The CW Eyes Tales From the Darkside Update

CW Tales From the DarksideThe CW is looking for more genre scares with a possible reboot of the horror anthology series Tales From the Darkside, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | The CW Picks Up The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign for Full Seasons

The project — which has a script deal and will be penned by comics writer and son of Stephen King, Joe Hill (Locke & Key) — is described as a 30-minute reinvention of creator George A. Romero’s 1980s scarefest.

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Sleepy Hollow) will executive-produce alongside original Darkside EPs Mitch Galin, Heather Kadin and Jerry Golod.

1. Barb says:

Is there a writer’s strike or something that I’m not aware of because, really, that should be the only reason for all these so-called reboots/remakes that are in the works. Originality seems to be far and between these days. How sad.

2. Deion says:

Ok. This is more the kind of reboot I’m talking about. An anthology series. And DON’T JUST REMAKE THE EPISODES!

• Angela says:

Agreed on not remaking the episodes. I’d love to see some original horror story ideas.
      Interesting choice of series to reboot. Should all work out with it, I’ll be curious to check it out. I get the complaints about remakes, of course, but hopefully they can find a way to put their own spin on it.

• alistaircrane says:

I wouldn’t have a problem with remaking some of the episodes. I have never seen the original series (is it on DVD or Netflix?), so it’s all new to me. Joe Hill writes Locke and Key, the best new comic book series of the last 5 years, so I will eagerly watch this!

3. Lori says:

I used to be scared of the theme song. LOL

4. Brett says:

This should be exciting but unless it’s REALLY well done, I can’t see this faring well on the CW. Now, if it was on Showtime or something, I would be ecstatic.

5. If it’s only 30 minutes then are they gonna order another 30 minute show to go with it?

6. Jared says:

If Tales from the Darkside does get picked up by the CW it would start to air in the Summer 2014. Possibly with back to back 30 minute episodes. I believe the CW had the same format and scheduling with Whose Line is it Anyway.

7. Dani says:

I’m excited for this one. Especially with who’s involved in the project. The CW is on a great path since getting away from all these teen soaps Ostroff once introduced.

8. Bark Star says:

Anything that keeps Orci and Kurtzman from “writing” movie scripts is fine by me.

9. Jellymoff says:

I was about to get on the anti-reboot bandwagon until I read “Joe Hill”. Now I’m sold. Sign me up!

10. Anonymous says:

I loved watching the show years ago. I think it is a great idea as long as they come up with new stories.

11. Mikael says:

If it’s on the CW, I don’t see how it could be remotely scary. It’ll probably be like Are You Afraid of the Dark, which was freaky to me when I was a kid, but is laughable now.