The X Factor Top 8 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Acts Go Home This Week?

THE X FACTOR Josh Levi Rion PageWelcome to a special Thanksgiving edition of The X Factor!

We hope you’re not too stuffed on turkey and potatoes, because have we got a sweet treat for you: A brutal sing-for-survival showdown between a plucky 13-year-old girl and a wide-eyed 15-year-old boy. The loser’s tears will be whipped into a delectable meringue and spread atop his or her crushed dreams and melted aspirations. Mmm…yummy!

PHOTOS | TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Scandal, Good Wife, Arrow, Originals, Veronica Mars and More!

I kid, I kid! Losers don’t get any pie. Hey, I don’t make the rules — Simon Cowell does.

In other news tonight, Demi Lovato performed her new single “Neon Lights,” but mostly sounded like a young female Wookiee with its foot caught in a bear trap. The look on the X Factor‘s mentor face as she ended the number indicated her own displeasure with the vocal — or maybe she was just miffed at the fact that her turquoise hair was standing on end as if she’d just finished rubbing a balloon against her head. How the heck did this happen?

PHOTOS | What TVLine Is Thankful For This TV Season

Best of all, we got definitive proof of the following theory about Paulina Rubio that I proposed in my Wednesday-night recap — that the totally inept panelist may or may not actually know the names of her two remaining acts unless they’re written on the back of her AmEx bill. Surprise! She doesn’t! (But more on that in a moment.)

Anyhow, in the spirit of the season, let me stop being a Snarky McBeastypants and get right to the results.

First Act to Go Home (aka the Week’s Lowest Vote-Getter)
Lillie McCloud (because apparently America still doesn’t like seeing contestants, even fiftysomething contestants, sass Simon)

And then it was time for us to collectively realize Restless Road will be in this thing to the bitter end — no matter how badly they mangle their harmonies/as long as they keep painting on their Wranglers.

Sent to Safety (“IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!”)
Carlito Olivero
Ellona Santiago
Alex & Sierra (OK, I’ll still watch next week)
Restless Road (¡ay dios mio!)
Jeff Gutt

Singing for Survival
Rion Paige: Pink’s “Perfect” — Grade: C- | Oh yikes. That was less than, less than perfect. Obviously emotions percolated up through Rion’s voice — I thought she might burst into tears on the word “mistreated” — but taking her youthful charm out of the equation, that was kind of a mess.
Josh Levi: Bruno Mars’ “When I Was Your Man” — Grade: B+ | Josh looked a little panicked by his Bottom 2 predicament, too, but definitely hit the bulk of his notes, despite pulling punches on a couple of ad-libs.

Let’s be honest here, too. Josh deserves additional bonus points for having to endure the following introduction from his mentor PowPow Rubio: “I’m gonna present the only one: The suave, the lover, the rico…the Carlito Olivero!”

Why somebody in the production booth didn’t cue the sound of the needle across the record is beyond my comprehension. Instead, all we got was Mario excusing it by noting, “Paulina made an innocent mistake.” Maybe next week she’ll accidentally mentor the Over 25s. Pow!

Voting Breakdown
Demi: Votes to send home Josh
Paulina: Votes to send home Rion
Kelly: Votes to send home Rion
Simon: Votes to send home Josh

What did it all mean? DEADLOCK! The decision went back to the public, and the act with the lowest number of votes turned out to be…

Eliminated
Josh Levi

Absurd! Josh gave one of the tightest, most charismatic performances this week — and one of the most inventive last Wednesday. Rion should’ve been taking the bus back home — or even better, Restless Road. That’s my take anyway…

What did you think of X Factor Top 8 results? Sound off down in the comments! And for all my reality TV recaps, news, exclusives and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (254)

• Cant believe Josh went after last nights performance.
    He’s the one I look forward to every week along with Alex & Sierra and Ellona.

Comment by Damn – November 28, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      people who say demi has no talent think again. most of her older songs here have over 100 million views. the official video of neon l— will be no different.
      most of the people posting are not posting about talent but hate.
      all of the remaining are talented. in the real music world RION will outsell them all. alex and sierra will be big hits also. rr will fall by the wayside along with ellona and carlitta. gutt is terrible and should have left weeks ago. lillie was good but not marketable

Comment by Donald Tyree – December 1, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No Donald!
        From what I’ve read, most people are talking about talent and hate the fact that talent is not winning out. The posts are about fairness. I love Rion, but not sure how you come to the conclusions that Rion would outsell everyone, alex and sierra are big hits and that Lillie was not marketable. What are these opinions based on?

Comment by Angry Tim – December 3, 2013 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate to pull the race card. BUT! In my opinion, racism has reared its ugly head… again! To date, no one has surpassed Lillie’s performance of Alabaster Box, but she faced elimination every week. Can’t believe the voters are so stupid as to send this angelic voice home… Disgusting! Then top it off with the Josh debacle! He out-sang Rion this and last week, but, some how, got voted off. Simon punked out by not voting correctly. I love Rion, but she got beat the last 2 weeks. On the other hand, the voters screwed up by putting Rion, Lillie and Josh in the bottom 3. These 3 outperformed the boy band and the couple duet this week and every other week before. Some how, these 2 groups keep getting free passes from the voters. As much as African-Americans have contributed to music, it is excruciatingly ironic that there are none left in the competition. I’m not the only one who feels that a travesty has occurred. Sick of racism; sick of this show. My daughter and I will probably stop watching!

Comment by Angry Tim – December 3, 2013 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not so sure that is the reason. I think it’s more age and the way reality voters tend to be very vindictive against anyone who talks back to a judge even a little no matter how warranted, voters on these shows tend to be pretty judgemental and jealous IMO and some worship the judges.
        Anyway, yeah it seemed wrong to me that Lillie got sent home last night (and Josh for that matter), but it also seemed pretty absurd when Rachel (and Sweet Suspense who definitely were better than Restless Road and yet got sent home weeks earlier) got sent home the first week and so on. Do keep in mind that African Americans have won these reality singing shows a larger percentage of the time than their percentage in the US population. Granted the numbers are too small to really say much about and the talent pools are not a random draw so again it makes it hard to say much, but African Americans have won a higher percentage of the time than their percentage of the population. And the nature of these shows seems to be that the most impressive singers often get sent home early and very often do not win or even make the finale, regardless of race.
        That said, is there some racism component? Maybe, maybe not, looking at the percentages there is nothing to scream about if you are African-American, although as I said it’s hard to say due to small numbers and non-randomly sampled pools, so who knows for sure.
        It could very well be that R&B is not the most favored genre of the demographic that watches these shows the most though. I have to admit it’s not really my favorite style. It seems like singing country or at least singing in a very country friendly style helps (and I agree that Tate seemed like a pretty middle of the pack contestant last season and yet he zoomed to the win). I can’t say pure country is my favorite style either, in fact, it’s even much farther than R&B for me. The last winner of A.I. was an R&B type singer who was African American though.
        Anyway if you are not happy with how the voting has been going, join the boat. I’m not sure I’ve read a comment from anyone of any race on any site where someone has said that they have been happy about how the voting has been going. I do see many saying they are thinking of stopping watching because of the voting. Pretty much everyone here seems to be bitching about the results every single week.

