Exclusive

Exclusive Grey's Anatomy Video: April and Matthew's (Surprising) Test Results Are In

It’s one step forward and two steps back for April and Matthew on this Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy (9/8c, ABC).

As previewed in the following exclusive clip, the engaged couple’s compatibility test results are in, and — sorry Jackson/April fans! — they’re a perfect match.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What Will Be Renewed? What’s on the Bubble?

Well, almost perfect. Their relationship faces two big hurdles — and, shockingly, neither of them involve McBlueEyes.

Loading video...

1. Sarah says:

I think McBland is a more fitting nickname for Jackson.

2. Kat says:

HAHAHAH… OMG!
    I might be the only one, but I’m SO in love with Matthew and I love this couple SO much! I’m not “delusional” enough to think they are gonna last, but I’m gonna lean back and enjoy as long as it lasts, because as much as I love Jackson, I don’t love him with April and rather have them stay friends. Anyways… They are AWESOME and I’d love for them to stay together… but well, I might be the odd one here :D

• Kendall says:

I also prefer April and Matthew to April and Jackson, but we all know the way it’s going to go. The doctors hooking up with each other is the foundation of Grey’s, so unless Matthew becomes a permanent cast member, April’s gonna have to eventually find someone in the main credits.

• Kat says:

Not Necessarily!
        Jason George is also not in the main credits and he’s still married to Bailey and he’s still popping in from time to time, so… but I kind of doubt Shonda would do it twice. With 2 Cast members having absent husbands, so…

• RC says:

No – I really like Matthew also. Of course Jackson is a cutie – but Matthew is pretty hot too! He “goes” better with April. I like April and Jackson as friends. Although I don’t like Jackson with teh intern (so is so un-interesting I don’t even know her name!).

3. Tia says:

Yawn , so boring. April can’t stand her still. This doesn’t make me look forward for the episode. Hope she’s not that focused. Gag.

4. Fiona says:

April is so boring. I like nothing about her. Other than the interns, by far the worst and most useless character. If this is indicative of the episode, then I’ll dvr and watch on Friday thus fast-forwarding past any of the Kepner/paramedic nonsense.

5. Ala says:

I like April & Matthew but I’m still holding out for her and Jackson.

6. D. says:

Matthew is fine and all, but I need April and Jackson together again. And I love April, i’m happy she has a storyline this week.

7. Will says:

I like Matthew but hopefully he can marry April and they can move away to Pine Valley (AMC reference for those paying attention).

8. hannah says:

have to admit that scene was kind of cute. But I’m still holding out for Jackson and April.

9. Teeny Bikini says:

Yawn. Is that the best they can do to make this couple even remotely interesting? They have zero chemistry and I am not sure why either of them is still on this show.

10. Lea says:

Between the promo and this sneak my guess is that, the episode is gonna suck big time. April sucks!!!
    What a terrible promotion.

11. Babygate says:

Yikes! I actually like April and Matthew is sweet but, wow, talk about bland. Between this storyline and Bailey going dark, AGAIN, I’m not really looking forward to this episode. I hope the Calzona and Mertina drama does something to bring some energy and excitment to this hour. I wish Shonda would stop experimenting with this show. It’s like they’re throwing ideas against the wall to see what sticks. Here’s a hint: we don’t really care about the interns, we don’t like these versions of Bailey and Webber and April and Matthew are cute but not the reason we tune in. Oh, and I don’t believe there’s any credible way you can bring Calzona back together so, let Arizona continue to take on the role of the manwhore 2.0 and let Callie finally find someone who will treat her right. And, can we see Mer being the badass doctor that did crazy things like stick her hand in a body cavity to hold on to a live bomb?

• Lea says:

I totally agree.
      Let Arizona be Mark Sloan 2.0. She’s the worst this season with April and the interns. Callie deserves so much better.

Yes, please. I wish we can see something like that again.

• Babygate says:

I used to like Arizona just fine. Even after the cheating I was hoping that Shonda would pull a magic trick to explain the why. But instead, Arizona has gone on the prowl and now is taking advantage of Leah. Leah who I really want to hate but I can’t because she’s just weak and needy and just like a puppy, willing to take scraps. Arizona, on the other hand, knows better. Just like she consciously and willingly closed that on-call room, she knew that Leah is vulnerable and gets attached quickly and she made the conscious decision to use her anyway. And that is incomprehensible to me, and gross. And if Arizona and Leah evolve into something more serious (yuk), it will make everything even worst. So, once Leah was introduced into the equation it permanently changed the paradigm. So, I am not liking Arizona at all. She’s despicable. Everything she’s doing is on maliciously and on purpose.

12. Sarah says:

I’m on team Matthew!!!

13. Trace says:

I know it’s futile, a moo point (Friends anyone) but alas, I miss the good ole days of GA…the days pre (current) interns and April Kepner. So much time wasted on all.
    This episode looks pretty bad. If THIS is what is being used to promote 10X07 then it’s a sad state of affairs (pardon the pun) for current GA. Kepner is bland and boring. She’s not even good comedic relief. Jackson has grown on me. I actually like him away from April. Heck, even Jackson and Stephanie seem to have a little spark lately but Kepner is a wet soggy dishrag. She and Matthew are so boring it’s ridiculous. Try harder writers. This show has made it to Season 10. Don’t throw it all away now.

14. Jess says:

They don’t do anything for me… I love April, but I don’t feel the chemistry here. Case of perfect on paper but in real situation/life it’s another thing.

