Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Battle Centipede's Next Gen Super-Soldier

Get More: Exclusive, Finales, Video

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. call in for “super” back-up as the war with Centipede amps up — and TVLine has a first look at one fierce face-off.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

In Tuesday’s fall finale (ABC, 8/7c), titled “The Bridge,” Coulson brings in Mike Peterson (returning guest star J. August Richards, who was last seen in the pilot) for some super-soldier support. But as seen in this exclusive clip, neither his mighty muscle nor Coulson’s Night-Night Gun may be enough to silence Centipede’s newest threat.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Memorable Lines From S.H.I.E.L.D., NCIS, Almost Human and More!

Following this week’s cliffhanger episode, S.H.I.E.L.D. returns Jan. 7.

Loading video...

Comments (13)

• If the entire show was action packed like that I wouldn’t have stopped after episode 3. I’ll catch this episode tough

Comment by mac – December 9, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow..My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy passionate older man. They met through …..RichFishes.ōrg ….. The largest place for meeting successful wealthy men and classy women. Meet Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door.
      dsfdsfd

Comment by wealthypeople22 – December 9, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh man…cliffhanger episode = going crazy for months.

Comment by Kat – December 9, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s only off for 3 weeks.

Comment by wordsmith – December 9, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope this is finally the sign of things to come and that they no longer feel that they need to establish groundwork and instead can simply allude to backstories, but no longer need to go on and on about them.

Comment by Tamim – December 9, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the S.H.I.E.L.D. love Matt!

Comment by Christina – December 9, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could this be the turning point? Ahh, so much going on! Can’t wait!

Comment by Insticator.com – December 9, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is gonna be fun.

Comment by Alan – December 9, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish J. August Richards would stick around and they’d ditch one or two of the duller characters on the team. That really would be a move in the right direction.

Comment by Geo – December 9, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like his character, but conceptually, having a full-on metahuman on the team would sort of ruin the “not all heroes are super” concept.

Comment by wordsmith – December 9, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ! I like this idea- ditch Ward for superhuman muscle? Although Ward sucks less with the Ward/May dynamic than he did when he just flirted with Skye and beat people up.

Comment by xx – December 9, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kill off Melinda May and keep Mike Peterson.

Comment by Barry – December 9, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the mid-season finale was going to be two-part? So, The Bridge is one two-hour episode or is not?

Comment by Luke – December 10, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post