2014 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

Renewed TV Shows 2014TVLine’s annual index of immeasurable relief and crushing disappointment known as the Renewal Scorecard has arrived!

From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return for another season… and which will join Lucky 7, Ironside and We Are Men over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we once again present you with our easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel — including, for the first time, info on back-nine pickups! — so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal grid are as follows:

♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC

America’s Funniest Home Videos: Officially renewed.
The Assets:
Officially cancelled
The Bachelor:
A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Back In the Game: Too early to tell. Officially Cancelled
Betrayal: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Black Box: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Extreme Weight Loss: Season 4 debuted May 27; Already renewed for Season 5
The Goldbergs: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Killer Women: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially Renewed.
Lucky 7: Officially cancelled
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Mind Games: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Mistresses: Officially renewed; Season 2 premieres Summer 2014
Mixology: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Motive: Season 2 finale aired Aug. 27; Already renewed in Canada; ABC airing Season 3 could go either way
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Neighbors: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Resurrection: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Revenge: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Rookie Blue: Officially renewed; Season 5 premieres Summer 2014
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Super Fun Night: Too early to tell A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Trophy Wife: Too early to tell Could go either way. Officially cancelled

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Cancellations, Renewal Scorecards, Renewals

1. Jonny says:

I enjoy seeing ‘Officially Renewed’ beside 2.5 Men, The Millers and Mom. I am also happy The Crazy Ones got downgraded to ‘Could Go Either Way’ status.

2. worthymagic says:

It doesn’t look good for The Mentalist. Just about every one hour show has been renewed except for this one. It’s hard to believe that it will survive considering some of the other shows on CBS that have lower ratings were renewed. I really like this show. It looks like a lot of people don’t, or it would have been renewed.

• Shel says:

I love The Mentalist too. Hope CBS remembers when they make their decision how they ruined it putting it on Sundays when football changed the start time every week.

3. money says:

Arrow is the best show on TV!

4. CB says:

Does somebody know when the may sweeps scorecard is up this year?

5. missnanse says:

how you could have said that Blue Bloods could go either way was ridiculous since it is the #1 Friday night show. have something against the wonderful Tom Selleck? CBS has the best shows in daytime and prime time.

• bk says:

This is why I hate this site at times.CBS has the worst shows of any broadcast network they are all the same shows made for old people(I’m assuming you’re old cause you watch daytime tv)like you who couldn’t handle a real show like Breaking Bad

• Sarahliz says:

Wow. Are you 12? Shows don’t need sex violence and drugs to be real shows. Blue bloods promotes family values, no matter what those values may be (they just had a fantastic RuPaul type episode), they have shows like the Good Wife, which is very adult, and shows like Criminal Minds and CSI, which are certainly not for children. Grow up and expand your horizons a little bit.

• bk says:

Promoting Family Values does not make a show good either. 7th Heaven promoted family values and it’s one of the worst shows to run for more than 5 years. Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are not loved because of their sex drugs and violence they are loved by people who want good storytelling not cookie cutter murder mysteries where everybody goes home happy. CSI and Criminal Minds are shows for the lowest common denomimnator. Stop watching broadcast tv and go to cable and you’ll see this is a golden age of tv. All of your shows will be forgotten the minute they are cancelled.

• Sarahliz says:

Wow, you are small minded.

I bet you think the Newsroom unworthy television as well?

Probably because you don’t understand it.

Not everyone can afford cable. Many people enjoy broadcast. Get off your high horse and stop looking down your impossibly long nose at people who happen to enjoy things that promote a more wholesome message than glorifying incest and drug dealing. You can tell a good story without those things. Some of the smartest shows on television do it week after week, in fact.

Enjoy your shows, that’s fine. But stop looking down on other people for enjoying theirs. The whole point of networks providing a variety of programming is so everyone can get what they want.

• bk says:

Sarahliz you are just an idiot. These shows don’t glorify drug use or incest. A typical CBS watching idiot would say that. Maybe you should try watching these shows instead of labeling these shows as satanic. Family Values shows tend to dumb down things and have happy endings so they can appeal to grandma. CBS targets the lamest demographic which is a very large one. CBS makes pro government,pro military, pro law enforcement propaganda that appeals to idiots who need a happy ending and can’t follow a week to week storyline

• Sarahliz says:

Since you are obviously unable to hold an adult conversation and listen to another person’s reasonable opinion or give your own without name calling, I will end this here and say good day. I hope when you grow up you will broaden your horizons and learn to respect people who think differently than you do.

