Exclusive: Syfy Enlists Farscape Fave Gigi Edgley to Host Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge

Jim Henson's Creature Shop - Season 1Syfy’s Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge has landed a frellin’ awesome host.

Farscape alumna Gigi Edgley has signed on to emcee the upcoming competition series, which features 10 aspiring creature creators facing off in a series of challenges where they will build everything from mechanical characters to whimsical beasts.

Fun fact: The Jim Henson Company not only produced Farscape, but its Creature Shop created all of its characters.

Serving on the judging panel will be Jim Henson Company chairman Brian Henson (pictured above with Edgley), creature fabricator Beth Hathaway and creature designer Kirk Thatcher.

JHCSC is set to debut on Syfy in early 2014.

Comments (17)

• OMG YES! GIGI!

Comment by courts – November 8, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice. She was a highlight on Farscape.

Comment by roadi – November 8, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense to Mrs. Edgley, but I think reality shows have had their 15 minutes.

Comment by bryangilchrist – November 8, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d rather watch a reality TV show like this, then the crap already out there.

Comment by JamesSimpson – November 8, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t like Face-Off, the best competition series out there on Syfy?

Plus reality shows will never lose their cool the same way cop shows and teen soaps will never be endangered genres of television.

Comment by Benigno – November 8, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a perfect choice to host his show :-)

Comment by Chris – November 8, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww….Chiana… I missed you so. Seriously though, it’ll be great to see Gigi. And if anyone can make a reality competition show about creature effects interesting, that would be Henson and co. Pilot was a damned amazing work of art.

Comment by kajar – November 8, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love anything henson company related so I am super excited to see this, she was super hot in farscape as chiana also

Comment by jake – November 8, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Farscape is seriously one of the most underrated sci-fi serials ever. Its a shame the webisode sequel never took off—was really looking forward to it.

Comment by Pat D. – November 8, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!!!!!!!

Comment by Jemey – November 8, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow another lame SYFY reality show that I won’t watch. BRING BACK FARSCAPE!!!!!!!!

Comment by BrianR – November 8, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Farscape=Creature Shop Challenge>Kermit the Frog

Comment by Benigno – November 9, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will WATCH THIS, but ONLY BECAUSE I want FARSCAPE BACK!!!!!

Comment by David Hawkins – November 8, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for the show, but Chiana is the most annoying character to ever recur in a scifi series. LIKE OMG. My enjoyment of Farscape was mild at best, and introducing her in season 2 nearly killed the show for me. Whether the blame falls on the actress or the writers remains to be seen.

Comment by liz – November 9, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree, I loved her soo much! I’m thrilled that she is hosting. I suppose variety is the spice of life though, we can’t all like the same things.

Comment by ChristineB – February 20, 2014 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He used the word “frellin”!

That’s frackin awesome.

Comment by Anon – November 9, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be a big steaming pile of dren.

Comment by JJ – December 18, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post