Ratings: Sons Delivers Most Watched Finale Ever

Ratings Sons of Anarchy FinaleSons of Anarchy‘s Season 6 finale on Tuesday night premiered to 5.2 million total viewers (with 3.5 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot), marking the FX drama’s most watched finale ever.

Over two airings, the series’ penultimate season finale amassed 6.4 million viewers, with 4.3 mil in the demo. TVLine readers gave the bloody 110 minutes an average grade of “B+.”

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Post Mortem: Maggie Siff and Kurt Sutter Talk Killer Finale — Plus: Scoop on Season 7

All told, the supersized installment stands as the second highest-rated episode of the biker saga’s most watched season (averaging 7.3 mil/week) to date.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 Finale Recap: Kitchen Sunk

The seventh and final season arrives in fall 2014.

1. BrianR says:

Noooooooooo, Gemma must DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. rachelle says:

I gave this episode an A. There’s so much I wanted to say, but couldn’t, so I haven’t commented on the recap or the interview with the actors. Just because the episode didn’t end the way I’d like or someone suffered a fate they didn’t deserve doesn’t mean the episode wasn’t brilliant. I’ve been seeing too many people complaining about the show, saying it sucks because of the way the episode played out. They need to grow up. The show plays out like real life. In real life, people who don’t deserve it get hurt and evil people get away with murder… for now anyway.

• Francine says:

I don’t understand your comment telling people to grow up. Yes, these things happen in real life- and in real life, people don’t say “oh well, its life and that’s the way the world works”. No, people are mad, heartbroken and determined to see justice. Just the way people feel after watching the SOA finale. I agree that its silly to expect a happy ending for any character- its just not going to happen. But feeling depressed and wanting to see justice are all completely normal things to feel as far as I’m concerned. Some may take it too far but I understand the immediate feelings after such a powerful finale.

3. Winter says:

Charlie Hunnan better get performer of the week this week!

4. ro says:

Tara dying was a crowd pleaser lol

5. Toni says:

Wow. I am so surprised that this site even acknowledged the SOA finale ratings. This site only ever talks about Masters of Sex and Homeland and the rest be damned. I am in total shock.

• Francine says:

Do you mean just posting something about its ratings, or posting about the show in general? There’s been a lot of stories about SOA this season (not sure about last year) so I assume you’re talking about ratings?

6. Denise says:

I don’t think that Tara should of been killed off, I was rooting for Jax and Tara but now the truth must come out and Gemma must be killed!

7. maya says:

I think the circle wil be close next year when…i’m pretty sure about that..Gemma will die because Jax will kill his mother. I see this coming

8. katiemae1277 says:

is anyone else super PO’d at Unser? He told Gemma that Tara made a deal when he obviously didn’t know anything about what was going on! Gemma may have done the actual killing, but I blame Unser for starting that ball rolling.

• Rovonne says:

I’m very upset with Unser! I feel the same way as you. He’s the typical busy body though; always talking and don’t know the truth.

• Rovonne says:

When he walked in the ice cream shop and said, “I know some of what’s going on.” I said,”you don’t know anything about what’s going on.”

• Pam says:

That scene was interesting because when this continues to play next season I am sure (almost) that Unser will figure out what Gemma did. And remember what he told her and how shell shocked she was that night. But Unser is too much in love with Gemma (gag) to turn her in.

9. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I Grade the S6 finale an A!…….As much as i liked the S4 & S5 finales THIS was the best one and season 7 will be HUGE for sure. Chibs and Bobby will be the only ones SURVIVING this Bloody Mess! Love S.O.A i don’t want the show to end!!