Good Wife Post Mortem: EPs Robert and Michelle King Talk Episode 100's Mother of a Twist, Will and Alicia's Future, Kalinda's New [Spoiler]

Whack-A-MoleWarning: If you have yet to watch Sunday’s Good Wife, steer clear of the following, spoiler-laden post mortem. Bookmark it and return after you have seen the episode. Everyone else, please proceed.

The Good Wife‘s passed the 100-episode mark Sunday with an hour that featured tears, laughter, betrayal and one helluva spit-take.

In the following post mortem, series cocreators Robert and Michelle King tackle the milestone installment’s biggest questions, and also tease what’s to come when CBS’ superior legal drama thriller returns in early 2014.

PHOTOS | TVLine Readers Give Thanks to The Good Wife, Scandal, Veronica Mars and More

TVLINE | Let’s start with Marilyn’s big episode-ending announcement and Eli’s legendary spit-take. Were you just having some fun there? Or did you want to leave viewers wondering if Peter might be the father of her unborn baby?
ROBERT | The latter. And we pick up a second later in the 101st episode [airing in early 2014], and we go into more detail.
Marilyn PregnantMICHELLE | Eli’s certainly worried about that possibility.
ROBERT | It’s meant to be comic and worrisome at the same time. Eli’s going to look at the dates and see if it makes sense.

TVLINE | At its core, this episode was all about Will working through his anger issues toward Alicia. Is that a fair assessment?
ROBERT | Yes. Right after Episode 5, where everybody gets fired, Will is energized, excited. It’s kind of a relief that this baggage has been taken off his back. [But he] wasn’t dealing with the problem underneath. One doesn’t need to get massively psychological to say he’s hiding from himself how much of a tear this is in his life. Not just losing a daily contact with Alicia, but seeing her as this betraying, awful woman.

TVLINE | Those flashbacks were a reminder of how great they were as a couple.
ROBERT | [Julianna Margulies and Josh Charles] have such perfect chemistry, it’s almost a crime not to explore some of these things. They love working together, they love being together. The memory structure [allowed us] to show not just the hate, but the reverse of that as well.

TVLINE | When Will wished her happy holidays at the end of the call, did that represent a turning point for him?
ROBERT | That is a really good question. [To Michelle] I think you and I might be in disagreement on this.
The Decision TreeMICHELLE | I did not think it was a turning point for him. [To Robert] What did you think?
ROBERT | It wasn’t [necessarily] written that way, but I think Josh played it like he really meant it. There’s a way to play it where it’s like, “F— you. Happy Holidays. Your money is gone.” But I actually thought he [was sincere]. [To Michelle] We may be in disagreement, which is not a bad place to be.

TVLINE | Where does their relationship go from here? Are they still going to be operating at that same level of disdain?
ROBERT | Creatively, you don’t want to live in one world for too long. So it either goes deeper, or it goes the other way. It’s a very interesting relationship now that it’s flipped from love to hate. So we want to continue to explore that, and we will.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

TVLINE | What is the current state of Alicia and Peter’s marriage?
ROBERT | Alicia is still in the original [mindset] that her husband betrayed her. And then there was the second betrayal with Kalinda. And Alicia wants to believe she has moved on from that, but I still think it’s partly there. They are very much a Bill-and-Hillary couple in that they sort of need each other politically: Alicia because she started her own firm, and his name still means something; and Peter because without her [he can’t be forgiven in the eyes of voters]. It’s in a tentative place. Having said that, Alicia is a sexual being who, every now and then, desires her husband. So she’s slightly divided between that and whether [she] loves and is committed to [him] over the long-term.

TVLINE | We’ve seen Will deal with his latent feelings, but what about Alicia?
ROBERT | We’re going to go there.
MICHELLE | The difference between Will and Alicia is that Alicia has a lot of other stuff pulling at her mental state that Will doesn’t have. She has two kids, she’s trying to start a new firm… there isn’t as much mental space for it.

TVLINE | Fans don’t love Will’s new girlfriend, and I’m guessing that is the point.
ROBERT | [Laughs] We wanted someone who was the opposite of Alicia. Someone who had a youthful spirit that was like, “Hey, whatever you want.” He went from a lot of baggage in a relationship —almost an unbearable extent, to lightness. It’s an extremely light relationship that doesn’t weigh him down.