• Mary S says:

Sarahliz, I have run into people like bk on various Facebook pages-reepubs who have nothing positive or logical to say about anything. All they can do is call names about those who have a differing opinion. I am always ready for a reasonable and logical discussion about any subject, but bk is apparently a 12-year-old who does not know how to discuss anything without trying to put the other person down in some way, either by calling them names or telling them they are too old to “appreciate” they shows he likes (I say “he” because I do not believe a female would behave so rudely).
            I do not think this person is capable of a reasonable discussion, nor do I believe he even knows what that might be! He is obviously a selfish spoiled little boy who wants only what he wants and doesn’t think anyone else should be allowed to have what they enjoy!
            Don’t try to have a sensible discussion with him; it’s a waste of time!

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

My sincerely congratulations Sarahliz. It is a pleasure to know you, even if it is just through these lines. You are indeed entitled to your opinions, your likes, your dislikes and you have every right to express them without being subjected to insults an ridicule. It is refreshing to know that you can hold your own like a true Lady. When I enounter people like you, I am even more proud to be a woman.

I hope you have a wonderful life, Mariana

• Sarahliz says:

Thank you very much. Reading your comment made me feel quite wonderful. I wish you all the best as well!

• Sarahliz says:

Just as an aside, my favorite show ever was 24. Talk about following a week to week storyline. Or Revolution, or Revenge, or Lost. All non- procedural, week-to-week storyline shows. All on broadcast networks.

• Popcorn says:

I only watch two CBS shows Blue Bloods, and How I Met Your Mother (which is ending in two weeks). I don’t like most cops shows either. However don’t assume that only old people watch Daytime TV. I’m in my 30s. And I watch soaps, some in the daytime, and some in the primetime. I have since I was 12. Personally, I don’t like severe violence & gore. Different people like different stuff. Still, people shouldn’t get too upset about early predictions. They are predictions. It’s not May yet. There usually is lots of back & forth going on this time of the year. Some show shows stat as a Safe Bet and then downgraded to Could go Either Way, and vice versa. It get’s interesting this time time of the year!

6. Delilah90 says:

All I need from free tv is my Shonda Rhimes fix…everything else I get from HBO. So hopefully Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal will be renewed because that’s all I watch…

7. and they KEEP that crap America’s next top model on the air…drivel and superficial mind-numbingly stupid waste of air time

8. aw says:

PLEEEEEEAAASE, renew Star-Crossed! I am so excited about the Drake-Taylor-thing, that MIGHT be happening!!! When will it be no more “too early to tell” – > I think we’re past the fourth episode!

9. Shel says:

I think someone already mentioned this, but I will add my agreement to the idea: to make these awesome renewal pages even awesomer, could you please add an announcement when they have been updated? Thanks.

10. Bonnie Maynes says:

The Mentalist should get another season.

11. ABC needs to get on it, I need to hear about Grey’s and Nashville soon!

12. Bob Johnson says:

Good g-d, will someone just cancel “The CW” network!

• Sarahliz says:

Many of us enjoy the CW, many great shows came from the WB/CW (Buffy, Smallville, Veronica Mars, the list hoes on) and many great actors get their start on the CW. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. But don’t rob others of the joy they get from it.

• Jen says:

Every year there’s people who say the same thing. I don’t understand why there’s so much hatred for The CW.

13. SJ says:

Why isn’t American Dad on this list?

14. dee123 says:

So the question is what CW show might get thrown a lifeline? One of them usually does.

• Joanne says:

I’m betting the Tomorrow People…

• Brandy says:

The 100 right now is more likey to be renewed than TTP.HoD will be renewed for syndication.With ANTM renewd & taking a partial fall slot and VD,TO,Arrow,SPN ,Reign already renewed with HoD Likley to take another spot,that leaves only enough room four about four new shows and no ” pity renewals”.CW is having an up season, so there’s no need to renew shows doing less than 0.6-0.7 except HoD for syndication.I don’t see TTP getting renewed if The 100 stays at or above 0.6.TTP has already lost half it’s audience and declined steadily in ratings all season going from 0.9 to 0.4.Ive also heard its lost half it’s audience in UK already too.

15. Rick Wiggers says:

Where is Hells Kitchen on Fox?

16. smart tv liker says:

Still liking Rake to bad to wasn’t announced it was moved, found it by accident. Way to go for trying to get a show off the air again fox.

17. Jen says:

I hope Revolution gets renewed.

18. Little bummed Hart Of Dixie is a longshot. My favorite guilty pleasure. This season was a little odd, but hope the numbers pick up now that “Lemon” is back.

• WingsStef says:

The big test will be how many of us that will tune in on Friday when the show finally returns from the month long hiatus. I miss Lemon too!

