Exclusive

Exclusive Scandal Sneak Peek: Fitz Leaves Mellie For Olivia -- But There's a Twist

It appears Fitz is back to having none of Mellie.

After defending his embattled spouse during a nationally televised interview in last week’s Scandal, Fitz can barely bring himself to look at her — let alone listen to her — in Thursday’s episode (10/9c/ABC). Adding insult to injury, he decides to ice her out while they’re watching the playback of said chivalrous interview. (Oh, Mells…)

RELATED | Scandal Scoop: Olivia’s Mother Speaks!

Of course, his total disregard of the FLOTUS may have less to do with her and more to do with what he does next — and yes, it involves Liv.

Loading video...

1. Lila says:

is anyone else tired of this back and forth yet? i just wish they would go back to normal cases and leave this be for a while.

• Elyse says:

I am!! it’s getting annoying to watch.

• Maryann says:

Never!

• abz says:

I am. Can’t stand Fitz. If they need to have her romance someone, just move the Jack storyline forward already

• ee says:

Totally with you on this. I haven’t found FItz rootable since he killed Verna. I wasn’t keen on Jake but at this point, anyone is better than Fitz. Even Mellie deserves better. Btw, I can’t believe that Fitz’ dad raped her and she didn’t say anything. Can’t believe that their first born is likely Fitz’ brother not son.

• Patrice says:

Fitz killed a murder and an attempted murder and he was one of the victims. Murder is murder, but as of this murderer and attempted murderer’s victims, who just avowed to then destroy me after the murder plot failed, I might have done what Fitz did. Remember Fitz had nothing to do with election rigging.

• Mary says:

I am since a long time ago, can´t stand them! And I knew since I saw the tittle of the episode that there would be scenes involving them:(
      As a caracther I really prefer Mellie, she has more layers than Olivia…and is better acted!

• Lila says:

completely agree with you. Mellie has range and makes the show 10x better!

• Anon says:

Range? Layers? Better acted? LMAO, maybe better lines are written for her on this show since Bellamy Young has been forgettable on every other show.

Mellie is one-note with her constant ranting and raving. She needs to actually do something to advance her talked about so-called political career. All talk but no action

Desperately holding on to a man who does not want her (regardless if either of them are worthy), Mellie will always be the most pathetic character on this show.

Mellie may have reason to be angry but she is now just a bitter character who is projecting her anger onto everyone else instead of fixing her life. This is getting boring.

• Mary says:

Better lines? LMAO, if you are not good, no matter how great the lines are, you won´t make them justice!

• Euvee says:

How classy you are, putting down another actors work to raise another up. *smh* How about we stick to critiquing the characters on the show and not the actors themselves? Cheers.

• Anthony Rock says:

I find the Mellie character pathetic, depressing and sad. I am not one to enjoy abuse nor seeing anyone involved in an abusive relationship. Mellie’s one layered pining after a man who cannot stand her is overdone. Enough is enough. Kindly let the character move on and show me the other layers you talk about. I’m tired of this one trick pony.

• Anthony Rock says:

I am tired of the back and forth. Either stay the course or break them up for good. Enough is enough. I just ask that if they are going to break them up again, kindly let it be done on some hot passionate make out session.

• scandalfool says:

• Alisha says:

Honestly I’m not tired of any of them every act every actor and actress plays a part in it all shonda didn’t write the characters to be liked she wrote to show the humanity the flaws in people and in life. Not everything is black and white in life and I don’t mean race I mean there’s a gray area in everything that most people try to over look but its there. You don’t have to except it but understand just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the right, so to speak, to exist. If you don’t like it become a writer throw up some cash and create a perfect story with a perfect unflawed happily ever after. And bet someone would still complain ah humans.

2. Josh says:

Ugh FItz is the worst….I just don’t get what characters like Liv, Mellie and Cyrus see in him.

• Noelle says:

I know, because Liv, Cyrus and Mellie are pillars of goodness…

I hope you can sense my sarcasm.

• Josh says:

I can because I think I have better reading comprehension than you do considering I did’t say anywhere that
        1) What makes Fitz the worst is that he’s not a “pillar of goodness”
        2) That any of those three are pillars of goodness
        3) I want them to be pillars of goodness.

