Did Arrow Pierce Your Heart? Shirtless Hunks = Ratings? Snoozy Act of Revenge? And More Qs!

Once Upon a TimeWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Castle, Person of Interest, Arrow and Glee!

1 | What brought film vet Daryl Hannah to the utterly thankless (and barely recognizable?) role of a random Hawaii Five-0 real estate agent? And whose eyes welled up a bit when Catherine was formally added to the team?

2 | So, Once Upon a Time‘s Storybrooke is basically in Thomaston, Maine? And wait, is Neal’s coconut shell encrypted star map not a coconut shell encrypted star map but a magical coconut shell trap for shadows? Gilligan and the Professor were such underachievers.

RELATED | Spoilers for Once, Wonderland, Criminal Minds, Bones, H50, Vamp Diaries & More

3 | Was Emily and Nolan’s plot to destroy Ana Ortiz’s PR maven the least suspenseful takedown in Revenge history? Also, remind us why Charlotte is hellbent on breaking up Emily and Daniel? And we’ve got to agree with Conrad: How is a puff piece about Daniel and Emily’s wedding any more journalistically relevant than the glowing profile the former gov wanted written?

4 | We hate to nitpick The Good Wife – which is doing pretty much everything right this season — but in what universe would Alicia neglect to tell her brother Owen that she was quitting Lockhart Gardner to start her own firm? At the very least, wouldn’t he have heard it through the proverbial grapevine (i.e. their gossipmonger mom)?

5 | Is Homeland‘s casting director a daytime soap fan? In this season’s first seven episodes, we’ve had guest spots from Guiding Light‘s Robert Newman, All My Children‘s Vincent Irizarry and Another World‘s Stephen Schnetzer. (Roscoe Borne, call your agent!) Also: How did the neighbor’s security cam capture Quinn but not Carrie and Javadi?!

6 | Why was Witches of East End‘s Ingrid so upset with Aunt Wendy for accidentally killing her in a past life when, quite frankly, that life had her pointed straight down a path of evil and destruction?

VIDEO | Witches of East End Season 1 Spoilers — Freya/Dash/Killian Triangle

Bones7 | When is Mom going to release French Stewart’s amusingly degenerate Chef Rudy from the kitchen and give him a story arc of his own?

8 | It’s time again for “Was That the Grossest Thing Bones Has Ever Shown Us?” — this time, starring the fly incubating in Hodgins’ neck.

PHOTOS | Castle Spoilers — Rick and Kate With Baby

9 | TVLine reader Leigh asks: “The Castle shootout was awesome, but there is more security when money is delivered to my ATM at the grocery store. Shouldn’t Ryan and Esposito have gotten an armored car or something?”

10 | Yea or nay on The Voice‘s new Twitter-fueled “Instant Save”? (And for those on the West Coast, did you participate in the hashtag-driven exercise as it happened? If so, did you skip watching the telecast when it aired in your time zone?)

11 | Wasn’t vengeful Tyler on The Originals kind of a badass? And who wanted to be Hayley during that hug with Elijah?

12 | Is Person of Interest‘s Carter one of the few TV characters who doesn’t have one of those “tiles” phones? And next week’s episode totally is The Warriors, isn’t it? “Man in Suuuuit…. Come out and play-ay-ayyyy….

13 | Is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. laying it on a bit thick with lines such as “[Coulson]’s acting like a robot version of himself”? And did you weep for Fitz’s prosciutto and mozz sandwich?

VIDEO | Chicago PD Season 1 Trailer

14 | Didn’t the Chicago Fire producers know this week’s Severide storyline was going to be endlessly compared to that infamous ER Doug Ross/storm drain episode? Why go there?

15 | Shirtless sexytimes for Derek Morgan = Criminal Minds‘ largest audience of the season? Shirtless sexytimes for Diggle = Arrow‘s largest audience of the season? Do we have that math right?

16 | Did Arrow pleasantly surprise you with the “vague” yet emotionally laden words Oliver expressed to Felicity, about not wantingArrow Oliver Felicity to get sexually involved with someone he could care so much about? And are the show’s weekly news reports on the STAR Labs particle accelerator basically the longest planted pilot in TV history?

