Ratings: CBS' Garth Brooks Special Dominates Friday, Grinch and Shrek Down, Nikita Flat

Ratings Grinch ShrekCBS’ Garth Brooks: Live from Las Vegas special led the Eye to an easy win on Friday night, besting all comers in both total audience (with 8.8 million total viewers) and in the coveted 18-49 demo (with a 1.8 rating).

Among Friday’s other holiday fare, ABC’s Grinch (5.9 mil/1.5) and Shrek the Halls (5.4 mil/1.5) were down sharply versus 2012 (when ABC aired them on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving), yet led their time slots in the demo.

Of the smattering of fresh scripted programming, NBC’s Grimm (5.7 mil/1.3) fell 19 percent in the demo, Dracula (2.8 mil/0.9) shed a few eyeballs while steady in the demo… Fox’s Raising Hope double pump this week averaged 1.7 mil/0.6, down some 25 percent… and The CW’s Nikita (885K/0.2) added a few viewers while flat in the demo.

1. leigh says:

I thought Garth was great! Hopefully people will watch online.

• Stormy says:

ITA An entire show with no band just a very talented man and his wife who need no autotune to showcase their voices. So glad that Garth is going on the road again now that the kids are grown. That was one of the best shows I’ve seen in quite a while.

• You can catch the show if you missed it via the CBS website , CBS.com , just select Shows , then Garth , its a nice easy streaming of the 2hr Vegas Act

2. tara17 says:

Wish there was more love for Raising Hope, loved last night’s episodes.

3. Cher says:

That Garth special was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen! Love love love!

4. wrstlgirl says:

I love Grimm but the stupid baby storyline sucks :-( I was surprised they aired a new episode last night, wonder if people didn’t realize it was on.

5. Donna Tarver says:

I love the Christmas shows, but it seems like they just play them too early now, and then they play them too many times. I missed the Garth special, but I will try and watch it.

6. Esaul says:

While the Garth special wasn’t what I expected, it was still quite enjoyable. I laughed a lot, never knew he has such a great sense of humor.

7. DavidSask says:

Damn! The final season of Nikita and still no one watches, this is shameful!!

8. Britta Unfiltered says:

You mean not everyone was watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas?? Are those people made of stone??

9. edlow says:

I didmt even know the grinch and shrek aired already!!! Yearly tradition and we missed it. Perhaps yad they aired them in december I would have known to be on the lookout for these Christmas classics

10. TV Gord says:

Full disclosure: Not a Garth fan. Full admission. Loved the show!

11. Midori4 says:

Dads and Mindy show move to Fridays and Raising Hope should go back to Tuesdays.