What makes Fitz the worst isn’t that he’s an a-hole, is that he’s whiny, childish, passive and impudent. Liv, Mellie and Cyrus might whine from time to time but they are people of action. They take life by the, you know what, and do what needs to be done. They manipulate, they lie, they ruin lives.

With Fitz I haven’t seen anything that makes me go “Oh he’s in the same league” or “he deserves to be better President”. What’s worse is Liv, Mellie and Cyrus keep talking about how they need to believe in Fitz, work with Fitz, so he can be the Fitz he is meant to be. Well it’s been three years and all I see is a horrible President who’s obsessed with his mistress.

• Elizabeth says:

Bless this comment.

• Elaine says:

Ditto. Even if Shonda writes a really painful and honorable or whatever reason why Fitz did what he did (or that he didn’t do what he thought he did), I’m still not on Team Fitz. Olivia is far from perfect but she deserves better than someone who would kill one of his best friends to keep from exposing a secret that would ruin him. Kill. With his own bare hands.
            A friend. I adore this show, but I seriously consider hitting FF whenever Fitz and Olivia are romantic (or when he’s begging her to be). Nope. I’m am so over those two. Of course, in a TV drama, no couple ever stays happy for long.. that’s a given. I just look forward to the time when an entirely new man comes into the picture for our Liv.
            Fricking Amazing Show. I wouldn’t miss it.

• Jess says:

If I could upvote this comment, I definitely would.

• Anthony Rock says:

I don’t understand why you would up vote this comment.
            Stop for a moment and think about the Verna/Fitz situation… Was it not Verna who paid an assassin to murder him?
            Had he allowed Verna to Liv, just what do you think would have happened to Mellie, Cyrus, Liv, him and the entire country?

• Kella says:

Exactly this!

• name says:

This. Fitz sucks.

• Mary says:

I wouldn´t say it better:)

• ee says:

Well said, Josh. Thank you for articulating my thoughts.

• Nia says:

Spot on. To quote Frank Underwood form House of Cards, “There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong and useless pain, the sort of pain that’s only suffering. I have no patience for useless things.” Fitz here has time and patience only for useless one.

• DiDi says:

I know he looks like the kids that doesn’t belong but he’s definitely doing the same thing as the others around him. Fitz is a master strategist who just happens to not be type-A. He’s lazy. He loves the easy path. Therefore him hand picks his inner circle with the sole purpose that they’ll do the work for him.
          He can hang with the big boys. Don’t let his whining fool you. P.S I too think he’s a sap but a sap with a plan is a better suited title for him.

• clearhaven says:

Even before Fitz killed Verna, I’ve never really been team Olitz. A woman like Olivia deserves a single dedicated man, and not be some married man’s side chick who is by the way helping him ruin his marriage AND family.

• Anthony Rock says:

Ruin what marriage? Fitz and Mellie was over long before Liv came on the scene. Why do some of you continue to hold to this dead decaying horse?
            What family? Where is the family? Why do some of you continue to hold to this dead decaying horse?
            Fitz is in love with an incredible woman who is his reason for breathing… Get over it.

• clearhaven says:

He’s got kids, and a wife. It would have been preferable if he had divorced Mellie before taking on another woman. Now that he has done so while he is married, there appears to be little to no hope that their marriage could be fixed. Btw, Fitz and Mellie weren’t long over before Olivia came in, they were just okay. Fitz taking Liv made him slack even more on his marriage. I don’t hate Olivia, heck I don’t hate any of the three. But their relationship is wrong, even if it seems Fitz has ‘good reasons’ for doing what he is doing.

P.S: I have gotten over it. Besides the producers could add some new twist to the story in future that could alter all our mindsets. We’ll just have to wait and see :p

• Maryann says:

He inspires my loyalty, just as he inspires theirs. It is organic, not logical.

• Anthony Rock says:

Liv sees the love of her life.
      Cyrus sees his meal ticket to the halls of power.
      Mellie needs medication.

