TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Scandal, Good Wife, Arrow, Originals, Veronica Mars and More!

Get More: Commentary, Lists

TVLine asked you, our loyal readers, to tell us what you’re grateful for this TV season, and you were quick to give thanks for your favorites: Arrow‘s bold second season, damsels not in distress, a pair of Scandal-ous flames and much more!

PHOTOS | What TVLine Is Thankful For This TV Season

From deliciously good villains to a P.I. from Neptune to the comedies filling the Happy Endings void, we’ve compiled your picks into a slideshow, complete with your jubilant prose. Take a look below to see what made the cut and then come celebrate with us in the comments.

Comments (50)

• I’m thankful for TVLine. This is my go-to pleasure all day long.

Comment by CourtTV – November 28, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha! Yes!!! This is what I am thankful for too! Not sure what I would distract myself with at work all day if there wasn’t this site ;)

Comment by jami1331 – November 28, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, and Stephen Amell :)

Comment by jami1331 – November 28, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And his beautiful Abs.

Comment by DarkDefender – November 28, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And considering that there are at least a half dozen nicer things on Amell than his abs…. that’s saying something.

Comment by Temperance – November 29, 2013 08:49 PM PDT
    • I agree with this! I don’t know what I would do without TVLine to read at my down moments at work.

Comment by Tinemi – November 28, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hear, hear! Such a great place to go to learn more about my favorite TV shows-and I love being able to find other fans here to chat with about those shows!

Comment by Angela – November 28, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. My employer hates you though!

Comment by Georgia Madman – November 28, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed; best place to go ♡♥

Comment by guest – November 28, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t understand the love for Robbie Kay, his overacting really grates on me. Agree with everything else though and I too am thankful for TvLine, it’s an incredible site!

Comment by JoeTV – November 28, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everybody has their own opinion, but you’re missing out on Robbie Kay.

Comment by Radha – November 28, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was actually quite subtle and engaging in all other things he has done when he was younger. Maybe its a Once upon a time thing, the direction, the writing, etc. Its not an ordinary role too potraying a 50yr. old stuck in a young boy’s body for hundreds of years. I love his performance though.

Comment by marc – November 29, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JR committing assisted suicide was not a proper goodbye, it was a joke.

Comment by Norma – November 28, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hello ma’am! I’m actually the one that submitted that, and my reasoning was thus: JR Ewing was not a man to let anything, even a disease, make a decision for him. He always did everything in life on his own terms, propriety be damned, and he surely wasn’t going to let a disease change that. JR Ewing died on his OWN terms, not the disease’s terms, which is how he lived his life, and managed to get a final insult to his longtime enemy in at the same time. That, for me anyways, makes his exit a proper exit for the character.

Not trying to change your mind, because I know that won’t happen, but just sharing my reasoning for why I submitted the way I did. Have a good day!

Comment by Analee Harriman – November 28, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know old spoilers are fair game, but I have not seen the second season of Dallas, and I was still looking forward to watching the mystery of who killed JR play out. I was not expecting to lose my reason for watching it in this article after all this time.

Comment by Maryann – November 29, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • couldn’t agree more about Spader..he’s absolutely perfect for his role as Red. .plus he has such a magnetism that makes him suuuper attractive. .girls on tumblr are falling all over themselves over him..myself included!

Comment by bonesfan – November 28, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for REVENGE having an amazing season, Veronica Mars, Witches scaring up our television screens, and so much more! But especially these.

Comment by iMember – November 28, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for Agents of Shield’s Fitz and Simmons, 2 characters and actors that are saving an otherwise subpar show. They are enough to keep me coming back every week.

Comment by Benn – November 28, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful that two of my all-time favorites, James Spader (The Blacklist) and Robin Williams (The Crazy Ones), go to work every day in front of the camera and I get to enjoy the fruits of their labor every week. I am also thankful for the AWESOME Sleepy Hollow. I know I should be content with what I have, but I can’t help but want more, more, more!

Comment by TobyG. – November 28, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll always be thankful for the best character on television, Rebekah Mikaelson from The Originals.

Comment by dude – November 28, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for the trainwreck that The Originals was meant to be (but was not), and truly making it an A+ show.

Comment by Me – November 28, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful for my two dvrs that allow me to not miss a minute of all the great tv that is out there!

Comment by GeoDiva – November 28, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for my Blacklist , Sleepy Hollow and Revolution!

Comment by Stacie – November 28, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for the terrific season which “Person of Interest” has given us. Yes, Carter’s death was extremely sad, but absolutely in line with the realities of life as a cop. We have enjoyed every moment of this season, and for all of you Root and Shaw haters, lighten up! They both bring something interesting to the mix.

