Just What the Doctor Who Ordered: Fresh Photos

Get More: Photo Gallery

With Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary special now less than a week away, BBC America has dropped a buncha new photos from the much-anticipated TV event.

Exactly how many of these are brand-new photos from the Steven Moffat-penned Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor, I admittedly cannot tell. (I chose getting them to you over math.) But there are many, some featuring guest stars John Hurt and Billie Piper, plus David Tennant aka the Tenth Doctor.

VIDEO | Time Lords Unite! Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor Trailers Bring Together Fan Faves

The logline for the milestone outing: “In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.”

VIDEO | Doctor Who 50th Anniversary: Eleven Can’t Run From ‘The Day of the Doctor’

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor will be globally (universally?) simulcast next Saturday, Nov. 23, at 2:50 pm ET, with an embellished encore airing at 7 pm that evening.

Comments (22)

• I can’t even BEGIN to describe how stoked I am for this episode! Ten and Eleven together? Oh man oh man!

Comment by kd86953 – November 17, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And don’t even get me started on Rose and Eleven sharing scenes together…

Comment by kd86953 – November 17, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my friend’s sister makes $64 every hour on the internet. She has been without a job for 9 months but last month her income was $15256 just working on the internet for a few hours. his comment is here========>>> J­O­B­S­2­5.C­OM

Comment by florencemcanfield (@florencemcanfie) – November 17, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Get out, GET OUT!!

Comment by Kevin H. – November 17, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you seen the short prequel “Night of the Doctor”? I haven’t stopped squeeing Can.Not.Wait.

Comment by Znachki – November 17, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I haven’t yet! I’m actually still making my through the series; I’m in the middle of series 6. I’m trying so hard to get caught up before Saturday!

Comment by kd83954 – November 18, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Same here! I know I won’t be caught up by Saturday, unfortunately, but I want to get as close as I can. Can’t wait!

Comment by Lindsey – November 18, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We have three doctors, a questionable Rose Tyler, zygons, daleks. Its going to one awesome episode

Comment by Bender – November 17, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @matt are you going to watch it in 3D in theaters next monday?

Comment by david – November 17, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • god I missed billie piper so glad she is in this

Comment by John Schmidt – November 17, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The coat John Hurt wears as the War Doctor (8.5?) reminds me a lot of the leather coat Eccleston’s Ninth Doctor wears. Maybe he had just regenerated at the start of the series?

Comment by Aby Johnson – November 17, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think he had just regenerated before the start of the series, because there are sightings of nine in past points in time. The war doctor is the doctor that forced on him from the sisterhood of karn, and wanted to forget it.

Comment by Bender – November 17, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Check out “The Night of the Doctor” short. The coat resemblance might make more sense!

Comment by side3 – November 18, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is going to be the new companion for the new season?

Comment by Playdough – November 17, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Clara is sticking around for another season, from what I’ve seen.

Comment by Andrew – November 17, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so freaking excited about this! I can watch it Saturday and then I get to see it in 3D at the theater Monday night!! Wishing they could do that with every episode…3D on a big movie screen LOL

Comment by Kim – November 17, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope I don’t die of excitement before I get to watch this!

Comment by TheTVJunkee – November 17, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by florencemcanfield (@florencemcanfie) – November 17, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your friend’s sister does but your friend doesn’t? Her sister is doing some miraculous internet job that rakes her in a small fortune each month and yet your friend herself hasn’t decided to do it too? How dumb is your friend, huh? Gonna be kicking her own imaginary ass in the future, I’ll bet!

Comment by Just Sayin' – November 18, 2013 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been binge-watching all the seasons of new-Doctor Who. I can’t wait for Saturday. A little part of me hopes that they bring back some more of the past doctors and companions. I know that they’ve all said that they’re not in it, but I hope that’s just so we, the faithful viewers, will be surprised.

Comment by TVPeong – November 17, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d much rather have Paul McGann as the Doctor! Seeing him again made the Doctors after him look like amateurs.

Comment by Alex – November 18, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How will the encore airing be “embellished”?

Comment by Seanti – November 19, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post