The Decision TreeTVLINE | This was also a big episode for Kalinda. How was this romance with Jordana Spiro’s cop character conceived?
ROBERT | We thought it would maybe be a head-fake to the audience, that perhaps we were going down a Nick route again [with Jason O’Mara’s Damian]. What we wanted to do was have someone that sent us in a direction that would be more interesting for Kalinda, which is a woman who is a little closer to who Kalinda is — although possibly tougher. And once we knew we could get Jordana Spiro, we were thrilled, and even wrote more in that direction.

TVLINE | Are we going to see more of her?
ROBERT | Oh, yes.

TVLINE | Does that storyline essentially replace the Juliet Rylance arc that never came to pass?
ROBERT | Yes. With Juliet, the problem wasn’t her. The difficulty was purely that in the first episode this season, the plot was so thick and all-encompassing that there was no time to create that chemistry. So we decided to retool it and we went in a completely different direction. The audience can sometimes get frustrated with characters that might seem like they’re being neglected, but we have 22 episodes. So even if you don’t see someone popping in the first half of the year, they’ll get their moment, hopefully. I mean, unless we do our job poorly.

TVLINE | Will Kalinda get her due in the second half of the season?
ROBERT | That’s our hope.
MICHELLE | We suffer from an embarrassment of riches. We have such a wonderful ensemble that there are times when we aren’t able to use one character or the other as much as they deserve. There have been moments when Diane hasn’t been as much in the forefront as we would like her to be. Same thing with Cary. They’re all such amazing actors that we hate it when we can’t use them as much as we want.

TVLINE | Is Jackie still suffering from dementia? She appears to be of pretty sound mind.
ROBERT | Jackie never had dementia. She was over-medicating due to her forgetfulness. That’s where some of her bug hallucinations came from. Once she had the helper, Cristian, watch over her medicating, her hallucinations went away. On the thematic level, we wanted to suggested that Jackie was a senior citizen in decline until Peter won the governorship. Now she’s in ascendence. She is a woman who thrives on power.  [Editor’s Note: Robert King asked for the opportunity to clarify his position regarding Jackie’s mental heath, so this answer has been changed from an earlier version.]

TVLINE | Opening the episode on the 100-mph marker on Kalinda’s speedometer was genius.
MICHELLE | That was Robert.
ROBERT | [Laughs] Thank you. There was a movie called Drowning by Numbers. In every scene you saw a different number, and it was a countdown from 100 to zero. And it was our idea to do a Drowning by Numbers in this episode, where in the beginning you would have 100 and [later] in a scene there might be a novel Catch 22 for the number 22. Or there might be checks in it where you see No. 1 or 2 or 3. The problem we had was that it gave us very little room to edit the episode.
MICHELLE | We figured out the problem before we put pen to paper.
ROBERT | So what we ended up doing was announcing, at least to ourselves, that this was the 100th episode. And it also seemed to be a way to start the episode with a lot of speed behind it.

1. JJM says:

If Peter is the father of Marilyn’s baby then I guess it’s time to say that this show has jumped the shark.

• Larc says:

I don’t think he is. There have been a few signs Marilyn may be a little “off” mentally. She could have a crush on Peter and be fantasizing he’s the father. But I doubt TGW writers would be in any hurry to let all that surface before having some fun with the speculation.

2. nikki says:

This is such crap. Now Peter is a cheater again. When? Why? To make the Willicia fangirls feel better. The writers are sell-outs. Such a shame

• Greg says:

I ve read their answer up above 3x now, where does it say Peter is the father of the baby??

• abz says:

Please read the interview again. You’re jumping to conclusions.

• LadyBurton says:

Duh, It’s called a cliff-hanger to get that water cooler talk going til the new year. You really think he’d have his head of ethics having his baby? Come on, he’s stupid but not that stupid. Anyway, right now I think he is way more in love with Alycia, and needs her more than she does with him.

