Exclusive

Exclusive: As Person of Interest Touts Dark Twist, EPs Warn: 'Every Journey Comes to an End'

At the close of this Tuesday’s episode, CBS’ Person of Interest will air a promo for a “three-episode event” that promises to make the rest of November sweeps unmissable, perhaps a bit devastating — and TVLine has a first look at the intense teaser.

RELATED | Person of Interest‘s Sarah Shahi Ponders Shaw’s Sex Life (Um, Knives?!)

First, I must warn you: The 30-second promo, set to Sun Kil Moon’s haunting “Heron Blue,” strongly suggests a major plot twist to unfold over the next three weeks. So before you lunge for that PLAY button, ready yourself.

After you have previewed the promo, consider this statement issued to TVLine by POI executive producers Jonah Nolan and Greg Plageman: “We promised our actors and our audience that these characters wouldn’t be static, stuck in an endless loop — that they would have a journey. And, of course, every journey comes to an end.” Yikes.

Check out the chilling new promo and share your reaction to its gut-punching promise.

Loading video...

1. rflairfan1 says:

I think the episode was done very well. I think they did a very good job’s of the misleads. There was a time I though everyone was a goner. I am okay with it being who got killed. I am trying not to spoil anything…yet.

2. Doctor says:

****SPOILER******Carter

Dies

3. Lavvie says:

It was a serious mistake for the future of the show to have “Carter” killed off the show. It should have been Fusco! Carter and Reese makes the show. I will probably will not be watching the show in the future. Carter was a tough, smart cop and survived the corrupt police department and then you take her down. Oh, how bad. You have lost another viewer. Carter and Reese team was the best w/ the man who operated the “machine.” Bad, horrible mistake. I do believe your viewers will think as I do. Good luck!!!!

4. Rose says:

I can’t believe that the Detective Carter character died tonight! Please bring her back! RESSURRECT CARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• caff3inat3d says:

Sorry, friend. This isn’t Once Upon a Time. When you get offed in POI, you stay offed.

And thank God for that, I am so tired of people coming back to life just because the writers changed their minds.

5. gratime says:

very upset that Carter was killed off the show her character was pivotal the question now is will the show survive without her

6. M Roach says:

Tariji character killed!!!! If this is permanent Ill permanently stop watching the show!!!!!

7. Shelley Crocker says:

Killing off CARTER??? How totally insane, and devastating! I loved her character!!

Root needs to go!!!!

8. robert says:

What I would like to know is what does HR stand for?

• Jane Bitters says:

HR is usually Humasn Interest..Do you think it has a different meaning in the show? And husband and I are still not happy with them writing Carter out…

• caff3inat3d says:

Human Resources. It’s ironic because the HR department of a company is supposed to look after the interests of the employees and resolve disputes tactfully. In POI, HR is corrupt, its members only look after each other, and nothing is done with discretion.

9. maidonduty says:

Anyone who thinks the show to live without it’s main character doesn’t know much about how many veiwers would stop watching. Carter is the reason I watch and w/o her Reese and Shaw can’t stand alone, their sidekicks. May as well be the season finally which it wasn’t so I think well find the season wrap up with the “exorcist” saving Carter and wrapping up the season. Boop!

• caff3inat3d says:

Unlikely. Taraji Henson straight up said that she doesn’t want to “ride a show until the wheels come off” and she’s been getting offers to do movies and other shows. She wanted to leave, her recent interviews confirm that, and the writers gave her the opportunity to get out while the oven was still hot.

Also, how the heck was she the show’s main character? Yes, she helped take down HR but the minute the HR arc ends, what purpose would she have had? She would’ve been a detective again doing… what? Just waiting for Reese and Finch to call like she did before? Investigating yet another corrupt organization in the police force? Drinking wine with Elias? I liked her but snore. It’s better she went out a hero than a glorified desk jockey.

• Jane Bitters says:

Thank you, I didn”t realize she had other options…so she wanted out of the show. that makes me feel better. We will miss her…I should say my husband and i will miss her, have to watch for her other options. She is a good actor. let’s see how the show goes without her character….

10. caff3inat3d says:

To everyone who said they would be “done” with the show if Carter died, what are you going to watch now? Days of Our Lives re-runs? Carter’s death made the most sense and it was set up from the moment she started yapping to Alonzo Quinn. The fact that she spilled everything to him was like a flashing neon sign that she would be the one to die, if not in the last episode than at some point in the demise of HR. You don’t get to piss off the head of a criminal organization and not find a bullet eventually, that’s just how the world works.

Instead of hating this change, why not accept the fact that Taraji Henson didn’t want to stay on the show forever and was content with bowing out at this point? At least Shaw and Root’s (hate the latter) actresses WANT to be on POI, presumably for the long haul.

11. Christi says:

Carter was my best,i felt rily sad about her death and shaw,she rocks!i love her character as abad ass gal,fusco is just fit for his character and op he goes on till the end.