NCIS: Your First Impression of Ellie Bishop?

NCIS Ziva's Replacement Ellie BishopCBS’ NCIS, being TV’s most watched drama, embarked on a bold move this Tuesday night by laying the groundwork for a new addition to Gibbs’ team: NSA analyst Ellie Bishop (played by Emily Wickersham). Did the newcomer make a solid first impression?

RELATED | NCIS Season 11 Spoilers — A Blast from Gibbs’ Past!

Though the Oklahoma-bred, food-associating, married info-sponge with three older brothers and not-quite-“Kate-good” drawing skills merely consulted for NCIS in her intro episode, by the end of the hour Gibbs had invited her to work alongside DiNozzo, McGee et all on a full-time basis.

Originally booked for a three-episode look-see, Wickersham was promoted to series regular ahead of her on-screen debut because, as show boss Gary Glasberg explained to us, he and the network brass saw in her early episodes “moments and scenes and a connection with our characters that we all really responded  — emotional moments, fun moments, funny moments that were all there.

“Once we started to see it all come together,” he continued, “the enthusiasm just skyrocketed [and] everyone agreed that we needed to act on it.”

RELATED | NCIS Boss Previews Three Returns and More

But now you get to have your say. Vote in our poll and share your thoughts on the new gal in Comments.

1. George says:

Not sold on her, either they need to mix her character up or bring in someone one who fits the Kate/Ziva mold. Smart, sexy, and tough. She also seems to question Gibbs and to me it seems like she is spying on the team on the down low. And why no gun?

• BJG says:

Kate & Ziva questioned Gibbs constantly when they first joined the team. No gun is because she was assigned to the NSA & their analysts who don’t carry guns. Now that she is an NCIS agent she will carry a gun.

• Joyce says:

Tuesday’s episode Feb 4,2014, Ellie becomes part of the team at the end of the show. So it should change her character.

2. SUE says:

ITS LIKE YOU HAVE APERFECT TASTING DISH, ALL THE WRITE INGRED…….AND YOU CHANGE IT !!! ITS NOT THE SAME AS THE BEST DISH…..YOU GO FOR A FAVOR LESS DISH. ! I DON’T GET IT…WHEN THEY HAVE SOMETHING GREAT..THEYALWAYS HAVE TO CHANGE IT AND IT STARTS TO SMELL!! SHE MAY BE A GOOD ACTRESS BUT SHE IS NOT AS GOOD AS “ZIVA” AND IT CAN NEVER BE AGAIN AS GOOD AS IT WAS. WHY GO BACKWARDS ! DON’T WANT TO SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY FORTHE BEST? OR MAKE ZIVA A CONTRACT SHECAN’T SAY NO TO? ALWAYS THE SHOWS START TO GO DOWN HILL IN TIME. IT HAS FOR ME. I JUST LIKE WATCHING THE REST OF THE CREW WITHOUT THE “NEW GIRL” TAKING ZIVAS SPOT…YOU CAN’T DO T AN HAVE THE SAME HIT SHOW. SORRY

3. Shelly says:

I do not run to the TV to watch anymore. I will eventually watch them because of the rest of the team members. I absolutely do not like Bishop. Cote made her mind up to leave even with good pay being offered. A good part of me thinks it is rude to start something and not finish it. She was a big part of the show. These actors are all for themselves; the hell with the fans being involved in the stories.

• Gerald F. Schneider says:

I can’t say that I dislike her…. I just can’t understand what she is saying. She talks too fast and too much.

• Katie says:

If Cote wanted to move on, that’s her prerogative, but at least replace her with someone who knows how to act and whose character can interact with the other actors. All of a sudden we have this new ‘probie’ who is in every scene while the other actors seem to have nothing to do. There is no chemistry with the others, let alone team camaraderie and the story line has really suffered as a result. What is her ‘job’ actually? I’m afraid this may be the last season for NCIS after this. I certainly don’t care to watch a whole season of Bishop in every scene with the other actors just in the background. I question how Bishop could have begun work at NCIS and suddenly she’s the new team member. That was a fast promotion! The other actors parts have been cut to accommodate Bishop’s exposure.

4. fathee says:

it’s sad that in the end of this season should be like this. I absolutely do not like Bishop! i’ve tried to watch more new episodes i just cant. i love ncis but cant we get the old family back? gibbs, tony, abby, mcgee, ZIVA, ducky and palmer. i’m sorry.