• Friday has usually been a dead zone, but Blue Bloods has proven that wrong. Fingers crossed we can find more fans. :)

• Boiler says:

The viewership did increase on Friday AND HOD had better ratings that what is on Monday in its place. Lets hope. Just a fun show to watch

• WingsStef says:

Yay! I was watching. Still looks like it not doing as well as it could. Hopefully next week is even better. Either way, I will be watching. If it ends I hope it ends well, though of course I would rather seen more of the fun show.

• Brandy says:

HoD will most Likley be renewed for syndication

19. Mica says:

Almost Human!! Fox, do the right thing and renew this show!!!

20. Lia says:

I love Hart of Dixie, now they have moved it to Friday nights which sucks. It will definately go from a long shot to cancelled now

21. Andrea says:

Where’s The Blacklist?

22. Andrea says:

Oops, sorry. Found it under ‘B’ on NBC.

23. Daniel.safe.35 says:

I can’t believe The Simpsons is renewed. It used to be funny and cute, now it’s just old and in the way

24. Jonny says:

CBS sitcom schedule (how I see it)

Monday (Sep-Nov)

Thursday (Nov-May)
    8-8:30 TBBT
    8:30-9 The Millers
    9-9:30 NEW
    9:30-10 TAAHM (Final)

25. Stephanie Ellenburg says:

I love revolution it’s one of my favorite shows Please don’t cancel!!

26. Joanne says:

Happy to see Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been upgraded to “a safe bet!”

27. Nicole says:

I love this and the cable renewal scorecard but at this point in the season it always gets a little hard to read. Would there be any way to separate on each page the shows that are already renewed or cancelled from the ones that are still waiting so we know what shows are still up in the air?

28. Katie says:

I am worried about The Crazy Ones, Hannibal and Trophy Wife. (Super Fun Night as well but I’m already pretty sure it won’t be back.)

I think the issue with The Crazy Ones is it’s too quirky and niche for CBS. Their entire network full of really, really broad shows that are meant to appeal to as many people as possible. It’s part of why I only watch Big Bang Theory on CBS, but it’s also part of why The Crazy Ones isn’t doing as well as they want it to. It would be a much better fit for a network like Fox or NBC that welcomes niche comedies.

With regards to Hannibal, it’s the highest quality show in NBC’s entire schedule, by far. That coupled with the fact that it’s cheap to produce give me hope. Also, I trust Bryan Fuller’s ability to sell it to another network if necessary. (It would fit wonderfully at FX or Showtime.)

• Shannon says:

I agree on both points. I think The Crazy Ones is finally starting to find its groove. The 1st 1/2 of the season was pretty scattered and hard to get through but I stuck with it because of my undying love for SMG. But the last handful of episodes have felt much more grounded and even. Hopefully CBS will give it another season.

I actually kind of hope NBC cancels Hanniabl just so it will get picked up by a cable network. I think about how even more amazing that show would have HBO or Showtime or even FX because they have would have more to play with. Hannibal is one of the best shows on TV and deserves to live on somewhere if not on NBC. Hugh Dancy is phenomenal and Mads Mikkelsen is perfect as Hannibal. I hope that it will have many more seasons!

29. madman says:

If they cancel The Neighbors I’ll sit down and have a good cry. There has never been a sitcom that has made me laugh so hard. I look forward to getting off work on Friday nights and starting off my weekends with a fall on the floor, can’t hardly breathe, healthy burst of kicking my legs laughter.

30. margaretames says:

Are Zoe and Wade getting back together? I love those two together…

31. REVOLUTION NEEDS TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By far Revolution is the best show on now. I cant believe no one here is talking about it! Its even better then “the voice” and I love the voice. but I could go without it, I couldn’t go without Revolution. its the best show for sure. its better then “the following” “the walking dead” I’d say its on the level of “Breaking bad” what’s the matter with people not watching Revolution. its so awesome. there is a ton of action and bad and good guys and love story’s, it has everything a great show should have. START WATCHING IT GUYS!!!!! Come on already, don’t be dumb.

32. REVOLUTION NEEDS TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By far Revolution is the best show on now. I cant believe no one here is talking about it! Its even better then “the voice” and I love the voice. but I could go without it, I couldn’t go without Revolution. its the best show for sure. its better then “the following” “the walking dead” I’d say its on the level of “Breaking bad” what’s the matter with people not watching Revolution. its so awesome. there is a ton of action and bad and good guys and love story’s, it has everything a great show should have. START WATCHING IT GUYS!!!!! Come on already, don’t be dumb.