Comment by HTGR – December 3, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree with what you said. It was a pity vote by far for Rion (who had a horrible performance) compared to Josh’s unbelievable version of Bruno Mar’s “When I Was Your Man”. In my opinion it was better than Bruno’s version. Simon is a wuss and left it to the audience. So you’re publically admitting to all of us that you really are the dumbass we all predicted you were. How can a young man deliver and in your words “I look forward to your act every week” yet your groups (not speaking ill of Ill Divo – but you got some weird thing going on with groups. This boy going to be a legend and a mega star. I would bet everything I own on it. I’m a white man and love his voice. Refreshing to hear such beauty come from a 15 year old. The disability card was played as well and as one who is an advocate for people with disabilities the last thing a “disabled” person wants is the “awwww factor”. Brain dead judges and Demi – how many songs have I bought of yours for real? ZERO. How many of Josh’s – all of them. It’s rigged. Funny when Josh was blistering the stage with his beautiful vocals week after week – and then that stupid Paulina (another woman whom has never got a dime from me and never will) messed his name up – it’s NOT JOSH LEVEE (that is something you see in Louisiana) and then introducing him as Carlito. EPIC FAIL. Josh out sang the ones who are supposed to be stars. Music comes from the heart. He sang from the heart. Sorry but I quit watching the X factor and the ONLY reason I watched it was because I was told of this young man’s voice. Being a musician myself and playing with big names – I wouldn’t follow him on stage and I’m fifty years old. Josh kicked ass. Unbelievable.

Comment by Jeffrey Prater – December 5, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • sorry you feel that way I know it is getting harder they all are very talented but you have to look at the big picture society has had a lot of female winners and Caucasian ones as well but we have not had a young handsome English and Spanish singer in a long time and that is what Simon was
          getting at….A lot of people can sing fantastic but its time for a change…if you can refresh my memory on how many young good looking and great dancer and sings in both languages fantastic….

Comment by Marif – December 5, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry dude, but you can put the race card back in your pocket. This show is called the X Factor. Meaning, you can’t expect to just be a great singer and win. It won’t happen. Having the “X” Factor means the person has it all. The looks, the personality, the confidence, the charisma, likability, charm, and most importantly, MARKETABILITY. Lily was old, not exactly good looking, and definitely not marketable. If this was the Motown era she would be the winner, but it’s not. Her time has passed, which is why I think there should be age limits on this show. If it was strictly a singing competition, I don’t think the limits would be needed, but let’s be honest….anyone past 45 has almost no chance of winning. Even 45 is pushing it. —-As for Josh. Something just strikes me as “off” with him. His performances seem to be forced and he seems to lack real confidence. His market and target audience is also currently saturated. Some songs he sounded great and others sounded like he was singing in a karaoke contest. Please, enough with the “racism” b.s. They simply didn’t have the “X Factor.”

Comment by Dan – December 6, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whatever Dan, I am entitled to my opinion, as you are yours. BTW, many people hold my opinion. I, with many others, choose not to watch any more. I think you miss our points anyway. Our points were that lesser performers were not voted off. The best acts did not win. Many don’t believe that the boy band and the couple who sings have more of the X Factor, but they keep sliding through.

Comment by Angry Tim – December 6, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Lol. Then don’t watch. I’m not the producer. I could care less. I never said you weren’t entitled to your opinion, but throwing the race card out there with no proof, and especially when this has nothing to do with race, is b.s. They both made it pretty far into the competition, didn’t they???? People of all races were sent home before them, right??? It’s getting down to crunch time. People have to go. It is what it is. But it’s not “racism.” Rion was only kept this long because people liked her and felt sorry for her disability. Not because she was white, and Carlito should’ve been gone a long time ago, but he has the “this is my one shot” line.

Comment by Dan – December 7, 2013 04:39 AM PDT
          • Dan, I know we don’t have proof that racism was a part of Josh and Lilly being voted off. That is why I said, “in my opinion.” So that opinion which is shared by many is not b.s., as you call it. I don’t care any more either because I’m not watching anymore. As for Rion lasting so long, no one said she lasted this long because she was white. She lasted this long because she was good.

As for Carlito, I thought he was good, but he’s gone now, LOL! Surprised to see Elona go.

Comment by Angry Tim – December 7, 2013 01:13 PM PDT
          • I still think that it was most likely other factors and not racism that did Lillie in. I think it was mostly ageism with a dob of backlash against her daring to talk back to Simon (it doesn’t matter how right she may have been (or anyone else may be) to stand up for herself, there is a sizable element of voters that appear to treat the judges as gods and a sizable chunk that appear to be very jealous of the contestants and therefore can’t stand to hear them ‘complain’ about anything, regardless of how warranted it may be. They should be good little thankful contestants regardless of how the production or judges might treat them. Everyone hates the whistleblower and/or complainer, doesn’t matter how valid their points may be.).
            I agree that going by her vocals it was a joke that she got sent straight home that week. I don’t think it was racism though and some lily white contestants also got sent home way earlier and it seemed just as ridiculous in those cases as well. Perhaps there is some racism in the voting, that said, have won on these shows a higher percentage of the time than they make up of the US population.

Comment by HTGR – December 7, 2013 03:41 PM PDT
        • What the hell is the X factor? Something Simon dreamed in bed? Josh has the triple threat. I mean he did write songs (fact for Disney) – he did already perform on a T.V. series (fact) – that something you don’t like is SUBJECTIVE. I agree to disagree with you on that. Doesn’t have the X Factor. Who the hell cares about the “X factor” when he already cutting a new album. As I said before and I’ll say it again – he already going to be huge. Xfactor just gave him more publicity. The whole thing is rigged and here you are saying he has the Xfactor. You cracking me up.

Comment by Jeffrey – December 13, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am totally in agreement with you!!! I HAVE stopped watching the show!! I know the judges have No say because it’s up to the viewers.. However we must answer one question did we VOTE!!

Comment by Ronda – December 7, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Omg. Really. All bloggers have put alex and sierra on top.plus theeir single is #1 on itunes. Dint startthe race card. First yr a black girl won.it was two black one half blaxk and a wgwg in finals. Sierra is half Vietnamese. Lilly is 55.think maybe thats why. The 3 who remain allhit top of iTunes. Except carlito who should have gone home with rion. Elona should have stayed. People are allowed to have favs. We love a love story,plus talent. A and S are extremely talented. Restless road has the country vote. Jeff has the rockers.where are the r&b ers? America has put more black people through on all these programs. By percentage blacks are more likely to win. So what ur saying isa black must win every time or we are racist? How abt thefact that blacks voted for Obama only because hez black. That’s racist.

Comment by Linda – December 7, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree! Lillie or Elona should have won. I think people are still sore over the fact she was already a number 1 artist. They couldn’t let that go. And in my opinion, the only reason Carlito is still here is because he got Paulina as a mentor. Any of the other three mentors and he would have gone home in the four chair challenge.

Comment by Kurama Arctica – December 12, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jeff Gutt is the winner WOW can that guy sing and he derserves to be the WINNER!!!
      NO IF”S AND”S OR BUTT”S HE”S THE WINNER!!!!!!!!

Comment by Marlene – December 11, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, why didn’t Simon save Josh?? He had the chance!!

Comment by Kristi – November 28, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Simon Cowell has become completely transparent and lost all credibility since beginning the X Factor…what a pity. The judges on this show have made the “X” stand for “Excruciating” !