5. 5grandsons says:

Bishop is just a KID and not an AGENT of NCIS sits on the floor to do her work don’t like her or her part stopped watching it

6. Joe says:

at first her appearance my expression was “what the hell? does she really doing such things like kiddo? does gibbs really want her to be part of the team, an agent? like this one?!” lol no. please i do not want this character to be part of the team untill the last season of ncis. this annoyed me.

7. rudy shotts says:

I think NCIS is not the same anymore, I used to love the show with Gibbs, Tony, Tim, Ziva and Abby, but there is no team work anymore. Gibbs has changed too much for my taste, he became a softy, he lets Bishop do what she wants. I also wish that they would bring Ziva back, when she was on the show they all had that special chemistry that is now gone. I only watch the show now to see if they would say anything about Ziva coming back. I guess, I will have to stick to the reruns.

8. jan says:

I loved Kate when she was on the show, but when Ziva was the new character, I loved her, too. So I was prepared to love Bishop as well. However, she doesn’t seem like a competent actress…makes me wonder how she even got her role and did she have an insider pushing her for the part. Every other person on the show has strength and I like every one of them. Since the beginning of NCIS, there is no way I would ever miss an episode and loved all reruns. Now it doesn’t bother me to miss NCIS. And man, I hate that, since it has been my favorite show since the very beginning. To me, it seems that she adds nothing and maybe the show would be better without her. I hate to be critical, but she has no personality or sparkle. I always enjoyed the repartee between all the others, but it seems that there is very little of that concerning her. Very bland. Breaks my heart!

9. Sue says:

I don’t care for Bishop’s character at all. She seems to go back and forth with Gibbs but no chemistry with DeNozzo or McGee or Abby or the rest of the cast. The past several episodes actually have not showed the rest of the team much. Just Gobbs and Bishop.

This is my favorite show and I they have not ruined it.

• Anniva says:

Bishop really ruined it!

• billy ray says:

And the writers pulled a Ziva by having Bishop follow Tony into the men’s room, GIVE ME A BREAK PLEASE! She rammed her car into a bad guy in an earlier ep. like Palmer did. She draws like Kate, thinks she is all Ninja cause she has three older brothers and spent an hour on the pistol range so she is way better than Ziva at fighting and shooting. Can out tech McGee, out analyze Abby. So there is no need for any of these characters any more.The Parsa story line was a badly written Kill Ari 2.0 (can you say Microsoft Vista and New Coke). Gibbs finding her at the batting cage. Remember Gibbs getting all tight with Hollis Mann at the batting cage a couple of years ago? So far this year, the writers have just been rehashing, very badly IMO, old stories. And giving much of the credit/characteristics to Bishop that were previously given to other characters.It’s like I was watching reruns on USA.

Plus the woman playing Bishop can’t act or her directions on how to play the character are horrible.

10. greetasola says:

The last episode when Bishop completely screwed up with the terrorist interview, getting random people killed and yet somehow earning respect from a really bad guy with a candy bar — how ridiculous. It was the perfect opportunity to kill her off, which would have actually been more realistic and then Gibbs could delve into some serious guilt and retribution. But if she had to survive (BOO), any decent boss would have fired her for her horrible job performance, not ask her to be a part of the team. The former character of Gibbs would have immediately sent her packing and he is the guy we actually used to like better than this waffle-headed character the writers have replaced him with. What an absolutely ridiculous storyline and inconsistent characters.
    Good grief, where have the good writers gone? I watched (delayed now) with my fingers crossed that the producers would actually listen to the public. Apparently not.

• billy ray says:

CBS won’t change a thing as long as they are getting a high 2 demo and 18+ million viewers. They are picking up one two Oprah types for every “where did the action/chemistry go” fan like me who has tuned out.

I’ve seem WAY too many comments about how people like Tony exploring his iner self at his men’s group (Yo Tony GROW A PAIR, problem solved) and how Tony and Tim are growing closer, and the love that Gibbs is showing everyone as he mellows, Koombyah, my love Kombyah,,,,,

Sorry NCIS is gone, its now some lame version of Oprah and it ain’t coming back. This day time drama crap is easier to write and cheaper to film than on location action so either get used to it or tun out.

11. Deanie Kaplan says:

Showing too much of HER and not the team….making everyone else look dumb or silly???

12. A blond, baby, sweet, face, weak character is wrong for my used to be favorite show. The writers are clever but what can they do make this baby look like she belongs and can carry on with the wonderful characters they have created. I hate what you have done to my show. Get a woman … not a teen age, skinny;, baby faced blond.

13. Bill Hyatt says:

I rarely take to replacements for characters I really love but I liked Emily the first time she appeared on the show and was glad she was hired as Cote’ d Pablo’s replacement.