• James Butler says:

I can’t wrap my mind around the fact that Peter is always considered the bad guy so that the hypocrites can justify Alicia’s scandalous behavior. Why does the storyline require flashbacks of adultery to complete litigation in the court room? I have come to the conclusion the title of the show is a oxymoron and the depiction of a wife having coitus with someone other than her husband is not for the GOOD wife but for a woman who is having a good time at the expense of her family. I disliked100 episode because it really contribute to Florrick/Agos moving forward and becoming a firm in competition with LG. Peter has gone from jail to become Governor of his State by being a GOOD HUSBAND AND FATHER after his previous mistakes. Give the character the credit he is due.

• James Butler says:

I intended to say that the flashbacks in the courtroom “Didn’t” contribute to Florrick/Agos moving forward.

• Maria Laura says:

If your morals say that marriage is holy under all circumstances, even during a separation which both parties are aware off, then I understand why you would consider her less of a ‘good wife’. But this view on marriage is an unrealistic and unfair one in my eyes. She’s clearly fell out of love with her husband after seeing her old life being destroyed by his actions (with multiple women, with a lot of money). She didn’t divorce for a multiple of practical reasons and because of the love she has for her children. This same love that eventually kept her from pursuing a true feeling of love and friendship for an old friend and colleague?

I don’t understand how you can compare her betrayal to the INSTITUTION called their marriage to his personal betrayal to her and her kids. Peter knew about Will and he knew he wasn’t allowed to ask questions or to judge her for it at the time. But you’re right, Peter is not always bad and he has good qualities. Alicia clearly respects him for these. But he two-timed her. She never “dated” (for a lack of a better word) these two men at the same time. At all times they knew whom she was emotionally/sexually commited to. She was always truthful, she is a REAL good wife, a realistic depiction of a woman with good morals. I just don’t understand why you would watch it, if you believe in such misogynistic ideas.

• Dream says:

Dude you need to chill. First off its only a show, and Alicia didn’t even sleep with Will untill after her and her husband split. It was Peter who wrecked their family. She was nothing but good and true to him so no I don’t think “The GOOD Wife” was an oxymoron because she is a good wife to still stand by his side and not ruin him like she could and a lot of women in her position would. it kinda seems like ur talking about your self and your own issues with women.

• Kim R says:

I don’t think that is how it was meant. It was an hilarious way to end the episode and will be as funny watching Eli try to investigate to see if that indeed is the case. I wouldn’t worry about Peter being the actual father. We’re not watching All My Children. :D

• C says:

This is totally a misdirection. And a somewhat obvious one at that. Look at where all these characters are at – it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Peter to be the father. I’m not entirely convinced that he can’t/won’t be tempted to cheat again, but I highly doubt that this is it. They want us to wonder if that could be the case because I’m sure Alicia (and obviously Eli) are going to wonder the same thing.

But IF Peter were to cheat again (and I personally think that’s a valid concern), it wouldn’t be something he’d be so cavalier about – bringing the girl casually around Alicia? I’m not really a P/A fan, but I do think he loves her. And he’d feel guilty about it if it DID happened again. He’d either confess immediately and beg for forgiveness or he’d go to great lengths to ensure she never found out.

3. Lyn says:

I can’t get over how well written this season has been! Every episode just gets better and better!!! Every time I think that they have done the best episode to date the next one comes along and blows the previous episodes out of the water!

4. Je says:

I’m not understanding how (almost) everyone Kalinda comes into contact with wants to sleep with her. Besides that point, this episode was very good.

• Dick Whitman says:

Have you seen Archie?

• abz says:

That’s always been Kalinda. Sex is her weapon!

• Lyn says:

Ha … yeah, it’s like Ally McBeal used to be on that show — I would think, hey, she’s pretty, but why does EVERYone who spends 5 seconds with her fall madly in love/lust? Kinda ridiculous.

• C says:

Not to mention the fact that it’s apparently the only thing the writers can think to use Kalinda for. Don’t get me wrong – AP is fantastic at playing that side of things and she does have chemistry with pretty much everyone. But that narrative is tired – and I predicted it four episodes back when I saw the announcement about Jordana Spiro and Jason O’Mara. It’s the weakest part of the show right now and I’m convinced it’s because they don’t know how to use Kalinda when she isn’t in Alicia’s sphere. Which is just sad…because they have such a gold mine when it comes to Archie.

5. Grace says:

Peter better not be the father of Marilyn’s baby!!!! I knew I couldn’t stand her, but that would just be crazy!