Comment by The Beach – November 28, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Simon is always preaching about advancing the artists who have the greatest potential for a career in music entertainment but he certainly didn’t practice what he has been preaching. Rion is a good singer and has overcome some great challenges with dignity and grace; the last thing she would want is the pity vote and yet I think that is exactly what Simon did by choosing to send Josh home. Based on the sing-off performance alone, Josh was far better and he should have been judged fairly and been put through by Simon. Kelly had the guts to make the right decision and Simon wimped out and deserves to lose viewers.

Comment by Ron – November 30, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its his style, he made similar crap decisions on the UK XF. He had extraordinary luck with 1D, who were pretty useless on the UK XF using backing singers to produce a reasonably musical noise, and thinks he can repeat that with his US XF groups.

Comment by ejones – November 28, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finally someone else who really didn’t care for 1D on their X-Factor run! The only one I liked was Liam and that’s because he actually had a great solo audition.

Comment by will – November 29, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First off, why was Josh even in the position to need saving? He was one of the better performers on the show – how was he not getting votes to keep him out of the bottom?

When Simon sent it to deadlock, I was thinking that he must know the results and that Rion would be going and he then wouldn’t have to be the meanie that sends home the 13 year old with a physical disability on Thanksgiving and instead let America do the dirty work. I thought surely he liked Josh – enough to bring him back after Paulina dismissed him in the 16 down to 12 cuts. And based on yesterday’s performances and tonight’s sing-off (as well as the season as a whole) Josh has been the better singer and overall performer of the two and has greater potential in the real world to make something of himself in music. It just makes no sense why Simon would foolishly send it to deadlock for the sake of it, because suddenly he has no opinion? Has the whole baby thing clouded his judgment so much he can’t even hear well anymore and doesn’t know how to do his job correctly? It’s just beyond comprehension why he chose to send it to deadlock instead of sending Rion home (Side note: doesn’t he want to strengthen his country boys vote chances? Wouldn’t it then help to get rid of the one other country act left?).

Comment by Tess – November 28, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nah, Simon wanted to get rid of an act capable of outshining RR. Josh would probably give them more of a run. He knows Rion’s doomed but she might get more votes than some others and keep RR out of the very bottom while sending better acts home.

Comment by S. – November 28, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Restless Road and RIon should have gone home. Lillie and Josh should have stayed. I am very disappointed with the X Factor.

Comment by Margarita Freund – December 1, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I myself thought that Rion Paige did a fantastic job with that song, I dont know why Rion and Josh were on the bottom two, Carlito and thee others should have gone home the two that were on the bottom did not belong, I was amazed two see josh and Rion theese were two really the best performers i saw on thee x-factor, they were amazing.

Comment by Liz – November 30, 2013 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pre-knocking up his married girlfriend, Simon would’ve sent Rion home. He’s changed and not for the better.

Comment by Nedsdag – November 28, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly what a sham keeping Rion on. That Josh kid was a budding little MJ

Comment by L lennox – November 30, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because he didn’t want to eliminate a handicapped person.

Comment by sachet – November 29, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Come on , it was obvious before the four judges started to make their selections that it wouild go to America’s vote. You know each mentor would vote for their own pupil. Then Kelly would make a choice , it really wouldn’t matter whom she selected as the vote would be 2-1 any way she chose. Simon would not want to be known as the judge that sent a kid home so after he groomed his eyeball sockets with the lint picker microphone it was obvious to me who he was going to pick to send the vote to America. So it’s YOUR fault he got kicked out .

Comment by knowswhatsgoingn – November 29, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am totally ticked off. Simon could have (SHOULD have!) saved Josh Levi, CLEARLY the better singer (better than almost everyone on this show, certainly the only one I never fast-forwarded through) but didn’t have the guts to do it – or maybe he was hoping Josh would go home and make it easier for one of his acts to win. I’m not sure I can watch anymore. Lillie McCloud and Josh Levi gone on the same night? Crazy!

Comment by JVee – November 29, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH. MY. GOSH. This show is a horror.

At Thanksgiving? The 2 out of 3 acts that I was kind of hoping will make it to the grand finale went home. Really, America? Or should I say the terrible voters of America? Really, Simon? Doing the ‘playing safe’ card? How come? How come!!! How come the consistent R&B vocalists Lilie McCloud and Josh Levi went home? Josh Levi who is somewhat a risk taker getting eliminated over the bland band called Restless Road. Gosh. ‘Restless’ should be the one go ‘rest in peace’ in this show. I guess I have to endure the pain that they are going to still survive for at least 2 more freaking weeks and go to the Emblem3 route. Rion Paige? Why Simon you didn’t pick her to go home? Is it because of ‘people will gonna hate me if I send her home since she’s physically challenged’ card? How come the 2 country acts are still there?

This show is crap. And I feel crap too because I still watch this show as well and I’m still continuing to watch it because of Alex & Sierra and Kelly Rowland. This is so not nice. I’m so feeling bad.

So weird I’m still wondering why these kinds of things happen. It’s X Factor. Horrible things happen at X Factor.

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh before I forgot, Paulina is the most horrible ever.

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Okay, sure. But who hired her? Simon? Was Paulina interviewed before she was hired? The people in the hiring department for X Factor are the real incompetents because Paulina has short-term memory issues and gets confused easily. Five minutes with her and you know all of this. Who would willingly hire someone like that for a weekly live tv show? My theory is Simon knew she would be a train wreck, but Simon likes absurd characters and thinks they are entertaining.

Comment by MC – November 28, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Simon thinks he looks better if he hires women that are disliked by the public. Last night was horrible, while Rion Paige has the sympathy of the audience due to her appearance and hardship, Josh pulled off the Bruno Mars song to a tea…his rendition of When I was your Man was superb…if Simon had taken a stand, instead of copping out, Rion would have gone home and Josh would still be in the finals…that is the way it should have been.

Comment by Janet Stone – November 29, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Rion doesn’t have the sympathy of the audience you nut case! She has a pretty voice! As for Josh, that young man did a awesome job last night. I don’t feel like either one of these acts should have been at the bottom, to have to have a sing off. That’s why I think this whole thing is rigged. RR, A&S, and Ellona as the top acts…..???? Please!

Comment by dm – November 29, 2013 07:54 AM PDT
        • X factor discrimination. Just like abc,cbs,and nbc. What else is new.

Comment by Snowballpudi – November 29, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I can think of when they sing is, “Oh, those poor notes!”

Comment by Dan (Haleyloony) – November 28, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well for me, all I can think of when they sing is, “what’s inside in there pants!” LOL LOL LOL

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everyone just needs to shut up, Rion deserves to be on X-Factor she is not there because of her medical problems she us there because of her talent. She is strong-willed, talent, and beautiful

Comment by Mikaela – November 28, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Simon know exact what he was doing when he sent it into deadlock. He knew Josh was the better singer, but he didn’t want to break Rion’s heart. Not saying that she can’t sing, but josh is better. Simon didn’t want to be know as the bad guy and he let the public decide. It doesn’t matter though cause Rion is going home, there is no doubt about that.

Comment by Marco – November 29, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Definetely!

Comment by L lennox – November 30, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t agree with you more. I love that girl and the courage it takes to get up in front of all those people and the cameras to sing for millions of people watching but then add her disability. No one else up there holds a candle to her heart. But people it’s a show and it’s scripted they do what’s going to get the most shock value and here we are all talking about it today. So, it worked didn’t it.

Comment by jena johnson – November 29, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If anyone on the show were there or voted on based on talent, we wouldn’t have had the season we’ve had so far. And Rion would have been dropped in the chair round, if not before.

