Bridget Regan Steels Herself for White Collar Romance: 'It Is Not a Difficult Job to Have'

White Collar Preview Neal RomanceBridget Regan finds herself in familiar territory.

Almost exactly a year to the day that she was cast on Beauty and the Beast as a spoiler to the then-blossoming Vincent/Cat romance, she makes her White Collar debut as a romantic interest for TV’s most eligible bachelor, Neal Caffrey — thus following in the estimable footsteps of Hilarie Burton and Gloria Votsis.

“I knowwww…. I know,” the Legend of the Seeker alum sighs of her “unlucky” lot in TV life. “What am I in for?! That’s the big question.” In truth, though, she quickly notes that what she is in for is “a joy, I will tell you that. It’s been a joy.”

VIDEO | White Collar Preview: Can Neal Get Bookish Bridget Regan to ‘Open Up’?

Tonight at 9/8c on the USA Network drama, Regan begins a 10-episode arc as Rebecca Lowe, “a rare books scholar — a bit of an intellectual,” she tells TVLine. And her bookish beauty crosses paths with Neal as he prepares to steal, under orders from Hagen (Mark Sheppard), a book called The Codex.

“He comes in sort of casing the joint, so to speak, and I am there — and sparks fly,” Regan reports.

But seeing as Neal does not meet Rebecca under the guise of a do-good FBI consultant, “She’s a little wary of him, and you’ll see throughout the course of the episode what he does that compromises her job at the museum,” Regan previews. “He’s not completely honest when they first encounter one another.”

But when the guy preying on your profession looks like Matt Bomer and acts like Neal Caffrey, transgressions are amazingly forgiven. “She’s reallyWhite Collar - Season 5 taken by his smooth charm — as one would easily be!” says the actress. “He is probably the most charming creature I have ever come across, so it was not a difficult job to have.”

RELATED | USA Network Renews Suits

Yet aside from having red hair, Rebecca, Bomer himself has noted, is not your typical Neal Caffrey conquest. “She’s a little more on the introverted side, at first glance,” Regan allows. “She’s not an over-the-top sexy woman, but she has her feminine wiles.”

Though Neal meets Rebecca under “professional” circumstances, things will quickly enough become personal for the pair. “Conveniently or not so conveniently, he starts to have feelings for her, and vice versa. And throughout the course of the season it really does develop in a charming way,” Regan effuses. Of being the latest lady to steal the thief’s heart, she shares, “It was made very clear to me that Neal Caffrey’s weakness is women, and I just adored that, being his Achilles heel. I love how the writers and Matt play that.”

VIDEO | White Collar‘s Mozzie Hits Open Mic Night to Recap Seasons 1-4

Of course, with any Neal Caffrey coupling, drama must be had, but Regan can only tease from where it will stem for him and Rebecca.

“You’re going to have to wait for it, because it does take its time, which is one of the most delicious things about this season,” she teases. “It’s an exciting journey, this corner than Neal is backed into with Hagen. It starts as a season about that, and then it really turns into something so much more.”

Want more scoop on White Collar, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. wednesday says:

Absolutely despised her on Beauty and the Beast! Good ridance Alex!

2. Ray says:

ABC! Bring back Legend of the Seeker!

• famulan1st says:

I second that!!!

• DL says:

Reboot it, I say!
      The books the series was based on were far more mature. The character of Richard was supposed to be overwhelmingly masculine and stoic, with his sensitivity beneath, like Stephen Amell’s portrayal of Oliver Queen on Arrow, or Chris Hemsworth as Thor. Craig Horner killed it for me. He was goofy and weird. NOT Richard AT ALL. Regan, however, was completely perfect for Kahlan, so I’d be thrilled to see her give it another go.

• jennifer spencer says:

iagree also bring back it!!
      ABC/Disney it time for a other look at it.

3. Eliza says:

Haha. I do VERY much agree…. Matt Bomer is ridiculously handsome. And he plays Neal Caffery perfectly. Definitely one of the most charming men on tv! I would not be able to resist either.
    I’m excited to see how the season unfolds….

4. John 1138 says:

Somewhere along the way in the museum she MUST casually pick up a sword and give it a few Kahlan flourishes, then put it down with a shrug and move on while Neal follows along a bit goggle-eyted.