Comment by Gwen – November 28, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thankful for a great year of TV and great new shows like The Blacklist, The Crazy Ones, Agents Of Shield, Trophy Wife, and The Tomorrow People.

Comment by Joey – November 28, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan talks smart? Hmm okay lol great show though

Comment by Pat – November 28, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You dont think he does? What would you call it (out of curiosity)? I think Raylan may sound simple at first listen, but the message and actions of his words…. Those are smart as hell. Plus he’s funny. To each their own though!

Comment by Francine – November 29, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful for Revenge, OUAT, Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Nashville, Castle, The Blacklist, and North Woods Law (Animal Planet)!

Comment by Matt – November 28, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for a surge in feminist and post-feminist programming. From Orange is the New Black, to Masters of Sex, to the dearly departed Bunheads, being a feminist is no longer a “dirty” word and more people are getting behind gender equality.

That’s pretty freakin’ awesome.

Comment by Sam – November 28, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely. No argument there :D.

Comment by Angela – November 28, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely! And a big shout-out to American Horror Story: Coven for giving us the Unholy Trinity of Lange, Bassett, and Bates—–Fierce Femmes one and All!!

Comment by Wendy Testaburger – November 28, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BANSHEE

Comment by Gooner23 – November 28, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As far as things on TV to be thankful for – I have to agree with the submissions re The Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow. Those two shows have been BRINGING IT each week for me. I also really have been pleasantly surprised by Witches of East End and look forward to it each week. I know no one mentioned Agents of SHIELD but that show has been slowly growing on me so I hope it continues to get better.

Comment by charlotte – November 28, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well.

Comment by Joey – November 28, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful that my favourite sitcom, The Office, got the best series finale any comedy ever has. I love you, and miss you, The Office :) <3

Comment by Liz – November 28, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thankful for so much including Reign, Revenge, Nashville, TVD and James Spader on The Blacklist.

Also thankful for General Hospital’s strong ratings. So glad this daytime drama has had a resurgence!

Comment by Tracy – November 28, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, we don´t have Thanksgiving over here, but… I will join the thanking. I´m thankful for TVline that sweetens my university lectures (and in relation I have to thank mobile internet). And I´m even more thankful for this great season! Can´t remember a television year that brought me so much joy.

Comment by Viv – November 28, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful for Jeremy Carver taking over Supernatural and returning to us the show and brotherly relationship we have loved and missed since season 4 Its great to have it back and better than ever!

Comment by Cheryl – November 28, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful for everyone responsible for Sherlock. Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman etc. Thank You for providing a great television experience.

Comment by enuff said – November 28, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful for Person of Interest the most compelling drama on television. They are not afraid to shake things up to the core. The recent trilogy with Carter’s death was spot on acting.

Comment by Paul J. Reedy – November 28, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood….. :D

Comment by Kim R – November 28, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m always thankful for Jack Coleman being awesome in every show he’s in.

Comment by dref22 (@dref22) – November 28, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not thankful for the fact that Grey’s Anatomy is progressively getting worse. I know, I am a total and utter spoilsport. But I am thankful for TVLine. My boss would hate me so much less if it didn’t exist.

Comment by Dexter – November 28, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for Sleepy Hollow and Scandal. I can’t stand POI

Comment by gem – November 28, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im thankful for fringe, it was an amazing journey to the last second ♡ also the writers of ncis la for making my shipper dreams come true..

Comment by guest – November 28, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barnie and Robin are someone’s favorite couple ever? I get it’s a matter of taste but come on… they’re not even the best couple on the show!

Comment by Jermey – November 29, 2013 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Witches of East End, Sleepy Hollow, The Originals, Supernatural, Arrow, AHS: Coven, The Vampire Diaries, The Crazy Ones, Scandal and Bones!

Comment by b – November 29, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and The Blacklist! James Spader, swoon! <3

Comment by b – November 29, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow the kid who plays peter pan is really good and the best character on once upon a time. its going to be sad to see him go from the show.

Comment by harry – November 29, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thankful for the HUGE list of fantastic tv dramas on the schedule in recent years. I am a big fan of fantasy, sci-fi and the continuing story lines that are in the background of all tv dramas now. Back in the eighties, I basically stopped watching tv. Almost no sci-fi or fantasy was on, and basically every show was stand alone, with no character development allowed over the course of a season, and the events in one episode were never allowed to affect future episodes. You could shuffle them like a pack of cards and no one could tell a difference. Now I’m a happy camper; if I had the time, I would watch 25 or more hours of tv a week.

Comment by Maryann – November 29, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post