17 | Is The Tomorrow People rushing and forcing its love triangle, with the Cara/Stephen hook-up already? For one, doesn’t Stephen read too young for her? And has Cara seen John lately?

18 | Now that Nashville’s Peggy is married to Teddy, how long can she possibly keep up her fake pregnancy scam? And did anyone see that episode-ending kiss coming?!

19 | Is it too late for Simon Cowell to replace utterly incoherent X Factor judge Paulina Rubio? (For the uninitiated who think that question is too mean, we present a sample quote: “I think you two girls are so different between each other and so good talent, great singers, both of you. Music is unpredictable as life. If I would need to send myself someone home, the act I’m sending home would be, I’m so sorry guys, it’s Rachel.”)

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Damon/Elena/Stefan/Katherine Love Square

20 | How do we stop The Vampire Diaries’ Katherine from rapidly aging? Because we must never lose that sassy doppelganger.

21 | Yes, we know Reign‘s Mary eventually winds up with Francis. But don’t you want her to take a long, frothy detour with Bash?

Scandal22 | Was this week’s Olivia-lite Scandal a preview of what the show will look like when Kerry Washington goes on maternity leave? And among the episode’s myriad jaw-droppers, was Mellie’s assault a bit telegraphed by the set-up and direction of that scene? And are we to believe “Omar Dresden” has been living in that sparse cell for 20-plus years?

23 | On Glee, did Unique’s stunning “If I Were a Boy” and Marley’s tepid “Wrecking Ball” serve as perfect case studies showing why the series should focus on weaving songs into its story arcs rather than trying to recreate setups from music videos?

24 | Did your skin start to itch when The Big Bang Theory‘s Leonard put on that scratchy orange sweater? Plus, a perennial musing: Doesn’t the Cheesecake Factory mind, even a bit, that the show’s version of the eatery looks so ordinary and almost Denny’s-esque? (The menus Penny hands out aren’t even 20 pages!)

25 | Are there enough brick-and-mortar Barnes & Nobles left to justify the pricey holiday-themed commercials featuring 30 Rock‘s Jack McBrayer?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Samantha says:

Oliver and Felicity broke my heart in the most perfect way. Since the begining of the season I had a feeling he was falling in love with her but didn’t realize yet. I also thought she had just a crush on him. I was really glad to see their feelings for each other go so much deeper. The fangirl in me was freaking out with the way he looks at her.
    Go Olicity!!!

• emily says:

i really like that they sort of confessed to each other that they meant something more and feels something more than just friendship

• Sml says:

I really like where they’re taking these 2 characters. I hope it is a fairly long journey for their feelings to grow. I don’t want the sexual tension to peak then flail. Never cared for Laurel, she has become like her father, vindictive and spiteful. Stiff, just another foe for the Arrow.

• K says:

I’ll not comment on ‘luarel’ anymore since that’ll make me repetitive. Let’s just say, the show wouldn’t MISS this character at all. WE HAVE SARA now..She’s great as BC…It suits her perfectly!!

As for her father..Hey, he’s not that bad now..I actually somewhat like his character. It’s needed and he’s a great character..Nothing like her urgh/daughter.

• locke says:

So You wouldnt mind Sara being a love interest for Oliver and possibly ending up with him hmm

or that about the time you starting hating on her and being the malicious people that you are, Olicity fans.

2. Kellie says:

5. Carrie and Javadi both entered by the front door while Quinn used a backdoor, thats why he was the only one caught on camera

3. Nia says:

That arrow scene with Oliver and felicity was kind of a surprise to me, a good surprise that made me start shipping OLICITY!!! To me the show has not interested me at all in the romance department. Which made me unhappy as I am a comic fan and I have normally shipped BC and GA ,but in this show both canaries have not sparked much interest in terms of romance. The action scenes are awesome as usual. I really sincerely hope that they give felicity a back story soon.
    Oh and the FLASH!!! As a comic book fan I cannot contain my excitement for his arrival on the show!!!!!