6. Amy says:

The spit take was awesome, but Peter is not going to be the Father. It is too predictable. Great episode. Good to see Kalinda’s back. Loved seeing the highs and lows of Alicia/Will. Only down side was we didn’t get a face to face show down between Alicia and Peter’s mothers, oh well, I guess they have another 100 to get to is.

• Doug H says:

I think she said the name as a joke to get at Eli… ha ha..

• sigstenenbaum says:

THIS. YES. The relationship between these two just screams that it was her toying with Eli. I love their scenes together. Gosh, I love this season!!

• redjane12 says:

That is entirely possible and a million times more likely than Peter being the father (in my opinion)

• abz says:

I agree. I don’t think he did. He always seemed more into rekindling the marriage between him and Alicia way more than she ever did. And based on observing him both this season and last season, I just don’t get that feeling that he cheated on her. Of course, I could be wrong. On the one hand, for me, I’d kind of be happy that he cheated on her because maybe that will finally push her to leave him and then she’d be away from him AND Will, but on the other hand, like you said, it would be too predictable.

• Missy says:

I think Peter and Marilyn had something going since she was sent off to Springfield. That was Peter’s way of getting rid of temptation. Then she came back because they needed her. The baby being Peter’s is more than possible — it is quite probable. Poor Peter — It’s hard for a leopard to change its spots.

• Sam says:

Actually, she was sent off to Springfield because Eli insisted on it even though Peter was against it. And then Peter asked Eli to bring her back because he realized that people were assuming they sent her away because she was too ethical and Peter didn’t want her there because of that.

7. mantua says:

OK, first off, I would have been utterly shocked if the writers hadn’t actually gone there with the ‘Marilyn’s baby daddy’ storyline BUT I am fairly certain it is just a big fat tease, a nod if you like to the show’s original concept and a chance for us to see how much these characters – especially Peter and Alicia – evolved during these five years.

P.S. Was I the only one who was kind of expecting Alicia’s father to be revealed (Noble’s character) by her mom, after I saw in the opening credits that the great Stockhard Channing was guest starring in the episode ? For such a big name they sure underused her this time, I was expecting the cliffhanger to revolve around her.

8. WatcherInsanity says:

How in the f*** is Marylin’s baby Peter’s? Wasnt she pregnant already when we the audience and Peter meet her? If Peter is indeed the father can Alicia dumps the sack of s*** already? And please stop calling Willicia a relationship, it was a romp in the sack, that all, anybody can have one of those and not necessarily be in love. Introduce a man for Alicia not sissy loser like Will or a two timer like Peter, a Man in all the sense of the word. Cary has more b**** than Will and Peter put together.

9. Kat says:

So basically, Alicia is going to be whoring around with both her husband and the ex-boss she was having a dirty little fling with for about five seconds two years ago? I hope she gets a STD check first.

This show is disgusting. Their whole message is that there is no point to any other relationship than hot sex, and abusing other people for that purpose. And that you should destroy everyone else for that purpose.

Fangirls, this is WHY PEOPLE DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW. There are plenty of other shows on the air where people actually care about and respect each other, and desire more than to use each other for sex.

It’s very telling that the writers don’t seem to care that Alicia is married to a political figure, and that’s why she probably shouldn’t start having sex with other people while she’s still sleeping with him and reaping the benefits of being married to him. Well, they didn’t care two years ago, so why should they now? Destroy everyone else’s lives and career for your libido and selfishly pretend that it’s love while you bring no commitment or respect to it. Yup, that’s the ticket. GO FEMINISM!

Every time I check in with this show it makes my love for Margulies’s other characters die a little. I hope that in the future maybe she plays someone who has a little bit of a soul.

• mantua says:

Since you are clearly missing the whole point of the show AND the central character therefore can’t appreciate ‘The Good Wife’ for what it is – a remarkably intelligent, spectacularly well-written, brilliantly acted network drama – , maybe it would be for the best if you stopped ‘checking in’…this show is clearly not for you.

• Luli101 says:

The Will/Alicia memory pops and Will having to confront his feelings was soooooo good! I loved how Alicia was on the stand–she was a “warrior princess.” I wasn’t sure if Will was just playing her on the witness stand or if he really was getting emotional asking the questions. As for Melissa George, I think she is great and her voice is not “whiny” as a previous poster said, but more sultry, maybe. I think we have had enough “pregnancy” comedy and weirdness for the rest of the series, though. The Marlyn/Peter/baby thing is a complete tease. If it is not…it is going to be a long second half of the season, but I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that. LOVE this show. Best thing on TV

• Chloe says:

Geez lady, just stop watching!

