'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Castle, Arrow, Grey's and Other Shows Are Faring

‘Twas a particularly busy week for romance on the tube — with crushes in quarantine, illicit lovers hidden in hotel bedrooms and one hunk literally tearing a heart apart.

In this TVLine feature, we provide you with the latest developments in the lives of TV’s hottest duos — and then offer our exclusive forecast for each pairing.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers from Sleepy HollowArrow and More

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below; you never know, they might make the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through the gallery below and hop aboard!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape, Photo Gallery

1. TVLine_FanGirl says:

I think we are looking at a romance square as Fitz has a crush on Skye and Ward has been giving Simmons longing stairs. . . if this show makes it, there seems to be multiple couplings in the future.

• Patrick says:

I think Ward has big brother feelings for Fitz. Skye liking Ward, while is pretty closed off, will be the ships of the future. FitzSimmons are like Wash and Zoe, or Zander/Oz and Willow. They are the adorkable sidekicks who will get together without a lot of drama. Joss has been very wary of breaking up these relationships on his shows.

• Guest says:

Ward got there too late if that sandwish is any hint, Simmons is taken and Fitz is just trying to prove himself he could be interesting around Skye. Given Jemma a season and she’ll get Leo.

• Jazz says:

I think it would make better sense if they went Ward-Simmons and Fitz-Skye route as the major pairings because Skye and Ward are too bland together…

• Dan says:

I’m with you on this one, those pairings are more interesting.

• Ellie says:

I agree! I saw more chemistry in the two seconds Ward and Simmons had together at the end of FZZT than in any other couple on that show!

• kath says:

Yes! I’m glad to find someone else who thinks that way. Ward/Skye is the most predictable, boring pairing on TV. I cringe every time the writing forces the relationship on us.

I think Fitz/Simmons have great sibling chemistry. I wish the producers of S.H.I.E.L.D. were more creative and moved beyond the obvious.

• Jenni says:

Ward and Skye is a damp squib for me. I’m much more interested in Fitz and Simmons. Much more. Although that maybe because I like them as characters WAY more than Ward and Skye.

• Mr. John says:

Geee… two characters in a Whedon show that seem to be a perfect pair… that have eyes for others but clearly belong together…. the only question is which will be the one to die (or betray).

• Or both. Where Whedon is concerned you can never discount both.

• Christina says:

It’s things like this that are making it kind of hard to get invested. I absolutely LOVE Fitz and Simmons, and if he tries to take one of them off the rails, I honestly think I’d just give up the show. I don’t care about Ward/Skye, so I’d have no reason to tune in.

• Guest says:

Its a Marvel Universe show, not just a Whedon show: if Pepper Potts and Tony Stark can make it work, then Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons can make it work. Its not like they have the busy agendas of Barton and Romanoff or a portal that separates them like Jayne Foster and Thor.

• kath says:

If someone is going to die, please let it be Mary Sue Skye. At this point, I’ll take anything to get her off the show. Terribly written character, inexperienced actress.

2. Georgia D says:

Olicity was indeed awesome this week.
    As for Isabel and Oliver, it looked like a one time thing, but we can never be sure.

• cinthy says:

totally, they are making me hate a summer glau’s character, that’s mean

• Mary says:

Oh good, I’m not the only one. I think Summer Glau is awesome no matter what show she’s on, but now I’m starting to rethink my liking Isabel.

• kath says:

Don’t forget that Isabel Rochev was one of the names on The LIst. I’m waiting for Oliver’s reaction when she turns bad. (I give Felicity 2 minutes to gloat.)

3. GildedRose says:

LOL at Abbie & Ichabod summary. Darn those romance killing apocalypses! Talk about your mood killers!

And Arrow’s Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak last week. Wow. So good! Oliver implying he had feelings for her too was a refreshingly stark, honest conversation I enjoyed. Felicity’s right, though. He does deserve better that meaningless sex with women he can’t care about. And what happens when — despite not acting on feelings for Felicity — something happens to her? Life is dangerous. She could get mugged, walk in on a bank robbery. Stuff happens. Not being sexually involved with her doesn’t mean she’ll stay safe, nor does it mean he won’t hurt or suffer or fear for her any less just because he hasn’t slept with her. Grrr. These “heroic” stoic men! So dumb yet hot at the same time. ;)

• DarkDefender says:

Um.. I think if this was a true ship and Queen wasn’t just saying it to make her feel better while he shags someone he is more attracted to…(which is how he came off to me – no pun intended)
      Then yeah, I get it. The wrong people would likely torture her to get to ARROW.. And that is why she wouldn’t be safe.. He didn’t mean she wouldn’t be safe because of a paper cut or getting hit by a bus…

4. Leslie says:

What about Bensidy (Brian Cassidy and Olivia Benson) from Law and Order: SVU? How are they handling Liv’s therapy along with the fact Lewis’s trial AND her Sgt’s exam is coming up?

