey on Fire. Hope he makes up for it!!! I hope people will give this show a chance, I love those Antonio siblings, so cute to see bro and sis working together. Ughhh can’t wait till the premiere of PD, Jan 8th Baby!!! Antonio on NBC = post holiday Treat… ; p

Comment by Stella (@Stellasmilez) – December 16, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bloody Hell, where is everybody? Clint Eastwood’s Kid, Tania Raymonde, Melissa Sagemiller/Casey Lookalike Sister/potential Girlfriend?

Comment by Bob Jones – December 16, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Sydney T. Poitier will have an arc on the show, hopefully she’ll become a regular. She’s the only reason I’d watch.

Comment by jessieboy – December 17, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post