33. I went out a bought the shows I love on video, just in case they stop them like once upon a time ,revolution, I didn’t see supper fun night or once in wonder land I hope they get them out soon so I can get them to ya there a little spend but to me I love them so its worth it . And I watch them a lot. I just hope they dlng stop showing them . Please keep them on

34. MikeyM says:

Ashame that The Crazy Ones might be cancelled.

35. Jonathon says:

NBC is the only network I’m worried about right now. I like 2 shows currently on their network. Last summer I really enjoyed Siberia, and from the sound of it, without actually confirming it it doesn’t appear to be coming back and then there is one of my favorite shows Revolution and that also appears to be in bad shape. Sadly I may be watching one less network if both of these shows are truly cancelled.

36. Rick Katze says:

I see “Agents of Shield” upgraded to a safe bet. I’m not surprised. Its a big investment for ABC.Suspected that they would give this show more leeway. Now if they would only move it to a better time and away from NCIS.

And, in general, its been a good year for TV as far as I am concerned. Most of the shows I like have either been renewed or are likely to be renewed.

And all the networks should consider this. You’re moving to a more original programing during the summer because you have no choice. People are no longer willing to watch reruns on a regular basis. There are too many options to choose. The networks no longer have a monopoly as they did in the earlier days of TV. They should consider keeping some of the shows which have a following and move them into the rerun period where they just may bloom.

37. carol smith says:

I just read that Revolution is on the “Long Shot” to be renewed list. This is a fantastic show but in the wrong time slot. Viewers with children are busy at the 8pm hour either getting ready for bed or watching a more appropriate show for children. Please do not cancel Revolution. Renew it and move it to a 10pm time slot. Even another night, like Tuesday, would be great!! PLEASE!!!

• Sarahliz says:

Tvbythenumbers is giving it a much better shot, especially now since Believe and Crisis aren’t really taking. We may have hope for Revolution yet!

38. cswolf62 says:

Believe and Resurrection are excellent shows! PLEASE DO NOT cancel these shows. Finally a few shows that are actually worth watching.

39. Mary S says:

Killer Women: A long-shot
    When was this post updated?? I read weeks ago that KW was cancelled!
    And I’ve only seen 2 episodes of Mind Games…the first time I saw it I set my DVR to record it any day anytime…
    Why was it cancelled? There have only been 3 episodes, haven’t there? I only missed the first one…I thought…so how many have there been, to make them cancel it after so few? It wasn’t advertised well enough to even capture the imagination to find it.
    What is wrong with this network?

• dcg4us says:

What is wrong with the Networks?

They make decisions based on an ancient rating system. I’m hoping someone will figure out a way with current tech to take a truer accounting of what viewers are watching. This making decisions based on one or two showings is ridiculous. Until then, they need to screen shows to the Neilsen raters before they even put them on the air. That way they can at least put a whole season on and quit wasting our time and pissing us off!

• dcg4us says:

What is wrong with the Networks?
      IMHO:

40. Mary S says:

Intelligence: Too early to tell. A long-shot — I THOROUGHLY ENJOY THIS SHOW!!!
    The Mentalist: Could go either way — if they are stupid enough to cancel The Mentalist, they should all see shrinks!
    They renewed the totally lame wastes of airspace Two Broke Girls, Amazing Race and Big Brother, but Intelligence is a long-shot? What, their viewers are not intelligent enough to watch a show called Intelligence?
    I understand it is probably a costlier show to make, but if they are so dense that they are pandering only to an audience of reality-show fans, I guess I might have to lower my opinion of all of them….

• Annalisa says:

They made a show named “intelligence” and expected the AVERAGE CBS VIEWER to show up? seriously?

• Mary S says:

You’re right…it does sound kind of like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? BUT, for those who like spy novels, the word “intelligence” also applies to information gathered in the pursuit of the enemy…ehhh…you’re right, again. The AVERAGE CBS viewer may not get that reference either.
        But, hopefully they do have enough of their own to at least check it out! I really like the show and hope it continues!

• JoyAnne says:

I agree it would be crazy to cancel The Mentalist. My very favorite show on TV. The episode this week was really great. (Violet). All it needs is a better time slot. I’ve given up on TGW but I know others enjoy it. There are 4 sitcoms renewed that for me are a complete waste of time. I enjoy a good joke but I don’t like crude. The Mom on The Millers makes me shudder in disbelief. I’ve quit watching it. Love TBBT. Even though there are times when I look at Sheldon and think what the heck, but I still laugh. As long as I can watch The Mentalist, NCIS and The new one with Scott Bakula looks interesting.

