HIMYM First Photo: New Guy Andrew Rannells Crashes Barney and Robin's Wedding

How I Met Your Mother Andrew RannellsAndrew Rannells is causing drama on How I Met Your Mother.

The New Normal alum will guest-star on an upcoming Season 9 episode of the CBS comedy, the network announced on Monday.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers — Episode Set in China

Per an official episode description, Rannells will play Darren, a guy at Barney and Robin’s wedding who intentionally stirs up trouble among the gang.

Also of note: Marshall will — spoiler alert! — finally arrive at the Farhampton Inn in the same ep, airing Dec. 16.

HIMYM fans, what are you more excited for: Rannells’ sure-to-be funny guest spot or Marshall getting to the wedding at last (and not a moment too soon)?

1. Jen says:

Love love LOVE Andrew Ranells. My biggest hope for this is that they give him a musical number.

2. Alan says:

oh yay, more filler.

3. Amy says:

As a longtime fan of the show, I’ve tried to find things to love about this season…but it’s getting tough. 2 more episodes without the group together? Ugh.
    They need more Marshall and they need more of the mother.

4. Joey says:

Glad Marshall will finally be with the group next month.

5. heLLpaso says:

He’s great in Girls as Elijah!

6. erin says:

I loooooooove him!!!

7. Emily says:

It’s so baffling when effeminate guys (gays) have facial hair

8. Maki says:

Why do I feel he could be the mothers current Boyfriend?

9. KateDFW says:

Wow! Last night rhyming episode was PAINFUL! It reminded me I am only watching this once fun show because it’s the last season. And now they are doing a spin-off…..? Why?

• Kit says:

Completely agree. I could barely stomach last night’s episode & thought it was just ridiculous filler/gimmick taken too far. Not even funny, in my opinion. One of my friends, however, thought it was “hysterical.” FYI, Marshall’s decision to walk five miles? Please, Long Island has cabs.

• Ashley says:

At least deciding to walk is within character (like that episode where they competed over the quickest way to get across New York).

10. Germaine says:

I hate the “seasons’ worth of episodes taking place in one weekend”. Watched the first few episodes this fall and that was it.

11. Ashley says:

This show has gotten ridiculous! The legacy of the show will be ruined by this season! The scripts this season are completely and utterly pointless! Whose bright idea was it to have the entire season encompass one weekend? How can you possibly get a season’s worth of quality shows out of a single weekend? I have never been more disappointed and disgusted by a show in my entire life. If I were a member of the cast, I would demand scripts of greater quality. It is shameful how low this once quality sitcom has sunk! I wish it would have ended last season! This season seems to be nothing more than a money grab!