Ratings: Amazing Race Hits Finale Low, Once and Three Fox 'Toons Rise, Betrayal Returns Down

Ratings Amazing Race FinaleThe conclusion of the 23rd running of The Amazing Race on Sunday night drew 9.2 million total viewers and a 2.1 rating, down in the demo from both its year-ago (9.4 mil/2.6) and May 2013 (9.1 mil/2.4) finales, thus hitting an all-time low for a season ender.

Leading out of the Race, Part 2 of The Mentalist’s “2.0” release held steady with 9.6 mil and a 1.7. All CBS numbers are extra-subject to adjustment due to some NFL-related delays.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!

Over on ABC, Once Upon a Time (6.9 mil/2.2) added some eyeballs and rose three tenths in the demo, Revenge was flat with 6 mi/1.5 and Betrayal returned to 3.1 mil/0.8, down a tenth.

RELATED | Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!

Fox’s The Simpsons (6.8 mil/3.0) matched its previous numbers, while Bob’s Burgers (4.6 mil/2.1), Family Guy (5.2 mil/2.6) and American Dad (4.3 mil/2.1) all grew in audience and saw double-digit percentage increases in the demo.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

NBC Sunday Night Football’s coverage of the Panthers/Saints game drew 16.6 mil and a 6.0, up 7 and 11 percent from last week’s fast nationals for the Giants/Redskins.

1. enri says:

Loving The Mentalist 2.0. I loved Lisbon being sassy. Who knew you could be so excited over a pair of socks.

• Rich Abey says:

- Those hand knitted Washington socks…love them! They looked so warm & cuddly and when Jane cuddled them against his chest together with Lisbon’s adoring smile…CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!
      – The show has never been so much fun. Mentalist 2.0 does feel like an entire new show..especially last week’s My Blue Heaven which felt like a Pilot. Surprised the ratings haven’t improved any further..guess it takes time to catch up with the less devoted Mentalist fans..but I’m pretty sure the ratings could go back to the levels maintained in the first 4 seasons.
      – Only downer to Mentalist 2.0: Agent Fisher (a.k.a annoying irritating smug Kim). I never really caught onto her..hope she doesn’t stay anything beyond next season.
      – Will Jane & Lisbon ever get together? Their future looks bleak..what with Lisbon’s new pending boyfriend and Jane’s date. At least they admitted how important they are to each others lives. We already waited 5 long hard years. Guess we can hang around for a bit more…

2. Amanda says:

The over run of the ballgame might have been a facter but the teams were not great in the finale. I rooted for the team that one only because I had come to totally dislike the other two teams

• opus says:

I’ve never commented on spelling and grammatical errors before but it is bad enough to spell “factor” incorrectly but to use “one” instead of “won” is just too much. Improve your education Amanda!!

3. Eric7740 says:

Alright OUAT!!! Now, that has been the best episode this season!!! Can’t wait for the winter finale next week!!!

4. Joe says:

Revenge will get one more year to tie things up , when it started I didn’t think it could run for numerous seasons because of the story , I have been enjoying it this season too bad season 2 scared a lot away

5. J says:

I am glad The Mentalist ratings have held. The show has really expanded its horizons and in doing so has made the show even better! I have never seen so many smiles…and at home I was smiling too.

6. Britt says:

Amazing Race: The challenges use to be really good, now not so much. I am also happy with the team that won. I was rooting for the ER doctors, but Travis started to get on my last nerve in these last few weeks. If he thought he could do better than his wife, why didn’t he do the challenge?

• G says:

Agreed. Glad Jason and Amy won. But overall this season was poorly cast. Fingers crossed they get a better cast next season.

• I totally agree Britt, Travis was such an ass always making Nicole feel bad. Did you see in the car she had tears, he was awful to her. that Marie was just as bad to her X so I guess I’m happy with the winners, at least they were sweet to each other.

