Sleepy Hollow: 5 Ways Fox's Supernatural Hit Can Keep Twisting History

Get More: Photo Gallery

Now that Fox’s Sleepy Hollow has educated us about the true reason for the Boston Tea Party (to retrieve a mystical weapon from the British) and the real source of George Washington’s brilliant strategy (a local coven, of course), we at TVLine started wondering what else would be on Professor Crane’s lesson plan once the season resumes on Nov. 4 (at 9/8c).

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Sleepy Hollow Spoilers!

So we’ve chosen a handful of well-known moments from the American Revolution and then imagined how the show’s evolving mythology might explain them. They’re all a little out there, but really: Once you show a headless Redcoat brandishing a machine gun, anything is fair game.

RELATED | November Sweeps Scoop: Info on Upcoming Episodes of Sleepy HollowGlee and More

Click through the gallery below for a quick history (and revisionist history) lesson, then hit the comments with the historical events you’d like to see Abbie and Ichabod address!

Comments (16)

• Yeah, but that’s not really an accurate description of the Paul Revere thing anyway…

Comment by Jessica – October 31, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares? I would imagine this is for the purpose of entertainment. Really, if you want to know about history pick up a book. I’m quite sure by the time they edit out stuff and add excerpts from the book of Revelations to form a scene-what you see is whatcha get, and personally I like what I see.

Comment by Poppy Jones – October 31, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe an upcoming episode is called “The Midnight Ride,” so there’s that. . . .

Comment by meem – October 31, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any of those work for me, this is one of best new shows on television.

Comment by MujerdeFuego – October 31, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love all 5 of those ideas! I also agree completely with MujerdeFuego, this IS one of the BEST new shows on television! Nov. 4th can’t come soon enough!!

Comment by Tracey – October 31, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are awesome! Love Sleepy Hollow.
    any way tvline could create a “seven ways to fix agents of SHIELD” article? while its a great show, there are some disconnects that are making the audience drop slowly but steadily. i’m worried for the shows future- so they better amp up their game for the rest of the season! and tvline should help!

Comment by Hollow SHIELD – October 31, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did you even come up with these? I actually really like the Bunker Hill one. Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – October 31, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. I love how crazy it is. All of these are definitely possible on this show. Would love to see something close to that Paul Revere version, really. It would be so funny.

Comment by Colleen – October 31, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love these concepts. The Delaware Crossing takes place after the Battle of NY which I’m assuming Icabod was killed during. But I’m a high school history teacher on lunch break, don’t mind me.

Comment by CourtTV – October 31, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Opening sequence of the pilot says the fight in which Ichabod gets mortally wounded takes place in Hudson Valley, NY 1781. — KR

Comment by Kimberly Roots – October 31, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Nathan Hale, hung as a Colonial spy, and his “I regret that I have but one life to give for my country” speech. Maybe he didn’t die at the gallows?
    Or Benedict Arnold, a traitor for a “different reason”.

Comment by Georgia Madman – October 31, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this! Keep the history twists coming Sleepy Hollow. Finally something to make the SAT History Test’s I took worthwhile!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 31, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, very nice explanations and tie-ins! That’s the appeal of Sleepy Hollow. We know the story isn’t true, but if it was, it might have happened just . . . like . . . this . . .

Comment by LaLa – October 31, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “A treasure map? How quaint.” love that one, hope that writers on Sleepy Hollow use it!!

Comment by Nichole – November 1, 2013 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t quit your day job

Comment by Sara – November 1, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about all of them? Anything to keep this great show on!! Note to Fox: Please expand to more than 12 episodes in 2014! Cannot imagine a better Monday night than Sleepy Hollow and The Following together!!

Comment by Jan – November 1, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post