Comment by will – November 29, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Simon is a pathetic ASS! Lillie McCloud is the best vocalist I’ve heard in years and I have to at least thank XF for introducing her to us. I’m sad to see her go and won’t be watching the show any longer. RR should be named TRAINWRECK. Really, I;m not being a bad sport but these guys can’t sing. They butchered Fix You!!!! Time to watch the news from now on. These shows are a JOKE!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • After Lillie McCloud exiting the show…..there is no other reason to watch! Yes of course race played a part but Lillie should have been removed from the competition after her first audition because she was in the group of stars such as: Pattie, Whitney, Mariah,Anita,Toni, and the list goes on. Lillie should have been offered a record deal the moment she opened he mouth! Poor Josh was the best after Lillie….come on who else can sing and dance the way he does???? Wow, of course I am not watching another show. Poor Kelly, I really know how you feel after these two African Americans were cheated. Sad but America is known for unfairness. As for Simon what more can we expect from a man who took his bestfriends girl?….so low and unholy. Goodbye Xfactor.

Comment by michele blunt – December 4, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, the race card? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwn. Is it so hard to accept that maybe, just maybe, they didn’t make it because the other acts were better or had the “X” Factor?? Lily is older than Jesus’ sandals. She isn’t marketable. Josh is young, lacks confidence, and his market is saturated. You do realize that white people have and are being voted off too, right? You do realize that Kelly is black, Simon dated a black girl, and Demi/Paulina are of Mestizo (minority) heritage and continuously voted to keep Josh and Lily, right? My god, enough with the race card!! The only racist is you.

Comment by Dan – December 6, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Voice is far superior.. Simon has lost his mind.

Comment by L lennox – November 30, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad josh is gone!!!!!! only one I like left is Alex & Sierra. I wish they had a second chance vote, to bring someone back that was voted off.

Comment by D – November 28, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re absolutely mad. Typical American who doesn’t know what music is all about. Figures. As the late Rodney Dangerfield says on his tombstone “There Goes The Neighborhood.”

Comment by Jeffrey – December 13, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly am no longer surprised by the horrible decisions made by the voters constantly. My top 5 from the top 12 have all gone home except for Alex and Sierra.

Comment by Dan (Haleyloony) – November 28, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really, those two and sometimes Ellona and Carlito and Jeff Gutt are the only ones I can say I like. The other two are just bad, and the three I just mentionednare often only mediocre. The only reason I watch, other than Alex and Sierra, is my addiction to reality singing shows.

Comment by Dan (Haleyloony) – November 28, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Paulina Rubio is the worst thing to happen to my TV since the Kardashians.

Comment by Dan (Haleyloony) – November 28, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It sounds like Paulina and Simon had bad nights. Simon at least should know better. I’m not expecting much from Paulina. Thank goodness I was watching football. It was a much more enjoyable experience.

Comment by MC – November 28, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but pardon my language.
    Is Simon some sort of dumbass? He has to be? He has to be a complete and utter dumbass. Rion deserved to be sent packing immediately.

Comment by Kaba – November 28, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Simon’s problem is all he cares about is money. All of his decision have been made based off money.
      He created the X Factor franchise for money.
      He quit American Idol and took X Factor here for money.
      He hired Britney Spears for money.
      He mentors his acts thinking of money.
      He pimped Emblem 3 for money.
      And he made Restless Road for money.
      It’s all about the money, not the talent.

Comment by Dan (Haleyloony) – November 28, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • as is every single show on T.V.

Comment by D – November 28, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • True, but at least they try to give quality entertainment. Simon doesn’t even bother.

Comment by Dan (Haleyloony) – November 28, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not the Voice. Or at least they aren’t doing it well.

Comment by GTS – November 28, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s all any producers see is money. I think the fact that his show sucks is more of a reflection of it being a good ole fashioned flop.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 28, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN to that! Simon could care less who wins. He called Lillie a Diva and said she had the X Factor Sweetheart then tore her down for the last 2 weeks! He’s just a poor pathetic excuse of a man. Maybe when he becomes a Daddy his other half will straighten him out! Fat chance..that relationship is doomed..I hope she takes him all the way to the bank! I’ve said too much!!!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Spot on. If you want to watch a singing competition where people care for talent watch the Voice and wait for American Idol. Ignore Simon Cowel’s production. Also, I’m sorry but Alex & Sierra are rubbish especially Alex, the weakest voices I’ve ever heard. Everyone comes and sings these days, I heard better on the streets.

Comment by Miras – November 30, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t watch the show, but I did see the singoff. I agree. Yeah, that girl was not good. Aside from the fact that her vocals are weak, it was just… weird, for lack of a better word. The kid who sang Bruno Mars was light years better than her.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 28, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why all the hate for Restless Road? I thought they kicked butt last night on Life is a Highway and if they keep it up like last night could win the whole thing. The song last night rocked – seriously. I could actually see them be a popular country band with crossover potential. Josh should have made it to top 3 or top 4. Not surprised Lili went home, Rion should have went home or Alex and Sierra (they are probably the worst of who is left).

Comment by Cyndi – November 28, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh gosh. Can someone do fix her ears? LOL

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously with so much hate to Restless Road, is there something wrong with my hearing? I thought they sounded really good last night so I am confused since everyone on this site thinks they should have went home.

Comment by Cyndi – November 28, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You may be listening with your eyes. They’re pretty, but they were drowned out by the band. And that’s because their voices are thin.

Comment by rio – November 28, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Except for the one in the middle. Very talented, but he gets swallowed up by his less-talented buds.

Comment by rio – November 28, 2013 07:20 PM PDT
          • The one in the middle is the Scotty clone right? We don’t need another one of those and if he were strong enough on his own, he would’ve stayed solo on the show. Listen to a whole song of it and it might not sound that great. He can handle a line or two and get the screaming but that’s it. There’s too much dead weight in that group. Simon wants a country group so bad. He knew not to waste his time on Sister C because they came off talented but unlikable, like the popular snobs in high school. They were doomed to end up in the bottom almost immediately.

Comment by S. – November 28, 2013 08:54 PM PDT
          • I don’t know who he is, but the guy in the middle is not the Scotty sound-alike. He’s the one that the judges earlier said had the “X-Factor,” but he was outshining the other two. Since then, he’s toned it down, to the group’s detriment.

Comment by James – November 28, 2013 09:20 PM PDT
        • I agree. Restless Road is very good. They don’t belong with a big band; they will be a very successful country group, and country was their best performance.

Comment by Joanie – November 28, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Close your eyes and LISTEN to RR. They’re harmonies, or lack there of, are hard to listen to. You couldn’t pay me to see them in concert!!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The problem with Restless Road’s harmonies is that their mentor Simon doesn’t see the point in having them work on them to showcase them; he’d rather have a very loud backing track accompany them and then they only have to bother with singing their lead bits – it’s the same thing he had been doing with Sweet Suspense and the main reason why they didn’t get far. Seriously, this season his groups going in to the final 12 were better than last season’s but he’s doing a worse job mentoring them because his mind is elsewhere. RR showed with that Keith Urban song during the chairs episode that they can sing pretty well together given the right material and not a lot of other stuff to cloud the performance. Simon’s just not letting them do that. He seems to think they just have to show up in tight jeans and smile pretty and they’ll get votes.

