Glee First Look Photos: Christmas Brings NYC Elves and Human Window Displays!

It’s beginning to look at lot like Christmas — at least in the following first-look photos from Glee‘s winter finale (Dec. 5, 9/8c on Fox).

RELATED | Scoop on Glee‘s New Timeslot!

In “Previously Unaired Christmas,” Rachel (Lea Michele), Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Santana (Naya Rivera) work as Santa’s elves at a mall, and gussy up some display windows to boot. Meanwhile, New Directions nemesis Sue Sylvester introduces a holiday special that Fox yanked from the air last year, one that finds the McKinley show-choir kids auditioning for roles in the school’s living Nativity Scene.

We’ve also got some additional images from Thanksgiving night’s “Puppet Master” episode — including Adam Lambert in human and plushie form and Sue Sylvester trading in her tracksuit for a silver gown!

Click through the gallery below for the whole enchilada, then share your excitement level on a scale from Schue Weeping in a Car to Rachel Killing It on Broadway.

1. wordsmith says:

Ah, so it’s a rewind rather than a jump forward? I was wondering how they were going to handle the time discrepancy. Did we not see what happened last Christmas?

• wordsmith says:

Okay, looking back, last year was the Love, Actually episode, so there are potentially a lot of gaps to fill in.

• Ann says:

If this is last year’s Christmas, I wonder how the writers will explain the absence of Corey Monteith’s Finn. Afterall, he was alive and actively involved with the Glee club as a student teacher…

• tal says:

It’s last year, no AU no time jump, in other words Its a we think Glee fans are really stupid & will forget what everything we did last year because we need to keep stalling & want to sell some Christmas songs.

• Diogo says:

Blaine isn’t going to NYC, instead of him, Santana is going to visit Hummelberry.

• missvci says:

but isn’t that Adam Lambert in a couple pics with the puppet. i know Glee has never cared about continuity or willing suspense of disbelief. So this is just a nice christmas filled treat for glee fans.

but I gave up on glee last year and clicked on the slideshow hoping for funny captions like there has been for Once.

• Montavilla says:

The Adam Lambert pics are from the next episode (airing 11/28). The Christmas episode is airing 12/5.

But I do believe you’re right. It’s just a nice Christmas treat, probably not meant to exist the Glee universe as it now stands, but enjoyed as a bit of holiday fluff.

2. Shannon says:

this might be the dumbest ep glee has done. aka i’m not watching

3. K says:

I love glee Christmas eps but I have no idea how they’re going to explain the timeline.

4. Babygate says:

Love all the NY and Sue pics. Hopefully the Christmas episode is as good as it promises to be.

5. TB says:

Who cares. This is just ridiculous. How are they going to explain the absence of Finn and Brittney? Oh that’s right they aren’t mentioned anymore.

• David4 says:

They might as well just did what West Wing did after 9-11 and have a one off special, but instead of terrorism and such having it be about Christmas and fun and singing.

• Montavilla says:

I could see that happening. When Sue Sylvester receives a high-level warning of Christmas cheer, she puts the school on lockdown. The rest of hour is spent as visiting Glee choir alumni explain the meaning of Christmas (ala Sam Seaborn breaking down terrorism) by writing random facts and statistics on the blackboards — and occasionally breaking into song.

6. Author is surely an online researcher on ideal weight loss.

You’ll get no arguments from me to go with a diet this good.

Add a twist of lemon or lime for flavor enhancement. Not only is water calorie free,
    however it flushes out harmful toxins and rejuvenates the body.
    When you were unable to control theireating, also, they are likely to escape controlwith other aspects of their life also.

7. Cathy says:

I don’t care whether the timeline makes sense or not – it’s a TV show, not real life!! I plan to simply sit back, relax and enjoy every festive minute. I’ve loved every Glee Christmas episode so far, I’m certain this will be no exception.

• cjinsd says:

Thank you for being the voice of reason. I swear some people are so overinvested in TV shows it’s insane. This is not reality, it’s entertainment. Quit taking it so seriously…geez.

8. Erin says:

We’re supposed to believe that those elf stripper outfits were sanctioned by a company that hired them to work with children??

9. Louie says:

Ugh… they’re doing that awful fox song, aren’t they?

10. abz says:

I wonder how they’re gonna explain Santana’s presence in NYC considering she didn’t move there till after Christmas. They’ll probably gloss over it.
    I’m looking forward to the Here Comes Santa Claus performance after I heard that little snippet on youtube.

11. Elaine says:

Where’s Joe and Sugar? How come Glee club only has 10 people? Funny how the students disappear in the middle of the school year or semester.

• Brian says:

Gee Elaine, if you actually watched the show (Which it appears you are a troll) you would know that there are only 9 people in the choir room.

• Donald says:

But they’ve stated more than once on the show that they have to have 12 people to compete. That’s why they needed Sam, and then Lauren Zizes later.

12. Sara says:

The fact that they have fox ears and s**t, makes me believe “What Does The Fox Say” will be a song. I dunno if this has already been revealed or not, but either way. That….is lame. I will be skipping that scene. Not a chance will I listen to that song, I don’t care if Glee nails it, it’s like hell in my ear canals.

13. Caro says:

Lea looks beautiful! Schue and Sue look elegant! Don’t care for puppets!

14. 'A' says:

I hope some of you realize FOX asked all their shows (excluding a select few I believe) for Christmas episodes for the month of December. Glee was one of them. So get over it. They had to do one and they did. This was their idea and if you have a problem with it, go talk to the people @ FOX about it and stop complaining here. v_v