New Spoiler Alert!: Will Sons of Anarchy Kill Tara? Plus — Scoop on The Mentalist's Grand Finale

blog_spoiler_11.19.13Sons of Anarchy boss Kurt Sutter wouldn’t dare kill off Tara, would he?

Matt Mitovich and I tackled that divisive question in this week’s Spoiler Alert!, and here’s the answer we (very quickly) arrived at: No, he sure as hell wouldn’t.

Press PLAY below to find out why we’re so confident Jax’s embattled bride is out of harm’s way.

RELATED | Maggie Siff to Sons of Anarchy Fans: Don’t Give Up on Jax and Tara

Also in the latest Sp’lert: Fresh intel on The Mentalist‘s big Red John finale, speculation on Saul and Brody’s big season-ending adventure on Homeland, our reaction to Scandal‘s mother of all twists, and — last but not least — predictions!

1. angelwings says:

I don’t give a damn what Tara did to Gemma. The reason she’s dead to is because she purposefully made the man she claimed to love mourn the loss of his dead child which never existed just so she could cut him out of the lives of his other two sons. You never do that to someone you love. So she can die or leave I don’t care as long as she’s long gone.

• Carol says:

Being the leader of a club means you have to do for the good of the club, not just your own personal life. Tara has been scheming behind Jax’s back, hiring lawyers, making plans. He now knows what she was planning but now she has witnessed the murder of Clay. I believe Jax is very stupid if he allows her to stay around with that knowledge knowing she can not be trusted.

• Joey says:

If you look at Jax with the eyes of understanding his fathers vision for the club, then you also realize Jax is an idealist. It might be less of thinking he can’t trust her, and more of him not ever believing she would be so cruel. When you involve yourself with a group such as an outlaw mc, it is stepping into a different universe,with it’s own values, morals, ethics and mode of justice.

• Considering he almost lost his boys and his wife to a club house explosion and didn’t try to get them the hell out of Charming tells me he probably didn’t mourn the loss of this fake unborn child. I think the only person he’d mourn is his mom with his weird Oedipus complex thingy he’s got going on.

• Alyson says:

Well, how about the fact that Jax has repeatedly cheated on her when the going got tough, left her out of decisions, and completely disregarded all the crap Clay put her through by not offing him when he had the chance? What she’s done has been for the sake of her “boys” and to want a better life than the club life for them. Jax knows all this (having even said it). Given the chance, Gemma would’ve done the same thing if it meant keeping her boys. I don’t think Jax is going to do anything about Tara because she’s ultimately the love of his life and what she’s done has only been for the sake of their children. Everything she’s done as been a direct result of the decisions Jax has made that have impacted her life.

2. You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

A reboot is to ignore everything that came before like it never happened. These are more like revamps than reboots.

• dude says:

I agree that they’re more revamps than reboots but a slight correction. Reboots are more about cleaning the slate. They’re generally either going back to the beginning and completely retelling the story (like The Amazing Spider-Man for instance) or continuing the basic premise with an entirely new cast (like 9O21O or Degrassi). That’s probably what you meant but I just thought I’d clarify.

• Well, Star Trek TNG was not a reboot, it was a continuation. Same premise/new cast wouldn’t really be a reboot. Even when TNG rehashed an old script from TOS that wasn’t a reboot EVEN though it technically followed the rules of one, heh. Had they pretended that the original never happened, then it would have been a reboot for sure.

• TV Gord says:

Yep. It’s frustrating when people misuse that word.

• DarkDefender says:

The best revamp coming… Will be the rise of Eric Northman from his lawn chair hellfire.
      Mark.My.Words.
      #waitingsucks

3. Rovonne says:

I truly hope Michael is right. If Tara dies, I’m done with SoA.

4. enri says:

Thanks for info on the mentalist.

• cmaglaughlin says:

This build up of Sunday’s “The Mentalist” takes me back long ago to the same build up of “The Fugitive.” (and the revealing of the one-armed bandit who killed the main character’s wife). I believe it set a record for most watched TV series program!