5. Tessa says:

I was hoping to get your opinion on Jax and Tara after that awesome confrontation scene they had near the end of the last episode.

6. Christina says:

FitzSimmons made it! The show was slipping, but the prospect of those two definitely reinvigorated it for me. I actually look forward to the show now!

7. I’m curious to see if they ever do bring Firestorm’s dad on Arrow given that that is who Felicity married in the comics. If they do, will Ronny Raymond be brought in as a little kid or something?

8. Oliver and Felicity <3 This is going to be the slow burn that people will be still talking about 20 years after the show has ended. The CW has hit gold with this pairing.

9. Georgia Madman says:

Did Agent Coulson and the “Calvary” seem to have once been a couple? Seemed like they knew each other too well. Maybe it was just me.

10. Tricia says:

I am curious as to the status of: Aiden and Emily on Revenge and the Once Upon a Time triangle of Emma, Hook, and Neal. I feel like the Aiden and Emily relationship is doomed; he is seeming more hardened and I think she is merely manipulating him to make sure he doesn’t jeopardize her endgame. The Once triangle is much more exciting! I love both of the guys and can’t wait to see what happens.

11. Linda says:

No Booth & Brennan? Just no…..

12. mia says:

Ichabod is still married, but the fact that the wife (who?) didn’t make the cut, tells you a lot about her significance. The forecast is not so cloudy, even if Abbie and Ichabod don’t hook up this season.

• Maryann says:

I love Ichabod’s wife. They have great chemistry and are so tragically separated. I want to see more of her, and have her play a significant role in the show. Abby and Ichabod should be just friends.

• Abby says:

Agreed. Several of my friends ship Ichabod and Abbie, but I can’t get into it. To me they are like Sherlock and Joan. I love Ichabod’s relationship with his wife.

• Jenni says:

This. Ichabod and Katrina all the way. Abbie and Ich just feels wrong to me. I liken them to Lisbon and Jane. Never going to happen but that doesn’t mean folks won’t ship them.

• Guest says:

Frankly, I see it as a love triangle: Ichabod has feelings for Abbie despite he’s devoted to his dead wife, Abbie is torn between Ichabod and Luke and Katrina is torn between her husband and the hereafter. Its better than Scandal

13. xoxoprgossipgirl says:

I think Danny did realize his feelings for Mindy when he kissed at last season’s finale. WHY AREN’T MORE people watching this show? So smart and clever.

14. I think id much rather Fitzsimmons stay platonic because those friendships do exist. Grant and Jemma would be much better and their chemistry is more natural, genuine and easy than the shoe-horned and score bolstered mess of Skye/Grant. Give Fitz some genuine character development and then maybe I’d like to see him catch Skye’s attention.

15. Gilda says:

I appreciate the use of quotes around “spark”.

16. Hmm says:

I feel like the only person on the planet that doesn’t want Oliver and Felicity to get together. While I was pleasantly surprised by the tenderness Stephen emitted (something we have rarely, if ever, seen him play before on this show), Oliver doesn’t need to lose Felicity.

Broken down in the simplest way, Oliver’s track record with ladies is not great. Yes, he’s different now than he was with Laurel/Sarah. But the other track record he’s not great with is friends. Tommy’s gone. Who knows what happened to Slade and Shado. Oliver went through the most ridiculous-sized trauma on that island. He needs to be surrounded by people that love him, but don’t take too much from him/need too much from him. He’s clearly still dealing with what he went through – and to compound that, losing Tommy and his mom flirting with death row – and emotionally, he’s not really available. He’s also not stable, and doesn’t really have stability in his life aside from Diggle and Felicity, who are really the only support system he has. Not to mention they are the only two who know who he really is (aside from Sarah).

My qualms with he and Felicity getting together is that he runs a high risk of losing Felicity should their relationship end. I don’t think that Oliver can afford to lose anyone else in his life right now, and for me, this is the biggest reason I have against them getting together.

17. Ally_D says:

No mention of Walt and Bennet from The Crrie Diaries? This week they took a huge step forward with Bennet admitting that he wanted to be exclusive. I grinned and swooned like mad at the end of that episode!!!!

18. bravo says:

Masters and Johnson! I mean we know they’re going to end up together, but last night’s episode was the first time I actually started to want them to. Bill actually showed some semblance of human emotion towards Virginia!

19. Abby says:

While Felicity and Oliver didn’t come straight out telling the other one they liked the other, you could still read it in between the lines. Rickards and Amell did an excellent job with the last episode.

As for SHIELD I get more of a brother/sister relationship between Fitz and Simmons. As for Simmons and Ward, however, I’m fully on board for wanting something to happen there. FZZT brought out the shipper in me for this couple, and I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees the potential.

