Exclusive

Mindy Project Exclusive: JoAnna Garcia Swisher to Play [Spoiler]'s Sister

Mindy Project Cast JoAnna Garcia ArcJoanna Garcia Swisher is traveling from Neverland to The City That Never Sleeps, with a plum role on Fox’s The Mindy Project.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress will guest-star on the sophomore comedy as the sister of new series regular Adam Pally‘s Dr. Peter Prentice. Sources say the visit could potentially spill over into a second episode.

RELATED | Mindy Kaling: Danny and Mindy Aren’t ‘Destined to be Together’ – But There Is Mindy Project Romance Ahead

Swisher — whose previous TV credits include Reba, Privileged and Gossip Girl – most recently guested on two episodes of Once Upon a Time, with a third appearance as the mermaid Ariel still to come.

RELATED | The Mindy Project Exclusive: Maria Menounos Returns to Romance [Spoiler]!

The Mindy Project airs Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c. In the latest episode of Spoiler Alert! (below), Michael Ausiello, Matt Mitovich and Kim Roots sing the show’s Season 2 praises.

1. AJ says:

I hope she gets made a regular on OUAT. She has been really impressive so far and I like her interactions with the other characters.

• courts says:

They do need a new babysitter now that Ruby is gone.

• Josh says:

Ergh such a mistake the way they mistreated Ruby. I’m sorry but when you have a character that’s a fan favorite, you treat her like a fan favorite and not decide “Hey, a lukewarm, chemistry love story between Emma and Mumbles McGree will be what fans love!”….

• Amanda says:

I’m hoping for this too as with Gil McKinney who plays Eric. However though I don’t know if Joanna could do that with her husband Nick playing baseball in Cleveland and with their baby. She usually travels to all of his games. However though “OUAT” does film more in the off season and he won’t report back to spring training till March and usually “OUAT” finishes filming in April.

• Christian says:

If she’s really sacrificing her career to follow her husband around, she’s an idiot and I’ve lost all respect for her!

• N Creedon says:

She doesn’t sacrifice her career to follow her husband around. She only does that when there is no role playing/casting /auditions to go to. When she does have a casting/audition, etc, she goes.
          So, please do keep your respect for her. Remember, she became an actress before she came Mrs. Swisher, LOL !

2. julio says:

Does anyone else find adam’s character really unnecessary in a cast that basically ignores it’s supporting characters. I like this show but they should stop adding random character and focus on their supporting cast.

• lee says:

Yes! I love adam getting a job but don’t feel they really needed anyone extra on a show that already has many talented actors. Interesting to see how he’s been given much of the pie so far this season. But yeah, his character wasn’t really necessary.

• Lauren says:

Same. I loved Adam Pally in Happy Endings but he does nothing for me on the Mindy Project. I would rather they focus on the originals. I wish Joanna was playing Morgan’s sister, actually, that was my first thought.

3. Pia says:

I was hoping she’d be Danny’s sister but this is almost as good.

4. jen says:

I love the Mindy Project and I love Joanna Garcia, but the show really doesn’t need all these guest stars. I wish they would just use the actors/characters they already have. I don’t think Dr. Jeremy was even in it this week.

5. Tim says:

Triple love her. Will watch her in anything she does. Even horrible Reba reruns from time to time.