Comment by Tess – November 29, 2013 07:00 PM PDT
          • The problem is that Restless Road doesn’t even hit their lead bits either much of the time! (at least Sweet Suspense did that part and they even had a scattered few harmonies despite being earliest weeks of being together for the little they were around). But Simon decided to treat Restless as his main tier King group so between him and the sub-Tate type voters here they still are why so many others are already gone.
            The way voting is going it’s almost, although not fully, like it should be an honor to get voted out earlier rather than later.

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 08:48 PM PDT
    • It’s not that I hate Restless Road. It’s just that I want to replace all three of them with better singers.

Comment by Matthew Richards – November 28, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the song they did this week, awesome song, just not how they mangled every other note and turned into 3rd Disharmony.

Comment by HTGR – November 28, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fact that those 2 were sent home is insane. This show truly sucks. Josh really should have won. And Lilie is just too damn talented for this dumb show. Rion…really? Unless the audio on my tv is broken, she’s really not that good. I’m officially done with x-factor.

Comment by Gigi – November 28, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too G. This show is a joke.

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just ruined my Thanksgiving. We all knew Lillie was doomed when she dared to talk back to Oz, the all-powerful. One incredible performance after the other, but no matter. You don’t tug on Superman’s cape. But eliminating charismatic Josh, who’s been getting better every week? C’mon. The seams are starting to show on this mess. I actually do not believe that these were the real voting results, but who checks them anyway? Simon?

Comment by rio – November 28, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I do not think these were the real voting results, but who will ever know. Lillie was the best on the show, but she should have left that fool along. He’s his own God and I am sure he makes the decisions on who will win, its rigged. I will not watch again, they can cancel it as far as I am concerned.

Comment by Mykaayah – November 28, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was glad to hear Lillie stand up for herself. She’ll do well with a voice like that. She’s AWESOME.

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always said in prior posts, Josh was very overrated! But….Rion and RR were worse! My pick from DAY 1, Ellona is right up there; still has a chance to win! She has the presence and voice combo! Lillie gone…a travisty! Her remarks did her in!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if it was Lillie’s comments or simply that her performances seemed very dated.

Comment by Joanie – November 28, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I tried to vote for Lillie but could only get in 2 votes during the first 2 hrs, attempting to vote continuously, because the line was busy. So she didn’t get as many votes as I wanted to give her.

Comment by SueinTucson – November 28, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I could not vote either, the line stayed busy or off the hook huuuuuum

Comment by Mykaayah – December 1, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not really dated, but timeless/classical. These singing shows do not like R&B and they do not like older singers unless that older singer is a County singer.

Comment by sachet – November 29, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sachet; You are SPOT ON!!! Sick of these racist voters! Last year a country star won, and I honestly didn’t think he was the best. On the other hand, I could be biased because country is some of my least favorite music. The voters are not a true representation of America. The voters hate R & B, but R & B sells… Go figure!

Comment by Angry Tim – December 3, 2013 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After last week, the only 3 acts I wanted to see in the finale were Lillie, Josh, and Alex and Sierra. I hate Lillie’s version of Summertime, but I didn’t think it was the worst of the night. For Josh to go home was insane! I hope Carlito steps it up and sings in Spanish every week, because that will make me want to see him in the finale. Carlito needs to take the Scotty Mcreery approach to win the show: he should stick to what he’s good at, take no risks, and he’ll be fine.

Comment by Matthew Richards – November 28, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you at Carlito. He has ‘cheesy’ tendencies though, as cheesy as Stefano Langone from American Idol. LOL

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Little Rion was literally YELLING at the judges about The Lord and her spreading her brightness around the world. She looked like a loose cannon.

Comment by Poohbear – November 28, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep she sure did look a little unhinged at that moment…… spooky.

Comment by Shazza – November 29, 2013 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stefano is one of the biggest surprises from Idol for me. He was super cheesy on the show, but by the time I saw the Idol tour he was the best one there. He made like Leah Labelle and pulled a 180.

Comment by Matthew Richards – November 28, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Haha! I guess he’s not cheesy anymore! I’M ON ROLL! LOL #offtopic

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol at Paulina! I think Simon should have kept Paula because she probably have lesser blunders. I wish Kelly was mentoring a different category with likable people because she is a good mentor. I don’t think Jeff will last long.

Comment by Dani – November 28, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abd Simon previously said what a star Josh was…what bull! He’s so phoney! Also I just didn’t like Lillie yesterday, but never expected her exit….a shame! Well, I said in other posts, that country goes far! Oddsmakers have A&S and RR the top 2 in that order! They know how Simon persuades all to say how great they are! Demi looked so sad yesterday when she said it was RR’s best performance! That Simon bullies and whines whenwver someone disputes anything involving anything to do with his groups! Their jobs could be at stake!at stake!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon has never really cared for Josh. From his first audition, he has been nitpicking about his song choices and, last week, his dancers. Rion is still there only because she has a disability and Simon felt sorry that no one other than Demi voted to save her. He should’ve done the right thing and kept the STAR and that was Josh Levi. I hope LA Reid, Babyface, etc. gives him a record deal – he is phenomenal.

Comment by Morgan – November 28, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rion is not still there because of her Disability, she is there, because she is talented. I do not even like country music, but I love to hear this little girl sing. I am sorry that Josh was sent home, because he did a good job last night. I am not sure how these two got the bottom picks in the first place, because there are two groups I would have voted off long ago, with one more young lady that does more dancing, than she does singing, and her singing is a hit or miss.

Comment by dm – November 29, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think the voting was helped by having it late Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving. Many were unable to watch or unable to vote. Not a good idea.

Comment by Joanie – November 28, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only reason I watch is Jeff Gutt, he has been a struggling artist trying to make it big and has a great voice! He deserves to win and make a record that will surely make it big!

Comment by nelly – November 28, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My last comment was their jobs are at stake ( couldn’t get cursor to correct it)! I also meant that Simon called Josh a bankable star but votes him off! I didn’t like Josh or Rion to be honest! I expected Josh to go next week! We’ll all have to see RR possibly win this thing….GOD, say it aint so! That would discust so many people, nobody will watch show again!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the top 3 will be Ellona, A&S and RR! I’m only saying RR because for some reason the oublic votes for them (the girls I guess)! Carlito and Rion top 6….INCREDIBLE!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ellona ( the guys I guess) because she had one performance that she actually showed that she could sing. RR does nothing at all for me, if I heard them on the radio, I would change the channel, and as for A&S, it must be like a “love story” thing, because I just don’t get them still being in the top of anything. Rion has a beautiful voice, if they would give her a song to sing, and Josh did a great job last night, I hate to see either of these two at the bottom of anything.

Comment by dm – November 29, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The tv was on in the other room after turkey dinner, and I heard this horrible noise that sounded like a tone deaf geriatric rhinoceros in heat. To my surprise, that infernal caterwauling was Demi Lovato attempting to sing live on X Factor. The look on her face after the performance was abject humiliation, and that was the correct response for a performance like that. My 4 year old niece deserves a judges chair, as she opined, “that was awful!” Wow. Just… wow. I knew there were more than a few reasons to not watch this show.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 28, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Infernal caterwauling indeed. The irony is Demi sits in her seat dishing critiques week after week, telling acts they’re “pitchy” and whatnot when she can’t hold a tune to save her life. She would have been laughed off the stage during the initial auditions.

