Exclusive Revenge First Look: Wait, Did Daniel Just Blow Off Emily for His Ex?!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Gone are the days of Daniel Grayson pining over his ladylove Emily Thorne. Instead, as evidenced in the following exclusive first look at Sunday’s Revenge (ABC, 9/8c), his sights are officially set on his recently resurfaced ex, Sarah.

RELATED | Revenge Season 3 Recap: Patrick and Nolan Break Up

Watch the newly minted publisher gloss right over his fiancee’s flirty advances in this sneak peek (sorry, Ems, he is so not jealous), then hit the comments with your predictions: Will Daniel and Sarah reunite?

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (37)

• Daniel has to be the most poorly written character in recent tv history. I mean, he’s so fickle, a doormat for the most part, and just incapable of thinking for himself.

I hope Em’s revengenda includes killing him off.

Comment by shwetabala – November 6, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking the same thing. He’s so easily swayed, and frankly anyone who would take relationship advice from his greedy, conniving, murdering father has the brain capacity of an ant.

Comment by Alichat – November 6, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol…you’ve just described 95% of the population when it comes to not being able to think for themselves. Of course I don’t know which is worse. To not be able to think for yourself or to be so programmed that you think you are thinking for yourself when in reality you aren’t.

Comment by Weezy – November 7, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My take on Daniel is that he is exactly what he is. A spoiled little rich boy that wants to have all his toys. He has no scruples whatsoever. Typical born with a silver spoon in his mouth brat grown up.

Comment by squirrelysue – November 10, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even remember his ex. Was she even on the show in past seasons. Why should anyone care about her?

Comment by Karina – November 6, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you miss Sunday’s episode? She was the girl who worked at the bakery.

Comment by Britt – November 6, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watched, but I don’t remember seeing her before Sunday.

Comment by Karina – November 6, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Sarah is the girl who was badly injured in an auto accident involving a drunk Daniel behind the wheel. Daddy and Mommy Dearest screwed over Sarah in the settlement. Run, Sarah, run, if you can.

Comment by scarletdots – November 6, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We never saw Sarah, but she was mentioned in season 1 as the ex-girlfriend Daniel badly injured when he was a drunk uni student driving. For his public image, they made her disappear of his life.

Comment by Melanie – November 7, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such a stupid storyline. Remember last year when Daniel was with Ashley and how he pined and pined and pined for Emily? Now he’s suddenly over Ems? Daniel really is such a poorly written character.

Comment by Jack – November 6, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, ridiculous! The writing this year is not what is was in the first 2 seasons. I don’t see that it can continue.

Comment by Bonnie Hitchcock – November 10, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! They forgot Daniel evolved last season, and was more confident: he knew what he wanted. Now Daniel, the stupid naive spoiler boy is back. Ridiculous! Worst written character but he is not the only one : Conrad is stupid, Charlotte is stupid. The writers are doing this because they want us to believe that Emily is the brightest.
      Who can propose to a past summer fling of 4 years whereas you still engaged with your long term girlfirend? Teenagers! The writers forgot Revenge was built for adults and not teenagers.

Comment by adona – November 13, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are just too many men sosososo in love with Emily.

Comment by xoxoprgossipgirl – November 6, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I do think this triangle is a bit much. I really want Emily with Jack. I liked Aiden in the end, but I don’t really trust him and his jealousy over Jack is scary. I think he’s out to hurt Jack. I don’t like it one bit and where did the Margot character come from? Too many new character introduced. I think it’s an attempt to keep the show going and I see it going nowhere. It is a big dissapointment to me when I have been absolutely the biggest fan!

Comment by Bonnie Hitchcock – November 10, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t mind Daniel back when he seemed to be redeemable and it made what Emily was doing more of a moral conflict. Then suddenly he tried to be Conrad Jr. Now he’s waffling somewhere in between. And all along he’s really been kind of brainless. I don’t care what the writers try to say about his savvy business sense.

There’s really no romantic connection anymore either so who really cares?

Comment by Tee – November 6, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or is his accent slipping through a lot lately?

Comment by Jo – November 6, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have always thought his attempt at an American accent is horrible.

Comment by Radha – November 7, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not just you. Happens a lot actually, especially when he’s “upset”, it’s like every other word.

Comment by Marc – November 7, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How are Daniel and Charlotte even Greysons? They are both so bland.

Comment by A – November 7, 2013 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well technically Charlotte isn’t, she’s a Clarke.

Comment by magreeda – November 7, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s the deal with Charlotte anyway? She’s flipflopping too. Ugh.

Comment by Bonnie Hitchcock – November 10, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daniel is giving me whiplash this season with his about-turns. He’s super gullible, so it’s not that much of a stretch for him to be romanticizing his hard-done ex; Sara still having heart-skippy feelings for him is much harder to swallow. I’m starting to wonder if Emily’s going to copy Queen V and play the fake pregnancy card, so she can drag him down the aisle.

