Cougar Town Stages Friends Reunion, Casts Matthew Perry in Season 5

Get More: Casting News

courteney-cox-matthew-perry-cougar townTurnabout is fair play — especially among Friends.

Matthew Perry, who lured Courteney Cox to his short-lived NBC comedy Go On last season, is repaying the favor by guest-starring on Cougar Town.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

No word on who Perry is playing, but his episode is expected to air towards the end of the TBS comedy’s fifth season (bowing Jan. 7).

Perry is the third Friends vet to visit Cox on C-Town, following stints by Lisa Kudrow and Jennifer Aniston.

Comments (32)

• YAAAY!!

Comment by Jane Doe – November 13, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this! Now we need Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer!

Comment by Amy – November 13, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes to Matt; no to Schwimmer. Never liked Ross…

Comment by JoMarch – November 13, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if I needed more of a reason to be excited about the 5th season of Cougar Town! Can’t wait!

Comment by Liz – November 13, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should give him a recurring role.
    Also, is this the final season of Cougar Town? It doesn’t seem as though TBS (and maybe some of the cast) really want a to continue on much longer

Comment by Ram510 – November 13, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s about a 80 percent chance that this is indeed the last season. But we’ll keep hoping!

Comment by Anne – November 13, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • curious where this info is from, maybe i’ve just been out of the loop but I hadn’t expected something that high

Comment by jenna – November 13, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome news!

Comment by Liz – November 13, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this has to be the greatest news ever! mondler for life

Comment by amandabronck – November 13, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t normally watch Cougar Town but I definitely will watch my “Monica and Chandler” reunion!!

Comment by Jen – November 13, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to catch up on Cougar Town.

Comment by Zach – November 13, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! So funny but underrated! And happy for the reunion! Matthew is perfect for the show.
    And for Cougar Town is 50/0 not 80%

Comment by sasha – November 13, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha! So much for vdoozer saying he won’t use any more friends.

Comment by shuayb – November 13, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MONDLER !!!

Comment by James – November 13, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yayy!

Comment by Babybop – November 13, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOLLLA!!!!!!!

Comment by liz – November 13, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHANICA!!!

Comment by Kev – November 13, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch if Matthew Perry were on.

Comment by Belinda – November 13, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougar Town is my happy place.

Comment by LOST – November 13, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • only 2 more friends to go! TBS better keep it on the air until CC can convince matt and david to make guest spots. OR ELSE. (jk jk)

Comment by cjeffery7 – November 13, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such fun! Now Matt and David need to guest star. Or everyone together!

Comment by Ella – November 13, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could i be any happier? yeah

Comment by dude – November 13, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I love this!!! Friends is still my favorite television show not just sitcom but show :)

Comment by JC – November 14, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get all of them back in one episode and you’ll have something — the highest rated cable show in history.

Comment by Bob – November 14, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy happy joy joy – this is awesome news.

Comment by RUCookie – November 14, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best. News. Ever.
    I love Cougar Town!

Comment by Stefan – November 14, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked this show in the beginning but not so much now.

Comment by Alice – November 14, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve wanted Matthew Perry to guest on CT the most out of all the Friends cast. They had the best chemistry. Monica & Chandler made the show for me. I thought the creator of CT said another season was a 50/50 chance? It seems like the cast love the show and have fun doing it, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to come back. I think it’s the ratings and whether or not TBS wants to keep it going.

Comment by Mikael – November 14, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to hear the news… I absolutely loved his last show, and was really sad it got cancelled…

Comment by Vanny – November 15, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Sunshine was my favorite of the post-Friends shows. Matthew Perry is great – should be a fun show.

Comment by Steppy – November 16, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love friends and I love matthew Perry

Comment by Ashley – December 26, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Application of a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey on body restores skin water balance. Continuously ask your spouse to allow you to go buy an M-Gator.

Comment by Reviews – January 7, 2014 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post