Exclusive

Exclusive New Girl First Look: Can Coach Work His Magic on Both Cece and... Nick?!

What better way to celebrate the news that Damon Wayans Jr. will be sticking around New Girl all season than with a sneak peek at what Coach has in store for one wayward roomie and their nubile neighbor?

RELATED | November Sweeps Scoop: A New Girl Love Triangle, ‘Racist’ Mindy and More

In this first look at Tuesday’s episode (Fox, 9/8c), Wayans reveals how Coach — who returned to the fold last week, after having not been seen since the series’ pilot — will set out to rid Nick of some bad behaviors and, heck, maybe even get him working out (for better or for worse).

And while Coach proves himself to have mad moves, the big question appears to be: Will they be enough to make a good first second impression on Cece?

Watch the sneak peek below, then make your predictions about whether “the two Cs” will or even should [ahem] together.

1. h says:

I cant stand cece, she was going to get married nd changed her mind. She made Schmidt choose, and its her fault that Elizabeth left him

• Maria says:

Come on. It was Schmidt’s own doing.

• Jace says:

It’s her fault Schmidt decided to date them both and was caught out?

• R says:

OMG that’s so sexist! Elizabeth left Schmidt because he was a cheater and a d-bag! he didn’t deserve any of those great women. I usually love him, but this season he has become such an idiot!
      I hope nobody treats you ever like that, but if somebody does, you’ll know how much that hurts.

• Jenny says:

I don’t think it was fair what Cece made Schmidt do. He was dating someone, and she made me choose like that. However, it doesn’t mean that Schmidt can date them both! I didn’t like how they ended that triangle! I miss Elizabeth!

• Kit says:

Totally agree with Jenny. I don’t think Schmidt handled it well & definitely don’t condone his behaviors. That being said, neither of the ladies should have forced him to choose – especially not in the cliched/melodramatic TV style of IMMEDIATELY after CeCe walks aways from the altar. Is that what the writers think “girl power” is? If CeCe really loved Schmidt, she should have fought for him & tried to win him OR just let him be with Elizabeth. It would have been marvelous to see the character growth (& comedy) that ensued had the Schmidt-Elizabeth relationship been drawn out & CeCe attempted/resisted attempting to break them up. I’m guessing the writers needed a quick fix because (Emmy-winner) Merritt Weaver wasn’t available as a recurring or full cast member.

• Anne says:

That accusation makes no sense. Schmidt thought he had game and could play both girls. He chopped his own head off. I think, personally, he should have gone with Elizabeth who could bring him down a few notches and make him change is shallow ways a bit, but blame it all on CeCe? Come on…

2. Alienate says:

Hey Matt, Why no HOMELAND RECAP this week? I really miss it/you.

3. Apples says:

Schmidt/Cece was the best thing about this show in the first couple of years. Now the focus on Nick/Jess and screwing over of the former has really turned me off New Girl. I can’t stand Nick, he’s such an awful unfunny character.

• FL says:

You’re kidding right? Schmidt and Cece’s storyline has been the WORST part of the show ever sicne they broke up. Nick and Jess’s relationship basically saved the show last year and Winston is easily the best part of the show the show this season