The Blacklist Taps Alan Alda as Red's [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News

The Blacklist Season 1 Cast Alan AldaRed, watch your back.

TV vet Alan Alda will guest-star on an upcoming episode of NBC’s The Blacklist as an old enemy of James Spader’s Raymond “Red” Reddington, AccessHollywood.com reports.

RELATEDThe Blacklist‘s Ryan Eggold on Tom’s First Red Run-In and Unmasking the Mysterious Apple Man

Alda’s character, Crowley, will warn Red that some crucial evidence must stay under wraps — or Red may wind up dead.

The Emmy-winning actor is best known for playing Benjamin Franklin “Hawkeye” Pierce on the Korean War comedy M*A*S*H. His other TV credits include ERThe West Wing30 Rock and The Big C.

Comments (19)

Comment by More bango – November 8, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Alan Alda’s guest starring role on The Blacklist soon.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – November 8, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch Alan Alda read a phone book, so if I wasn’t already watching this show, I’d seriously watch just to see him.

Comment by TheTVJunkee – November 8, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by DramaMomma – November 8, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sooooo agree but then again, I could listen to James Spader read the phone book – perhaps they could do it in tandem??? Can’t say the rest of the cast does much for me but man, those two voices…. What a duet that will be…

Comment by Sharf – November 9, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^ ABSO-frickin-LUTELY!! Love Alan Alda in anything. He is so adept at playing both comedy and drama; a good guy and a bad guy!”

Comment by Melanie – November 11, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a legend, and he has the most interesting voice that I could listen to for hours

Comment by Cheeky – November 8, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news! One great something meets the other!

Comment by Kay – November 8, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good. Blacklist rules.

Comment by Jason – November 8, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Alan Alda! So thrilled that he is guest starring!

Comment by Lisa – November 8, 2013 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is incredible news! Cannot wait!

Comment by Andrea – November 9, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The amazing Mr. Alda is welcome on my TV screen any time. ANY. TIME.

Comment by Annie – November 9, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping to hear he was playing Red’s father, but this is great, too! I hope if he’s an old enemy that the show will leave it open for him to come back instead of a one-off like Robert Sean Leonard.

Comment by DL – November 9, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously?!! Friggen awesome. I love Alan Alda! I didn’t think they could top this show with having Spader….but now Alda! AWESOME!!
    If they put Alexander Siddig on this show next, I might hyperventilate.

Comment by liz – November 9, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted to watch The Blacklist last night (11/18/2013). It was listed in the TV Guide. But was pre-empted. Tried to watch it on demand with WOW cable. But on demand on WOW does not have the last 2 weeks of The Blacklist. Has anyone else run into this problem???

Comment by Bruce – November 19, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Еuhhh êtes vous sûr de ce que vous nous écrivez ?

Comment by tumblr.com – February 7, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Εuhjh êtes vous certain de ce que vous éсrivez ??

Comment by blondasse – February 28, 2014 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quel hasard je peոseais justement écrire un
    petit poste identique à celui-là

Comment by pucelle – March 6, 2014 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post