Memories From the Set: Grimm's Claire Coffee Recalls Gigs on West Wing, Psych, NCIS and More

Claire Coffee -- credit -- Roger SniderA recurring feature in which we ask your favorite stars to reminisce about past gigs

Claire Coffee‘s first small-screen gig was a loud and proud affair.

Proud, because she had nabbed a small part on HBO’s The Mind of the Married Man while she was still in college. And loud, because… well, we’ll let her tell it.

RELATEDGrimm‘s Sasha Roiz on Renard’s Big Baby Revelation

“I had, I think, all of three lines, and the director came over. He’s like, ‘Claire, you don’t have to talk so loud. We have a mic right there,’” she says, laughing. “I had come from stage and theater – I thought I had to talk loud!”

More than 20 TV roles later, the Grimm regular was happy to reminisce with TVLine — at a normal volume — about the non-Hexenbiest parts she’s played, including a Civil War Psycho and a General Hospital angel of medical mercy. Click through the gallery below for Coffee’s visual, annotated resume.

Comments (14)

• Wow, I knew I’d seen her before, but didn’t realize I saw her in so many places. I certainly do remember her appearance in The League however. :)

Comment by Erik Sternberger – November 30, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her as nurse Nadine on gh. Did anyone else notice how similar she looks to Kristen Bell in that CSI picture they could be twins

Comment by Ashbash – November 30, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha, I love how she is in the recurring theme of USA Network not allowing Psych to hire blond actresses because Maggie is blond! That was a great role!

Comment by Lyss – November 30, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its sad that American audiences are so stupid we can’t tell the difference between people. :/

Comment by liz – November 30, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was cool that she was in NCIS because I saw her on GH and really liked her there.

Comment by Jennifer – November 30, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED her as Nadine on General Hospital. She was so sweet and quirky and funny, she quickly became one of my favourites and I really loved her relationship with Nikolas. I was really bummed when they wrote her out but I’m glad her career is still doing great!

Comment by dude – November 30, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved it! I like how it shows support for the actors who do a lot of ‘smaller’ stuff before getting a recurring role on a show.

Comment by liz – November 30, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Claire Coffee! She was one of my favorites on Psych. Nadine was great on General Hospital (adored her with Spinelli) but sadly the soap wasted her, so I was thrilled to see her move on to Franklin & Bash, Grimm, etc. It’s always fun to see her pop up on a new show so I can point and squeal, “OMG It’s Claire Coffee!”

Comment by Garnet74 – November 30, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych fan here!! She was awesome!! But that girl was the best on GH!! Nadine brought life to a dull Nick. I can’t believe they wrote her off but so glad she is on Grimm!! She deserves so much success! Also love those Hallmark movies she did too! She’s just fantastic!

Comment by Sara – November 30, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to hear some comments on her roles/sets.Always wonder what actors are thinking in weird scenes.

Comment by Shaun – November 30, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when
    i read this popst i thought i could also create comment due to this brillant piece oof writing.

Comment by long legs walking – December 1, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • May I also compliment Claire on her amazing German pronunciation in last week’s episode of ‘Grimm’ – much better than many of the other actors on the show who need to speak a few German phrases here or there. In fact, her German was much better than the one of the alleged German/Austrian gynecologist who supposedly was to portray a native speaker, hahaha. I’m German, in case you wonder ;)

Comment by Connie – December 1, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love Claire Coffee. Love her In GH, Franklin and Bash, West wing. She is doing an awesome job on Grimm as Adalind.

Comment by TINA – December 1, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually used to be a entertainment account it.
    Glance complicated to far introduced agreeable from you!
    However, how can we keep in touch?

Comment by web page – January 5, 2014 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post