5. JoyAnne says:

I just signed up for spoiler alerts as I get so frustrated as a deaf person that the spoilers here are not CC

6. CBWBDK1 says:

Maybe Lisbon, Cho and Jane will work with the FBI and solve larger cases.

7. cindy says:

I wish I cared about Tara’s fate – her death might be easier than this plotline. Though it would be a great twist to find out that she and Jax put this plot in motion together. The only episodes I’ve enjoyed thus far this season were the ones in which the SOA boys were helping out friends of the club. The rest has been confusing and/or snooze-worthy. Much fast-forwarding on the DVR.

8. This was my favorite Spoilers ever since I watch each and every single one of these shows! Ah, so much good TV.

9. Mia says:

Tara’s needs to go away or die. Simple

10. Justin says:

Tara is not going to die, she is Horatio.

11. Tran 2.0 says:

Really starting to hate Tara on SoA this season. As for Homeland with only four episodes left in Season Three, are they going to find out the identity of the person responsible for moving Brody’s car and the Langley bombing attack in last season’s finale? It may not be Quinn but could be either Dar Adal (F. Murray Abraham) or Bennett (Martin Donovan) or someone else. They were right about Homeland being like 24 and it is.

12. Maryann says:

If Tara is gone, then so am I. Nothing Tara has done is worse than Gemma framing Tara and being complicit in the murder of Tara’s father. In fact, I am waiting to see what happens to Tara before I actually watch this season.

13. Heather says:

Tara isn’t going anywhere. My friend works on the crew. She’s here to stay, like it or not.

• Pam says:

I like it. I don’t want Tara to die. Gemma can go.

• laylaJ. says:

Thank you Heather glad to hear that..don’t understand all the hate for Tara yes I know what she did blah blah but compared to her having to always prove herself over and over saving peoples lives who have spit on her even Jax breaking promises her always loving the boys and Jax, Gemma gets a pass so should Tara!

• Cort says:

Agreed…every last major character on SOA has done some crazy “unforgiveable” crap and while her plan was insane her intentions were good. I’ve been peeved at Jax more so for not getting his family somewhere safe until the dust settles…

• Baltimore says:

I was surprised at the killing of Clay, but I felt there is something about the scene that was very manipulative. I also have a feeling that there is an undercover in the group.,stunning BETRAYAL AHEAD. Tara must survive for those kids and if she has to somehow form alliances with the devil (GEMMA)so be it.

• Jake says:

Totally agree with everything you said. Gemma get’s a pass on ordering the kill on John Teller. Tara get’s crucified for faking a pregnancy, when Jax’ was cheating on her with that MILF whore. Tara loves Jax, and Jax does love Tara. Jax’ has such mommy issues, it is to the point of ridicules.
        Gemma has never stood by her man, she has had them all killed. Honestly people do you really want Gemma raising your kids in a world filled with violence. Jax’ made a fool out of himself by telling the club what Tara did, about the fake pregnancy and the divorce. Once again Jax siding with Queen Gemma. I know Jax is hurt by what Tara did, he betrayed Tara a long time ago. Tara seems like she has lost it, and maybe keeping her babies safe from Gemma and that life has pushed her into survival mode. Jackson promised Tara he would love and protect her and get out of the business. I loved Jax but the hero is now the true villain and Jax can not stand up to his mother. I am never surprised when a main character is killed off. However I got hooked on SOA because of Tara and Jax. I know Maggie Siff who plays Tara has signed on for Season 7 she is also pregnant in real life, and not sure how the writers will work around it. I also know if it does follow Hamlet they all die. Tara and Jax was the best part of SOA, now it is all twisted. Every person has done some type of betrayal on SOA. I giveTARA a pass, she did it to save her children from the she devil Gemma who almost got the kids killed in a car accident because she was higher than a kite, I AM TEAM TARA. The day they put a bullet in Gemma’s smug existent I will jump for joy. SEASON 6 was a hell of a ride. No Tara in S7 I know how the play ends. Will not watch can’t stand Nero, Wayne. JUICE THE RAT only hope Gemma dies a painful death like she deserves.