41. emaegf says:

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is Canceled. Next week is it’s Series Finale. That’s what was said at the end of last night’s episode.

42. Kristen says:

I need Nashville, Gray’s Anatomy, and Law & Order:SVU to be renewed!! Especially Nashville; its getting really good!

43. Jj says:

I really hope BatB doesn’t get cancelled. The thought of no more Vincent on my screen makes me sad…

44. jay says:

What about NBC’s Believe its only had 3 episodes and they’ve actually been quite good. I think it deserves more of a chance then people are giving it and JJ+Cuaron cmon.

45. Jacqui says:

What about Whodunnit? I know it wasn’t very popular but I loved it!

46. Debbie says:

I SO want Revolution renewed – best show in a LONG, LONG time (Blacklist is another fav, but it’s safe already…)

• brina says:

I am right with you on this one. This show has gotten soooo much better in the second season, I wish people would give it another try. I’m wondering when we will hear news of it’s renewal or cancellation? I also really enjoy the blacklist!

47. Michelle says:

frustrated that you put a great TV Drama on like Betrayal then take it off, just like that! Of course there are a lot of people that do not like a show like this, however… There are a lot of people that do! UGH I’m so irritated! I was looking forward to season 2…

48. Smallwheels says:

I don’t watch TV anymore. I watch shows that are on TV via my computer’s internet connection. Ratings are interesting and often stupid. There is a better solution for all of us. Networks should have all of their shows available for download. They can embed a few advertisements in each show. This way the networks sell advertising AND won’t be constrained by their limited time slots. They could run thirty hours of TV per day or more if they wanted. All they would have to do is allow those shows that don’t make it in the broadcast ratings to be available exclusively as downloads or streams at their network web sites. I would go for the downloads because some network web sites are really crappy when it comes to streaming. ……………How many of us have loved a show and the network jerks cancelled it? ALL of us have experienced this. I could name twenty shows off the top of my head that were cancelled. Many of them were getting good ratings but not enough for the greedy networks. They would rather take a chance with something unknown in the hope that it would do better. They are often wrong about those things too. Sometimes it is a matter of putting a cheaper show in a slot because they don’t have to invest as much money into each episode to get the profit they want. That is how reality TV came into being. Talk shows are super cheap compared to sit-coms. ……………Allowing downloads and streaming would give the networks a super accurate number for ratings compared to their current methods. They could price thier advertisements accordingly. It is a win win win for viewers, networks, and advertisers. ……………The networks could also take a big bite out of Netflix if they wanted some of that business. They could do the same thing with network movies. The internet is the new frontier. It is time for broadcast TV networks and cable networks to join the twenty-first century.

49. Jonny says:

ABC – It’s time to pull the plug on Modern Family. That show has never had a shred of funny. The only show you should renew is Resurrection. That is the only good show on your network.
    CBS – Most of your comedies are good, you just need to kill Mike and Molly and The Crazy Ones. As for Two and a Half Men, that is the best show currently on TV, but, let’s face it, you should announce the next season as the last, or it might start to go downhill and no one wants that.
    Fox – I love Family Guy and I have a feeling that will never go downhill. So keep it on until Season 23. The Simpsons needed to go a LONG time ago. So pretty please don’t renew it next year. This is my exact worry about Two and a Half Men. Come on Fox, 17 seasons was enough.
    NBC – You’re starting to bring good TV, renew Growing Up Fisher and Believe and really just cancel everything else. Seriously, time to end you’re shows except the 2 I mentioned.
    The CW – Shut down your entire network you peace of crap!!!!

50. Frank says:

why are crap shows still on and shows with thought are not?

• rocky says:

Because there are weirdos that unfortunately like the crap shows. Don’t get it myself either.

• flutiefan says:

look at the comment above yours to get a glimpse. these people think 2 & a Half Men is the best show on TV, and Modern Family has never had a funny moment.

• Jonny says:

2.5 Men is the best show on TV and Modern Family??? That is the 3rd gayest show on TV (next to The Crazy Ones and The Voice)

• Sarahliz says:

Why do you use the word gay as if it’s an insult? If by gay you mean happy, then yes, it is one of the happiest shows on TV. If by gay you mean homosexual, then you are also accurate. The 2 homosexual characters on the show are probably the funniest (apart from Phil). If you mean gay as an insult, it’s time to expand your vocabulary. No one civilized considers gay to be a bad thing anymore.

• rocky says:

I would have to agree with you Sarah. Some people just dont really understand that things change and the way people use words has different meanings to others just in the way its used or pecieved by others its the way of todays society unfortunately not every body sees it thay way. It doesnt matter to me as long as it makes people happy. Right