Glee Sneak Peek: Billy Joel Tribute Episode Equals…a Shirtless Chord Overstreet?

Is there a heat wave bearing down on Lima, OH?

We ask only because the latest set of photos from Glee‘s Nov. 21 installment (9/8c on Fox) feature Chord Overstreet’s Sam following the sage advice of the poet Nelly: “It’s gettin’ hot in here, so take off all your clothes.”

The episode, entitled “Movin’ Out,” will be built around the music of Billy Joel, and will find Sam visiting a modeling agency and getting a little help from Lea Michele’s Rachel. Plus: Artie and Becky’s friendship is revisited.

Excited about the Piano Man’s music on Fox’s high-school musical? Or is your anticipation all about Mr. Overstreet’s lack of clothing? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (36)

• Applauds.

Comment by Sam – November 7, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yawn

Comment by trace – November 7, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that;s all he’s good for, and even that ain’t something special

Comment by Pam – November 7, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I skip any episode that focuses on Sam. Both the character and the actor are basic and annoying. I know Murphy is desperate for a new leading man but Chord ain’t it.

Comment by S – November 7, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for the enlightening and truthful statement. I couldn’t have said it better. I liked Sam in season 2. Now, he is a joke and a fool. I can’t stand the love interest with the so called nurse either.

Comment by No Blee for me – November 8, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are we surprised? This is who Sam has become, objectified for the fun of it with no path other then using his body. And that’s why I don’t hesitate in saying Sam is a useless character with absolutely no purpose other then showing off his body. I feel bad for Chord, 4 years on Glee and his biggest accomplishment will be the number of time per season he takes off his shirt.

Comment by NatGee10 (@epicgleetumblr) – November 7, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Rachel, relegated to fan holding for that dufas. I guess the realized his only real talent is in his abs so we get half naked Sam every episode. Really sad the level Glee has fallen too.

Comment by Andy – November 7, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh joy, another Glee episode focused on Sam and probably Blaine, in other words ANOTHER sucky episode to FF through.

Comment by Suzi – November 7, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The male characters in this show are so boring, so…meh.

Comment by Jess – November 7, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As my favourite characters on the show happen to be all male I can only say that it sucks to be in a fandom which consists mostly of angry lesbians

Comment by SadSandy – November 7, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ahhhh haaaa yes! This!!

Comment by Libby – November 8, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not a lesbian here. Just an adult who would rather watch a show with some class. Glee has resorted to cheap thrills to get young teens to watch it. IMO, it shows that the show has run its course. It has run out of gas. No creative process, just remakes of Katy Perry’s and Lady Gaga’s true to life videos. Plants, vines, swings, loin cloths and all.

Comment by No Blee for me – November 8, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Anyone who doesn’t like the male characters on this show is an angry lesbian? What are you 12?

Comment by Laila – November 8, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish they didn’t wait so long to do this.

Comment by Esaul – November 7, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m SO glad to see rachel interacting with the old ohio kids! can’t wait to see what sam and blaine are up to in NYC. hopefully it’s the first step in getting them there permanently. love me some blam!

Comment by kd86953 – November 7, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the first season I loved this show, now I hate it and want it to die

Comment by Dennis – November 7, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Sam doesn’t have any dialogue, I’m in!

Comment by Jo – November 7, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god, will SOMEBODY give him a haircut?!

*puke*

Comment by Joey Connick – November 7, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love his long hair so much, i hope he keeps it long.
      I’m growing my hair long to look like his.

Comment by Sam – December 17, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Ryan Murphy’s drool for Chord be any more apparent? The poor boy can’t act and yet he has yet another SL in an epsiode.

Comment by Carmen – November 7, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh i can’t wait until this show is done and sent out to pasture. It was such a good show once upon a time. It upsets me so much. :/

Comment by Penny – November 7, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is the only reason this show is still on the air so they show guys half naked?

Comment by David4 – November 7, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really saddened by all the Chord hate. The dude has drastically improved since his first days in season 2. Just go back to the episode where Mercedes and he broke up. That was Chord’s best acting. He has a solid voice, he is good looking, and they write him as the charming but aloof all-American guy. GLEE wouldn’t be the same without him and I for one am glad he is still around. And if that puts me in the minority, so be it.

#TeamSam
    #TeamChord

Comment by Dave – November 7, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Chord and Sam is my favourite character on Glee. And I know that he has a lot of fans. There is no need to be sad, it is a well known fact that haters are always the most vocal ones and the Glee haters are the first to comment on every possible site all over the internet like their lives were dependant on that, although most of them claim to not watch the show anymore.
      Just read the comments under any article saying positive Glee-related things about Darren/Blaine…..

Comment by Andy – November 7, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chord FTW already

Comment by karenb – November 8, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This boy cannot sing or act. Plus, he’s badly in need of a haircut,

Comment by NYCer4Life – November 7, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love his long hair so much, i hope he keeps it long.
      I’m growing my hair long to look like his.

Comment by Sam – December 17, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAIRCUT PLEASE!!!

Comment by DavidSask – November 7, 2013 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Setting Sam up for a modeling career next year in NYC ain’t bad, as well as Mr. Shue taking his one last chance to be on Broadway and with Artie in art school in Brooklyn, we’re well on our way to next season, that will end with the creation of a new musical about Finn being written by the gang in New York who will perform a la Smash before backers, etc., and get a spot at least off Broadway, but they will demand that its world premiere be back in Lima (so everyone can get a good cry in the very last episode)

Comment by queerbec – November 8, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh Sam in NY is the worst idea ever. He should be in Lima where he can be a perpetual over grown child with the sophomore NDers. I’m loving the mature vibe to NY and I don’t want his antics disrupting everything. Also, a straight female, I can say that I’ve seen enough of Chord shirtless. He looks much better covered up, with his hair cut and his mouth closed.

Comment by Laila – November 8, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frankly, what interests me most is the relationship between Blaine and Kurt.
    Sam and the nurse just irritate me. Sam and Blaine as best friends? Eh, ok, I guess.

Comment by Ed H – November 9, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im sorry, but the boy is hot and hilarious. Perfect combo!!!

Comment by estitt – November 12, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, Chord’s modeling storyline is just a small amount of time in the episode. They have to provide him a storyline for the remainder of this season and Season 6. Modeling is the best route for him. He got the worse score on his SATs, so it makes sense for him (as a character). Chord can definitely sing, obviously those who said he can’t have never listened to him.

I have been waiting for a Billy Joel tribute FOREVER! I am really looking forward to this week’s music. I love Klaine and am happy they will be together in NY for this episode. Also looking forward to Blaine singing Piano Man.

Comment by Lily – November 17, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give me some BLAM over the forced “bromance” of Ryder and Jake. Blaine and Sam have the best bro friendship since Puck and Finn. Darren and Chord have chemistry that makes me nostalgic for some Chandler\Joey playtime in a canoe with a duck and chick in their living room. Learn how to laugh and stop taking everything so seriously.

It’s just Glee

Comment by Nicole – November 21, 2013 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I previewed the music, it’s terrible. Darren Criss singining Piano was a disaster and the that Ryder kid isn’t any good either. The only song half way decent was I love you just the way you are and only because they can put Lea Michele on any song and she makes it better. Would have been a really great song with just Lea & Chris doing it as duet. Tip of the day is don’t waste your money in this weeks Glee Music.

Comment by Thomas – November 21, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post