Exclusive

Exclusive Sneak Peek: Bob Barker Marks His 90th Birthday With a Price Is Right First

It’s hard to believe, but Bob Barker — who hosted CBS’ The Price Is Right for 35 years! — has never uttered the game show’s signature catchphrase, “Come on down!” That, however, will finally change this Thursday, Dec. 12, when the veteran emcee returns to the daytime TV staple to celebrate his 90th birthday.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Take a peek at the exclusive photo below for a glimpse at Barker, with Price announcer George Gray, just before his milestone moment.

Show #6534K

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look

1. Kris says:

He looks amazing for 90. I would’ve thought he was at least 10 years younger.

2. Tran 2.0 says:

Bob Barker is still the best and he’s look very good at being 90. Can’t wait to tune in come Thursday. As for Drew Carey, where does he go from here?

• Owen says:

This is just a birthday celebration for Bob. Drew Carey is still the host of TPIR.

• Tran 2.0 says:

That is not what I’m talking about. In my opinion, Bob Barker is still 100x better than Drew Carey. Carey is not in the level Barker was and the one thing that really bothers me over and over and over again is his “contract”. How long will The Price is Right ever going to end depending on “ratings”? I mean people are still not giving up watching the show. :-(

3. JoyAnne says:

Bob was great but Drew is also doing a great job. I enjoy seeing him on TPIR.

4. HeatherC says:

I’ve always loved the fact that Bob Barker and I share a birthday (12-12)! I’m admittedly quite a few years younger than him ;) but it’s always been fun to share that little fun fact every December (it’s also Frank Sinatra’s birthday). I actually grew up watching TPIR so I’m looking forward to seeing Bob back on Thursday. =)

5. David4 says:

Come on down! I’m retaking my show for my birthday!

6. Mario500 says:

Bob Barker actually said, “Come on down” on the program before, specifically in the opening for one of its special nighttime editions under the name “The Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular”. I do not know whether he said it in a daytime edition of the program produced before the edition scheduled for this Thursday, though.