CBS Moves Up Intelligence Premiere, Ties Down Hostages' Finale Date

Intelligence Premiere Date 2014Josh Holloway‘s human supercomputer is getting booted up sooner than expected.

RELATED | CBS’ Intelligence Adds Another Lost Alum

CBS has fast-tracked Intelligence — which stars the Lost alum as an elite spy with a nanocomputer embedded in his bean — for a sneak preview on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 9/8c, where it will lead out of a fresh episode of NCIS aka TV’s most watched drama. Now, I have no fancy “chip” in my brain, but that’s called “maximizing your sampling,” people.

Intelligence will then make its regular time slot premiere on Monday, Jan. 13 at 10/9c.

RELATED | 24 Favorite Gains Intelligence

The action-thriller, which also stars Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time) and Marg Helgenberger (CSI), originally was to launch on Feb. 24, the day after NBC’s Winter Olympics coverage wraps.

CBS also announced that Monday’s current 10 o’clock drama, Hostages, will conclude its 15-episode run on Monday, Jan. 6 at 9 pm, with a two-hour finale.

Check out the Intelligence trailer below, then watch its stars preview their CBS mission.

Loading video...

1. shuayb says:

Very psyched for this show! I hope it doesn’t tank….

2. Paul says:

That makes sense, but I think that Hostages and Intelligence will both be canceled by the end of the year. I think they will move Person Of Interest into the Monday 10:00 slot and leave post NCIS, NCIS: LA for the new show next year. Just basing this on the way every (recent) CBS mid-season drama has performed in the past. I think CBS will greenlight the NCIS Louisiana Spin-off and Tuesdays will be the NCIS night.

• DL says:

I dunno, CBS is the network of sitcoms and procedurals. Hostages didn’t fit into that mold. But Intelligence very likely does. As long as there’s some amount of a “case of the week,” I have a feeling it’ll do just fine.

3. Woo, super excited that they brought Chuck back for another season!

4. Ali says:

This should be good as I miss “Chuck” so much. I liked the concept of the intersect/nano chip in the head set up. It made for interesting situations. This one seems more serious and less campy but I do like Josh Holloway so I hope it’s good. Chuck was really a great show and didn’t last as long as it should have. If only Zach Levi and Adam Baldwin were in on this new show, it would be perfect.

I guess I can only hope that Zach will somehow show up on Adam’s new show “The Last Ship.” I think the two of them resemble a Father/Son as they’re both so tall, dark and handsome. Sigh…..I miss them…..Morgan too!

5. Craig says:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I watched the “Intelligence” pilot in August and it’s awful. It felt like a waste of everyone’s talents.

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL, something tells me you didn’t hate posting this comment at all.

• Craig says:

I was actually really looking forward to the show. But the pilot I watched was really dull. It felt slow and the characters were just cookie-cutter.

This was the pilot sent out to the local stations, and I’ve seen some changed before they hit air (Revolution) before, so there is some hope. I’m just not holding my breath.

• wrstlgirl says:

I didn’t like the Chicago Fire pilot but now it’s one of my favorite shows. Same with The Originals, it’s really growing on me. I always give shows a few eps before I write them off. I’m hopeful :-)

• NYC-MD says:

I saw the pilot over the summer also and didn’t like it either. It’s too bad as the concept is interesting and I like all the actors but writing is horrible and Josh was overacting. Don’t get your hopes up people.

• Denise says:

I’m sad they don’t keep HOSTAGES. It is one of the best I’ve ever watdhed !!!

6. wrstlgirl says:

I’ve missed Josh Holloway on TV. I’m for sure going to be checking this out.

7. Amy says:

Why Is Everything On Mondays At 10….My DVD Can Only Record 2 Shows, Castle And The Blacklist

8. Lysh says:

Awesome, I’ve missed Josh. And Meghan Ory. And heck, I miss Chuck, but I imagine this is less nerdy fun. But it’s up against Castle, so I guess I’ll be watching via the internet.

9. wrstlgirl says:

Also I’m looking forward to seeing Hostages play out. I hope it goes out on a high note.

10. Julie says:

Excited for the show but horrible times lot up against The Blacklist and Castle,.

11. stella says:

can’t wait to have the beautiful Sawyer gracing my tv screen again :)

12. Jesse says:

I’m so excited to see Meghan Ory on my screen again.

13. Ram510 says:

I’m surprised they didn’t just out PoI on Monday night and have Hostages and Intelligence on Tuesdays to capitalize off of the NCIS’s

14. Jared says:

Mid season dramas on CBS haven’t done so well in the past and I doubt Intelligence will be any different.

15. TV Scout says:

I wonder why CBS chose to move up the premiere date and not wait for late February/post NBC Olympics coverage? Perhaps CBS is as concerned about their Monday night lineup as we have been thinking they should be. CBS may have some more changes coming for Monday sooner than we thought – maybe another 9pm show to try to jump start ‘Mom’ at 9:30?

16. Cici says:

NO NO NO I want Meghan back on OUAT. I want her and Frankenstein to be together! This is NOT good. :(

17. Apples says:

Dead on arrival is my prediction. None of the mid-season shows look any good (Tricia Helfer’s Killer Women is also going to tank hard).

18. Jake says:

Don’t get cbs, it needs a strong lead in for new shows– it has Tuesdays and Wednesdays to at least give the show a fighting chance before putting it up against two of the highest rated shows on tv.

19. Leanna says:

I would rather they just bring back Chuck lol

20. Elaine says:

He needs Sawyer’s hair.

21. Valerie Tower says:

I’m losing interest in Hostages. Storyline is going everywhere. I can’t imagine how they can fill the rest of their time. Too bad too…love Dylan M. and Toni C.

22. Reynard says:

Also reminds me of Search/Probe back in the 70’s with Hugh O’Brian.

23. Can someone tell me when the next Hostages will be on? I see it’s not on tonight but is the next one not until January 6th or something?

24. SReynolds says:

I liked this show well enough, but they’ve made a mistake putting it on opposite The Blacklist and Castle.