14. Lyn Bockmiller says:

I think Bishop will do fine she is smart,a good actress, has a great smile, she can be tough when she needs to be gets along with everyone and now she is a probeeeeee will Tony and tim have fun with that its been a long time since they have had a probeeeeee remember Kate she left to be with her family now she is a ME on a very good show I like it her and Jane are great and Jenny is a Me on some show Hmmmm and Coto co-host a latin american talk show called chance

15. Shelley says:

Of course Ziva leaving was bad. Any one of them leaving would be bad and throw the balance. But the biggest mistake NCIS made was introducing another character so soon. They should have just let the remaining characters carry the show. People were sad, but hey, this was still our show! If they needed a distraction or a love intereat to veer a little attention, they could have sparked up Abby and Magee a bit. Still no need to add another character. They shouldve waited til nxt season. Now I just watch the reruns as I have lost interest even after trying so hard to like the show! But Bishops presence has altered everyone a bit.

16. David says:

I’ve been a fan of this show since it aired, at first I couldn’t understand why they felt the need to bring the Ziva character into the mix in first place, however she grew on me and now I miss her. They should give her a chance to grow on us slowly she is messing up the chemistry of the show, She seems out of place.

17. Katie says:

I’ve watched NCIS since the beginning. The new character of bishop is way off base. So, she sits on top of the desk and spreads papers all over–she just doesn’t fit, and she’s not a good actress. I hope this isn’t the tipping point for NCIS

18. Brenda Keeping says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, get Pablo (Ziva) to come back so I can start enjoying
    NCIS again. I’ve tried watching but tend to get bored & wander away to do something
    else or fall asleep. I know Pablo is a hard act to follow, but Bishop falls waaaaaaaay
    short of the mark.

19. kim says:

Character Ellie Bishop can replace Ziva- yes, Emily Wickerman – NO. NCIS brain trust needs to up the age a little – southern girl with somewhat of a drawl (Tony can pick on her southern speach) caucasian or better yet – a light skin black (mulatto) would fit prefectly. show be easy to fine someone fitting that bill.

• John 1138 says:

Up her age? She’s twenty nine.

• J T says:

I am sorry… I swear to God that I have given it every chance I could .. I know it is ” only ” a television show …..But I simply can no longer watch what is now sadly a shell of a TV series that I, at one time ( prior to the 2013-2014 season ) would not miss because it was written so well and the acting was very good… Wickersham is without a doubt the most amateurish and sorry excuse for an actress since … since .. well since ever ! .. And to see her in almost every single scene is brutally agonizing .. and quite honestly, I am done .. Although I might never see it, I will be sorry to miss the final show this season paying tribute to Gibb’s ” Father ” ..Ralph Waite .. But I have no doubt in my mind that the sorry, miserable writers for NCIS will somehow, some way, make sure that Wickersham will be the center of attention 97.5% of the time on screen .. The show deserved so much better .. and so did your formerly loyal viewers .. but you spat on us, told us we didn’t matter …. so for the writers … a single finger salute .. For NCIS … RIP ..

20. Yayz says:

I love her, I mean I really do I think I like her character better then Kate and Ziva lol and I love Kate and Ziva, I think people will still moan over Ziva being gone but they moaned when Kate was replaced too so after some time people will get over it, I’ve been watching every episode so far and I love them all, this season is awesome so far!

• Helen M. says:

OMG, YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING!!!

• J T says:

Helen M. … Don’t worry about that post from Yayz .. .That is just one of hundreds of faked posts trying to boost the ” un-boostable ” …. ( along with the faked positive ” votes ” ) …. that being Wickersham / Bishop !

21. Blue Gnome says:

Ellie Bishop is a keep if NCIS shows she can defend herself…to me she looks like a rabbit…I like that she is an artist and she sits on the floor…I like her to read into people during interrogations…she is good with being psychologist type.

22. Jack says:

Well Stated NONO …. Well Stated ….. At some point the powers-that-be behnd the NCIS show simply must pull their heads out of the sand & stop creating all those obviously phony baloney ” polls ” showing positive ratings for the wicksham/bishop character. …. ALL legitimate polls show an overwhelming number of ” thumbsdown ” ratings across the board for the pitiful wickersham/bishop character !!

23. sandy says:

loved ziva too but cant like this one at all. the are having her solve the cases with gibbs and she is on more than the regulars on the show and I love all the rest of the characters. GET RID OF HER/////////. don’t need another computer geek McGee is good and that’s enough. all the other characters are a little afraidof gibbs but not h er she tries to tell him what to do and trys to run things. she acts like a nut on there sometimes.