• abz says:

You clearly don’t seem to understand this show or the characters AT ALL!

• Cathi says:

Change the channel.

• Deion says:

Yeah…If the fact that 3 years into the show, Alicia gave in to feelings she’d had since college and slept with Will for a brief time is still angering you, maybe you aren’t a fan. You’re certainly unappreciative of the character’s journey. Please end your suffering. Watch no more.

• LadyBurton says:

You remind me of my father when Howard Stern had a tv show years ago. Every week he would tell me he how vile it was and it should be taken off the air, siting examples in the show that week. Such hypocrisy and I suspect a lot of guilty titillation. p.s. I think you are taking this show a tad bit too seriously to get so worked up and should examine why.

• That’s a lot of projection.

10. Carolyn says:

The show was great!!! I cried from laughing at Eli’s spit-take! It was obvious that Marilyn was provoking a reaction! No way Peter is the baby’s father! That would be totally ridiculous at this point! I’m never disappointed in the show and tonight’s show was wonderful, as usual!

11. rachelle says:

Peter is not the father of Marilyn’s baby. She most likely said that to get a rise out of Eli. Or because she likes the name! It would be waaaay out of left field for that baby to be Peter’s. And Marilyn wouldn’t be so dumb as to reveal something that big in front of Alicia’s mom and Eli. I assume that’s something she and Peter would want to hide, something that would only be found out through some serious snooping.

12. Marc says:

Peter is not the baby’s father. This is just the Kings mocking all of the fans who assumed that Peter would have an affair with Marilyn when the casting was announced over the summer. And, Eli is there to represent the viewers who think they would actually be so cliched and unimaginative.

13. abz says:

God I love when Alicia is a badass in the court room!! I enjoyed it so much after seeing will do all that practising and she just destroyed him. Yes, I know she didn’t end up winning, but that didn’t make it any less AWESOME!!

14. Sparky says:

For the 100th episode I’m not sure what I was expecting but I was kind of underwhelmed by this episode. And for the record I’m pretty sure Peter isn’t the baby daddy….

• Stacie says:

I think it’s because tonight set the groundwork for a ton of things, but we didn’t see them come to fruition yet. I liked this episode a lot because it got the ball rolling on a few storylines, and it cleared a few things up, but in a lot of ways it was a filler episode. But a really good filler episode.

15. Lucy says:

And a big giant nothing about Cary. Thanks, Kings. Thanks Ausiello.

16. Babygate says:

This is the only show right now that consistently impresses me with the writing. It is genius. When Cary asked Alicia what Will had and she responded : a “whole lot of anger” to me it exemplified how rich and layered this show is. It was such a simple, almost pedestrian response and yet it was perfect and completely appropriate and accurate. I still cannot stand Jackie and I honestly don’t see how she moves the plot forward. Her time could have been given to Kalinda who is still suffering from screen deficit. I thought the 100 on the opening scene was genius. Loved Nathan Lane and I hope that the lady cop sticks around for Kalinda. The whole “embarrassment of riches” comment is lame. Stop adding people and sub-plots then. Work with what you’ve got.

• SO agree with this. Thank you.

I’d like to see an episode where there is ONE guest star: a judge. And LG and Florrick/Agos go mano a mano in a courtroom, with staff support.

That’s it. No Peter, no Jackie, no Elsbeth, no Patti Nyholm … just your “embarrassment of riches” main cast. I know you can do it, Kings.

Cary is not my favorite character, but I enjoy him when he’s actually on screen. His part has been reduced to almost sheer pointlessness; he’s falling off the screen just like Kalinda has. Diane is very interesting, and Baranski a wonderful actress; do more with them both. Are you telling me you can’t create enough tension and antagonism with the characters you have now — not to mention the villainous, amoral (and wonderful!) David Lee on main cast — to steer clear of guest stars for a couple episodes?

• Asta says:

I think Cary should leave the show and start his own law firm on NBC.