15. Shaun says:

I think at end of this season April should depart too.

16. guest says:

Why all this hate for April? I think she’s a great character that brings humor to the show!

• Lila says:

Same here! She might be perky and high-strung, but she’s also kind-hearted and funny (especially when she’s drunk) ! She’s just not as gloomy as most of the other characters on the show, which is a much-needed contrast. The only truly annoying thing is that she’s obviously with the wrong person right now. Matthew and Stephanie seem perfect for April and Jackson, but they just don’t have the spark or the deep emotional connection of Avery and Kepner. Zero chemistry between both couples.

• Katie says:

Yeah, agreed. I love April, she’s actually my favorite character, aside from Cristina. Definitely don’t like her and Matthew, though. I’d prefer for her and Jackson to be endgame.

• Leah hopper says:

I think April and Jackson are cute together because I have this thing Jackson like he is so sexy!! I hate when Jackson has sex with other girls and treats April like crap. I don’t like the idea of Matthew and April it’s gross she deserves Jackson and they both know it. I love japril. ❤️💚❤️❤️❤️

17. jules says:

I can’t help it I’m really hoping and wishing for a Jackson/April reunion. Jackson is just being stubborn and using poor Stephanie (un my eyes anyways haha)

18. Tracey says:

I think its a cute scene. I always like seeing characters outside he hospital doing something normal every now and then. April isn’t my favorite character but I honestly don’t see what is hateful about her.

19. kelly says:

I knew that they were talking about different kinds of “inequality” but I was surprised that April was the one thinking about money. Gotta make Matthew feel special, don’t you think, that his fiancée is very aware that she makes more money than he does?

Remember after the merge, when April was carrying around that notebook of inspiring quotes? She was annoying and nerdy back then and still is now. I still think it would have been more fun to have the b*tchy Dr Adamson survive instead of April.

20. Jade says:

I like April. I’m enjoying her storyline whether she’s with Matthew or Jackson. I’ll take her and the new residents any day over McMumbles and the Old Grey Mer (aka Mer/Der). Wish Mer/Der would leave Grey’s at the end of the season instead if Cristina.

21. dq18 says:

I miss Justin on H50. Why couldn’t we kill him here and keep him there?

22. Gladys says:

B.O.R.I.N.G….and sorry but April is neither a comedic relief or cute…she’s still as annoying as ever. One of the less compelling characters in the GA history…and ITA with some posters here, even Jackson and Stephanie are having some sparks lately…April and Paramedic are plain boring. Guess it’s good I am missing this episode this thursday and will watch with FF button over the weekend.

23. steph says:

Boring, annoying april. Oh crap why, why, why does shonda give this annoying character so much air time.

24. A says:

Greys has been so light on April and/or Jackson story lines. I am so excited that one of them will be having some screen time. I am super bored with all the other characters right now.

25. CarrieB says:

Excited about April getting more screen time. I’m a fan of hers and always have been. I hope she eventually gets back together with Jackson though.

26. Ashly says:

I’m excited about seeing more April, but Matt’s really got to take a left. Jackson/April is where it’s at for me. Their chemistry is hot plus I like the friend vibe they’ve got going. Hope that Jackson and April reunite soon.

27. Sara says:

Can’t stand April. Recent episodes have been April-lite perhaps that’s why I’ve enjoyed them much more. Can she just marry this dude and get in his ambulance and drive back to the pig farm forever please?
    Promotion for the next couple of episodes is dull. April, Callie and the interns are DOA to me. I don’t see anything worth tuning in for.
    I want more Mer, Alex and Cristina scenes together, they are what makes this show great. The others just can’t replicate that kind of chemistry. Also badass Meredith (the namesake of the show for goodness sake) needs more focus and storyline. I would love to see some Meredith and Derek surgery scenes, that’s pure TV gold right there.

28. chris says:

no interest in April and even less in the interns (or are they residents now? who cares). Could we please get some coherent storylines going for the originals that show some progression? This season has been a hot mess of nothing!

29. a says:

wow, lol. this scene is funny and awkward at the same time. it’s so hard to not like matthew because he is sweet. i still root for a japril reunion though.

30. Alicia says:

Doesn’t anyone know when you take a compatibility test for a church that they are suppose to tell you that you aren’t compatible and that you have to defended your love! I really think the priest is pulling one over on them and that he knows they don’t belong together and that’s why they got 90%.

I’m so pro Jackson and April and I kind of wanted Justin to stay on H-50 just so he could disrupt Steve and Catherine’s relationship which I have very minimal investment in rather than Jackson and April.

31. Despoina says:

I am pissed off. The writers created such a sexy and promising atmosphere between Jackson and April last season, and now they force us to watch them in these boring relationships. They had such on screen chemistry and it was so interesting to see two completely different people being so attracted to each other… Instead of playing with these differences to create a new appealing relationship in the show, they are playing with our nerves. Perhaps they have some kind of deal with the protestant church to promote a campaign against premarital sex, or they intend to let go of Williams or Drew. I don’t see any other logical explanation!

32. arezoo says:

of course April is so boring,but I loved her as couple with Jackson.
    Jackson and that intern (I dont even no his name),they really suck!!!
    and I am so in love with Meridits baby:D

33. A GA Fan says:

I think Jackson deserve a better one than April and Stephanie is not that better one. April and Jackson are perfect just as best friend. Hopefully they don’t cheat their partner which has been happening a lot in GA. I like Jackson a lot. His eyes especially. ;)