3. mrenee says:

Good grief already! This entire Ferris Wheel thing…round and round and round we go. In or out Olivia. Mellie or Olivia? No, how about Fitz chooses himself for once and he cuts them both off in the second half of the season. He works on himself. Let Olivia get her mind right–she’s a hot mess. Enter someone who might actually want Fitz and Olivia can go back to the case of the week. Let her find someone that she can love, for real. Olivia loves the idea that Fitz loves her. Olivia loves that Fitz can throw down. Real Fitz–she couldn’t care less about. This is a bad addiction. Enough of the burner phone. I’m burned out.

4. Larc says:

Been there, done that.

5. Stormy says:

Fitz is an idiot who doesn’t know what he wants any more than he knows what he HAS. I have never liked him and I think the show would be much better on a case by case basis and just move ON already.

• Stormy says:

I should amend this a little. I do like the backstory…just wish it would STAY a back story. I don’t think Fitz and Olivia “belong” together and I’m really tired of the angst. They’re not teenage vampires, after all. The much more compelling story at the moment is Mom and Dad…keep that coming, please.

• Anthony Rock says:

Have you been watching the same Scandal that I have been watching? You know the one that shows on ABC at 10PM EST? I don’t think you have.
      Fitz knows what he wants. He wants Liv. He does not want Mellie. He adores Liv. Why have you not picked up on this for 3 seasons now?

• Fitz wife says:

Finally someone in this post makes sense!!!! Preach…. I love fitz & liv and I believe fitz has always chosen liv she’s the one that needs to make up her mind!!!

• singsongsoy says:

If Olitz ends, so does Scandal. Olitz is the heart of the show. Case of the week? Please, the audience would shrink and the show would be canceled.

6. Kaston says:

The character Mellie needs therapy and lots of it. She doesn’t need a man or a child; she needs to take care of herself. I cannot see her with any love interest until she gets help. Right now her character looks totally different than before. I don’t know why the writers didn’t just let her be hardcore, instead of adding the rape. They didn’t do that with any other characters. They’re not going to show any of the men being molested or raped. Cy and Hollis have killed people, but they haven’t had to explain their motivations, we know why, they love power and being in control.
    The character of Olivia Pope has become very popular and the love affair is the center of the show, that’s not going to change, that’s what brought so many people to Scandal. There are times when the affair is on the back burner for a few episodes and there are times when it’s a major part of the story. I love Scandal and will continue to watch it faithfully, but they didn’t have to soften this character up, because now she just doesn’t look the same, she’s still on that couch with disgusting Big Jerry. Therapy is what’s needed at this point. As always I look forward to the next episode.

• Anthony Rock says:

Preach! Very astute. Couldn’t have said it better myself. The character of Mellie is pathetic and depressing. This pining after a man who cannot stand the very sight of her is ridiculous. How many times does Fitz have to tell her he wants no part of her? He hides away in the bathroom to speak to his one true love and she’s behind the door eavesdropping…. come on now… PATHETIC.
      I will say this -If Fitz and Liv are no more, then I see no purpose for this show. I will be no more with it as well.

7. Rylan says:

Mellie is the worst. The sympathy thing they did with her, doesn’t justify the cruel things she is still doing 15 yrs later. Inducing her labor anyone?

• Sen says:

We’re comparing inducing labor to rape? Really? Really?

• Anon says:

Yes, the rape happened to a grown woman who decided not to seek counseling. Inducing labor can harm a fetus and Baby Teddy may have developmental issues. Mellie harmed an innocent baby for selfish reasons.

• Josh says:

Wow…this was a scary comment. WTF is wrong with you. I’m not saying this in defense of Mellie but in grown women who were raped who did not seek counseling. A comment like that is incredibly callous.Many women don’t seek counseling…It’s not “their” fault for doing that..Geez. Nice victim shaming.

• Anon says:

Mellie comes from rich well educated background so she has no excuse for her actions like inducing labor to save a dead marriage so she can remain First Lady. Yes, I feel sympathy for her rape but that does not make her a “saint”.

She has done heinous things herself – voter rigging which resulted in multiple deaths and in her husband having to kill Verna to protect the members of the cabal, forging the President’ signature (treason), etc.

