Sleepy Hollow: 5 Ways Fox's Supernatural Hit Can Keep Twisting History

Now that Fox’s Sleepy Hollow has educated us about the true reason for the Boston Tea Party (to retrieve a mystical weapon from the British) and the real source of George Washington’s brilliant strategy (a local coven, of course), we at TVLine started wondering what else would be on Professor Crane’s lesson plan once the season resumes on Nov. 4 (at 9/8c).

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Sleepy Hollow Spoilers!

So we’ve chosen a handful of well-known moments from the American Revolution and then imagined how the show’s evolving mythology might explain them. They’re all a little out there, but really: Once you show a headless Redcoat brandishing a machine gun, anything is fair game.

RELATED | November Sweeps Scoop: Info on Upcoming Episodes of Sleepy HollowGlee and More

Click through the gallery below for a quick history (and revisionist history) lesson, then hit the comments with the historical events you’d like to see Abbie and Ichabod address!

1. Jessica says:

Yeah, but that’s not really an accurate description of the Paul Revere thing anyway…

• Poppy Jones says:

Who cares? I would imagine this is for the purpose of entertainment. Really, if you want to know about history pick up a book. I’m quite sure by the time they edit out stuff and add excerpts from the book of Revelations to form a scene-what you see is whatcha get, and personally I like what I see.

2. meem says:

I believe an upcoming episode is called “The Midnight Ride,” so there’s that. . . .

3. MujerdeFuego says:

Any of those work for me, this is one of best new shows on television.

4. Tracey says:

I absolutely love all 5 of those ideas! I also agree completely with MujerdeFuego, this IS one of the BEST new shows on television! Nov. 4th can’t come soon enough!!

5. Hollow SHIELD says:

These are awesome! Love Sleepy Hollow.
    any way tvline could create a “seven ways to fix agents of SHIELD” article? while its a great show, there are some disconnects that are making the audience drop slowly but steadily. i’m worried for the shows future- so they better amp up their game for the rest of the season! and tvline should help!

6. Babybop says:

How did you even come up with these? I actually really like the Bunker Hill one. Ha ha.

7. Colleen says:

I love this show. I love how crazy it is. All of these are definitely possible on this show. Would love to see something close to that Paul Revere version, really. It would be so funny.

8. CourtTV says:

Love these concepts. The Delaware Crossing takes place after the Battle of NY which I’m assuming Icabod was killed during. But I’m a high school history teacher on lunch break, don’t mind me.

• Kimberly Roots says:

Opening sequence of the pilot says the fight in which Ichabod gets mortally wounded takes place in Hudson Valley, NY 1781. — KR

9. Georgia Madman says:

How about Nathan Hale, hung as a Colonial spy, and his “I regret that I have but one life to give for my country” speech. Maybe he didn’t die at the gallows?
    Or Benedict Arnold, a traitor for a “different reason”.

10. Rich Abey says:

I love this! Keep the history twists coming Sleepy Hollow. Finally something to make the SAT History Test’s I took worthwhile!

11. LaLa says:

Wow, very nice explanations and tie-ins! That’s the appeal of Sleepy Hollow. We know the story isn’t true, but if it was, it might have happened just . . . like . . . this . . .

12. Nichole says:

“A treasure map? How quaint.” love that one, hope that writers on Sleepy Hollow use it!!

13. Sara says:

Don’t quit your day job

14. Jan says:

How about all of them? Anything to keep this great show on!! Note to Fox: Please expand to more than 12 episodes in 2014! Cannot imagine a better Monday night than Sleepy Hollow and The Following together!!