20. And no Captain Swan??! Have you heard about OUAT?

• Jess says:

That’s because they have no chemistry. And Emma/Neal will make it.

• Guest says:

Whatever, I don’t care about any couple on Once Upon a Time since Emma and August-Pinnochio.

• I totally disagree. I love Emma and Neal together, their love story is so sweet and touching. But Hook and Emma are so hot together, you can’t deny their beautiful chemistry. I don’t know who will make it, as you said, and I don’t care. I’m the one who trust the writers and the cast to make a good show.

21. spmsmith says:

Based on promo photos for this week’s episode, I really hope to see Person of Interest’s Reese and Carter in next week’s ‘Ship Shape!

22. Jenni says:

Thanks for putting Caskett in this list. Love that it’s definitely a sunny outlook for them, I just wish we’d get some of that spark back between them. They’re newly engaged, not married for fifty years. Come on, writers, give us some spice again! Give Stana and Nathan something to work with! Make the outlook HOT as well as sunny.

23. You’re totally on point in regards to SHIELD. FitzSimmons is infinitely more compelling than Skye and Ward. I’m not averse to seeing Skye and Ward end up together, but FitzSimmons are so fresh and have more chemistry if you ask me. I hope we get more of them in upcoming episodes.

• Christina says:

Completely agree that we need more of them. The last two episodes have by far been my favorites, and that’s a direct result of their increased presence.

24. Oh gosh, the Oliver x Felicity in the last ep was heartbreaking indeed! But I have high hopes for those two, long-term. As for Agents of Shield, I’m definitely feeling a more brother/sister vibe from Fitz and Simmons. I’d really like to see Fitz’ obvious crush on Skye develop, and Jemma and Grant would be a really compelling pairing.

25. CourtTV says:

Haven was great this week between Audrey, Nathan and Duke. William is very disturbing.

26. Lucy says:

Masters and Johnson. Elijah and Hayley. Freya and Killian. We need info on this.

27. Jess says:

Still hoping Fitz is gay…

28. Neethi says:

I want a little more sexual tension to be built up between Olicity before they actually succumb to their feelings. Last episode was a little heartbreaking on their front though. I loved it when Ollie admitted he’d rather not be involved with someone he cares about. The way he said it, it was almost a confession to Felicity.

I am not sure how I feel about VinCat right now. Specially after yesterday’s episode. I think a little break from each other would do them good.

29. Drew says:

[Oliver slept with shady business partner Isabel Rochev; sad Felicity admitted feeling more than respect for her boss, who implied that he had feelings for her too!]

Wow you serious lose credibility, please watch the show and stop reading fanfiction and writing like a fangirl.

• cas says:

Ha I watched this episode and thought I missed something. I guess I vaguely remember this conversation but I didn’t think it was anything like that. I thought maybe I had to re watch that conversation, but considering I am not the only one who didn’t take it exactly the same way as the writer maybe I don’t.

• kath says:

I thought it was in Amell’s non-verbal acting. He looked hurt that he had to do that to Felicity but like Sara, he thinks he is too damaged and lives too dangerously to have a relationship with someone he truly cares about.

• I don’t know how you watch their last conversation (or the scene with her at Oliver’s hotel room door) and not read it as romantic… I don’t think they are in love with each other (yet), but it’s pretty clear they both have feelings for each other that could and/or are developing in that direction.

30. Dav says:

The only time I have liked Ward even a little bit was when he had that cute scene with Simmons during the FZZT episode. It was when he admitted that he knew she lied about the gun and then impersonated her making fun of him. Instead of Simmons getting embarrassed she just teased him right back. I actually said out loud “wow, he is actually capable of showing emotion.” Personally, I hope this show dumps the useless Sky and Ward and Simmons can continue their slow, akward flirting.

31. Connie says:

I know that they’re setting up for Skye and Ward, but I can’t stand the two of them together. I’d much rather prefer either FitzSimmons or Simmons/Ward. Although, FitzSimmons do make the show infinitely better, and their increased appearances make the episodes so much more enjoyable. Ward and Simmons did have that nice conversation/flirtation/confession at the end of FZZT, as the poster above me mentioned.

32. Liz says:

I’m totally in love the FitzSimmons. And they already have their shipper name written into the show. They are so cute together. My favorite part of the show!

As for Arrow, Oliver killed this week to protect Felicity. And though I know he was upset by that, he told her there was no choice. He would always save her, no matter what he had to do. Which was very sweet. I’m still holding out hope. Although, I do really like him with Laurel too, it’s just those 2 have so much baggage that it would sink the Titanic without the help of an iceberg.

Beckett and Castle have been really cute together. They seem to really be fitting into their relationship well together. Very sweet. I’d like to see more of Alexis fitting into their new family now that they’ve been reconciled.