They are all terrible people so I don’t get all the hate for only Fitz.

• Josh says:

Fitz killing Verna is her own fault. And I’m saying inducing labor wasn’t bad. I thought that was pretty horrible of her to do, but I just don’t agree with your comment that Mellie could have just sought help and be okay with what happened. Nor did I agree with anyone who says Mellie being raped is an excuse for all the bad things she does. Mellie is complicated and I like that.

As for the Fitz hate, I think it’s because he sort of weakens everyone else around him. He makes Olivia a mess, Mellie a whiner, Cryus a nervous wreck, and he doesn’t add anything to the show the way these others do. For all her faults, Mellie is a great villain who I sympathize with, same with Cryus(he’s a villain too…). But I don’t root for Fitz. I don’t want Olivia with Fitz. Fitz means very little to me.

• Morgan says:

I’m no Mellie fan, but I saw her not reporting the rape as being unselfish. She was brutalized and no one knows what she would have done the next day if Fitz hadn’t told her what he would like to hear from his father. She used the rape to help Fitz. I think that moment shaped her into what she later became. I also think that was the beginning of the end for their marriage because of her later decisions. Cyrus berated her for not dropping everything and being a trophy wife. Jerry called her an asset. She became what was expected of her after that rape. Granted, she is now an evil bitch. But she became what they all wanted and expected.

• Euvee says:

I believe there is no standard on how to react when raped and yeah, it may be viewed as unselfish of Mellie not to have reported the rape BUT the fact that she used that incident to manipulate her first steps into the White House via Governorship for Fitz, shows she truly is a deadly political animal. That character has serious mental issues & needs therapy. Her obsession with Fitz, absolute thirst for power & pretend marriage/love is a cry for help.

• Anthony Rock says:

So she became what they all wanted… Well now Fitz don’t want her and has told her so innumerable times. Shouldn’t she do what he wants and cut him loose and get on with her life?

• Anthony Rock says:

Both are bad. Which do you think is worse?

• Maria says:

Olivia’s dad is the worst. Cyrus is #2 of the worst. Mellie kept quiet about being raped and possibly impregnanted by her father-in-law to help her husband realize his dream. Not to mention giving up her own career to be his “little woman”. Then the husband cheats on her
      again and again. Mellie being bitter and twisted is pretty damn understandable. I’m not making excuses for her, I’m just sayin’.

• Ovethinking says:

As a woman this is why I cannot stand Mellie. Her moves from the begining have been very calculated – for her to achieve political creditability/standing. Well she has it. As one of the reporter’s said a few episodes ago ‘Mellie has enough to start her political career’…………… For crying out loud Mellie grow some First Lady size balzzs and get a divorce already. The emotional turmoil she is putting up with from Fitz is not worth it. I hope that if they get elected for a 2nd term that the next day Mellie files for divorce and moves on with her life. Enough is enough!!!!

• Penny says:

I kind of want Mellie to divorce his wishy washy ass team up with Olivia and take the white house.

• Josh says:

I think she can’t divorce though. Not yet. FItz cheats on her and she’s still betrayed as the bad guy to the American public. What will happen to her political career if she seeks a divorce?

• Ovethinking says:

I think divorce is totally doable. They would use OPA to fix it so Mellie political career wouldn’t suffer. Remember last season the plan Fitz laid out for Mellie about how they would get a divorce when they were both visiting Cyrus in the hospital after his heart attack. Well, Olivia had come up with the plan. That plan was excellent and Mellie would have walked away with her political career credability still intact. I am not sure how much emotional abuse Mellie is willing to take. But having her husband say to her in front of Olivia………….this is me telling you I am in love with another woman……..or stuff like what happened in the above video clip makes me smh in dismay. The divorce request needs to come from Mellie. She is holding on to something that has long been dead and not even her twisted definition of love can be an excuse to stay in this marriage.

• Anthony Rock says:

She put herself in this position by going on national television to air her dirty laundry. And why cannot she divorce Fitz? Has Fitz not asked her for a divorce already?