Comment by Ray – November 28, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No kidding. How that woman has a job A) singing for a living and B) judging other singers is an embarrassment. I don’t watch the show, but I have a ton of respect for Kelly Rowland in that she’s a real musician. Demi seems like more of a joke

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 28, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • To be fair I have heard her sound WAY better live before and pull off some tricky things live very well before. Sadly it was a bit rough tonight though. I noticed she yanked out her earpieces two-thirds in and then later seemed to try desperately covering up her ears so I’m not sure if something was going on.

Comment by HTGR – November 28, 2013 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re probably right. She sang the national anthem before one of last year’s World Series games, and she sounded not bad. Problem is that after a performance of that low of a caliber, she has basically zero credibility going forward. If I were one of her mentees, I would disregard anything she says because she clearly doesn’t have a clue.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 29, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Then again, she looked a little sheepish afterwards which seems to imply she probably does have a clue.

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 05:18 PM PDT
    • I wasn’t paying the closest attention to Demi’s performance, I had it on in the background, but I didn’t think it sounded too bad, I just can’t stand that blue hair :(

Comment by SS – November 30, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe RR gets the girls vote and Carlito the hispanic vote which on both accounts is a wide audience! RESTLESS ROAD really isn’t good enough to be in the top 200…..THEY STINK! But, as you can see, they’ll be in top 3, if not win the whole darn thing!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Again, I think they are very good as a country group. Perhaps some don’t care for them because they don’t care for country music. I do agree about the hispanic vote for Carlito; a lot of ethnic groups are very loyal to their ethnicity. Sometimes the ethnic vote may be split which can hurt great contestants as well.

Comment by Joanie – November 28, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are country standards that pitifully low they like groups who cannot even do simple harmonies and cannot sing the chorus without dozens of background singers? If so, that’s pathetic!

Comment by Laurie – November 28, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good as a country group? I love country music and I think they sound awful. They are definitely not the next Rascal Flatts or even the next Swon Brothers.

Comment by Matthew Richards – November 28, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know how bad “country groups” like RR usually are to make them qualify as “very good” but in terms of the rest of music, they objectively sound bad and don’t hit the right notes more of the time than the other way around.

Comment by will – November 29, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh PLEASE! Let’s not get racial with this stupidity! I’m a die hard country fan and can tell you that RR hurts my ears! They’re just, not any good. Facts are Facts!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And who gets the black vote now that Josh and Lillie are gone?

Comment by Rio – November 28, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Al, Jessie and the NAACP will voice their outrage that the only 2 blacks are gone. lol BTW the blacks will be tuning in to BET not the X-factor.

Comment by JillyBilly – November 29, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey, watch it! I like Al and I’m white!! Let’s stick to the topic. Lillie is the best singer. It’s not a black or white thing, just a VOICE. This show really is a joke. Simon sticks his chest out like a peacock..he’s too pathetic. Remember, this is Simon’s show and he picks the winner, period. Don’t bother wasting your money to pay for a single vote. Bet he gets a piece of that action. LOL

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m Caucasian and have voted for Lillie from day 1. This is 1 little white vote that none of the other contestants will get. Stop watching this madness. It brings out stupid comments from people! Watch the news from now on. These shows are all rigged!! Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out that you’re being manipulated!!!!!!! Do you really think your votes actually count? Jokes on you if you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sue, I think you might be right. My entire family voted for Josh via cell phone, land line phones and the internet. He definitely should have won. His performance was far better than any performance that night. I have no doubt however in knowing that someone has already signed him. His face will be one I believe that we will all see for a long time. The boy is BAD! Reminds me of Usher.

Comment by Tracy – December 18, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jesus

Comment by Mykaayah – December 1, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Restless Road are just SOOOOO horrible in blows my mind. Even with a backing track and an army of background singers to carry EVERY chorus, they still suck and look so awkward on stage together even for just 2 minutes. Ugh. Shame Lillie and Josh went home as they were two of the best left. Alex & Sierra and Jeff are the only ones I care about at this point. I’d rather have ANYONE win other than RR though.

Comment by Laurie – November 28, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn! America! Why is Restless Road still here? Why do you keep voting for them when they suck big time?

Josh deserved to stay, so sad about this kid. I hate Simon for taking it to deadlock.
    Rion needs to go ASAP.

Let´s pray RR finally goes home next week. PLEASE! ENOUGH ALREADY!

Comment by Titina – November 28, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey Titina! my name’s Jedidiah, from New Zealand. This’ actually off the XFactor topic. Believe it or not Titina is one of my nickname! and for the first time tonight reading this comment and I see another Titina!! just thought it’s interesting!!

Comment by Jedidiahs@gmail.com – November 29, 2013 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the same crowd that voted Tate Stevens as the winner last season. Sadly RR will be in the finals… just like the more talented and funny Swon Bros were in the finals of the Voice.

Comment by JillyBilly – November 29, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I voted for the Swon Brothers and even Tate Stevens a few times, they were very talented. But Restless Road just sounds terrible. I have no idea who’s voting for them, because it can’t be country fans.

Comment by Matthew Richards – November 30, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie, I love your description of Demi’s singing! I couldn’t have said it better myself! She was YUK!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a vocalist myself, I felt horrible for her. But then I remembered she gets paid a whole lot more than I do and she sucks, so I got over it quickly. :)

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 28, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rion sounded crazy when she was saying she should stay in the competition. Also…seriously Paulina? I can’t even with her.

Comment by Nina – November 28, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah! No joke! There’s a fine line between showing dedication and showing that you’re legally insane. That was so very strange.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 28, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s 13 and appears to have a lot of overcompensating defensive mechanisms built up so let’s not go overboard on her.

Comment by HTGR – November 28, 2013 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here are my rankings to the remaining 6 acts:
    1. Alex & Sierra | Please America! Or should I say please Simon! I’m begging you! MAKE. THEM. WIN.
    2. Jeff Gutt | He’s a consistently okay vocalist. And for a show like X Factor, that’s enough for a second place.
    3. Ellona Santiago | I still don’t get her. Downgraded version of Jessica Sanchez from American Idol. She got some chops, but pedestrian. I guess there are just people buying her dancing and the production and stuff.
    4. Carlito Olivero | He’s good this week. Let’s see if he can keep up with that next week. He has been in the sing-off one time though.
    5. Rion Paige | Can she able to up her game again like her rarely only strongly performed Elton John cover to make her stay next week?
    6. Restless Road | Ugh.

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Simon needs to cut loose the other judges, making them say RR is good. Just keep the heat on for A&S. That’s his real hope. They always lead on iTunes and are clearly talented–I don’t care if it’s cheesy sometimes, I like’em. Rion’s so inconsistent. I liked Carlito this week. I wonder if he’ll be able to keep it up. He’d be very popular doing that whole Ricky Martin thing. It may or may not hit big in the US but worldwide he could make millions. The thing I don’t like about Jeff is that his enunciation makes him seem like a 90s rock singer. It feels so dated. He needs to front a band. Ellona I like but she really is Jessica Sanchez minus the personality and not as powerful a voice. She’s been trained very well and that’s what she knows how to do. I think she’d do well with some life experience, but she’s always gonna seem a bit distant even when she’s trying to show emotion. I kind of feel for her. It’s not an easy thing to fix. She might just have to train herself to appear to have a personality. Pick one, maintain it. She seems nice. It’s not like she’s a sociopath. The emotion is there but not the expression. PS. How on earth do you get paragraphs on this thread? Or at the very least a list? I hate having to do a big bulky paragraph.