• meem says:

They have to split the challenges equally, so I’m guessing Travis had done so many in the beginning that Nicole had to do them at the end.

7. Shageen says:

They eliminated the 2 characters weren’t needed which is a good thing. You don’t need 3 awkward boring types. Cho is enough. Still after the huge Red John let down it’s going to be a long way back.

• Rich Abey says:

Agree with you on the eliminations. But how come Red John was a huge let down? I, for one, found the ending done perfectly.

8. Tenney says:

I actually turned off The Amazing Race after the Afghanimals were elimated. I started to get disgusted by the way the Travis/Nicole and Jason/Amy treated the Afghanimals and Marie/Tim. Travis/Nicole and Jason/Amy got to be too self-righteous for me to even watch one of them win.

9. Bob Smith says:

Love the new Mentalist! Much better with the lighter side.

10. Pamela says:

I quit watching the Mentalist last year along with NCIS & NCIS: LA.

11. tp says:

I enjoyed The Mentalist last night. I will stick around for a few more episodes to see where it goes.

12. R says:

I’m really enjoying the Mentalist reboot. The new characters bring a fresh new dynamic to the show and I love it. Can’t wait to see more of all of them, and I’m excited for the new cases too. I also like that they brought back trickster Jane — ending RJ was good for all of us.

13. Shiloh says:

Enjoyed THE MENTALIST last night. I really like the knew tone, the return of trickster Jane and Jane & Lisbon’s increased closeness and how much more relaxed (and smiley) they are now that the hunt for Red John is done. Lisbon really shone last night in particular for me. I loved that she stood up for herself with Jane finally, and he respected that and she’s with him by choice, because, come on, you can’t break up the dream team. The new people are okay so far. I think I need some time for them to grow on me. Of the three, I like Abbott the best because he makes for interesting scenes with Jane. I like 2.0 right now a great deal.

• Rich Abey says:

Right here with you. I like Abbot too..in a weird sort of way. Really not into ‘Kim’ though..she is annoying, irritating & smug..we don’t need any more of that. Hope she doesn’t stay too long. Cho 2.0 (a.k.a G-Man) feels pretty good too..he even released a rare smile!

14. I loved The Mentalist last night. I like the reboot with trickster Jane..he is the smartest person in the room and the FBI is learning that. Kim admitted that she was undercover when she met Jane so they didn’t meet by chance. Kim also said to Lisbon that Jane helped take down a serial killer and expose crooked cops and judges. They should give him a medal instead of prosecuting him. I’ll be watching as long as The Mentalist is on.

15. Mags says:

Sunday night I watched the first half of “Bonnie and Clyde” and am sorry that I did. Not only was it boring, but they added strange bits, such as giving Clyde psychic powers. He supposedly got those powers as a child from a high fever. His first vision as a child was of an adult woman, who turned out to be Bonnie. And they made Clyde a petty crook who was coerced into robbery and murder by a desperate-to-be-famous Bonnie. She actually hyperventilates when she doesn’t get a contract at a movie studio, and thinks her chance at fame is slipping away. Since her acting career didn’t work out, Bonnie decides that being a famous criminal is the way go. The feeling I got from the show was that Bonnie and Clyde were born too soon, because reality TV would have given them a different career path.

• Babybop says:

Thank you for saving me the time I would have spent watching this! They gave Clyde Psychic powers?! I just watched the movie in my film class a couple of weeks ago and hearing that is almost sacrilege. I was on the fence and now I’m not. Ha ha.

16. CJ says:

So happy that Jason and amy won. They were a nice couple who were respectful of each other throughout. Marie is just an awful human being and I was really surprised by Travis’ behavior toward Nicole near the end. To tell a fellow contestant that your wife is a weka link is kinda horrible.

17. CJ says:

weak link…that’s what I get for typing too fast lol

18. maria says:

i enjoyed the mentalist, but not enjoy at all the new cast, bring back the old team. I miss PJ and Lisbon and the old crew chemistry.