• clearhaven says:

I don’t if it’s just me, or some people are so focused on Mellie’s faults that they want to deem Fitz’ relationship with Olivia as excusable. I don’t know how some people don’t see this as skeevy.

• Anthony Rock says:

How can you call true love skeevy? Fitz and Mellie had been over for years before Liv came on the scene. What is skeevy about this? I look forward to your comments on the VP’ family dynamics next.

• Maryann says:

Mellie’s lost my sympathy when she didn’t tell Fitz what his father had done and didn’t scream. She took a terrible thing like this and uses it to her political advantage. And let’s not kid ourselves. She just wants Fitz to succeed Coe her own aggrandizement.

• Maryann says:

Darned autocorrecting iPad. I meant to say she just wants Fitz to succeed for her own aggrandizement.

• Penny says:

I say what I’m about to say not knowing your life, and that is fine… I hope you never have to endure a rape. It took years for me to even speak to anyone about my rape. Given the predicament they were in? I doubt she’ll even say a word about it until they are out of the public eye. She used it to manipulate Fitz’s father… sure… but what else were her options? She could come forward… and I’m sure Jerry would have bought a spin machine who would have slut shamed her to high hell saying she came on to him.. or she asked for it. Or she did it to manipulate him to help his son. It would have tanked Fitz’ career, and left her humiliated and still dealing with PTSD from the event. It would have ruined her career prospects and that is just the middle road. She’d be ever known as the “girl that cried rape” against Jerry. At that stage? I don’t think they would have had the platform or power to fight back. Mellie did what she has always had to do. I don’t think 15 years ago Mellie would have had the gladiators like Liv and her company. Just think of how much of a joke Monica Lewinski turned into… that would have been the future Mellie had faced. The butt of joke… and that is being optimistic. She threw away her dignity to help Fitz and it formed a manipulative monster. She took that and she donned it as her armor. It’s why she is the best at what she does… and its part of what makes her so tragic.

• ee says:

I am more than sorry you endured such a horror, Penny. I wish all the best to you. I am sorry that you come to a silly tv site and have to deal with naive views on such a traumatic experience. Hopefully people educate themselves so you and others don’t have to keep explaining it to others. All my best.

• clearhaven says:

I am so sorry about your past, but I am glad you posted this so people could understand Mellie’s character. People can’t seem to understand, or maybe they just can’t apply this to a real situation. The producers of the show may make mellie seem manipulative or whatever in the future of the show, but she really is a compelling character. Imagine what she is putting up as a wife? I mean, for a man who does not deserve an ounce of what he’s getting. She’ll do anything to see him progress, from the terrible, to illogical, to embarrassing… It really isn’t always about her, the things she does.

• scandalfool says:

Every situation of rape is terrible and I’m sorry for what you personally went thru, but In the context of a television show and what we know about Mellie, she was not traumatized. She used the rape to manipulate both Fitz and Jerry, she saw an opportunity to make Fitz do what she wanted. She told Cyrus she would get Fitz in line. Everyone is using Fitz+ to achieve their goals, not his. He never wanted this and at that time, Fitz cared about Mellie, no need to spin anyhing. Liv is the only one who major function is to use him, that is why he loves her. If Mellie truly loved Fitz it wouldn’t matter if he was Governor or President and she would have told what his father did to her.

8. Euvee says:

It seems he is deep in thought due to the shock of finding out Eli is Liv’s Dad. He is more angry at Liv than anything else, at least going by the first sneak peak where he lays into her (Liv) about her dirty little secrets. Make no mistake, the Grants are still at war. The unfortunate incident in the flashback hasn’t suddenly erased the ‘war of the Grants’.

9. Amy says:

I’m fatigued by Olivia and Fitz. Its each of them being shown looking pained then a phone call. Enough. Move onto other stories and but their teen angst on the backburner for awhile.

10. Chablis says:

I agree Fitz be presidential. Do something presidential. Olivia take an interesting case. More Harrison, please.

11. Anon says:

People need to stop whining about Olivia and Fitz. They are the lead couple and attracted the audience to the show. If you are bored with them, then stop watching the show.

The most boring (and dumb) character on Scandal is actually Jake who should not have been made a regular cast member. Even recurring cast member James Novak is more interesting.

