Exclusive: Guy Pearce to Orbit Sean Saves the World as New Love Interest for Sean

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Guy Pearce Sean Saves the WorldA new Guy is about to shake up Sean’s love life.

Sean Saves the World has snagged Guy Pearce (Memento, Prometheus, Iron Man 3) to guest star as a romantic interest for Sean Hayes’ single-dad character, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Pearce will play a charming, thrill-seeking adventurer who Sean will do almost anything to impress. He’ll appear in the NBC sitcom’s 15th episode, which is slated to shoot in early 2014.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What Will Be Renewed?

Sean has been on something of a stunt-casting roll this week. On Tuesday, we reported that Hayes’ Will & Grace sidekick Megan Mullally will guest star later this season as his onscreen sis.

Pearce’s recent TV credits include a supporting turn in HBO’s Mildred Pierce miniseries, a role that netted him an Emmy in 2011.

Comments (10)

• Hopefully all these guest roles, will add to the audience and ratings, so it won’t get cancelled!

Comment by TV God – December 11, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. I hope it doesn’t get cancelled. But I also hope it doesn’t go the Will and Grace route and have a special guest star on every week. That’s what turned me off that show

Comment by Ed – December 11, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. W&G was the show everyonwe wanted to do and NBC made thie most of that opportunity… although I think seasons 1 and 2 remain strongest as the focus was more on Will and Grace and the quirks and personalities of the four core characters were not yet exploited.

SEAN SAVES THE WORLD is a nice sitcom. I would hope it can find footing and NBC can nurse this and THE MICHAEL J,. FOX SHOW to some degree of success. I like “old friends” back on the air.

Comment by Iakovos – December 11, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, Guy Pearce. You can do so much better than this.

Comment by Mike – December 11, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better than Guy Pearce? Hardly Apparently you never saw “The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert” where Guy played Mitzi — the most tumultuous drag queen ever.

Comment by David Ehrenstein – December 12, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guy Pearce?! Hoooooottttt! Lucky Sean Hayes lol!

Comment by Al – December 11, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not even Guy Pearce can get me to tune in to this show again.

Comment by Jon – December 12, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar
    one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

Comment by seo – December 17, 2013 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will be interesting to see Sean Hayes act with Guy since he already acted with Guy’s doppleganger Shawn Christian on an episode of W&G about 8 yrs. ago. Am I the only one who thinks they were separated at birth?

Comment by Jen – February 1, 2014 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • always i used to read smaller posts that also clear their motive, and that is
    also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading here.

Comment by Brooks – March 13, 2014 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post