USA Network Moves Suits Back to Thursday, Sets Premiere Date for Psych Season 8

Get More: Scheduling News

Suits ThursdaysSuits is on the move again.

USA Network announced Monday that its legal hit will shift from Tuesdays back to Thursdays when it resumes Season 3 on March 6 at 9/8c. It will be followed by Denis Leary’s new half-hour EMT-themed comedy Sirens at 10 pm.

RELATED | Midseason 2014 Calendar: Find Out What’s Retuning, and When

Psych, meanwhile, will launch its 10-episode eighth season on Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 9/8c. (The special two-hour musical episode airs this Sunday, Dec. 15 at 9/8c.)

As previously reported, White Collar returns from its holiday hiatus with four more Season 5 episodes on Thursday, Jan. 9 at 9/8c.

Comments (36)

• Wow next month? I can’t wait!! :D

Comment by Esaul – December 9, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still bitter at USA network for canceling necessary roughness. :(. After psych is gone, I’m done watching.

Comment by Jamie – December 9, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I liked Necessary Roughness…Covert Affairs, White Collar and Suits are the better shows!

Comment by KM – December 9, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw Sirens at a test screening. It’s so funny! Hope the time slot doesn’t screw things up.

Comment by Zach – December 9, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Psych is coming sooner than I expected!

Comment by Lecholls – December 9, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( have to wait untill march for suits

Comment by steve – December 9, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know but at least it’s coming back… :)

Comment by Nicole – January 26, 2014 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news , wonderful service !!

Comment by james dover – December 9, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Psych in a month! But why only 10 episodes? :(

Comment by Olivia – December 9, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll take what we can get, lucky to even get an 8th season :-/

Comment by Greg – December 9, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Money. The show is getting old and expensive – especially for the ratings it gets. Perhaps, the move to the early slot will help it.

Comment by DenverDean – December 9, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really glad that “Suits” is moving back to Thursday – more convienent for me on that night and time.

Comment by NoChance – December 9, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding? Thursday night is unbelievably packed with shows I watch this year. Although 9:00 is better than 10:00, where there are three shows I watch already. Tuesday would be much easier for me.

Comment by opus – December 9, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am getting Psyched for the return of “Psych”! Unfortunately, I believe this could be it for the series which will make me do very sad. I am not sure who wants it to end, the Producers or the cast of characters? Either way, still will be very sadden when the series finale is announced.

Comment by Pat – December 9, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or it’s the network since it is an old show at this point for cable.

Comment by Esaul – December 9, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, and since USA is trying to go into “darker fare”, they just want to get rid of Psych. I don’t get why. Tons of people love it, and their “darker fare” like Graceland is so boring!

Comment by Zach – December 9, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you, Zach, for me it was a real cliche snoozer.

Comment by bobbie – December 9, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crap! Suits moving to Thursdays is so bad my tv schedule.

Comment by Amanda – December 9, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s official. Mind is blown. Was actually expecting USA NETWORK to return PSYCH in June or something like that…

Comment by Jack Wahl – December 9, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on a White Collar renewal and whether or not this will be the final season of Psych (I hope not!)

Comment by abz – December 9, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great can’t wait for Psych, love that show and cast! I’ll count that as a birthday gift, since my b-day is the 9th….

Comment by K. – December 9, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 4 more White Collar episodes for Season 5? I thought there was a total of 13 episodes this season…

Comment by Rich Abey – December 9, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • White Collar has 2 more shows in December, then the Christmas break and they follow up with 4 more in January. I am worried USA may not renew it, wish they would tell us something soon.. hope they give it a proper ending for the fiercely LOYAL FANS of this great show. Need our Neal and Peter fix weekly.

Comment by JBC – December 9, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • March 9!!wth!!Bring it back sooner!

Comment by Shaun – December 9, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In a stupid move, USA will follow the 1/2 hour comedy Sirens with a Modern Family repeat. Modern Family is so overexposed. If USA is committed to 1/2 hour comedies, they should have scheduled another new one to fill the 10 o’clock hour after Sirens. As was mentioned elsewhere, Thursday is a heavy schedule for TV, and I really believe that they did Sirens no favors by placing it where they have.

Comment by HAP – December 9, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The delicious flavor is almost back! I can hardy contain my joy

Comment by A – December 9, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PSYCH!!! psych psych psych
    moooore psych please, and it can’t be soon enough.

Comment by bobbie – December 9, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Pysch will premiere their new season early next year. Sucks have to wait until March for the rest of season 3 of Suits.

Comment by Joey – December 9, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely
    digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

Comment by teuc.pt – December 9, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited to hear about the Psych premiere date! Although I am very worried that this may be the last season, as James Roday said that the 8th season finale doesn’t have much closure.

Comment by Rach – December 9, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch a single show on this channel and very happy about that!

Comment by DavidSask – December 9, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then what’s the point of commenting? Also, you’re missing out because USA has some pretty great shows.

Comment by abz – December 9, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a big WC fan but the current season is so boring. I miss the old Caffrey and Burke :(

On the other hand, so excited for Suits!!!

Comment by Nadz – December 10, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I reached the point that my irritation at PSYCH’s juvenile antics and Shawn, in general, outweighed my desire to see Dule Hill.
    I quit PSYCH two seasons ago. There are too many shows, on too many channels, to waste time forcing yourself to watch something you don’t like.
    I can’t believe it keeps getting renewed.

Comment by Broadwayfan – December 10, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUITS is the best!! The cast and storylines are terrific…so glad it is being renewed! Thank you USA for putting on shows that actually are entertaining instead of airing ridiculous reality shows.

Comment by Deborah Gagnon – January 26, 2014 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s my favorite show on tv cable or not. DON’T messwith it! I love white collar too. Best shows, funny, smart, quick dialogue. Love the characters too.

Comment by pattie – March 2, 2014 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post