• Morgan says:

OMG, you are reading my mind. Jake is a useless character. I wish Quinn had lost her virginity killing him. And David needs to return in some capacity.

• abz says:

Not everyone began this show for Olivia and Fitz. IMO, their love affair has always been the least interesting or entertaining thing on the show

• clearhaven says:

OMG. Thank you for this comment.

• Anthony Rock says:

Without the Fitz/Liv dynamic what is the purpose for the whole set of characters of the White House? Without the Fitz/Liv dynamic Mellie and everyone else in those subplots become irrelevant. So what are we left with then? Liv just doing what? Cleaning up other people scandal week in week out? Don’t you see how boring and two dimensional that would quickly become?
        The name of the show is Scandal. Why should the leads not have scandals of their own?
        More Fitz and Liv please.

• abz says:

I personally enjoyed the weekly cases, the election plot and that Amanda storyline way more and all the other stuff with Quinn, etc. I didn’t mind the Liv/Fitz stuff in the beginning. It was okay and somewhat interesting and it was also a lure for viewers interested in the romance aspect of the show only, but third season in, its time to move away from all things Olitz IMO. He shows her a house and all of sudden she melts and forgets all about the mother she thought was dead being killed by her father and prez lover. They are both acting stupid, and the back and forth is boring and annoying because there is NO future for them whatsoever. There is no hope for them. Nothing to root for. It’s all fantasy. They know it, the viewers know It (although many are in denial), and even Shonda knows I guarantee. They will never be truly happy and together without any backlash. He will always be seen as the prez who cheated and left his wife for his mistress and she will always be seen by the public as the mistress that broke up a presidential marriage. He also wants to run for a second term and that’s another thing keeping them apart. Plus the fact that Fitz just makes Liv a stupid lovestruck teenage girl is annoying when she was just starting to get back on track this season to being the badass Liv from season 1 that many of us started watching for.
          With regards to the other characters, we have gotten to know them enough that they wouldn’t become irrelevant and many viewers are invested in them that they can continue with their own stories regardless of Fitz/Liv.

• singsongsoy says:

So if Olivia and Fitz are minimized, you think that would make Scandal more interesting with lame case of the week episodes? LOL can’t stop laughing. Evidently you didn’t see S1. Ppl tuned in to see KW, but stayed for TG. FACT. This is the only reason ppl are still tuning in inspite of pitiful writing in S2 and S3 until 308. FACT. Without Olitz, Scandal is nothing.

• abz says:

You’re acting as if Olivia can’t exist as a character on her own without Fitz, I never said to minimize the characters, just their “romantic” relationship with one another. And you yelling “FACT” about everything doesn’t really mean much at all because you have no evidence to back it up. What, you’re a mind reader? You know for a FACT that scandal viewers thought season 2 and the first half of 3 was pitiful writing? Just stop. I get it. You’re obsessed with Olitz and you probably couldn’t care less about any storyline on the show that doesn’t have to do with their romance.
          With regards to KW vs. TG, I definitely don’t “stay” for TG. He isn’t even in my Top 3 favorite characters. I tune in for Kerry more than him. I did see the first season and I had no problem with it the first two seasons. If you’re happy continuing to watch this annoying back and forth of a romance that has no hope or a future any time soon, be my guest. I’ll continue to watch for what I enjoy from the show.

• Mary says:

I, for once, wasn´t attracted to the show due to Olivia and Fitz at all! Actually, they are the reason I´m watching less!

• cas says:

I agree. I love Olivia and Fitz. I think they have great chemistry. However, I am well aware it’s going to be a slow burn considering that he is married, and he is the president.

12. Sara says:

That’s why I say Shonda screwed up when she got Scott Foley to play Jake. She should have casted a much more exciting and interesting actor to play Jake. Scott Foley is just way to bland and boring for you to be able to get into the Jake character. I love Olitz, but even I wouldn’t mind if they had someone else distract Liv for awhile (after she gets over her current issues). But with the current Jake I can never buy he’s competition for Fitz.

• Morgan says:

Scott Foley was great in The Unit, but I want him to die quickly on this show. And I want to see him die so that there are no questions about his fate. I’m talking old school Huck.

