Glee Sneak Peek: Puppets in NYC! Jarley in the Hallway! And the Debut of Pamela Lansbury!

There will most definitely be strings attached when Glee airs a Thanksgiving-night episode (9/8c on Fox) — but we’re not talking about the kind that keep giblets and stuffing in your turkey’s cavity.

Instead, as the following photos reveal, puppets are paying a visit to the musical dramedy!

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Mentalist, Parks, Grey’s, Vamp Diaries, Bones, Veronica Mars and More

We’ve mixed in Fox’s official promo images — which show Jake and Marley reconnecting inside the halls of McKinley High, Sue explaining the origins of her tracksuit, and the debut of the NYC kids’ cover band Pamela Lansbury — with a pair of pics Tweeted by Lea Michele that show herself, Chris Colfer, Naya Rivera and Adam Lambert in plush miniature form. (We’ve also included a bonus image of Chord Overstreet from Nov. 21’s “Movin’ Out.” You’re welcome.)

Click through the gallery below, then hit the comments. Are you excited for Glee‘s puppet show? Sound off now!

1. Az says:

The band is so stupid. Kurt would never. It’s just an obvious vehicle to show of the guest stars.

• 'A' says:

Seriously? Kurt would never? Wow. Clearly, you’ve missed a lot.

• Terry says:

LOL Kurt would never what?? Form a band? Why not? Dress the band in matching brightly colored outfits like that. Yes he would. LMAO Apparently that band sequence is Kurt’s fantasy. I can totally see him doing that. I don’t really see why you’re having problems with what’s going on in NY. What would you prefer to see happen there?

• Sherry says:

oh really yes Kurt would. If you don’t like it don’t watch.

• S. says:

Such a tired retort. Did it not occur to you that a fan might like a lot about a show but there’s one thing that gets on their nerves? Doesn’t make them not a fan, doesn’t mean they have to stop watching. How about if YOU don’t like something in this comments thread you can leave it? Oh wait, you reserve the right to continue to participate even if there’s something you don’t like here? Gotcha. Anyway back to Glee. Most of the time you don’t invite a bunch of mostly vocalists to be in band. We’ve got what? 4 co-leads? Some of them need to play instruments. No way does Kurt expect to make this any kind of career, it’s just for fun, but geez you’re living in NYC. These things cost money. I could believe Kurt trying to work on his own off-Broadway or off-off-Broadway musical, creating things for he and his friends to put on their resume and give them something to hone their professional theatrical performance skills on cuz this ain’t Lima anymore, Toto. Starting up a band seems goofy, but I’ll watch cuz it’s an excuse to see something fun. I really don’t care how ridiculous some of the reasons are for things on this show. Making them seem realistic is a ship that sailed long ago. Don’t act like it makes sense for Kurt to start up a band out of anything more than boredom. He’s Glee/theatre, not a pure musician. Has he dreamed of filling stadiums thousands of people? Doesn’t sound like it. Who cares though? Let’s have a good time and hope the more of Kurt’s band we see, the less McKinley young’uns we gotta deal with.

• It’s the best thing that’s happened to that show in ages

• Timmah says:

Looking for realism from a musical comedy?

• Me says:

I have to agree. The band concept is more like a vehicle to showcase those three NY kids together along with 2 prop guest stars. I wonder which kind of marvelous storywriting Murphy is baking for a NY-Only based Glee (barf!)
      The Glee club is Ohio meanwhile, seems more organic to me.

• Me says:

Oh, and I love Jarley! :D

• Gunny says:

Actually I think the idea of the band is to show more singing – including Kurt and Santana. Rachel will be singing for Funny Girl and there is just no reason to have all three Santana, Kurt and Rachel sing at the diner all the time. What is not real is Rachel having time to be the lead in a play, go to college, work at the diner, and be in a band. Adam and Demi only have 3 or 4 more episodes left in their contracts.

I really try and like the Ohio segments, but the writing is just not there. I doubt I have laughed more than two times per episode.

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz says:

What they have no chemistry at all. Thye are boring on screen.

2. Et al says:

I certainly hope those Avenue Q style puppets are accompanied by an Avenue Q song.

3. Sherry says:

What’s odd is that the ppl who say they are fans spend most of their time on social media criticizing the show and everything that most of the character do. Remember this is not real it’s a tv show. Don’t get so invested that you get angry and upset.

• Kyle C. says:

Just because you’re a fan doesn’t mean you have to like everything they do. Fans can also criticise and have an opinion.

• Jillian says:

I agree. As a true Glee fan, it’s disheartening when all other “gleeks” do is bash and complain about the show. The show tries to teach positivity and yet the fans are just plain awful.

• Gunny says:

No one is trashing the show, most comments center on what they loved about the show in the past that is no longer there. Plus, the ratings are awful so what the show is doing now is not working. Your comment that these fans “are just plain awful” is bullying. People commenting about the show are not making negative comments about the fans.

4. LE says:

Jake and Marley ZzZzZzZzZ

• Me says:

10 seconds of a Kurt scene… ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz says:

Good comeback. Please Kurt just standing there is more interesting then anyhting Jarley has ever done.
        I see the 15 fans who like the newbies are riled up since that poll showed NO ONE CARES about the noobs including nealry ever reviewer. .

5. Kyle C. says:

This show is getting progressively worse, I’m hanging on by a thread. They’re wasting Demi’s l

6. omar says:

Love Marley. Getting hotter with every episode! :)

7. Briana says:

Okay, so how are they explaining the double holidays within one year? Season four (when Artie, Tina, Sam, Blaine, etc. were seniors) had a thanksgiving and Christmas episode. How are we having them again this season with those people still not graduating but having attended prom??

• Muirnin says:

Flashback I believe …

• abz says:

“,,,,when Glee airs a Thanksgiving-night episode…”. I don’t think it’s Thanksgiving-themed, just airing on Thanksgiving. I also read that that the upcoming Christmas episode will be like an unaired Christmas episode-type thing. So kind of like a standalone episode.

8. S.M. says:

Deparately hoping Jake didn’t cheat on Marley. Love those two!

9. Shawn says:

Please let them do an avenue q song. I love when glee covers broadway. So hoping that the picture of Unique sitting in Sues office finally means she is getting a story line. Btw whatever happened to her catfishing Ryder and him quitting. I wanted them to explore that more with them becoming friends and Ryder starting to get feelings back for Unique and being confused by it all. I know a lot of people hate Unique since Alex came off a bit arrogant on the glee project but I love his character on glee.

10. Katiebug says:

Where can I get my tix to see Pamela Lansbury? I’m already a fan!!!

11. O'Brien says:

Loving Pamela Lansbury; hating that Chord’s ponytail has made it to television. If Blaine were a good friend, he’d knock him out and cut that thing. Otherwise, I’m very excited for the next two episodes, especially the Billy Joel one!

12. chyloe says:

The Klaine engagement is ridiculous. If Ryan Murphy is trying to give a shout out to the whole prop 8 debacle.and enforce awareness and tolerance towards marriage equality, he’s actually harmed any progress with this stupid story line. They’ve had a rocky relationship in the short time they have known each other and now suddenly, lets put the cheating aside and get married! why? Because we can! That’s pretty much what Blaine said. This whole thing is going to make people think of gay marriage as a joke. Well done Murphy,