Comment by Elouise – November 7, 2013 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is all so tedious. The wedding is obviously never called off because Emily is on the boat getting shot. In other words, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment by dee123 – November 7, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, what is the point of adding Daniel’s exes, if this wedding is going to happen anyway, unless something unexpected happens @ the wedding, perhaps the wedding is stopped. But based on the 1st two seasons, I am prepared to expect the unexpected.

Comment by Nosey – November 8, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It’s putting me to sleep. Certainly disappointing compared to the first two seasons. I couldn’t sleep without thinking about what was going to happen. Now it’s definitely zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment by Bonnie Hitchcock – November 10, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved season one daniel and to me it was more interesting that Emily was falling for daniel. Then they had this daniel and Conrad closed door meeting that completely changed his character. Still want daniel and Emily together

Comment by Jake – November 7, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did not get the impression she was falling for him, I got the impression she did not want to hurt him or get him involved b/c she saw he was nothing like his family. I got the impression she was just having 2nd thoughts about taking advantage of him. She was going to call off the engagement in the 1st season, don’t think she would have considered calling it off if she actually had feelings for him.

Comment by Nosey – November 8, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daniel has been an AWFUL character since the 2nd half of season 1. It was so much better when Emily actually had feelings for him and he seemed like a decent guy. Now he’s just terribly written to the point where I don’t think they could fix him. I don’t know who I hate more: Daniel or Charlotte.

Comment by Mikael – November 7, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s not terrible writing. That’s the writing for a horrible character. It’s great writing. Coz Daniel is a crappy and Grayson-like person.

Comment by RevengerNikki – November 10, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HAVE SAID..since the first time on the show, when Daniel was driving and almost killed his high school girlfriend. DANIEL family said that they would pay EVERY thing, until she is fine….WHAT A JOKE……they are BACK IN LOVE!!!!!

Comment by Becky Tomes Vereen – November 7, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually kind of like this storyline. I hate that all the guys are always pining after Emily. I’m glad there is actually another potential love interest. Makes it more interesting.

Comment by Lyn – November 7, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to Sunil Nayar we’re meant to be liking Daniel more thus season – LOL, good work with that!

Comment by Mimmi – November 8, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly don’t get Daniel.
    One moment he thinks Emily is ‘the one’ (2×20) and now he’s all like I don’t wanna marry you. WTH, you are the one who proposed and gave her the ultimatum. It’s your own damn fault. Make up your own damn mind.

Then he’s all like I hate my parents but then protects them and is all supportive and even comes to alltheir partiesand supports Conrads governorship. He’s all I hate you, you people are disgusting people. And then does exactly what they did, shoots to kill people himself, covers up them killing people, and supports them and stand by them.

One moment he’s all I said sorry to Sarah so it’s all good, then when she returns he’s all I’m so sorry I never should have moved on, I’ll read the document, oh yea you were screwed over. I’ll offer my apologies, and that’s all good. Seriously what is up with him and his crappy apologies. 1. Maybe he should have stayed and support and not run off like a coward. 2. He should have made sure his parents paid for everything,considering they are not the most trustworthy and fair of people.

And he thinks it fine to be with Emily when he helped frame and cover up Amanda’s death; one of Emily’s best friend and the mother to her godson.

Most Grayson and screwed up person ever.

Comment by RevengerNikki – November 10, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with you about Daniel. One thing I remember about the deal his parents made with Sarah in Season one was that it was conditional upon Daniel never contacting her again. That was because Victoria thought she was unsuitable. (funny that Victoria now prefers her to Emily) But that probably explains why Daniel never really checked that his parents had kept their part of the deal.

Comment by Kiwirevengefan – November 10, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Daniel. Of course he is a little spinless and doesn’t know where he belongs in the world but that is a lot of men in this world. Many men have been engaged and cheated with an ex. I don’t get how that seems so stupid to everyone when it happens all the time in every day life.

Maybe he is not so head over heels because he found his one true love again. There are so many plot twists in this show, I can only hope that it is allowed to continue.

Comment by Kristin – November 11, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Daniel, yes he is spineless and easily swayed but that’s the point if he wasn’t so easily manipulated then he would be irrelevant to the show as emily couldn’t use him and the Grayson’s couldnt try pull him over to the dark side. His character is supposed to sit on the fence making it more interesting to the viewers to discover his final fate. He is the only character that makes you question the integrity as the others are all so black and white when it comes to where their allegiance lies.

Comment by Revenger – November 16, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want emily n jack togethr ,aiden has to die

Comment by Emdoubleu – December 20, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post