Exclusive: The Fosters Enlists Practice Vet Marla Sokoloff as Mike's [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

The Fosters Marla SokoloffOne of The Fosters is cozying up to a Practice alumna.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Marla Sokoloff has landed a recurring role on the hit ABC Family drama as a sober companion — and then some — for Danny Nucci’s character, Mike.

RELATED | ABC Family Renews The Fosters for Season 2

The actress’ pretty and edgy “Hurricane Dani” is a real force of nature who acts first and thinks later and becomes the recovering alcoholic’s new squeeze.

Sokoloff — whose TV credits include guest spots on Melissa & Joey, CSI: NY and Desperate Housewives — will first appear in the Feb. 17 episode.

The Fosters returns for Season 1B on Jan. 13.

Comments (8)

• You forgot her role as Gia on Full House.

Comment by steven – November 18, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Ready for Our Close Up and commented:
    This is fantastic news. I’ve watched “Whatever It Takes” at least twenty times this past summer thinking that Marla needs to be on a new television show or in a new movie because she is truly splendid. Who could forget her as “Gia” on “Full House”?!? Congrats girl because you’ve been missed!

Comment by candacecordelia – November 18, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved her in The Practice.

Comment by Steven – November 18, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Marla Sokoloff, but I wish they’d get rid of Mike. He’s the one weak (and annoying) spot on an otherwise great show.

Comment by Roni – November 18, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not familiar with Marla but I’m so excited for this show to return. It has such heart and was my surprise hit of the season!

Comment by Ally_D – November 19, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe you didn’t mention her role as Stephanie Tanner’s BFF on Full House. How rude!!

Comment by Jack – November 19, 2013 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When she was Gia on Full House she didn’t, but in this photo she looks like Hillary Duff’s identical twin

Comment by samantha – November 19, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Samantha, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.. I even looked super closely at it to make sure it was NOT her twin..

Comment by Courtney Coley – January 7, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post