It's Official: Longmire Renewed for Season 3

Longmire Renewed Season 3Some three months after exec producer John Coveny said on Twitter that Longmire would be back for Season 3, A&E has officially renewed the Robert Taylor-fronted drama for another 10-episode run.

PHOTO | Rodeo Girls: Check Out the Eye-Popping Key Art for A&E’s Barrel-Racing Series

Longmire has become one of the most compelling dramas on television with a devoted audience and we are so proud of the show,” A&E GM David McKillop said in announcing the pick-up. “We are thrilled to continue our wonderful partnership with Warner Horizon Television, the production team, and the talented cast and crew led by the exceptional Robert Taylor.”

VIDEO | Bates Motel‘s Vera Farmiga Previews Michael Vartan’s Season 2 Arrival, Hints at Possible Non-Psycho Endgame

Having averaged 3.7 million total viewers during Season 2 (climaxing with a season high of 4.4 mil in its August finale), Longmire stands as A&E’s most-watched original drama series of all time.

Longmire Season 3 should premiere sometime in summer 2014.

1. Sharon says:

Longmire is a great show. Hard to wait until summer for season 3. The show is based on Craig Johnson’s series of books. Go to Amazon and type in Longmire and the list of books will come up. I’ve got them all on my Kindle so I can keep my ‘Walt’ buzz going until summer. New book comes out in May 2014. Check out Craig’s website too. Lots of neat Longmire stuff on there.

2. Robin says:

Love this show, hope it gets to stay on long enough to build its audience.

3. MSALLEN says:

When LANGMIRE presents a bad guy, it is as close to the real deal as I have experienced!

4. Gail says:

LOVE Longmire. Duck Dynasty,I wouldn’t waste my time.

5. Joe says:

Im so glad u have given us another season of longmire.i love the show.

6. Joe says:

A&E is Awsome. Longmire is the best show since Gunsmoke. Wish season 3 started today.

7. Ferdi says:

8. Joe Maddox says:

we really like Longmire–Lou Diamond Phillips is a favorite of mine and has been 4 years!–sure glad it’s been renewed!

9. The Realhawkman says:

Absolutely outstanding. #1 of the only three shows I watch. The other two being car shows.

10. lou says:

Always did like Lou Diamond Phillips, but totally love him as Henry.

11. Larry Fuller says:

Please don’t stop with season three. Bring on four, five, six! I’m more interested in this show and tv than I have been since West Wing was on. Great job A&E and cast. This show is compelling!

12. Jean Lapham says:

We really Love Longmire…. Hope it stays on forever…2014 is really packed full of action .

• Sandra Glennon says:

Longmire is my favorite A&E program, it’s informative and entertaining. I watch and record all programs. I noticed Lou Diamond Phillips and Graham Greene are together again, they were on Wolf Lake several years ago. I look forward to Longmire and I can’t say that about many programs. I don’t like all this reality crap, It’s getting hard to find real programs, so I truly hope Longmire will return for a 4th season.

13. Laurel Hawkins says:

Love, Love, Love It! Hope it has a long run!

14. Are there seriously only going to be 10 episodes for season 3 of Longmire & now we have to wait another year to see season 4? This is crazy. Longmire is great show & we want to see the normal amount of episodes. Writers get writing & actors get back to rehearsal – we want more!

15. Clement says:

I have been watching Longmire since it started and it is one of the best shows on TV!