Ratings: CMA Awards Hit a 4-Year High, X Factor and Criminal Minds Hit Lows, Arrow Rises

Ratings CMA AwardsABC’s broadcast of the CMA Awards drew 16.8 million total viewers and a 4.7 demo rating, per finals — surging 21 and 24 percent year over year and hitting a four-year high in audience.

Over on CBS, Survivor did 9.3 mil and a 2.5, up two tenths week-to-week, Criminal Minds (9.7 mil/2.3) dipped a tenth to a new series low and CSI (9.1 mil/1.8) rose a tenth.

NBC’s Revolution (5.2 mil/1.4) inched up to a three-week high in audience while flat in the demo. SVU (5.7 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth from its last fresh outing.

The CW’s Arrow rose 13 percent and two tenths to 2.8 mil and a 1.0 (and scored its best Men 18-34 numbers since May 1), while The Tomorrow People was flat with 1.6 mil/0.6.

(SORTA) RELATED | Marvel’s Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist Series Headed to Netflix

Fox’s glitchy The X Factor drew its worst Wednesday numbers ever — 4.5 mil and a 1.5, plunging more than 30 percent from its previous humpday telecast.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The X Factor Recap: Motown Operandi

1. Fernando says:

I hope Reign can stay at a .6 or grow a little.

Arrow was great last night

• Elyse says:

agreed on both parts!! I’m curious to see Reigns numbers after tonight’s episode.

• Riana says:

Reign and the Vampire Diaries do not fit well together. Supernatural and period drama are not a good combination. Plus Glee is back on tonight which will hurt Reign more. If CW put Star-Crossed on Thursday, results would probably have been better.

• Maki says:

Yeah they are an odd combibation. But CW doesn’t has anything to pair up with Reign. Maybe they could put it Monday into the 9 o’clock after they cancel BatB it’s an easier time slot. Back to the topic Arrow was awesome yesterday I expect the Canary back after midseason and the Barry Allen eps. the TP is a solid show as well really love where the writers are heading.

• Allen says:

They should pair up Carrie Diaries with Reign…seems like there would be a lot of carryover audience…but then what to do with ANTM?

• Eric7740 says:

I’m just going to through this out there………how about no more ANTM??? Have any of the models every really made it big??? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

2. Elyse says:

In my opinion Monroe is the best part of Revolution and his was barely in last nights episode :( this season has been slow to pick up but it’s gotten better. last nights episode was just ehhhhh though.

3. Christina says:

Bet Arrow regrets sending the Black Canary off now. I’m sure she was partially (if not entirely) responsible for the rise in men.

4. Josh says:

Arrow was decent enough last season but these first few episodes back have been pretty great, the island flashbacks have been a little dull but other than that it’s awesome.

• wrstlgirl says:

For me I’m getting tired of the whole flashback style of storytelling. I get that you need some flashbacks for character development but sometimes they are more irritating than useful. OUAT is the best example. So many of their FB seem to be the same story just told by a different point of view. I FF thru them.

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

X-Factor might as well just call it a season and pack up now.

6. Apples says:

Rev probably doomed as those numbers aren’t good enough to justify effectively two seasons of renewals.

7. Ram510 says:

They really need to do something with Tomorrow People cause the story is kind of falling apart. Which is sad cause it started out quite promising
    I can’t believe Revolution almost tied XFactor. Maybe Revolution will adjust up and XFactor down, that would be hilarious

8. sarah says:

So happy for Arrow! I love the show, it is always so good!

9. DavidSask says:

I can’t wait for cancellation of X Factor and Fox getting 4 hours of new programming!

10. Sarah says:

LOL at the X Factor! I know it was up against the CMAs, but CBS managed to stay above 2.0 from 8-10. And even Arrow got a 1.0. Fox should really move Bones to Wednesday instead. JMO though.

11. jejehi says:

More people should watch Arrow, it’s so much fun!

12. Mary says:

I am not really into country but I watched the CMA. To be honest, country really isn’t country anymore. Most of those performances I would not classify as country. X-factor should just cut their losses and end this season

• Meghan says:

Ha, I’ve got to agree. The radio was on in the barn the other day, Taylor Swift came on and I thought, “Oh, we’re still calling this is country?”

• Stormy says:

If music doesn’t evolve, it dies. I for one wouldn’t want to go back to the twangy, Appalachian sounds of Mother Maybelle Carter on a steady rotation on radio, although I really enjoy it occasionally. Country still has stories to tell, but the stories reflect life now, not back in the Depression days. Times change and music needs to reflect that. JMO

13. Jules says:

I thought last nights Criminal Minds was one of the better ones recently. I’m losing interest in this show but Shemar Moore is just too pretty to stop watching altogether. I just we mush Paget Brewster was still on and the show followed the format of the first few seasons when they really got into the unsubs heads.

14. Sarahliz1624 says:

Revolution’s numbers slowly climbing gives me some hope