Exclusive

Exclusive Awkward Video: Will St. Matty's Party Reunite Jenna and Her Ex-Boyfriend?

Jenna is back in her friends’ good graces on Tuesday’s Awkward (MTV, 10:30/9:30c), and the timing couldn’t be better. As the following exclusive preview shows, Tamara and Ming have got some juicy gossip about Jenna’s ex Matty, but could it lead to romantic reconciliation?

RELATED | Awkward Season 4 Gets 10-Episode Back Order

After laying down the ground rules of their renewed friendship — no more poser glasses! — Tamara and Ming reveal that the jock and new girlfriend Devon are over, and it’s all because of Jenna! So his St. Matty’s party may provide the perfect opportunity for her to win back his heart — if she can score an invite.

1. b says:

Don’t understand why the writer/creator who was fired spent two seasons building up Jenna and Matty’s relationship only break them up so quickly. Is this the reason for her departure?

• TojaC says:

I agree. What was the point of that? At first I didnt like them together because of jake but they grew on me and now they’re broken up. Not cool,

• TojaC says:

I agree. What was the point of that? At first I didnt like them together because of jake but they grew on me and now they’re broken up. Not cool!

• jenn says:

she decided to leave on her own terms for personal reasons.. but the new showrunner promised to have the great, funny ideas as season 1!

2. Daisy says:

I watched part of the first episode this season and then stopped. Not because Jenna and Matty broke up but because her character seemed to inexplicably change. I just haven’t liked her at all. Maybe I’ll watch this episode now that she’s stopped being such a jerk to her friends.

• Connie says:

She got better towards the end of the last episode. But you were right to stop watching. It was just excruciating watching her be different. She’s the main character, but I couldn’t wait for her scenes to be over so they can get to Jake, Tamara, Matty, Ming, and co.

3. alistaircrane says:

I want Jenna back with JAKE. Meanwhile, when is the season finale? Is it an hour-long episode on December 10, or a regular half hour on December 17?

4. I’m kind of shocked by how much I love the second half of this season. I was expecting to cringe through it, but I’ve been enthralled. Mostly I think of the show as brave for taking Jenna to such an unlikable direction.

5. Ella says:

I hope not. I can’t stand Jenna now, Matty deserves WAY better.

6. Vette says:

I am a huge AWKWARD fan … But I too can’t stand that Matty and Jenna aren’t together. I guess it’s the writer’s way of keeping the suspense going. Although Jenna was a skitch in season 3 … She has really grown and matured thru everything she experienced. Not only has Jenna Matured but Matty has too. By Jenna cheating on him, he experienced heartache and pain from the person he loved and thought would not hurt him. They both went thru a lot together and apart from each other. The thing that makes me sad is that Jenna learned what a great relationship(s) she messed up and Matty now realizes that life will go on without Jenna as his girlfriend. He seems content now and doesn’t really look at her the same. It’s very sad because people make mistakes … I just hope Matty forgives Jenna and can love her again. It will take time but I’m sure they will eventually reunite :D

7. Márcia says:

I WANT JENNA TO BE WITH MATTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!