Video: Dulé Hill On Psych's Musical Episode, [Spoiler]'s Looming Death and the Series Finale

Dule Hill PsychFunny story: I managed to Psych out Dulé Hill — to the point that he revealed why he and his co-stars looked so damn hungry in the USA Network hit’s musical episode (airing Sunday, 9/8c)! And that’s just for starters…

RELATED | Psych Season 8 Premiere Date Set

While I had the West Wing alum on the TVLine couch, I also questioned him about the big diss in the posters for his Broadway smash, After Midnight; I prompted him to admit — dramatically and repeatedly — that, “Somebody dies!” in Sunday’s two-hour song-and-dance event; and I elicited a promise that that Season 8’s fan-chosen episode, “Nightmare on State Street,” won’t be the series’ last.

There’s even a little singing.

So press PLAY, have a look and a listen, then hit the comments. Maybe you’ll guess who’s the somebody that dies…

1. I still think it will be Ally Sheedy will be the one that dies. Steve Franks said that the musical was suppose to air after Dees Nupz. Everyone was in the following episodes.

2. Rob says:

Erm, Ausiello, that counting song is from Sesame Street, not 3-2-1 Contact. For shame!

3. Lyss says:

A Nightmare on State Street isn’t the finale, it was just filmed last. The finale is The Break Up!

4. Babybop says:

I just don’t think I’m mentally prepared for Psych to end yet…

5. Esaul says:

Staying positive! Season nine of Psych will happen!

6. I’m 98% convinced that Psych is ending. Either USA is failing in the worst way ever by not announcing it, or there’s something going on behind the scenes that means it will be renewed or given closure in some way. Thats the 2% hope i have left. Although that 2% gets smaller by the day :/

• Esaul says:

While it’s not early for them to consider cancelling Psych, it’s far too early to determine a renewal status. Sure they could always give us something special, but in a way a musical is special and the increase episode count from the initial order is special enough. Also they haven’t seen any sort of numbers for this next season yet so they can’t base a renewal prospect without that yet.

7. abz says:

They can’t end it on a fan-voted episode. That’s just ridiculous. Hoping for a full 9th season!!

• Quinn Mallory says:

I can’t see USA not giving Psych at least a short season order to end the series on.

• john says:

I think it will be a tragedy to end Psych! If the same old mean , angry Judge Judy can stay on all this time…….then Psych should definitely go another 8 seasons! Best show ever

8. Taylor says:

They’ve indirectly confirmed that it the last season MULTIPLE times,

9. bobbie says:

isn’t Dule Hill wonderful!!!! PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay oh my heart goes pitty pat! Can never get enough PSYCH
    yes to more seasons, and yes to more episodes! please!

10. Carrie says:

He’s delightful.

11. Kayla says:

Oh I love him so much. “I go and I say my lines, I go ‘Shawn! Shawn!'” Oh Dule <3 <3

High pitched Gus squealing – he knows what the fans love.

I want to see After Midnight sooooo badly. Just going to pout for a little while (for the umpteenth time) over that.

12. Psych-o says:

Jules is the one who dies because of her show on ABC!

13. Henrick Peres says:

Blog PsychBR posted a video a few days ago with a promo saying that the eighth will be the “Final Season”. The video is already deleted by USA Network.

14. Not Robert Englund? …

15. Susie says:

We need another season~ This is one entertaining show!

16. WeNeedMorePineapple says:

If they’re going to end Psych, it’d better be with a wedding!

17. Hi says:

People keep saying that Shawn proposes to Juliet in season 8. Is this true?