• Jewels says:

Really? Scott Foley boring? heh You must be watching a different program. GRANTED…his storyline since getting out of the box is weaker than I’d like…but he…is definitely someone I wouldn’t kick out of bed.

• Maryann says:

Scott Foley boring? You have GOT to be kidding me. I never thought they could introduce a character that I would enjoy seeing Liv with other than Fitz, but he is certainly it.

13. Clearly everyone hates this guy. I wish he had been assassinated when that whole thing happened. Just get him out of office and either dead or gone. I hate him so much. The show would be one thousand times better without him.

• mmel says:

no, not everyone hates this guy. The ones always looking to blame him for everything hates him. You must be be a newbie to think that killing Fitz would make the show better. You do realize he was a big reason this show got popular, now people like you want him gone, well too bad. I think that is one of the reasons I dislike Jake so much because people want to prop a character who has done nothing for this show, and tear down a character that was instrumental in getting the show to where it is. I remember when everyone was hating on this show and it was OLITZ that was used to sell it to the masses. I happened to fall in love with Fitz with all his faults for 2 seasons and a half and no matter how much the writers tear him down I will be there for him.

• Mary says:

No, not eveyone!

• Mary says:

Posted on the wrong place:) I meant not everyone hates Jake, not Fitz. Altough I don´t hate Fitz too, but he surely is not my favourite. But com on, he belongs in the show, what would be the story without him? What I really can´t stand anymore are the Olivia/Fitz thing, annoys me to hell!

14. james says:

I think this show is getting a bit too silly. Wish they would just focus on the cases and leave this silly love rectangle alone. So far this show is nothing but childish love stories mixed in with really intriguing cases that they just tend to ignore now. Everything in this show is now based on something that has to do with a love interest.

15. steve says:

I am sick to death of Liv/Fitz/Millie can we just get back to the CASES PLEASE!!!!

16. GTS says:

I’m glad they put a warning about the content at the end of the clip, and have written it and are saying it in commercials. Having nothing last week, not even a trigger warning after an ad break, with Mellie’s rape seemed inappropriate.

17. Danielle says:

I am so sick of the Fitz phone. I wish Liv would burn it already. I’m past tired of Fitz and Liv. Liv and Fitz remind me of love sick teenagers. I’m just over it, over them. I want to see Liv with a new man, preferably Jake.

• abz says:

This is what I want t happen!! Just move on already!

• Rebecca says:

I just started watching the show last month and I definitely did not start for Fitz and Olivia. Olivia deserves so much better than Fitz. He is, by far, my least favorite person on this show right next to Cyrus.

• singsongsoy says:

Watch Season #1. Without this background you probably don’t understand the phemom that is Olitz. Everything hinges on Season 1. And you will understand it.

• abz says:

Why do you keep assuming that just because people are sick of Olitz or sick of Fitz that means they don’t understand their purpose? I’m sure the majority understands the purpose of their relationship in creating the foundation of the show during the first season. That doesn’t mean they have to obsess over it like some people and not be sick of the back and forth that keeps happening.

18. Patty says:

I really question why half of you even watch the show.

I love it, I love all the characters too. However, because this a Shonda Rhimes show, I’ll be keeping my expectations low. Look at Grey’s I stopped watching ages ago because of the writers. I stopped watching Private Practice early too. I like that Scandal has been very different from those two and I hope it stays that way.

You can’t fault a character on television for things if the writers aren’t giving them “more presidential” scenes. Lets blame Fitz because we don’t see him being the president!

• Diane says:

I agree with u I still love the show. Everybody’s a critic these days, complaining all the time. Not a lot of positivity out there for scandal at the mo. It’s amazing that if aspects of the show are such a turnoff for some people, why they continue to watch.I’m happy with tv for entertainment & when a programme starts to be not entertaining for me, I watch something else, no big deal. I respect peoples opinions but the negativity seems to be contagious. I’m happy to see where this season goes, but that’s just me.

• Lila says:

i dont disgaree with either of you. i fell in love with the show because of the cases. they had different cases and very different circumstances. that to me is why the show was unqiue. now it is two cases that have dominated the season and both involve fitz.

