Ratings: Sons Delivers Most Watched Finale Ever

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

Ratings Sons of Anarchy FinaleSons of Anarchy‘s Season 6 finale on Tuesday night premiered to 5.2 million total viewers (with 3.5 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot), marking the FX drama’s most watched finale ever.

Over two airings, the series’ penultimate season finale amassed 6.4 million viewers, with 4.3 mil in the demo. TVLine readers gave the bloody 110 minutes an average grade of “B+.”

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Post Mortem: Maggie Siff and Kurt Sutter Talk Killer Finale — Plus: Scoop on Season 7

All told, the supersized installment stands as the second highest-rated episode of the biker saga’s most watched season (averaging 7.3 mil/week) to date.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Season 6 Finale Recap: Kitchen Sunk

The seventh and final season arrives in fall 2014.

Comments (14)

• Noooooooooo, Gemma must DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by BrianR – December 11, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gave this episode an A. There’s so much I wanted to say, but couldn’t, so I haven’t commented on the recap or the interview with the actors. Just because the episode didn’t end the way I’d like or someone suffered a fate they didn’t deserve doesn’t mean the episode wasn’t brilliant. I’ve been seeing too many people complaining about the show, saying it sucks because of the way the episode played out. They need to grow up. The show plays out like real life. In real life, people who don’t deserve it get hurt and evil people get away with murder… for now anyway.

Comment by rachelle – December 11, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t understand your comment telling people to grow up. Yes, these things happen in real life- and in real life, people don’t say “oh well, its life and that’s the way the world works”. No, people are mad, heartbroken and determined to see justice. Just the way people feel after watching the SOA finale. I agree that its silly to expect a happy ending for any character- its just not going to happen. But feeling depressed and wanting to see justice are all completely normal things to feel as far as I’m concerned. Some may take it too far but I understand the immediate feelings after such a powerful finale.

Comment by Francine – December 11, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Hunnan better get performer of the week this week!

Comment by Winter – December 11, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tara dying was a crowd pleaser lol

Comment by ro – December 11, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I am so surprised that this site even acknowledged the SOA finale ratings. This site only ever talks about Masters of Sex and Homeland and the rest be damned. I am in total shock.

Comment by Toni – December 11, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you mean just posting something about its ratings, or posting about the show in general? There’s been a lot of stories about SOA this season (not sure about last year) so I assume you’re talking about ratings?

Comment by Francine – December 11, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that Tara should of been killed off, I was rooting for Jax and Tara but now the truth must come out and Gemma must be killed!

Comment by Denise – December 11, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the circle wil be close next year when…i’m pretty sure about that..Gemma will die because Jax will kill his mother. I see this coming

Comment by maya – December 12, 2013 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is anyone else super PO’d at Unser? He told Gemma that Tara made a deal when he obviously didn’t know anything about what was going on! Gemma may have done the actual killing, but I blame Unser for starting that ball rolling.

Comment by katiemae1277 – December 12, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m very upset with Unser! I feel the same way as you. He’s the typical busy body though; always talking and don’t know the truth.

Comment by Rovonne – December 12, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When he walked in the ice cream shop and said, “I know some of what’s going on.” I said,”you don’t know anything about what’s going on.”

Comment by Rovonne – December 12, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That scene was interesting because when this continues to play next season I am sure (almost) that Unser will figure out what Gemma did. And remember what he told her and how shell shocked she was that night. But Unser is too much in love with Gemma (gag) to turn her in.

Comment by Pam – December 12, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Grade the S6 finale an A!…….As much as i liked the S4 & S5 finales THIS was the best one and season 7 will be HUGE for sure. Chibs and Bobby will be the only ones SURVIVING this Bloody Mess! Love S.O.A i don’t want the show to end!!

Comment by Jax&Juice's Girl – December 14, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post