• Pat says:

I think Matt Czuchry should leave the show and do something else because right now everything else, even unemployment, would be better than the absolute nothing they’re doing with him. Also the acting material they’re giving to him is shameful and after the complete awful things they did with him last year if I was him I’d take this like a sign that those writers really consider him just a stupid dummy they can use as needed.

• Babygate says:

Ahmmm, No. Unemployment is NOT better than what Matt is doing. I agree that he his talent is being under-utilized but at least he is part of what many consider to be the strongest, best drama on tv right now. That’s impressive on any resume. There are thousands of actors out there that would be thrilled and grateful to have this part. You need some perspective…

• Lucy says:

I agree that Matt Czuchry should leave. He’s an actor. What matter is mainly his individual work as actor. When the show will end people won’t cast him because he was part of the “best show ever!”. They’ll cast him because his individual work in that show got noticed. And there’s no chance it will with the smallish plots and the scant scripts they devoted to him in that show.
            So, yeah, I think that “temporary unemployment” is better than working in a place where you don’t have any chance to improve your position because your work is constantly underestimated. That’s if you think your work is worthy. And that was Matt’s story in that show in the last 3 years: they weren’t never able (or just didn’t want) to give him something better to do than being a tool to reboot Willicia’s machine or to fill Kalinda’s bed off-screen while they’re were busy casting a new love interest. There are hundreds of pilots shot every year, and I’m sure he’ll be able to find a new “job” soon or later and since I bet he was paid good enough for his “TGW” role I don’t think he’ll be starving in the meantime.

• Mel says:

How in the world is unemployment better than being on The Good Wife/having a job?!?! Crazy, honestly…

17. kenara says:

It looks like The Good Wife has fallen back into mediocrity. I thought every fifth episode has supposed to be a culmination of build up. The past few episodes have been weak and after the buildup to “Hitting The Fan”, I expected more fireworks with the 100th episode.

What a disappointment with this latest episode.

18. David P. Graf says:

Given the “embarrassment of riches” of the cast of “The Good Wife”, why don’t they do a Lockhart and Gardner spinoff? After all, there are all these different stories deserving to be told. In one case, you have a startup law firm and its struggles to survive. In the other, you have a successful law firm moving to grow and dominate on a national scale. Of course, you could have crossovers between the two but it is silly to think that the two firms would be butting heads every episode. It’s time to move on from Willicia just like it would happen in real life once she was no longer close to Will in terms of proximity. Plus, if Fox’s show tanks, then why not bring him back as a main character on either or both of shows? He’s a worthy adversary.

• Babygate says:

I don’t think these characters are not strong enough to carry their own show but if they do that, I’m in. I’ll watch Christine Baransky do anything. And the LG crew is pretty entertaining to watch. Except that old guy that sleeps with his pants off. He is absolutely creepy…

19. Roger says:

This was a great episode and in fact one of the best. I do think however the writers could develop some kind of good storyline for Cary. He seems to be just “there” lately without much to do. Are there any plans to develop a storyline for him?

• Pat says:

According to previous seasons, Kings’ interviews and Ausiello’s spoilers for that season….no, there aren’t any plans. He’ll keeps to be just there.

• Tenney says:

i would really love to see a good storyline for Cary. There’s never enough of him in these episodes. I don’t really care about Jackie and her decorating or Marilyn and the wrap around her belly music thingy. Give some lines to Cary instead of those two.

20. amc says:

There was nothing satisfying for me about this episode, it’s a soap opera going back and forth with the same bull. Melissa George’s character is a annoying as ants in your pants! Watching those ridiculous morning, noon and evening sicknesses was too much and now a musical baby pillow that she decides is a good idea to wear while at work and attending a Christmas party? Come on, give her some better material. Love Kalinda but why is she always the one being pimped out??? If she sleeps with everyone she comes in contact within minutes of meeting them I feel she will end up with multiple STD’s. Will? Well what can I say? The man is in mourning so why not hook him up with a forgetful annoying girltoy.

21. Ange says:

Eli’s reaction was priceless. I’m not going to read into it but enjoy the ride leading to whatever reveal there is.

