Just What the Doctor Who Ordered: Fresh Photos

With Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary special now less than a week away, BBC America has dropped a buncha new photos from the much-anticipated TV event.

Exactly how many of these are brand-new photos from the Steven Moffat-penned Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor, I admittedly cannot tell. (I chose getting them to you over math.) But there are many, some featuring guest stars John Hurt and Billie Piper, plus David Tennant aka the Tenth Doctor.

VIDEO | Time Lords Unite! Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor Trailers Bring Together Fan Faves

The logline for the milestone outing: “In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.”

VIDEO | Doctor Who 50th Anniversary: Eleven Can’t Run From ‘The Day of the Doctor’

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor will be globally (universally?) simulcast next Saturday, Nov. 23, at 2:50 pm ET, with an embellished encore airing at 7 pm that evening.

1. kd86953 says:

I can’t even BEGIN to describe how stoked I am for this episode! Ten and Eleven together? Oh man oh man!

2. Bender says:

We have three doctors, a questionable Rose Tyler, zygons, daleks. Its going to one awesome episode

3. david says:

@matt are you going to watch it in 3D in theaters next monday?

4. John Schmidt says:

god I missed billie piper so glad she is in this

5. Aby Johnson says:

The coat John Hurt wears as the War Doctor (8.5?) reminds me a lot of the leather coat Eccleston’s Ninth Doctor wears. Maybe he had just regenerated at the start of the series?

• Bender says:

I don’t think he had just regenerated before the start of the series, because there are sightings of nine in past points in time. The war doctor is the doctor that forced on him from the sisterhood of karn, and wanted to forget it.

• side3 says:

Check out “The Night of the Doctor” short. The coat resemblance might make more sense!

6. Playdough says:

Who is going to be the new companion for the new season?

7. Kim says:

I’m so freaking excited about this! I can watch it Saturday and then I get to see it in 3D at the theater Monday night!! Wishing they could do that with every episode…3D on a big movie screen LOL

8. TheTVJunkee says:

I hope I don’t die of excitement before I get to watch this!

9. my friend’s sister makes $64 every hour on the internet. She has been without a job for 9 months but last month her income was $15256 just working on the internet for a few hours. his comment is here========>>> J­O­B­S­2­5.C­OM

• Just Sayin' says:

Your friend’s sister does but your friend doesn’t? Her sister is doing some miraculous internet job that rakes her in a small fortune each month and yet your friend herself hasn’t decided to do it too? How dumb is your friend, huh? Gonna be kicking her own imaginary ass in the future, I’ll bet!

10. TVPeong says:

I’ve been binge-watching all the seasons of new-Doctor Who. I can’t wait for Saturday. A little part of me hopes that they bring back some more of the past doctors and companions. I know that they’ve all said that they’re not in it, but I hope that’s just so we, the faithful viewers, will be surprised.

11. Alex says:

I’d much rather have Paul McGann as the Doctor! Seeing him again made the Doctors after him look like amateurs.

12. Seanti says:

How will the encore airing be “embellished”?