24. Tom Hartzell says:

There are several problems with NCIS in 2014. 1) The new actress taking over for ZIVA is supposedly married to someone we haven’t seen. Does that help the writers? Ziva was independent and beautiful–the new actress has a crack in her forehead and a ring of her finger–and doesn’t seem to have the romantic opportunities Ziva had. This doesn’t help in enlarging Tony’s role. And now that Tony’s father is getting married and settling down, Tony’s problems with his Dad seem to disappearing as well. 2) McGee has his own problem, too. He now seems to have a sort of conflicted role with a woman who is confined to a wheelchair. The question seems to be whether of not he should marry her. How does the fan base handle that delicate question? And how do the writers handle it? There is something glum about it. The show had humor–and there are people among the actors in NCIS who are good at it, but I haven’t seen much of it in recent episodes.

25. Judy says:

Sorry..blonde bimbo with dark eyebrows…have seen a lot of those on soaps. You need a dynamic presence on there to replace Zeva, even if its someone a little older.

26. Mountain Jack says:

Gotta face the facts …. Mark Harmon has reverted back to 1987 when he played weak-willed high-school gym teacher ” Freddy Shoop ” …. After this NCIS season, he will NEVER, EVER be Gibbs again …. The show writers have allowed the Wickersham/Bishop character to thoroughly emasculate not only all the male characters on the show, but has specifically done the best job on the Gibbs character ….. turning the once fierce Gibbs into a weak, feminine-acting Sister Cupcake ..

27. David says:

I actually like the actress, but the writers need to work on her Bishop charachter. Is she a strong adult contributor to the team, or a blond 18 year old bobble head? At times, she behaves like a teen ager and then tries to convince us she’s a absolute genious. Very hard to buy. Her interaction with Gibbs is not convincing. Hard to believe Gibbs putting up with such juvenile behavior. The charachter is still searching for her place on the team and on the show. Writers, it aint there yet. Help her.
    Also please, please tell Bishop to enunciate and slow down her delivery. It’s not a race. Don’t mumble the lines. She is the only charachter the forces me to rewind, just to figure what she said.

28. Bisho I dont like Bishop.. Her blond hair and black eybrows is a blow off..Her trying to act like she is 25 and looks 40 is a turn off. She is not “cute when she sits cross legged in the floor.”. She serves no purpose to this wonderful show. Get rid of her. Everyone wants Ziva back.. you all know this.. I just cant stand her. She is worse than Kate the priss…… Vickie B. Marion, IL

29. Tammy Marshall says:

Have been an Ncis fan for quite awhile. Absolutely love the show but I do not like Bishop. Her eyebrows are ugly; why does she have to sit on her desk?; she frowns too much;she is fake and she has no character. plz find someone new for next season!

30. Barbara says:

What is with those eyebrows? It’s hard to look at her!

31. Juana María says:

I’m not going to say that Ziva must come back, it’s up to her if she already has other plans it’s her choice, but what nobody can deny si that the current season has been really bad, not only Bishop does not fit in the series but there isn’t that previous emotion we experienced before during Kate’s and Ziva’s time. Hey Mark Harmon, be smart and produce series that nobody is willing to loose, also I have and advice for you, DO NOT insist in that horrible hair style, it’s not appropriate or atractive for you anymore, try to use a less straight and more normal hair cut

32. Frank says:

Tonight I turned off the Bishop NCIS show. Too much Bishop. Gibb’s character has lost control. He is now a secondary character under Bishop

33. TAC says:

Ellie Bishop needs to go! She is horrible, She doesn’t come close to Ziva! So miss Ziva and her sassy attitude. Kate is totally boring! If we can’t have Ziva-then look at other good options like Yvonne Strahovski. She kicked butt on 24!

34. W pounds says:

We cannot understand her. She talks
    too soft and too fast.

35. I think that everything said was very logical. However, what about this?
    what if you added a little information? I ain’t saying
    your information isn’t solid., but what if you added a post title that grabbed a person’s attention? I mean NCIS Season 11
    Poll – New Agent Ellie Bishop | TVLine is a little vanilla.
    You ought to look at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they write news headlines to get people to click.
    You might add a related video or a related picture or two to get
    people excited about everything’ve got to say. In my opinion, it could
    bring your blog a little livelier.

36. Marianne Gibson says:

Sorry GG &MH. I see no chemistry there. I’ll stick with reruns. ..unless Cote comes back.

37. There is no expression, she is only annoying.

38. steve says:

way to destroy a really good show and now it,s going down hill with this bimbo that car,nt act ,does,nt fit the maim crew,she will wreck this great show,BRING BACK ZIVA