5. Amy says:

I’ve always loved Bridget. I, of course, adored her as Kahlan, she my Mother Confessor of my heart! And that epic hair. On Beauty and the Beast I didn’t hate Alex even though she was a wrench in slowing Vincent and Cat down…she played it with earnest intentions of a woman who lost her fiancee in more ways than one and having to deal with the fact the Vincent she loved essentially died, it never got so overwrought I wanted to stop watching the show. It made us see Vince and Cat stronger for it. So I’m looking forward to her in this, as well. I liked Sara but she chose to leave Neal for a job, I also liked Alex but she comes and goes and Neal has clearly gotten over Kate so why not have a new gal. I’ll enjoy Bridget anywhere!

6. anna says:

She’s been brilliant in her earlier roles be it the hero (Legend of the Seeker) or the vamp Beauty and the Beast). I like the way she described her character and like that she is into Neal from the get go. Can’t wait to see this story play out. One thing is sure, with Matt Bomer and Bridget Regan gazing into each others eyes, it’s going to be HOT HOT HOT!

7. JC says:

Loved her in Legend of the Seeker. I’m almost tempted to start watching White Collar again.

• patri says:

OMG! What are you waiting for? I’ll tell you one thing. I enjoy quite a few shows, but I got to say many are sort of interchangeable. White Collar offers something very different and unique. You will fall hopelessly and helplessly in love with Matt Bomer’s Neal Caffrey though…just a warning!!

• JC says:

I watched the first two seasons and part of the third. After checking IMDb, I think Upper West Side Story was the last episode I saw. I didn’t hate it, I didn’t get mad and quit, I just got bored with it I guess. It wasn’t so much that I made a conscious decision to stop watching as it was that one day I looked at all the episodes piled up on my DVR and realized I was never going to get around to watching them. *shrugs* And even when I was watching I was more a Peter fan than a Neal fan. I like Neal, and I think Matt Bomer is a great actor, but he doesn’t have the same effect on me that he obviously does on a lot of women. I’m more into the Steve McGarrett type I guess, boots and cargo pants and t-shirts rather than suits and hats. Ha! :)

• farila says:

Try watching the end of the season 3 and then, the season 4. You could like it, it’s more interesting. I have to admit some episodes aren’t so interesting because it’s a bit repetitive.
          Moreover, I did not like so much the second part of the season 4 because of the storyline…
          But the beginning was so great ♥ and the end, epic!! so this season, it’s even better! (I can’t spoil, but trust me, it’s brilliant!)

8. patri says:

She has the face and the talent made for the big screen just like Matt Bomer. They both have a great future in movies. Matt Bomer is already one of the hottest properties right now.This season of White Collar is going to be one delicious treat:)

9. do it says:

Speaking of Gloria Votsis, where is she? Bring back Alex.

10. Shaun says:

Here’s Wonder Woman DC,come and sign her!

11. Ella says:

I miss Sara :(

12. Anonymous says:

I really missed Sara at first and I didn’t like it that she had left the show but watching Bridget Regan as introverted Rebecca, I’m loving the new love.

13. JBC says:

Watched the first episode of White Collar that Bridget Regan guest stars in and am very impressed. Love this new character Rebecca. Well done WC casting. Great chemistry with her and Neal. Enjoying the story so far.

• nora says:

agree she has played her with just enough layers and mystery just perfectly. she has been well received by the audience and like many I can’t wait to see where this book lover and the conman are headed.

14. Love this season after the first episode I was worried that Neal & Peter would not find their way back to the relationshp they had before Peter’s big promotion. Felt like Peter was abandoning Neal and really hurt hm. Like the new lady i his life, it’s been a long time since Sara.

15. Sharon t says:

I don’t think she looks like matt’s type.

• JBC says:

Probably not Matt’s type, but ABSOLUTELY she looks like Neal’s type and Neal and Rebecca have intense chemistry together!! Love her addition to the show.

16. Mic Jag says:

I was almost bored with White Collar until Rebecca’s character came along. She’s hypnotizing! Even with those wonderwoman-like bookworm glasses. And the way Neal seems to always like touching her and gazing at her so close. Chemistry at its best!

17. Luv u bridget can’t stop watching legend of the seeker wish you and seeker are together in real life that will be the best thing that ever to me wish you goodluck