Exclusive

Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Battle Centipede's Next Gen Super-Soldier

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. call in for “super” back-up as the war with Centipede amps up — and TVLine has a first look at one fierce face-off.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

In Tuesday’s fall finale (ABC, 8/7c), titled “The Bridge,” Coulson brings in Mike Peterson (returning guest star J. August Richards, who was last seen in the pilot) for some super-soldier support. But as seen in this exclusive clip, neither his mighty muscle nor Coulson’s Night-Night Gun may be enough to silence Centipede’s newest threat.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Memorable Lines From S.H.I.E.L.D., NCIS, Almost Human and More!

Following this week’s cliffhanger episode, S.H.I.E.L.D. returns Jan. 7.

Loading video...

1. mac says:

If the entire show was action packed like that I wouldn’t have stopped after episode 3. I’ll catch this episode tough

• wealthypeople22 says:

Wow..My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy passionate older man. They met through …..RichFishes.ōrg ….. The largest place for meeting successful wealthy men and classy women. Meet Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door.
      dsfdsfd

2. Kat says:

oh man…cliffhanger episode = going crazy for months.

3. Tamim says:

I really hope this is finally the sign of things to come and that they no longer feel that they need to establish groundwork and instead can simply allude to backstories, but no longer need to go on and on about them.

4. Christina says:

Thanks for the S.H.I.E.L.D. love Matt!

5. Could this be the turning point? Ahh, so much going on! Can’t wait!

6. Alan says:

this is gonna be fun.

7. Geo says:

I wish J. August Richards would stick around and they’d ditch one or two of the duller characters on the team. That really would be a move in the right direction.

• wordsmith says:

I like his character, but conceptually, having a full-on metahuman on the team would sort of ruin the “not all heroes are super” concept.

• xx says:

! I like this idea- ditch Ward for superhuman muscle? Although Ward sucks less with the Ward/May dynamic than he did when he just flirted with Skye and beat people up.

8. Barry says:

Kill off Melinda May and keep Mike Peterson.

9. Luke says:

I thought the mid-season finale was going to be two-part? So, The Bridge is one two-hour episode or is not?