22. Alicia&Will says:

Wow. Some of these comments amaze me. Did you all forget about Peter and his whores? Did you forget the story of Alicia growing and gaining confidence and independence from a cheating, lying husband all the while continuing to support him and therefore allowing him to fulfill his political ambition? She was separated when she had her relationship with Will. A relationship with a man who has been her friend since college, a support, loyal to her. She fell in love with him but still sacrificed her love and happiness for her children and has now potentially sacrificed her career to. Some of you people really need to watch the show a bit closer and stat understanding it better. Or better still don’t watch it and don’t darken our fandom with your twisted views.
    The Good Wife is the best conceived, written and acted show on TV.
    Oh and one more thing – Willicia FOREVER

• dmac says:

And spoken by a true fandom; melodramatic and astounded someone dares suggest that the Will and Alicia are nothing short of epic. Lets not forget the melding of the names “Willicia” seriously, how old are you? I swear to God fandoms will take any show and turn it into Twilight for adults and I wouldn’t be surprised if you have a team Will t-shirt in your closet.

• Alicia&Will says:

I think you’ll find that I wasn’t outraged by someone suggesting Alicia and Will are nothing short of epic as you put it but that Alicia should be called a whore and a slut and should be screened for an STI because she slept with 1 other man while seperated. Yes I love Will and Alicia together but I also love the show for it’s clever writing and many other characters. So perhaps you could get back in your box. Oh and if I do own a team Will tshirt – so what? (I actually don’t by the way)

• Euvee says:

Ha ha ha ha … Nice one.

23. lori says:

I think this might have been my favorite episode of the series – ok, maybe tied with “Hitting the Fan.” But I’m in awe at how fresh the show still is after 5 seasons. This one had it all. I was mesmerized by how it all unfolded, the flashbacks, the tension, surprises, the humor, it had it all.

24. kenara says:

I have to agree. Melissa George is annoying as hell. I can’t stand her whiny voice, playing innocent and shy, trying to con everyone she comes across. I think she’s trying to push Alicia out and that her ambiguous comments about her baby are designed to make Alicia jealous.

Remember, the series isn’t about Lockhart/Gardner but rather about “Alicia Florick” AKA “The Good Wife”. I think we’ll see Florrick/Agos engaged in a hostile takeover attempt trying to swallow up L/G because Will expanding and acquiring everything in sight will leave L/G vulnerable to a hostile takeover.

25. TL says:

Best show on network television. Hands. DOWN!

26. christine says:

Sorry, I love Marilyn

27. MS says:

Loved how the color of Alicia’s dress changed between the memory scenes of Will & Alicia. Alicia remembered it as red while Will thought it was blue..

28. Shiloh says:

To me, the Marilyn thing is humorous but not a real threat. Last night’s episode was phenomenal. The Kings are truly amazing writers and showrunners. Also, I never really shipped anyone on this show but this season has totally put me on team Will/Alicia. They are amazing together as actors and as characters.

29. sarah says:

oh please this show has run out of ideas
    peters is shagging around again and now knocked someone up
    and that’s ment to shock us
    i hope she isn’t because peter bores me to death i will never understand why that character is still on this tv show

30. TL says:

I love how everyone here just ASSUMES Peter is the father. You have NO IDEA. Sit back and just enjoy the ride. Jeez.

31. ggny says:

Calm down people it seemed like it was more of a joke to mess with Eli more then anything.

32. Amie says:

I am sick to death of pregnant Marilyn and every single thing that goes along with her and her pregnancy. I would say she was a shoe-in as TV’s most annoying character, except for the fact that Damian exists. I mean, seriously. How many crimes can this schmuck commit without anybody prosecuting him? WHEN is someone going to get a restraining order to keep him away from the place where he committed grand theft, fraud, criminal trespass and burglary? But no. He drives away at 100 mph without any cop honest enough to give him a ticket. Like others, I am tired of sex being the only thing Kalinda has to offer. That she used sex to get around yet another scheme of Damian’s where he committed a pile of felonies and nobody cared… Is infuriating. And bad writing. And how many cases can LG be at one table and FA at the other without someone suggesting that one or the other get different counsel because of the clear conflict of interest and personal war being fought that has nothing to do with the case at hand?

I didn’t find any of it sexy or interesting or anything I want to watch, and that has nothing to do with who I am or am not shipping. I’m not shipping anybody on this show except maybe Damian and Marilyn on a slow boat to Siberia together.

