Ratings: Bones Rises, Nikita Returns Low

Bones_ep908_sc23_0021Bones‘ bachelorette party was well-attended, drawing 5.7 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, up 10 and 25 percent from the Fox drama’s Friday time slot launch.

Leading out of that, a double helping of Raising Hope did 2.5 mil/0.9 and 2.3 mil/0.8, pretty much on par with its week-ago premiere.

RELATED | Nikita Season Premiere Recap: Into the Woods

Over on The CW, The Carrie Diaries (720K/0.3) lost a few eyeballs but was steady in the demo. Nikita then returned to 730,000 viewers and a 0.2 rating, down 23 and 33 percent from its previous premiere (950K/0.3) and down even more sharply from its penultimate finale (1.1 mil/0.4).

CBS’ Undercover Boss clip show (6.9 mil/1.4) dropped some 18 percent, but Carol Burnett’s Hawaii Five-0 episode (9.8 mil/1.5) only ticked down a tenth. Blue Bloods (11.7 mil/1.5) rose a tenth.

ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.2 mil/1.2) was flat, while Neighbors (4 mil/0.9) and Shark Tank (6.9 mil/1.9) both inched up a tenth.

1. Sarah says:

Yay Bones!! :)

2. Jill says:

Nice to see fans are find Bones again, fun ep, bar the drunken Brennan hitting on a biker, but overall satisfying ep.

• Anon says:

Yeah I hated Skanky Drunk Brennan’s behavior in the bar too… Booth deserves so much better than that poor excuse of a wife.

3. Jen says:

Good news about Bones! Yay! I enjoyed the episode!

4. William says:

The Carrie Diaries continues to stay consistent with its ratings/demo. Hopefully The CW takes that into consideration when it comes to a final decision regarding the show’s fate.

• If by consistent you mean no one is watching, sure.

• hipster says:

Yeah… exactly. Not even 750K. I wouldn’t be surprised if they even pull this show after the winter break. They have shows on their network with demos higher than the total audience of TCD. It’s goner by May.

• Wray says:

A goner by May? Try by New Years. The CW cancelled both Life Unexpected and Emily Owens before winter their hiatuses and aired the remaining episodes through January. Not to mention both of those shows had better ratings than TCD. You can definitely bet on a cancellation announcement within the next few weeks.

5. Mark says:

how did haven do as I’m worried about it being cancelled….

6. wrstlgirl says:

Ouch Nikita fans. Atleast you know you’re getting an ending.

7. Jared says:

Bummer about NIKITA. But luckily, it doesn’t matter…

• DW says:

“luckily, it doesn’t matter”…and that’s how The CW is handling it. They deliberately put it on in a “dead spot” in their schedule, because they were already committed to it and they knew ratings would be off for anything in this slot during the Holiday season. They didn’t really promote the show, unless you’re already watching other CW shows (most of which I catch weeks later on my DVR). So the ratings aren’t surprising, and I’m glad The CW agreed to even a short additional ( and final) season.

8. Britt says:

My poor CW shows.

9. Babybop says:

Hooray for Bones! And at least Raising Hope isn’t slipping…

10. JDS says:

I love Nikita..I am way sad that it is ending.

• Pat says:

I absolutely love Bones. Have watched it from the beginning and no matter what the ratings are I will always watch it. The first half hour of Bones last night had me laughing so hard even though it was a serious subject of having stew with human parts in it being eaten by school kids. My husband thought I was watching a comedy but then realized I was watching Bones. So kudos to the writers who know how to keep this show moving without it being a full hour of doom & gloom. Love it, love it, love it!!!

11. Robbie says:

I thought Nikita was coming back on the spring? WTH?!

12. sarah says:

I am glad that H50 despite a tick down, is doing well on Fridays, it pairs well with Blue Bloods!

13. Andrew says:

Those ratings for the CW are kind of pathetic.

• Sara says:

Not really…most CW shows average 1.5 – 2,5 mil. Nothing shocking about that.
      Nikita was really good last night. Sad to see more people aren’t watching but I’m glad that it gets to end properly.

• hipster says:

Yes, really. 1.5-2.5 is about average for CW, these Friday shows are showcasing less than half of that… HALF OF 1.5 Million! It’s bad. At least ‘Nikita’ will have a proper ending for their fans.

• Andrew says:

Glad somebody else agrees. I remember when they cancelled that Mischa Barton Show, The Beautiful Life, after it premiered to 1.38 million viewers and a 0.6 in the 18-49. That Mario Lopez-fronted reality show they had was also cancelled after it drew a 0.4 after a few episodes.

As it stands now, TCD should be cancelled (and it doesn’t really matter for Nikita anyway).

14. Marie says:

What people have not noticed is Bones is still down 2million viewers. That is still bad which means it is true what they say about Friday nights it is where tv show goes to die. Which means bye bye bones it was nice knowing you before you turned into crap!!

15. eating for says:

Do this for any period of time and then you start out
    to learn just how much calories food items have and this will make
    it easier for you to find in the accurate calorie range later on when you are longer tracking that anymore.
    Hence, fitness trainers recommend one to have at least 8 hours of sound
    sleep for healthy body. It could make your stomach more filling
    and keeps you against feeling hungry quickly. If you combine 25 to 45 minutes of
    exercise at least three times a week your metabolism will continue
    active and you will burn off extra calories.
    Apples contain pectin which can be known to
    suppress appetite.

16. jen says:

Curious as to how the JFK special did. TVLine didn’t include it in What to Watch either. I know it was a one-time thing, just curious as to how many watched.

17. Diz says:

I told my Dad about Nikita returning last night. He recently moved and was trying to find the channel. I looked it up online for him and he finally found it. There was high school sports or something stupid on CW there last night and it wouldn’t air until 11pm so he had to set the DVR for it. I wonder how many other areas got Nikita preempted. How stupid to preempt a season premier. I was fortunately able to watch live.

18. Tim says:

I just can’t believe Fox is burning off Raising Hope on Fridays. Unbelievably bad scheduling of a terrific show. So sad.

19. MP says:

I enjoy a lot of the CW shows, including The Carrie Diaries. That’s too bad more people aren’t watching. It’s a nice fluff show and I don’t mean that in a disparaging way. Maybe only people in a certain age range can really appreciate it?? I’m in my 30’s, so I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and I like seeing the clothes and hearing the music, etc. I was also a SATC fan and I like seeing Carrie’s backstory.

Bones is growing weary on me, but my mom loves it enough for the two of us! She’s a teacher and thought last night’s episode was hysterical when Caroline asked if all the teachers were accounted for and none were in the stew. If you watched you’ll know what I mean.

20. wendell says:

I love The Neighbors, the silliest show on TV, but also one of the best crafted. The performances are really good and most of the gags work. People should watch this.

21. ruth ann walker says:

Love, love, love bones, you are the best and will tocontinue to watch, keeping my fingers crossed won’t be cancelled.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

22. Dennis Lescowitch says:

Very sad that a program such as this has to end. Shows what America has turned into. A no thought, soccer loving, mindless nation. You have to understand how the world works in order to enjoy this show! Kudos to the writers for their imagination! And of course, to the actors for an outstanding job in each of their roles. Long Live Nikita!!