HIMYM First Photo: New Guy Andrew Rannells Crashes Barney and Robin's Wedding

Get More: Casting News

How I Met Your Mother Andrew RannellsAndrew Rannells is causing drama on How I Met Your Mother.

The New Normal alum will guest-star on an upcoming Season 9 episode of the CBS comedy, the network announced on Monday.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers — Episode Set in China

Per an official episode description, Rannells will play Darren, a guy at Barney and Robin’s wedding who intentionally stirs up trouble among the gang.

Also of note: Marshall will — spoiler alert! — finally arrive at the Farhampton Inn in the same ep, airing Dec. 16.

HIMYM fans, what are you more excited for: Rannells’ sure-to-be funny guest spot or Marshall getting to the wedding at last (and not a moment too soon)?

Comments (21)

• Love love LOVE Andrew Ranells. My biggest hope for this is that they give him a musical number.

Comment by Jen – November 25, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh yay, more filler.

Comment by Alan – November 25, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a longtime fan of the show, I’ve tried to find things to love about this season…but it’s getting tough. 2 more episodes without the group together? Ugh.
    They need more Marshall and they need more of the mother.

Comment by Amy – November 25, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Marshall will finally be with the group next month.

Comment by Joey – November 25, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s great in Girls as Elijah!

Comment by heLLpaso – November 25, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loooooooove him!!!

Comment by erin – November 25, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so baffling when effeminate guys (gays) have facial hair

Comment by Emily – November 25, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s so baffling that ignorant people (Emily) can use a computer.

Comment by Jay – November 25, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ignorant Emily makes a good point. As a gay, I’m constantly surprised every morning when I discover that I need to shave, having miraculously grown facial hair through the night. I mean, doesn’t my face know that I’m not a real man?!

Comment by Arek – November 25, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • True. But being less of a man is why I grew my facial hair in the first. So maybe I can fool people and just try to be “normal” cause that’s what we all want, isn’t it?

Comment by Jay – November 25, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’ve really got it all figured out. I envy you and your impressively rugged and hetero beard ;)

Comment by Arek – November 25, 2013 08:56 PM PDT
    • I’m going to guess that you’re easily baffled…

Comment by Rex Mundi – November 25, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Google ‘gay bears’ and prepare to have your mind blown.

Comment by Ashley – November 25, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I feel he could be the mothers current Boyfriend?

Comment by Maki – November 26, 2013 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Last night rhyming episode was PAINFUL! It reminded me I am only watching this once fun show because it’s the last season. And now they are doing a spin-off…..? Why?

Comment by KateDFW – November 26, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. I could barely stomach last night’s episode & thought it was just ridiculous filler/gimmick taken too far. Not even funny, in my opinion. One of my friends, however, thought it was “hysterical.” FYI, Marshall’s decision to walk five miles? Please, Long Island has cabs.

Comment by Kit – November 26, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At least deciding to walk is within character (like that episode where they competed over the quickest way to get across New York).

Comment by Ashley – November 26, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the “seasons’ worth of episodes taking place in one weekend”. Watched the first few episodes this fall and that was it.

Comment by Germaine – November 26, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has gotten ridiculous! The legacy of the show will be ruined by this season! The scripts this season are completely and utterly pointless! Whose bright idea was it to have the entire season encompass one weekend? How can you possibly get a season’s worth of quality shows out of a single weekend? I have never been more disappointed and disgusted by a show in my entire life. If I were a member of the cast, I would demand scripts of greater quality. It is shameful how low this once quality sitcom has sunk! I wish it would have ended last season! This season seems to be nothing more than a money grab!

Comment by Ashley – December 2, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post