Comment by S. – November 28, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For now all I care is Alex & Sierra. Use HTML tag for line breaks for paragraphs. I can’t type it here.

Comment by Simon Cowell and his so-called ‘TALENT’ show are horrible. – November 28, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LAST NIGHT SHOW WAS DISGRACEFUL, THE TWO BEST SINGERS IN THE COMPETITION WERE SENT HOME WHICH LILLIE AND JOSH. I THINK SIMON SHOULD CALLED THEM BACK BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ON THIS SHOW FOR ME TO WATCH. EVERY WEEK I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCH BUT AFTER LAST NIGHT DECISION – TO ME SIMON REALIZED THAT JOSH AND LILLIE WOULD HAVE WON IT. SIMON THE WAY THIS SHOW IS GOING I THINK THE LESS PEOPLE WILL WATCH THIS SHOW. THE BEST JUDGE SO FAR IS ROWLAND. THIS SHOW GONE TO THE DOGS.

Comment by Ijtyrrel – November 29, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll say it again, that Buble stinks! Another Sinatra wannabe! A big farce! I’ve heard contestants on many shows better than him and at Karaoke too….honestly (you’d be surprised at some singers at Karaoke, seriously).

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon sure wimped out!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either the true votes aren’t being used for the results (ie: Simon and Co. are just arranging the order of the acts however they want them) or there is some serious insider voting using bots or something because there is no way in hell that the “voting” public has such different favorites than 90% of the posters on here and other sites. Statistacally, the views from the people here should be very close to the opinions of the average American. Therefore the results being SO completely different means that they are fraudulent. If there is any king of “SEC” oversight committee for auditing TV competition show results they need to get their asses over to the X-factor and investigate.
    Michael, I disagree that pay pay can’t remember her contestants names. I actually think it goes deeper than forgetting names. I truly believe that she’s so univested in her 2 boys that she hasn’t even bothered to pay attention to what they look like. I think if she ran into either of them on the street she would have zero recognition of them. I think tonight she. or some flunky of hers prepared 2 intros for her two remaining acts so that she wouldn’t have to come up with something on the spot if it happened that one of her acts had to sing for their life. And when that did happen tonight she’s so oblivious and uncaring and uninvested in her acts that she didn’t even recognize that it was josh and not carlito that ended up in the bottom 2. Since josh has been doing much better than carlito, I think she just assumed it was carlito in the bottom and therefore spit out the written “introduction” on her card for him.

Restless Road are worse than useless. Due to all these factors I’m done with this show. At this point I don’t even care who wins since the whole show is clearly not about talent but rather it’s 100% about Simon manipulating results for his own purposes. The once admired judge from AI is now just a really bad joke.

See ya all on the Voice recaps!

Comment by I'm done with this mess – November 28, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I meant to say Pau Pau, not pay pay. Although I think the only reason she’s there (physically, not mentally) is for the pay pay!

Comment by I'm done with this mess – November 28, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate X Factor. No sense of watching it any more. It sucks. The best voice this year has been Lillie. That woman can really sing & perform. Many of the others appear to suffer from COPD. They get so short of breath that they can hold a note.
    I’m very disappointed w X Factor that I don’t care for it any more. This has been the worst group of contestants. And the best ones have been eliminated. Ugh! Coño!!

Comment by Wanda Santiago – November 28, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, Demi takes the stage and performs her new single “Neon Lights” and it was horrendous and she looks like a hobo! How can you be a judge on this show and tell other people how they are singing, but then take the stage and can’t sing themselves???

Comment by TimOlson – November 28, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was shocking! I walked in towards the end, when Alex & Sierra were saved, so I didn’t see Demi’s horrible performance. I plan on watching it though.

I can’t believe Josh went home (Why does Paulina not know your name? It’s not like there are that many people). I kind of understand Lilie going home, but I didn’t like it either. Rion and Restless Road are terrible. They sound pretty bad. RR is also very stiff and Rion bobbles her head so much it’s distracting plus she always steps on the ground like she’s crushing cans. I hope they can help her get rid of those habits.

To Simon,
    You obviously don’t care about finding talent anymore. Do yourself a favor and just let them cancel your show. Both you and show are jokes. You need to put in timeout until you have thought about what you have done to this show and the contestants on it.

Britt

Comment by Britt – November 28, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Demi’s performance was grade C at best. Paulina has been mispronouncing Josh’s last name as Levee and not the Levi as in jeans, and now totally said the wrong person… I would fired her before the live show started. She makes Britney sound like a genius.
      Lillie was good, but it does not matter if she was booted or not. She does not have the X-factor. I agree with Rion and her habits, it’s distracting. I think it’s part of her disability. Since she can’t raise her arms and have total arm movement. She has to move her arms and does the stomping to compensate.

Comment by TimOlson – November 28, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A C at best? If Matthew Schuler’s performance last week was a D, then Demi’s was a ZZZ-minus. I’ve had voice students who sound better on their first lesson than she did last night. That was not an exaggeration. She sounded like a joke audition on Idol or X Factor. Even that little girl who sang Pink last night sounded better than Demi.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 29, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice comments Tim! I agree about Demi….A real train wreck extrodinare! And that hair!??????? She needs a mentor!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon knows how to pick ‘em…..Britney, now Paulina! Who’s next, Miss Piggy??????

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I beg your pardon? Miss Piggy would be a fantastic judge.

Comment by Matthew Richards – November 28, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Miss Piggy would be great. She would be honest and if the mentors said something stupid, she probably karate chop them. Shoot bring Kermit along and the rest of the Muppets.

Comment by Britt – November 29, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Demi but dear god that song was hideous!

Comment by Katelin – November 28, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Paula, then Paulina…maybe there’s just some sort of curse involving Paulish names and The X-Factor? I say we test this by bringing RuPaul on as a judge next year.

Comment by kcostell – November 28, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Harry Connick on A.I. as a judge this season. He’s so damn funny ! Alex and Sierra are the only interesting act left. Josh should have stayed tonight based on talent.

Comment by Jesse – November 28, 2013 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet Miss Piggy would have no trouble giving real, honest critiques

Comment by ec – November 28, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next week the 6 acts left will sing two songs for America’s votes – one from their favorite diva artist, and the other, a stripped-down version of a song of their choice.

Comment by TimOlson – November 28, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But what does “stripped down” mean for RR?
      An acoustic guitar + 9 background singers singing the song with the Three Stooges awkwardly moving around in front of them?

Comment by Didi – November 29, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have never seen his RR, but your post almost made me youtube them. I said almost… :)

Comment by Angie_Overrated – November 29, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. I assume RR will have some gimmick to mask their inept vocals on the strip down song.

Comment by JillyBilly – November 29, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • for them it will mean clothes being removed while for the rest it will mean no background singers and minimal acoustic instrument backing hah

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How many times do you have to HEAR that your votes don’t count!! The almighty Simon has already determined the winner but, if you like to pay for texting for Simon it’s your money!!!