33. Alex Leo says:

Sometimes I think fans complain too much. Why does Kalinda not have a storyline? Cary? Diane?
    In my opinion having too many storylines can be a distraction. I am sure the writers have plans for these characters, but they just don’t want to cram a 45 minute show with too many subplots that will only confuse the viewers.
    I am also quite sure Peter is the father of Marilyn’s baby. It’s just too soapy and, if you watch this watch, you’ll know that one of the best things about this show is the writing.

34. Elle says:

it’s tremendous tv the Kings gave us!
    I most notably enjoyed the way David Lee is depicted : he’s a kind of “LG” ‘s kriptonite!
    Not the first time his actions tints “LG” and i see it as a good reminder for Will to think wisely where he wants to take LG from there – Alicia’s answers bringing in David Lee must have felt like a big slap in Will’s face – While I think Diane is about to reach her limits with Will’s doings

35. lila says:

its just speculation that peter is the father.. the writers are probably going to have some fun with it. besides it doesnt not make sense if peter is the father.. he has cheated before.

36. amanda says:

and fans dont like will’s new girlfriend? guess im not the only one!! shes annoying. both of them together are annoying. get someone else. i prefer that lawyer he dated before her. bring her back

37. BrianR says:

I think Marilyn’s a stalker who had herself inseminated and is delusional. But Eli’s reaction was so great I laughed for 5 minutes and had to watch it over again.

38. Ella says:

I really hope that Peter isn’t the father of Marilyn’s baby. It seems more to me like she’s a little crazy and possibly obsessed with him. That would make a more interesting storyline, and hopefully, bring Peter and Alicia closer together. I HATE Kalinda’s new love interest. Will we never properly get Cary/Kalinda???

• Lucy says:

“Will we never properly get Cary/Kalinda??”
      No, we won’t. She can date and have regular ON-SCREEN sex just with random female law enforcement agents or with hideous male characters. That’s Robert King’s mantra. That while Cary is leaving a monastic life with zero love interests written for him. For Robert King, until Kalinda’s able to have sex on screen with someone else, there’s n reason to give a damn about Cary and his pitiful love life or his feelings (he’s not Will, Diane or Kalinda so there’s no way they’ll never going to devote on single second to what Cary feels about anything).

39. barbara says:

nah peters not the daddy. he’s gotten somewhat more likeable but i still don’t think he fits with alicia. don’t like melissa didn’t like her on greys anatomy either. i like eli he really adds to the show. jason omara not bad liked him on closer and life on mars. will did such a great job with the flashbacks especially when crying he does love alicia . his new girlfriend not a keeper think its just frusteration on his part sleeping with her. would also like to see cary have a better storyline i like him with alicia. as far as alicia haters she is and always will be the goodwife she’s doing an excellent job especially this season. as far as kalinda i like her but her storyline downhill

40. Chegrz says:

Best episode ever…(another one!)

41. Word Money G says:

Jason O’Mara should get a spin-off. So much more fun on this show than he ever was with his American accent in play.

42. Esther says:

I don’t believe that Peter is the father….but I do think that Marilyn is crazy for Peter. When Alicia’s mother asked Marilyn the baby’s name….Did you see how Marilyn was looking at Peter? She was staring at Peter like she loved him or maybe wanted him. She never mentioned a husband…and they never talk about her personal life. I think the girl is crazy….Like fatal attraction. I don’t like her character…but I know that this will cause a lot of drama. I wish that Alicia and Will get back together…That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!! I love this show. :)

43. Nick says:

UGH I am so SO SICK OF WILL/ALICIA. “perfect chemistry”??? I actually find their scenes really lacking. I don’t even like Peter/Alicia that much, but their chemistry is a lot more compelling to watch. Can these writer’s stop riding Josh Charles d*** and give up pampering to Willicia fans. If not, I’m out.

44. The Will/Alicia Decision Tree scenes were the best thing on TV in many years. I’m surprised people aren’t more stunned by the sheer artistry of them. Vicious, emotional, bridge-burning, convention-breaking. The closest I can think of is Macbeth slowly destroying himself in his own mind.

45. anita fields says:

Peter is not the father of Marilyn baby. The idea that peter might be is pure genius. Keep up the good work my favorite show.