• K says:

I honestly don’t see the appeal of ‘THE FLASH’..I mean, is he all that..What little I know of the flash comes from what little I’ve heard from SMV..NOT MUCH! The flash being childish and young etc etc..Liking Chloe etc etc…Not much.

The only thing ‘THE FLAHS’ has me excited is due to HIM being the CAUSE of Jealousy*?* for Oliver towards Felicity..That’s it.. Not being to put down the ‘Flash’ but, what’s so great about him??? Hmmm.I mean, most everyone is saying he’s going to be her LOVE interest but from what I got, he’s only going to be in 2 and the last being his own back-door(?) pilot and he’s gone, so what love interest is what I’m confused about..He’s here for 2 ep and then bye-bye..So, he’s no “LOVE” interest but everyone is saying he is??? WEIRD!

• Redhood says:

The Flash is great, he is an awesome comic superhero. Much more popular than Green Arrow really, and will have a cool show too.

Blame it on the stupid olicity fans who are making his whole character to be about their stupid ship, jealousy and possessiveness is that what you want a couple you like to be associated with, gross. He is going to be so much more than that and thank god he isnt staying long to be used by these pathetic shippers.

4. emily says:

i cried when oliver said those words to felicity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really love diggle too! he is super badass! i think that he too, likes olicity :)

5. Tahonia says:

5. Don’t forget Scott Bryce and Trent Dawson (Craig and Henry) from ATWT. I love seeing all those faces I miss so much!

6. KevyB says:

No, the grossest thing Bones has ever shown was the first Friday episode! Well, the script was the grossest. Honestly, someone remind me of an episode that was actually worse than that one, because I don’t think one exists.

7. smc says:

23. The music on Glee has changed to fit what’s popular at the moment, not the story. And the recreations to a tee of the videos is not a creative process, but, a lazy one. I never cared for the recreations of the videos of any of the selected star’s music. Britany Spears No1 or 2 episode. Glee IMO just showed their intent to have a show around the musical performances, then. Not the story. IMO, the show has greatly suffered due to it. At least season 2 had a story and was interesting. Now, it is nothing but showboating performances. Extremely lame and uneventful. For me, if I choose to watch a video, I’d watch the singer’s video, not Glee’s cheap takeoff of it. For me, I have not 1 ounce of interest in Glee anymore. There are so many more good shows out there to watch and be entertained by.
    I really like Arrow and the direction it is going.

8. PFitzDC says:

Just a mini-rant: In an otherwise standout episode of “Grey’s Anatomy,” it was beyond irritating (and lazy) that the CIVIL trial was using terminology for criminal trials. The “prosecution rests”? Callie if found “not-guilty”? Whether it was laziness on the part of the writers–or perceived laziness by viewers who are more accustomed to see fictional criminal cases instead of civil ones–no excuse. Grey’s should be better.

9. Lily says:

23. I’m enjoying Glee this season. Unique’s “If I Were a Boy” performance was fantastic. You can see why Alex was just given a record deal. Wrecking Ball was a mess….really bad. I agree the songs need to fit the storylines. Really looking forward to this week tribute to Billy Joel!!!

10. Katrilotta says:

4) I was wondering about this too. They seem to have a great relationship so why hadn’t she told him about the new firm? Alicia’s mom knows about it!
    8) Bones is always a bit gross, but the fly thing was maybe the grossest thing ever for some reason. Yuck.
    11) Hayley and Elijah have great chemistry. Poor Klaus. They should really bring Caroline to the Originals. Klaus needs her!
    14) Severide’s storyline was really stupid this week. He’s a fireman for God’s sake! He left his phone in his car? REALLY? I have to say that the Jay character got me convinced to check out Chicago PD in January.
    16) Olicity all the way!
    18) I like this Charles Wentworth character and the actor who portrays him. The wife is crazy though. I’d keep him on the show, but I guess they’ll get rid of him at some point.
    23) Unique’s “If I Were a Boy” cover was really heartbreaking.