Exclusive Psych Musical Episode First Look: New Promo Touts Unanimous 'Rave Reviews'

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

The critics have spoken… and they are both illiterate and nonexistent.

The following brand-spankin’-new promo for Psych‘s forthcoming two-hour musical extravaganza puts the spotlight on a series of rave-ish reviews from such distinguished outlets as Shawn’s Self-Published ‘Zine and the Santa Barbara Crime Blotter.

VIDEO | Psych Exclusive: Harry Potter Episode Coming!

All joking aside, the clip below features enough footage of Shawn, Gus & Co. getting their song and dance that I predict this will be the greatest TV event airing on Dec. 15 between the hours of 9-11 pm on USA Network. (See — I can be silly, too!) But don’t take my word for it. Press PLAY and crank our your own review in the comments!

Loading video...

Comments (23)

• This cannot get here soon enough. Suck it! :)

Comment by Badpenny – November 8, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good promo video. I can’t wait to watch musical episode.

Comment by Joey – November 8, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m always wary of musical episodes, but I saw this at Comic Con and it was spectacular. I’m really looking forward to seeing it again and buying the soundtrack. The songs have been stuck in my head since July.

Comment by Erin – November 8, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they showed the whole episode? lucky you!!! i wish i could have gone,

Comment by david – November 8, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon Son

Comment by Zayne – November 8, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gotta love that they worked “ive heard it both ways” into a song.

Comment by Alan – November 8, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! That’s classic!

Comment by Deanna – November 18, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool………shawn and gus back to their crazy funny antics……..in a MUSICAL! Watchin it for sure!

Comment by Jax & Juice's Girl – November 8, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also saw it in San Diego. It was nothing short of brilliant. This cast is so talented that it’s ridiculous.

Comment by Amber – November 8, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn and Lassie dancing…

Astoundashing!

Dec. 15th can;t get here soon enough!

Comment by Jim – November 8, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait! Love Psych. Shawn & Gus forever ♥

Comment by Eliza – November 8, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO EXCITED!!!!!

Comment by liz – November 8, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this musical episode!

*Disclaimer — Yes, I have episodes of ‘Cop Rock’, on videotape.

Comment by W. J. – November 8, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sunday before finals week for me! Can’t wait!

Comment by Babybop – November 8, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “suck iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!” can’t wait!

Comment by Betsy – November 8, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! Hey everyone make sure you all go and vote for Psych at the People Choice Awards site that their up for!

Comment by K. – November 8, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lassiter singing and dancing simply CANNOT miss being comedy gold.

Comment by Pat D. – November 8, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they extend “season 8″ to 16 episodes instead of the 10 episodes they’re giving us. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Who ever doesnt watch this show can suuuuck iiiit…(gus voice) lol.

Comment by Marc Robinson – November 8, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already thought this was a musical though….what show have I been watching?!

So hyped lol

Comment by TheGreatD51 – November 9, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s half as good as the Two & a Half Men musical episode, it’ll be sensational.

Comment by Stormy – November 9, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • curs-ed computer that won’t let me hear audio on the internet! I’ll have to wait to see it on the television, but I fully expect this to be my favorite full-episode musical episode (if that makes sense) since Once More With Feeling.

Comment by Needs more pineapple – November 10, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s been rough waiting for the new Psych season – love all the characters. And I’m looking forward to some Gus and Lassie tapping. Maria

Comment by Maria – November 23, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whats up! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information youve got
    here on this post. I can be coming again to your blog for more soon.

Comment by SEO – March 20, 2014 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post