• J says:

Wrong. She’s dead

14. Ella says:

Well the only thing keeping me watching SoA is Tara, so if she is gone so am I. If it were up to me Gemma would be the one to go. Please!!

15. Beth says:

Tara has lost everything. But I think she is fine with that as long as Thomas and Abel are safe. There were subtle hints that maybe there is hope for Jax and Tara. He didn’t tell the DA he could care less about Tara’s deal and he ran after her after the Colette incident. The look on his face spoke volumes. I am not voting for Tara to die, was the miscarriage wrong? Absolutely, but giving the okay to kill your two sons’ father any better? I think not!

• Soa xD says:

Tara purposely new jake would kill her old boyfriend tara was te one who actually pulled herself in towards him she knew what she was doing jut didn’t know what she was getting into tara deserves what she has commit to her

16. Via Bona says:

So Matt’s already seen the Red John reveal and knows who it is? I wonder if he was right about his guess. Right now, it looks like he was. I’ve thought the same thing about the reboots of both shows. I’m very eager to see what these changes do to the shows and how it impacts some of my favorite characters on both shows: Alicia, Diane, Will and Carey & also Lisbon and Jane.

17. prish says:

The husband says he hopes Patrick Jane gets on with his life, and not live in sadness. His life has been on hold for the past five years, and he needs to put a period on it and start dating. He’s living like a monk without a purpose. I say, here’s hoping!

18. Soa xD says:

Tara is to mini pulsator it shows what kinda person she is o the first season … She knew wat she was doing but did not know what she wa getting into ….

19. Tiffany Warner says:

I absolutely LOVE Matt’s shirt!!

20. I consider these shows to be resetting not rebooting.

21. Annie says:

Jeez – how did I never see the resemblance between Matt and Rupert Friend?! That’s spooky!

22. It immediately transforms your look and is the easiest makeover you can employ.
    Kim Kardashian has at all times been in controversies for one
    or the opposite reason. ” I didn’t make a penny from the wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to Dream Foundation”.

23. Mjay says:

My favorite show. Tara is confused and digging her own hole. Every one on the show did some crazy stuff. Kept a disturbing secret. But Tara is not being discreet enough. Snitches get stitches. If she snitches the sons out and put the Feds on about clays escape and the triple homicide she’s then broke every oath. Her testimony if given with the bullet can only be cancelled out by her death. Gemma probably cleaning up Wendy to get the kids so she can have control of the boys. I just need to know is the show coming on next Tuesday or will it resume the following week with season 7 . It’s a great show And cast keeps me wanting for more. I’m gona miss it when it’s over

24. Racer67 says:

Sons of Anarchy = Hamlet. I think Nero and possibly Juice will have the last laugh. Somehow little Able and baby Thomas will survive but with whom and how? Everyone else dies for sure; especially the evil Queen Gemma who started the whole damn mess from the beginning… Let’s see if Jax will write another entry into his “diary”. Obviously, he mimics his own father on leaving manuscripts for his sons to read. He seems to have a death wish killing the leaders of the Irish and the Chinese? Jax is Hamlet; lost in the shadow of a father he never knew and is determined to leave the same fate for his sons.

25. MG says:

Gemma is going to kill Tara. That is why the episode is titles, “A Mother’s work is never done” :-)

26. Tara is dead. Stabbed in the head with a fork. After her and jax came back together, jax had his life and his familys life all ahead of him after he seen her in tears, gemma or however you spell it is a stupid bitch and she should be the one dead not tara, tara was all great, now who is the boys going to go to, i hope not crazy bitch gemma

27. Mcp says:

Jax will be back with WENDY watch!!! Tara was evil this season but has always been ugly!!

28. Who will figure out that gemma killed tara while kax is in jail?

29. искал в гугле сайдинг grand line отзывы, нашел ваш блог [VIDEO] 'Sons of Anarchy' Death — Killing Off Tara in Season 6 …, спасибо!