CBS Moves Up Intelligence Premiere, Ties Down Hostages' Finale Date

Intelligence Premiere Date 2014Josh Holloway‘s human supercomputer is getting booted up sooner than expected.

RELATED | CBS’ Intelligence Adds Another Lost Alum

CBS has fast-tracked Intelligence — which stars the Lost alum as an elite spy with a nanocomputer embedded in his bean — for a sneak preview on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 9/8c, where it will lead out of a fresh episode of NCIS aka TV’s most watched drama. Now, I have no fancy “chip” in my brain, but that’s called “maximizing your sampling,” people.

Intelligence will then make its regular time slot premiere on Monday, Jan. 13 at 10/9c.

RELATED | 24 Favorite Gains Intelligence

The action-thriller, which also stars Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI), originally was to launch on Feb. 24, the day after NBC’s Winter Olympics coverage wraps.

CBS also announced that Monday’s current 10 o’clock drama, Hostages, will conclude its 15-episode run on Monday, Jan. 6 at 9 pm, with a two-hour finale.

Check out the Intelligence trailer below, then watch its stars preview their CBS mission.

Loading video...

Comments (43)

• Very psyched for this show! I hope it doesn’t tank….

Comment by shuayb – November 12, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Feel the same way!

Comment by Christina – November 12, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here… Can’t wait to see Josh, Marg, and Meghan on my screen.

Comment by eridapo – November 12, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Josh Halloway is such a jerk!!! I hope this series flops or they replace him!! Saw him in Hanalei he was a total jerk, didn’t bother him just was taking photos of the bay and he freaking cussed us out!! I will never support anything he is in!! He forgets that fans are what pays his salary!

Comment by Bev – December 13, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a great show. Change the day it airs.

Comment by Lynne – March 26, 2014 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That makes sense, but I think that Hostages and Intelligence will both be canceled by the end of the year. I think they will move Person Of Interest into the Monday 10:00 slot and leave post NCIS, NCIS: LA for the new show next year. Just basing this on the way every (recent) CBS mid-season drama has performed in the past. I think CBS will greenlight the NCIS Louisiana Spin-off and Tuesdays will be the NCIS night.

Comment by Paul – November 12, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dunno, CBS is the network of sitcoms and procedurals. Hostages didn’t fit into that mold. But Intelligence very likely does. As long as there’s some amount of a “case of the week,” I have a feeling it’ll do just fine.

Comment by DL – November 12, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo, super excited that they brought Chuck back for another season!

Comment by Floodlit World – November 12, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hehe! I don’t think this will be nearly so funny as chuck but its certainly worth a watch.

Comment by ben – November 12, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol!

Comment by et al – November 12, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be good as I miss “Chuck” so much. I liked the concept of the intersect/nano chip in the head set up. It made for interesting situations. This one seems more serious and less campy but I do like Josh Holloway so I hope it’s good. Chuck was really a great show and didn’t last as long as it should have. If only Zach Levi and Adam Baldwin were in on this new show, it would be perfect.

I guess I can only hope that Zach will somehow show up on Adam’s new show “The Last Ship.” I think the two of them resemble a Father/Son as they’re both so tall, dark and handsome. Sigh…..I miss them…..Morgan too!

Comment by Ali – November 12, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When Josh Gomez popped up on Castle recently, all I kept thinking was, “It’s Morgan!”

Comment by DL – November 12, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha me too. :)

Comment by JC – November 12, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Was I the only secretly hoping that the episode was a backdoor pilot for another series. Would love to have a Timecop-esque show with the slight comedic tinge that Josh Gomez would bring to the show..

Comment by Luther Lowry (STLCajun) – November 14, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I watched the “Intelligence” pilot in August and it’s awful. It felt like a waste of everyone’s talents.

Comment by Craig – November 12, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, something tells me you didn’t hate posting this comment at all.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 12, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was actually really looking forward to the show. But the pilot I watched was really dull. It felt slow and the characters were just cookie-cutter.

This was the pilot sent out to the local stations, and I’ve seen some changed before they hit air (Revolution) before, so there is some hope. I’m just not holding my breath.

Comment by Craig – November 12, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t like the Chicago Fire pilot but now it’s one of my favorite shows. Same with The Originals, it’s really growing on me. I always give shows a few eps before I write them off. I’m hopeful :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 12, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw the pilot over the summer also and didn’t like it either. It’s too bad as the concept is interesting and I like all the actors but writing is horrible and Josh was overacting. Don’t get your hopes up people.

Comment by NYC-MD – November 12, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sad they don’t keep HOSTAGES. It is one of the best I’ve ever watdhed !!!

Comment by Denise – December 23, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree Denise! Love it!!!!!

Comment by Rachael – January 11, 2014 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve missed Josh Holloway on TV. I’m for sure going to be checking this out.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 12, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why Is Everything On Mondays At 10….My DVD Can Only Record 2 Shows, Castle And The Blacklist

Comment by Amy – November 12, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, Monday’s are rough. Wednesday too for me.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 12, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Forme it’s Sunday & Thursday :)

Comment by Sara – November 13, 2013 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I’ve missed Josh. And Meghan Ory. And heck, I miss Chuck, but I imagine this is less nerdy fun. But it’s up against Castle, so I guess I’ll be watching via the internet.

Comment by Lysh – November 12, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also I’m looking forward to seeing Hostages play out. I hope it goes out on a high note.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 12, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for the show but horrible times lot up against The Blacklist and Castle,.

Comment by Julie – November 12, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait to have the beautiful Sawyer gracing my tv screen again :)

Comment by stella – November 12, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited to see Meghan Ory on my screen again.

Comment by Jesse – November 12, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised they didn’t just out PoI on Monday night and have Hostages and Intelligence on Tuesdays to capitalize off of the NCIS’s

Comment by Ram510 – November 12, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mid season dramas on CBS haven’t done so well in the past and I doubt Intelligence will be any different.

Comment by Jared – November 12, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder why CBS chose to move up the premiere date and not wait for late February/post NBC Olympics coverage? Perhaps CBS is as concerned about their Monday night lineup as we have been thinking they should be. CBS may have some more changes coming for Monday sooner than we thought – maybe another 9pm show to try to jump start ‘Mom’ at 9:30?

Comment by TV Scout – November 12, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO NO NO I want Meghan back on OUAT. I want her and Frankenstein to be together! This is NOT good. :(

Comment by Cici – November 12, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dead on arrival is my prediction. None of the mid-season shows look any good (Tricia Helfer’s Killer Women is also going to tank hard).

Comment by Apples – November 13, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get cbs, it needs a strong lead in for new shows– it has Tuesdays and Wednesdays to at least give the show a fighting chance before putting it up against two of the highest rated shows on tv.

Comment by Jake – November 13, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather they just bring back Chuck lol

Comment by Leanna – November 13, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He needs Sawyer’s hair.

Comment by Elaine – November 13, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m losing interest in Hostages. Storyline is going everywhere. I can’t imagine how they can fill the rest of their time. Too bad too…love Dylan M. and Toni C.

Comment by Valerie Tower – November 13, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also reminds me of Search/Probe back in the 70′s with Hugh O’Brian.

Comment by Reynard – December 17, 2013 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone tell me when the next Hostages will be on? I see it’s not on tonight but is the next one not until January 6th or something?

Comment by christinaeriley – December 23, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked this show well enough, but they’ve made a mistake putting it on opposite The Blacklist and Castle.

Comment by SReynolds – January 7, 2014 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post