Comment by sue – November 29, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The voting on this show is just awful (and that says something since it usually stinks on reality tv). What was with Simon’s little smile smirk when Lillie got booted? No way Lillie and Josh were the worst two last night or overall for the season.
    How the heck do RR stay above Josh, Lillie, Tim, Sweet Suspense, Rachel and Khaya? (and how are some of them gone and some who are still here still here instead)
    It burst into flames! Get this, Charlie! Get this, Charlie! It’s fire—and it’s crashing! It’s crashing terrible! Oh, my, get out of the way, please! It’s burning and bursting into flames, and the— and all the folks agree that this is terrible, this is one of the worst catastrophes in the world. It’s–it’s–it’s the flames, oh, four- or five-hundred feet into the sky and it … it’s a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. It’s smoke, and it’s flames now … Oh, the humanity and all the viewers screaming around here. Ah! It’s–it’s–it’s–it’s … o–ohhh! I–I can’t talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest, it’s just laying there, a mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk, and the screaming. Lady, I–I’m sorry. Honest: I–I can hardly breathe. I–I’m going to step inside where I cannot see it. Charlie, that’s terrible. Ah, ah—I can’t. I, listen, folks, I–I’m gonna have to stop for a minute because I’ve lost my voice. This is the worst thing I’ve ever witnessed.

Comment by HTGR – November 28, 2013 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lillie should not have gone that way. she should have at least had a shot at a save me song. Every week i looked forward to see what lillie was gonna sing.

Comment by Alasad – December 1, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hey…..you might be the most boring, self obsessed, annoying commentator on this thread…please try to suppress your personality……………thanks

Comment by mike hollingworth – December 1, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And man having these results on Thanksgiving Day each season now, man, I just don’t know about that. It seems especially harsh when it’s so often these 13-15 year olds getting dumped on the holiday each year too. I know you need your precious ratings, but man just bump it to Friday and suck it up or do it next Monday or over the weekend, whatever.

Comment by HTGR – November 28, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do we know the name in Mario’s hand said Josh Levi, or any other name he read, for that matter? Think about it! Something isn’t right here!

Comment by Jim Welker – November 28, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only damn frakkin’ reason I wasn’t that upset with Josh’s elimination is because Hannah Barrett got voted off from X Factor UK. That girl Rion just took Josh’s BIG dream. So she better NOT mess around!

Comment by Anthoneo J – November 28, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Paulina is a twit. What a surprise…….But some of you lamenting on the voting, well, did you really think a 55-year-old professional singer was going to win? Just who do you think does most of the voting? Teenagers. And just who do you think does most of the buying out there? Teenagers.

Comment by Sandy Park – November 29, 2013 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Josh went home because he’s a teenager??

Comment by rio – November 29, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Teenagers and County Music lovers. I don’t think many teenage R&B lovers vote; thus Josh leaving.

Comment by sachet – November 29, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i seem to recall someone on idol once saying that easily the largest voting block for these shows is middle-aged women from middle america/the south

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Other than facebook votes, no one has any idea who is voting. Whoever said that was just speculating.

Comment by tealeaves – November 29, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah she was never going to win, but to get dumped after one of the most solid performances of the night, this early on, considering 3rd Disharmony and all….

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am racking my brain trying to figure out what went down last night. It seems as if Simon’s harshest critiques on Wednesday night were for Lillie and Josh….and both went hime. Josh he said was a bit theatrical (meaning effeminate?). The voting public is still majorly influenced by Simon. As for Rion last night, she was downright creepy, yet he saved her Also, Ellona was way overpraised on Wed. For some reason he needed to keep her another week. But Simon knows what he’s doing. Rion and Ellona will both go next week putting his two acts in the final 4

Comment by Pete – November 29, 2013 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon has lost his spunk as a judge! Simon why did u not save the most entertaining guy on your show? Restless Road should have one home instead. Anyway I will not be watching XFactor anymore It sucks!

Comment by Lois Smith – November 29, 2013 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rion sang better, though Pink’s version is of course the best. But it is getting a little creepy how much she wants to win.
    Josh is Bruno Mars all the time – he needed to do his own thing.
    Jeff needs to loosen up physically (the shoulders especially) but musically he hit a home run. Alex & Sierra are my favourites – Sonny and Cher live!

Comment by Nicola T. – November 29, 2013 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not certain Alex & Sierra can race up the charts but Simon’s record label gives them a chance to stick around win or lose. Restless Road, country right now will accept almost any act calling themselves a group so Simon knows there is a void right now to be filled. Can they be the next Oakridge Boys, who knows. I would like to hear them sing “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” ! It fits the low voice in the group and certainly would give us a better feel for their talent! Maybe that’s what scares them from doing such an iconic song. Cutting the two African American performers in one night will probably sink the show’s ratings for good this season. I never liked Josh’s talent to sing well enough to consider him a future star but Lilly was better than some who stayed! Josh might try again as he matures. In all, I have to agree that Alex & Sierra have the best chance to succeed amidst a lot of average talent this season. Even Simon can’t help the performers sell records to the public and in the end they will decide the talent as always. Very rare for a star to emerge from these shows! I don’t see one this season in either show right now. There’s no real public following for any of the singers on the Voice or X-Factor right now that would separate any of these performers from one another. That alone cries out mediocrity because there’s no such thing as a group of future stars!!!!!

Comment by John Anthony – November 29, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear I will stop voting for Restless Road if they don’t do a Magic Mike number next week! If Restless Road doesn’t work out, the jock-looking guy and the blond shirtless one from emblem 3 can form a duo next year and not sing at all, just flex their biceps, wear tank tops or go shirtless and shake their booty! I will vote for them until my fingers bleed and I shall watch from my Queen-sized bed in my Victoria’s Secret lingerie with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and a dildo in the other!

Comment by darcy the slutty twin – November 29, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a little creeped out by Rion’s manic crazy eyed talk about God

Comment by Maria – November 29, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am generally creeped out by all these contestants thinking/saying that God controls every little decision on a mediocre reality singing contest while not caring about “unimportant” stuff like millions of people starving to death and wars.
      There is faith (good thing)… and then there is delusion (which should be treated)

Comment by Didi – November 29, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen. He’s up there watching over The X-Factor and football games.

Comment by rio – November 29, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! Except faith also isn’t really a good thing. At best it’s a neutral thing. It’s just believing something without evidence. Believing something good will happen without evidence is hopefulness, and while that’s a positive emotion, it doesn’t actually do anything positive in and of itself beyond giving you an unjustified positive belief in things, and it works negatively when your hopes are unrealistic or turn out to be incorrect, as is happening with Rion.

Comment by will – November 29, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah, it doesn’t add up and seems pretty silly and what the heck are you trying to say when you say your team is the chosen one or something, yeah I’m not a fan of it
        still I can understand in her case if she has needed to use it as crutch to help giver her confidence or whatnot

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still, put it into context, 13 years old, with her hands she has surely been both picked on at times and at other times likely been given extra praise beyond purely deserved so you get a bit insecure two ways at once and then you hear you got voted into the bottom two. It’s tough enough for some to go on the stage to begin with. Also, being stiff in the arms she probably overcompensates by trying to talk extra with her legs and eyes to make up. So being so young and putting all of that together it’s probably just that.

Comment by HTGR – November 29, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • htgr……………………………go read a book

Comment by mike hollingworth – December 1, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon is a COWARD…he always says the public got it wrong what happed to his VOICE the X-Factor is a JOKE: Josh is a better performer bottom line…SO SAD…I won’t waste my time watching the F-Factor anymore

Comment by T K – November 29, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m done with this season, Josh was the best by a mile. Alex and Sierra are the only interesting ones left, but since the judges tell them they are awful every week, how long before people vote them out too…

Comment by Greg – November 29, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post