TVLine Items: Arrow Targets Spartacus Alumna, Laurence Fishburne Lands HBO Drama and More!

katrinalawA Spartacus star is relocating to Starling City.

Arrow has cast Katrina Law as Ra’s al Ghul’s daughter Nyssa al Ghul, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | Arrow Meets The Flash: Burning Questions Answered

Nyssa is described as a powerful member of the League of Assassins who is seeking out Caity Lotz’s Canary.

Law, whose other TV credits include CSI: Miami and Legend of the Seeker, makes her debut in Season 2’s 13th episode.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• HBO is developing The Right Mistake, a new drama based on the series of novels by Walter Mosley, Deadline reports. Starring Laurence Fishburne, the project enters on Socrates Fortlow, an ex-convict seeking redemption after serving 27 years in prison. Fishburne first portrayed Socrates fifteen years ago in the HBO film Always Outnumbered.

• Bros rejoice: Entourage creator Doug Ellin announced Wednesday that production on the HBO comedy’s big-screen flick begins Jan. 16. “Getting pumped,” he added via Instagram.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

• Anderson Cooper has renewed his contract with CNN, per The Hollywood Reporter. The deal keeps the journalist with the news network through the 2016 presidential election.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, TVLine Items

1. courts says:

I’m still not over Katrina moving to Arrow for a bit. All my Spartacus babies on the same show!

2. nate says:

so is Laurence leaving Hannibal??

3. anakinjmt says:

I get that Talia was just in Dark Knight Rises but couldn’t they have just called her that? Same thing with Dinah not being Black Canary. Still not over that

• Fox says:

Talia and Nyssa are half sisters. Maybe we’ll eventually see Talia on the show.

• wordsmith says:

Or maybe we’ve met Talia already and we don’t even know it…

• wordsmith says:

I realize that they might catch flak for ripping off Dark Knight Rises, but seriously, how cool would it be if Isabel turned out to be Talia? It would make Summer Glau’s casting suddenly make a whole lot more sense.

• Andy says:

Talia is a daughter of Ra’s, but so is Nysaa. They are two separate characters in the DC universe.

• Alan says:

but if dinah was black canary then we would have to deal with katie cassidy playing her and taking up even more screentime from the good actors and nobody wants that. just kill her off and let sara take her place in the main cast already.

• Connie says:

Late comment, but I totally agree with you. I truly don’t believe that Katie Cassidy has the acting chops to portray someone as complex as the Black Canary.

4. Fox says:

I love that Arrow keeps casting actors from Spartacus. So many great actors were on that show and I hope to see more of them appear in Starling City and on the upcoming Flash series.

5. sladewilson says:

Amped about Laurence Fishburne revisiting one of my favorite Walter Mosley characters. And I agree – just name her Talia. I mean, really?

6. Alan says:

in related news the entire cast of spartacus just signed up for appearances on arrow. seriously this is getting a bit ridiculous, do the casting people owe some favours to that cast or something because its beginning to seem like they are the only ones who get parts on the show.

• Leigh says:

It was a great show with talented actors. If casting is going to draw from a particular well, I’m glad it’s one of high quality.

• Brendan says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

• wordsmith says:

Coming out of that show, those actors have a great blend of dramatic chops and action training that makes them an ideal fit for a show like Arrow. Also they’re all very pretty, which again makes them a good fit.

• Rusty says:

I have not watched Arrow. But I think I will get the first season. If they have been getting all the Spartacus folks on the show, it definitely will be worth watching. Spartacus introduced so many fine Aussy and New Zealand actors and actresses and little known US and Brit folks. I always look forward to any of the shows I regularly watch if any of the folks from Spartacus are guest stars. I fell in love with Katrina as soon as she appeared mid season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Hated it when they killed her off at the end of season 2. Am looking forward to her in Arrow.

• Meghan says:

Haters gonna hate. Everyone else is going to appreciate the amazing cast :D