Chicago PD Video: Voight's Dirty Tactics Come in Handy – Plus: Who's Checking Out Gabby's Ex?

Get More: First Look, Video

NBC’s Chicago PD will begin to protect and serve on Jan. 8 , but is Intelligence unit head Sgt. Hank Voight (played by Jason Beghe) really a changed man?

In the following brand new trailer for the Chicago Fire spin-off, Voight’s rise from dirty cop to one with a prominent job comes into question. However, it’s his “different way of doing things” that comes in handy when Det. Antonio Dawson’s son is kidnapped.

VIDEO | NBC’s Sound of Music Live: First Trailer!

Bonus: Press PLAY to catch a first glimpse of series regular Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill) in uniform. (What’s with her glance at Fire gal Gabby’s ex, undercover detective Jay?)

Tags: ,

Comments (31)

• Sophia Bush as a cop definitely tuning in. Heard she even gonna appear on ‘Fire’ soon.

Comment by Shane Vendrell – November 14, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t wait to see Sophia as a cop. So excited!

Comment by Ellie – November 14, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or does that look a lot like the trailer for Ironside?

Comment by Di – November 14, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sophia, not Sophie.

Comment by Amy – November 14, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to try this, but seriously, Sophia Bush was great on OTH…..but I haven’t been impressed since. Hopefully she proves me wrong….hopefully….

Comment by Amanda – November 14, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Tania Raymonde out of the show? I didn’t see her in the end shot and I thought she was going to be some kind of a lead on the show and on IMDB, it lists her as being only on one episode. I hope she’s a regular.

Comment by Arie – November 14, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they redid the whole cast after it was picked up

Comment by ggny – November 14, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There has been tons of cast changes. Scott Eastwood (Clint’s son) was on Chi Fi last year with Tania. However I think that they are both out of the show now.

Comment by sarah – November 14, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm i just check NBC website and JB Smoove and Tania Raymonde are both on the promo picture on there but when you go to cast neither are listed in the cast. Can TVLine give us some clarity if Chicago PD cut bunch of people from its cast? It looks like two complete different cast when you see the one on NBC website and the one at the end of the trailer

Comment by ggny – November 14, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and JB Smoove is on that show that Will Arnett is on.

Comment by sarah – November 14, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it the same with Scott Eastwood?

Comment by Rook – November 14, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s half as good as Chicago Fire we’ve got another winner :-) :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 14, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can tell I’m going to love it! I seriously cannot wait. i

Comment by Elyse – November 14, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks like a great show. Gritty too. I miss Sophia on my screen. She will definitely get me watching. I think the cast is different from the website photo?

Comment by Terri – November 14, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was more excited about this series before the spinoff episode. Why does it have to be a special super department within CPD? Chicago Fire doesn’t have a silly pretense like that and it works out great.

Comment by Pia – November 14, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago PD can’t wait! I love cop shows and Dick Wolf is the best. I think the cross over idea is genuis for both shows. And I love Sophia Bush!

Comment by Carol – November 14, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sophia Bush is a goddess. I can’t wait to see this show. Chicago Fire is so good, so my hopes are high! I love that Chicago Fire is already introducing the new characters before CPD starts!

Comment by Fabe – November 14, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Chicago PD when it debuts on January 8th and I can’t get enough Sophia Bush. :-)

Comment by Tran 2.0 – November 14, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will only watch this for the amazing Sophia Bush!

Comment by dude – November 14, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be sad if Tania Raymonde isn’t in it, I liked her. Glad the blonde woman was cut though. And so happy to see Sophia Bush back in a drama. And of course, happy Antonio is in it, I love his character. I am so excited for this show!!!

Comment by Lauren – November 14, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks really good! I am excited to see Sophia Bush in a role like this, I will be looking forward to watching her kick some bad guy booty! Plus if they put her and the Jay guy together great because I don’t want him coming back for Gabby :) Dawson and Casey shipper :)

Comment by Beth – November 14, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did I not know Shopia Bush was on this show until I saw this trailer, I was thinking of watching this show because I love Chicago Fire but now that SB is in it I sure will watch

Comment by Fernando – November 14, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sophia Bush as a cop is even less believable than Rachel Bilson as a doctor.

Comment by Chad – November 14, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Scott Eastwood? Nooooooooooooooooooo

Comment by Jen – November 14, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, no Scott Eastwood then?

Comment by Gerald – November 15, 2013 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrrgh! Another clip that can’t be viewed by Canadians!

Comment by Michelle – November 15, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A weekly dose of Jesse Lee Soffer on my television can’t happen soon enough for me.

Comment by magicallysuspicious – November 18, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As huge OTH fan, and as a fan of chi fire, I am very happy that brooke davis aka sophia bush is on this. Any chance of chad michael murray of hilary burton doing
    guest spots?

Comment by nathan scott – November 21, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is not One Tree Hill, so why would chad and hilarie be on the show? The cast of that show has moved on. Chicago PD is different. It’s going to be a great show, though. i am so excited.

Comment by jewls – December 4, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see a series about the Chicago P.D. I was on the Chicago P.D. for 38yrs & 8yrs with the Cook County Sheriff. Of the 46yrs service, 40 of them were fighting Organized Crime. Maxwell St station was my home for years. I wrote two books about my experience on the streets of Chicago. “Pay, Quit, or Die” and the “Chicago Way,” Made over 4,000 raids and busted hundreds of mobsters. My books have over 100 true stories in them. I hope the TV show “Chicago P.D.” is a hit. We need a series of CPD like the Chicago Fire which is a great show. I know your writers will do the Chicago Police justice and write good shows.

Comment by Don Herion – December 10, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for your years of service.

Comment by Tom – December 28, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post