Ratings: CMA Awards Hit a 4-Year High, X Factor and Criminal Minds Hit Lows, Arrow Rises

Get More: Awards, News, Ratings

Ratings CMA AwardsABC’s broadcast of the CMA Awards drew 16.8 million total viewers and a 4.7 demo rating, per finals — surging 21 and 24 percent year over year and hitting a four-year high in audience.

Over on CBS, Survivor did 9.3 mil and a 2.5, up two tenths week-to-week, Criminal Minds (9.7 mil/2.3) dipped a tenth to a new series low and CSI (9.1 mil/1.8) rose a tenth.

NBC’s Revolution (5.2 mil/1.4) inched up to a three-week high in audience while flat in the demo. SVU (5.7 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth from its last fresh outing.

The CW’s Arrow rose 13 percent and two tenths to 2.8 mil and a 1.0 (and scored its best Men 18-34 numbers since May 1), while The Tomorrow People was flat with 1.6 mil/0.6.

(SORTA) RELATED | Marvel’s Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist Series Headed to Netflix

Fox’s glitchy The X Factor drew its worst Wednesday numbers ever — 4.5 mil and a 1.5, plunging more than 30 percent from its previous humpday telecast.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The X Factor Recap: Motown Operandi

Tags: ,

Comments (27)

• I hope Reign can stay at a .6 or grow a little.

Arrow was great last night

Comment by Fernando – November 7, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed on both parts!! I’m curious to see Reigns numbers after tonight’s episode.

Comment by Elyse – November 7, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reign and the Vampire Diaries do not fit well together. Supernatural and period drama are not a good combination. Plus Glee is back on tonight which will hurt Reign more. If CW put Star-Crossed on Thursday, results would probably have been better.

Comment by Riana – November 7, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah they are an odd combibation. But CW doesn’t has anything to pair up with Reign. Maybe they could put it Monday into the 9 o’clock after they cancel BatB it’s an easier time slot. Back to the topic Arrow was awesome yesterday I expect the Canary back after midseason and the Barry Allen eps. the TP is a solid show as well really love where the writers are heading.

Comment by Maki – November 7, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They should pair up Carrie Diaries with Reign…seems like there would be a lot of carryover audience…but then what to do with ANTM?

Comment by Allen – November 7, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m just going to through this out there………how about no more ANTM??? Have any of the models every really made it big??? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment by Eric7740 – November 7, 2013 10:29 AM PDT
  • In my opinion Monroe is the best part of Revolution and his was barely in last nights episode :( this season has been slow to pick up but it’s gotten better. last nights episode was just ehhhhh though.

Comment by Elyse – November 7, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m loving this season of Revolution and Monroe is my favorite too :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 7, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hopefully we’ll get to see more of him!! :)

Comment by Elyse – November 7, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bet Arrow regrets sending the Black Canary off now. I’m sure she was partially (if not entirely) responsible for the rise in men.

Comment by Christina – November 7, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow was decent enough last season but these first few episodes back have been pretty great, the island flashbacks have been a little dull but other than that it’s awesome.

Comment by Josh – November 7, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me I’m getting tired of the whole flashback style of storytelling. I get that you need some flashbacks for character development but sometimes they are more irritating than useful. OUAT is the best example. So many of their FB seem to be the same story just told by a different point of view. I FF thru them.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 7, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • X-Factor might as well just call it a season and pack up now.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – November 7, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rev probably doomed as those numbers aren’t good enough to justify effectively two seasons of renewals.

Comment by Apples – November 7, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t give up.

You can never tell what kind of moves NBC will make!

Comment by J.Norman – November 7, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They really need to do something with Tomorrow People cause the story is kind of falling apart. Which is sad cause it started out quite promising
    I can’t believe Revolution almost tied XFactor. Maybe Revolution will adjust up and XFactor down, that would be hilarious

Comment by Ram510 – November 7, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for Arrow! I love the show, it is always so good!

Comment by sarah – November 7, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for cancellation of X Factor and Fox getting 4 hours of new programming!

Comment by DavidSask – November 7, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL at the X Factor! I know it was up against the CMAs, but CBS managed to stay above 2.0 from 8-10. And even Arrow got a 1.0. Fox should really move Bones to Wednesday instead. JMO though.

Comment by Sarah – November 7, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think of Simon’s initial proclamations that it would be bigger than Idol and laugh.

Comment by Jo – November 7, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL, didn’t he even say that he would be disappointed if the viewers weren’t over 20 million. Hahahahah

Comment by AxeFactor – November 7, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More people should watch Arrow, it’s so much fun!

Comment by jejehi – November 7, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not really into country but I watched the CMA. To be honest, country really isn’t country anymore. Most of those performances I would not classify as country. X-factor should just cut their losses and end this season

Comment by Mary – November 7, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha, I’ve got to agree. The radio was on in the barn the other day, Taylor Swift came on and I thought, “Oh, we’re still calling this is country?”

Comment by Meghan – November 7, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If music doesn’t evolve, it dies. I for one wouldn’t want to go back to the twangy, Appalachian sounds of Mother Maybelle Carter on a steady rotation on radio, although I really enjoy it occasionally. Country still has stories to tell, but the stories reflect life now, not back in the Depression days. Times change and music needs to reflect that. JMO

Comment by Stormy – November 7, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought last nights Criminal Minds was one of the better ones recently. I’m losing interest in this show but Shemar Moore is just too pretty to stop watching altogether. I just we mush Paget Brewster was still on and the show followed the format of the first few seasons when they really got into the unsubs heads.

Comment by Jules – November 7, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revolution’s numbers slowly climbing gives me some hope

Comment by Sarahliz1624 – November 8, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post