Hot Video: Doctor Who's Christmas Special Trailer Declares, 'Eleven's Hour Is Over Now'

Time’s up, Eleven.

If you’re approaching levels of kinda-sorta readiness to bid adieu to Matt Smith, the trailer for Doctor Who‘s upcoming Christmas special, Time of the Doctor, is just what the you-know-what ordered.

RELATED | Doctor Who Casts Torchwood Vet Peter Capaldi as Twelve — Yay or Nay?

In Smith’s final turn as the Time Lord, airing Dec. 25 at 9/8c, “The massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather near a quiet backwater planet, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them — the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.”

RELATED | Departing Doctor Who Matt Smith on His ‘Hard Choice’ to Leave and ‘Emotional’ Goodbye

Presumably near the end of it all, “The Doctor is regenerating!” the Daleks tell us. (Duh.) Press PLAY, now.

1. “Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner” he takes her to a war-torn planet, lol.

Ooops…

2. Poppy says:

I’m not ready for Matt to leave!! Christmas Day is going to be filled with lots of feels.

3. Britt says:

What if we’re not even close to approaching levels of kinda-sorta readiness for Matt to leave? (But also excited for Peter Capaldi at the same time)

Half excited, half dreading this episode.

4. Mare says:

I agree with Poppy, I’m not ready for him to leave yet either :( I can’t wait to see it but yea, I don’t want to lose Matt. :(

5. Leigh says:

I shall miss Matt Smith. His adventures with Jenna Coleman were just beginning…

6. Rook says:

This is gonna be my first Doctor regeneration, i watched every episode this summer. I don’t know how im gonna handle this….

7. JAOTAO says:

I’m with you all – not ready for Matt to leave yet – then I wasn’t ready for David either. I must say my favorite storylines were David/Rose and Matt/Ponds with a good dose of River Song thrown in. I will be glued to my set!

• Bob says:

Matt/Ponds (odd you mix reality with fiction) would essentially be all but seven episodes of Matt Smith’s run as The Doctor.

• Ciara says:

He said Matt instead of 11th Doctor because the numbering of the Doctor’s regeneration has been changed so most fans are not sure whether Matt should be called 11th, 12th or 13th doctor.

8. There has to be a REALLY compelling reason for the Doctor to go to Trenzelore knowing what he knows. Specially after his past self told him to not go there.

9. Ewa says:

I can’t wait for Capaldi!!! So excited!

10. While I’m going to miss Smith, I’m highly excited for Capaldi.

Oddly, Of the many things I’m looking forward to from him, I think I’m most looking forward to when he does a guest spot on Craig Ferguson.