19. Lolita says:

I love this show, and all the people who play in it. It so such a fun show to watch, it has a little bit of all aspects of real life. I will always be a Liv and Fitz fan. The chemistry these two have is something else.They are the reason the show is such a hit. People get angry a lot about things that happen during an episode, but we all must remember it is television , not a reason to get mad because someone does not agree with you. Peace.

20. Janet says:

Sometimes love is messy like Fiz and Liz. I don’t know why everyone is complaining so much! It can’t be Scandal without the scandalous relationships and such. Just enjoy the show for what it is people.. Plus there hasn’t been any “olitz” for a while and it doesn’t make sense but love doesn’t make sense ;)

21. Euvee says:

Have folks forgotten that the Grants are at war? Did it take just one unfortunate incident in a calculated, revisionist flashback episode to erase that fact from the minds of Mellie ‘stans’? *Quick reminder*, the Grants are still at war, Fitz & Olivia are still in love, Rowan is still ‘the thing that goes bump at night’, Jake is still a useless & somewhat homeless + jobless character, Huck is still a killer, Harrison & Abby are still ‘over a cliff’ Gladiators with little or no storyline, Quinn (my favourite character behind Fitz & Olivia) has fallen down the rabbit hole with Charlie the enabler, David is still a useless character, Sally & her hubby are still in the white house plotting to up one over Fitz and lastly, Cyrus the political monster is still being a monster and abusing his adorable husband.

22. cas says:

A few things…
    1. Mellie made her bed a long time ago, while I do feel bad for some of the things she has gone through, some were her own doing.
    2. None of us even know how Fitz is doing at running the country as they barely show any scenes revolving around that, so we shouldn’t just assume he isn’t presidential enough.
    3. Fitz and Olivia are always going to have complications, he is married and the president. He can’t just walk away from that. I think it’s crazy people think they should just move on already. Do you just walk away when you are in love?
    4. So over hearing about Fitz killing Verna. She was on her deathbed (which doesn’t make it right but since it’s TV I feel it does) and she was an evil b**ch. So in my mind he put her out of her misery.
    5. Constantly blaming Fitz for Mellie’s turmoil is getting old too.
    6. I like Jake but he’s not for Olivia.
    7. Considering what a disgusting pig Fitz has for a father, I would say he turned out rather decent.

• clearhaven says:

@no 3, If the guy you love is already taken, married or not, you should move on. There is no real victory in being the main woman in a man’s life when he had to kill a relationship(even if it was already dysfunctional) because of you. Series or not, it’s unpleasant.

23. DRush76 says:

I hate to say this, but despite the chemistry between Kerry and Tony, I felt a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach when Olivia finally capitulated to Fitz . . . again, and when Mellie realized that they had resumed their affair. This is the first time I had experienced that hollow feeling, while watching this show.

24. dpcak says:

i agree with Euvee. and really people its just a tv show. no one is forcing you to watch it. don’t like it. turn the station.

25. singsongsoy says:

It’s interesting to read comments about how much ppl hate Fitz … but are still watching him on the show. Scandal is indeed addictive whether particular episodes are good or bad, most can’t stop watching. So Fitz must be doing something that pulls.

26. Anita says:

I came across this website curious to find out why Stephens character had been cut. I was surprised to find another drama going on in the comments section. It’s a TV show. All the sctors get paid to say and do what is written for them… Then they go home. It’s not real. No need to love or hate any of it and especially no reason to insult REAL people for their opinions of fake ones.

27. David says:

Ok all of you guys are extremely wrong so what if fitz and liv love each other all of you guys have to stop whining they loved each other since the start and remember Jake is a bad guy to

28. Auri says:

I think Olivia’s character is looking weaker and weaker. She is being tossed between Fitz and Jake, they are playing her! Momma Pope called her the help and Daddy Pope said she should aim higher. I have to agree. And after all of Liv’s agonizing, Fitz tell Liv, he can’t handle Mellie having a man on the side…. Her character really seems like the dummy and the help if she can’t see this thing for what it is.